PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 548.
#19401 1 year ago

The magna grab magnet was loose and spinning on an LE. After I tightened it, my magna grab performance deteriorated significantly.

Quoted from arzoo:

The magnet is held in place by a single allen head bolt. If the bolt is tightened down (even slightly), the magnet will not spin. I don't think Stern's intent was to leave the bolt loose.

#19402 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

The magna grab magnet was loose and spinning on an LE. After I tightened it, my magna grab performance deteriorated significantly.

From Stern, the magnet cylinder on a Godzilla is NOT supposed to spin. It’s supposed to be solidly screwed in place.

Mine is loose and kept it that way when I replaced it recently.

#19403 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

From Stern, the magnet cylinder on a Godzilla is NOT supposed to spin. It’s supposed to be solidly screwed in place.
Mine is loose and kept it that way when I replaced it recently.

I'm confused, and having issues with our game. Is the magnet supposed to be tight? And yours plays fine loose? Mine spins freely, with about 1/4" up and down play. Why did you need to replace?

#19404 1 year ago

I guess I need to run a test to watch the magnet, I haven't done that yet

#19405 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wth? Won't show pic

Something weird is happening with the rescaling. Set the dropdown to "no rescaling" and it should work.

#19406 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

'm confused, and having issues with our game. Is the magnet supposed to be tight? And yours plays fine loose? Mine spins freely, with about 1/4" up and down play. Why did you need to replace?

Mine spins about a half inch, side to side....off of a magna-grab. I think it is supposed to move because timing the release off a magna-grab is the challenge, correct? But, off a destruction jackpot the magnet is stationary.

#19407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm confused, and having issues with our game. Is the magnet supposed to be tight? And yours plays fine loose? Mine spins freely, with about 1/4" up and down play. Why did you need to replace?

Stern tech support says it supposed to be tight. No movement. Mine spins freely with a little up/down movement and plays great. I replaced it due to wear though didn’t really need to. It still worked fine.

#19408 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The post in the middle is not supposed to move. The magnet around it, doesn't matter if it moves.

#19409 1 year ago

Use some Loctite 243 on the magnet screw and it wont get loose anymore.
It's true that the magnet shouldn't spin. However, I din't saw a difference in performance.

#19410 1 year ago

I'm baffled how anyone would think anything like that is supposed to be loose. It will eat anything above or below it over time. Not Stern's intent. TIGHTEN IT if you value your clearcoat.

#19411 1 year ago

Hey guys,
Quick question,
Family members came over last weekend and played godzilla as usual. Their comment was the game feels slow now and i must agree(i barely played within the last months) They had hard time getting the ball into the ramps.

I recently leveled the game with a digital meter, if i recall around 7.8

Game has roughly 500 plays, original balls and never waxed other then small novus clean up.

What do you recommend? Thx

#19412 1 year ago

Check the coil stops, clean the game, replace the balls, make the pitch so the bubble is touching the top line or just past it.

#19413 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hey guys,
Quick question,
Family members came over last weekend and played godzilla as usual. Their comment was the game feels slow now and i must agree(i barely played within the last months) They had hard time getting the ball into the ramps.
Game has roughly 500 plays, original balls and never waxed other then small novus clean up.

7.8? Should be around 6.5 - 7

#19414 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

There's your problem chief..

#19415 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

7.8? Should be around 6.5 - 7

Ditto 7.8 is a bit much

#19416 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Hey guys,
Quick question,

7.8? Dang! Your ball needs ropes, carabiners, and ice-shoes to get up the ramps!

#19417 1 year ago

On my premium, the magnagrab post would spin, even with the screw fully tightened.

In my case, the screw was bottoming out and simply would not tighten any further.

I ended up putting a small washer on the screw which allowed it to tighten properly and lock down the magnagrab cylinder.

To be honest, I saw no change in performance.

#19418 1 year ago

Putting in a little PBL order right now. Are the coil sleeves and stops the same for the upper flipper vs the lowers?

