IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 548.
#19301 1 year ago

Newb question On the Premium, are the arms posable on the mecha toy? I ask as on mine, the right hand is low and the rotating ramp for mecha spinner is inbetween the fingers on mecha as it spins. I thought that mecha tilts slightly back when hit from ramp? Shoudl i adjust arms? I dont want to break anything.
thank you.

#19302 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Newb question On the Premium, are the arms posable on the mecha toy? I ask as on mine, the right hand is low and the rotating ramp for mecha spinner is inbetween the fingers on mecha as it spins. I thought that mecha tilts slightly back when hit from ramp? Shoudl i adjust arms? I dont want to break anything.
thank you.

The arms aren't pose-able without the help of some heat or something else. By design it's a fixed piece. I kind of wish they had a rotating adjustment at the shoulder as even though Mecha's left hand is high, the elbow is low and sometimes we trap a ball there and have to remove the glass to free it up. There is a kind of hinge or "give" at Mecha's base that I expect is there to help absorb the energy of the ball flying up the ramp, it hits Mecha's body/magnet with some authority. Here's a crummy pic of what my Mecha looks like in my Prem for reference so you can compare. My Mecha turret plastics are different from stock but about the same size/height.
IMG_2043 (resized).jpgIMG_2043 (resized).jpg

#19303 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

TMNT has one as well as cooperative mode (where each player shares the same progress through the game/modes)

Man, my kids would love this. That would be an incredible addition.

#19304 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

The arms aren't pose-able without the help of some heat or something else. By design it's a fixed piece. I kind of wish they had a rotating adjustment at the shoulder as even though Mecha's left hand is high, the elbow is low and sometimes we trap a ball there and have to remove the glass to free it up. There is a kind of hinge or "give" at Mecha's base that I expect is there to help absorb the energy of the ball flying up the ramp, it hits Mecha's body/magnet with some authority. Here's a crummy pic of what my Mecha looks like in my Prem for reference so you can compare. My Mecha turret plastics are different from stock but about the same size/height.
[quoted image]

Thank you.. Yeah the left arm as you look at Mecha is too low.. the "pinky" finger catches the plastic on the ramp.. it does not hinder the rotation, as it slides between the fingers.. No shock absorbtion