#19419 1 year ago

Picking up my GZ premium armor from the powder coat shop today! Super excited!!

a98d4741-1432-4695-b008-e81559e92d80_449914043206911.gifa98d4741-1432-4695-b008-e81559e92d80_449914043206911.gif
#19420 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Putting in a little PBL order right now. Are the coil sleeves and stops the same for the upper flipper vs the lowers?

Yes - they are the same.

#19421 1 year ago

lol, i guess, i will verify the level tonight,

im in doubt now

#19422 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Yes - they are the same.

Thanks

#19423 1 year ago

I'm surprised that by 1.04 code there are still some animations that you can't skip, especially with so many timed modes. Off the top of my head, jets and telsa still can't be skipped like the rest of the on-screen stuff. I've missed quite a few imposter shots and battle shots because the ball was struck on the magna-grab during an unskippable animation.

Stern, let us skip all on-screen content, for the sake of game flow!

#19424 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Stern, let us skip all on-screen content, for the sake of game flow!

I think the real answer is that the timers should pause. Though I would really like to skip the city bonus after changing cities. Like I get it, move on.

#19425 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i will say, there really shouldn't be a difference between the standard and mothra shooters...check your alignment on where the tip matches with the ball, that your tip cover is sat on correctly, etc.

The Mothra shooter is definitely weaker than the standard one. I took all of the hardware (springs, washers, lock ring and tip) off of my standard shooter and put it on the Mothra shooter. Now the new shooter is as strong as the stock one was. I understand that the green-marked springs should all be the same, but there is definitely a difference because this solved my shooter issue.

#19426 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Just used these to do the VUK improvement as detailed by RoadQueen on my brand-new Godzilla (Premium). Easy, painless and safe.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Yes, you can use Harbor Freight clamps + a folded rag...but these will stay in my pinball repair toolkit for years. Good work Kevin_LHeureux!

zh2oson Somehow I missed this earlier. Thank you for the kind words and I’m really happy you love them. I’m super proud of them and think they should be in every toolbox. Just makes life so much easier.

#19427 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I'm baffled how anyone would think anything like that is supposed to be loose. It will eat anything above or below it over time. Not Stern's intent. TIGHTEN IT if you value your clearcoat.

The part that spins doesn’t touch the clear coat. It’s not an issue, and the performance is the same. Honestly, spinning is probably a good thing as it evens out the natural wear of the ball hitting it, though that may be negligible regardless.

#19428 1 year ago

Base coat is Ink black. Top coats called "Gojira" from prismaticpowders.com. In low light it almost appears black, but when light hits it, it's a very high metallic color shifting type deal. Lots of green with some gold thrown in. Super happy with the results.

20230307_174913 (resized).jpg20230307_174913 (resized).jpg20230307_174926 (resized).jpg20230307_174926 (resized).jpg
#19429 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Base coat is Ink black. Top coats called "Gojira" from prismaticpowders.com. In low light it almost appears black, but when light hits it, it's a very high metallic color shifting type deal. Lots of green with some gold thrown in. Super happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stunning!

#19430 1 year ago

So I just got my Premium in FINALLY I have a tech question for everyone. When my building goes down and start multiball it makes a pretty terrible noise, it sounds like maybe the belt is getting caught. Once I hit the building with the next ball it seems to work fine. Does anyone have an idea as to what I could adjust? Frustrating that I am having out of the box issues but I know this stuff happens.

#19431 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

So I just got my Premium in FINALLY I have a tech question for everyone. When my building goes down and start multiball it makes a pretty terrible noise, it sounds like maybe the belt is getting caught. Once I hit the building with the next ball it seems to work fine. Does anyone have an idea as to what I could adjust? Frustrating that I am having out of the box issues but I know this stuff happens.

Lift the playfield and make sure all the nuts are tight on the bottom of the building. There are a few nuts that are recessed - those are the ones I had to tighten. If that fixes it take the nuts off, add some loctite, and tighten them back up. That is what Stern tech support told me to do. Hope that helps.

#19432 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Mine started doing this after a while. I fixed it this way…. Under the pf in the building mech, there’s a metal block part that has two holes and two poles go through the holes. It’s like the guide rails that the building slides up and down on. I figured out there was slight binding going on where these poles go through that metal block piece. It caused the building to vibrate when descending. I put a small amount of liquid Super Lube (2 drops) on each pole and rubbed it around with a cloth. Fixed it right away and hasn’t been an issue since.

EE90B16F-BAD3-4237-9234-9D01D6BA66D7 (resized).pngEE90B16F-BAD3-4237-9234-9D01D6BA66D7 (resized).png
#19433 1 year ago

Thank you both. I will try both things this morning.

#19434 1 year ago

I got my Pro last week. I am in Monster Heaven! I look forward to playing daily and rereading all 389 pages of this thread.

#19435 1 year ago
Quoted from MB1969C10:

I got my Pro last week. I am in Monster Heaven! I look forward to playing daily and rereading all 389 pages of this thread.

That's exactly what I did, except in my case I got through the whole thread while I was waiting on my game. It makes very good reading, and you'll certainly be prepared for anything that pops up. Plus, if you do run into an issue, everyone here is very helpful.
Enjoy!

#19436 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Mine started doing this after a while. I fixed it this way…. Under the pf in the building mech, there’s a metal block part that has two holes and two poles go through the holes. It’s like the guide rails that the building slides up and down on. I figured out there was slight binding going on where these poles go through that metal block piece. It caused the building to vibrate when descending. I put a small amount of liquid Super Lube (2 drops) on each pole and rubbed it around with a cloth. Fixed it right away and hasn’t been an issue since.[quoted image]

I believe the game comes with some lube to use? I'm sure the Super Lube works great, but I'm wondering why you chose to use this over what it came with? I ask because I will have to do the same thing eventually Thanks!

#19437 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

If you don't mind me asking...How much does this cost, and is it a pain in the butt to remove those siderails?

#19438 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

If you don't mind me asking...How much does this cost, and is it a pain in the butt to remove those siderails?

Newer Sterns are easy to remove the armor. They don't use double sided tape. Side rails use 2 Phillips screws, and a bolt at each end. The head does have to fold down to remove the back bolt (unless you're removing the hinges also). Legs, Lockbar, you know that stuff. My local place charges $80 to strip and sandblast the original finish off, then $225 to do the coating. They provide any base coat needed. I buy the color I want from Prismaticpowders.com and bring it to them. I've had numerous games done, and I have spare armor sets on hand (they aren't terribly expensive). That way the game isn't torn apart for weeks waiting on the job to be complete.

#19439 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Lift the playfield and make sure all the nuts are tight on the bottom of the building. There are a few nuts that are recessed - those are the ones I had to tighten. If that fixes it take the nuts off, add some loctite, and tighten them back up. That is what Stern tech support told me to do. Hope that helps.

I suggest you use only BLUE or PURPLE loctite in a situation like this (not the RED or GREEN permanent type that you will hate down the road when you need to remove it for any reason).

#19440 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I believe the game comes with some lube to use? I'm sure the Super Lube works great, but I'm wondering why you chose to use this over what it came with? I ask because I will have to do the same thing eventually Thanks!

I don’t remember any lube coming w the game. Maybe in the goodie bag which I didn’t fully open? I used super lube only because I find it to be good general purpose synthetic and doesn’t get all gunked up over time. And a tiny bit goes a long way. Works great on spinners too. That said I know you don’t want to lube a pin in general but I find certain targeted applications to fix specific problems have been fine.

#19441 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I don’t remember any lube coming w the game. Maybe in the goodie bag which I didn’t fully open? I used super lube only because I find it to be good general purpose synthetic and doesn’t get all gunked up over time. And a tiny bit goes a long way. Works great on spinners too. That said I know you don’t want to lube a pin in general but I find certain targeted applications to fix specific problems have been fine.

Mine came with this
20230308_135342.jpg20230308_135342.jpg

Super Lube is good stuff! Thanks for your input.

#19442 1 year ago

Newer Sterns are easy to remove the armor. They don't use double sided tape. Side rails use 2 Phillips screws, and a bolt at each end. The head does have to fold down to remove the back bolt (unless you're removing the hinges also). Legs, Lockbar, you know that stuff. My local place charges $80 to strip and sandblast the original finish off, then $225 to do the coating. They provide any base coat needed. I buy the color I want from Prismaticpowders.com and bring it to them. I've had numerous games done, and I have spare armor sets on hand (they aren't terribly expensive). That way the game isn't torn apart for weeks waiting on the job to be complete.

Smart, that's what I was thinking...Pin would be down for a month or more

#19443 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Mine came with this
[quoted image]

Wow. Were there instructions about what the lube was meant for?

#19444 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

This was the answer someone posted from Stern

Quoted from cistearns:

I reached out to Stern about the Magnalube included in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

#19445 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Mine came with this
[quoted image]

A word of caution: Use lube very sparingly as it becomes a magnet for DUST. Once you start using lube, the dust will become a regular service item for you every 50-100 games or so. I prefer NOT to use it anywhere since most mechs on most modern playfields are designed not to need it.

#19446 1 year ago

Hi All,

Today I noticed when the “Light Destruction Jackpot” insert in front of the building is lit and I hit into the building, my GZ Premium won’t initiate the Destruction Jackpot mode and the “Destruction Jackpot” insert will not light.

When I hit the ball into the building the damage meter registers fine. Has anyone run into this issue and if yes can you please offer a solution? Thanks.

#19447 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I totally forgot about it. So funny. I just threw it in my junk drawer, I didn't give it much thought.

#19448 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Hi All,
Today I noticed when the “Light Destruction Jackpot” insert in front of the building is lit and I hit into the building, my GZ Premium won’t initiate the Destruction Jackpot mode and the “Destruction Jackpot” insert will not light.
When I hit the ball into the building the damage meter registers fine. Has anyone run into this issue and if yes can you please offer a solution? Thanks.

There's a Building Hit opto (switch 52) and a Building Exit micro (switch 53) as well. Try feeding a ball through the building in Switch Test to see if your Building Exit (53) is registering.

I had a similar issue when my machine was new where the entry/hit was working but the exit was not. Turned out the leaf of the microswitch needed to be adjusted. Kind of a pain, it's down in that space just behind and below the right end of the bridge (on a Prem/LE). Best tweaked with a switch leaf adjuster tool, super handy to have in your kit if you don't already have one.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#19449 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to get a 3X super or higher in Godzilla Multiball?

#19450 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anyone know how to get a 3X super or higher in Godzilla Multiball?

From the Godzilla Rulesheet at Tilt Forums: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

"Godzilla Multiball begins by either plunging and releasing all three balls from the magnet lock (Pro) or releasing all three balls from the building towards the flippers (Prem / LE). During Multiball, shoot lit shots for Jackpots worth 500k + 500k per Godzilla Multiball started. Each jackpot advances its corresponding shot to the next Jackpot level, up to three times per shot until the Super Jackpot is scored:

Blue > 1x Jackpot
Green > 2x Jackpot
Yellow > 3x Jackpot
Orange > 4x Jackpot
Red > 5x Jackpot
Super Jackpot, worth the jackpot total, lights at the building by shooting 6 Jackpot shots. Complete all lit shots for +1x to Super Jackpot. Shoot the Wallop shot (reverse building) for an additional +1x. Scoring the Super Jackpot also relights all jackpots at +1x their initial level (the highest level jackpots can be lit at after scoring the Super Jackpot is 3x), and is required to qualify Monster Zero."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/389?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.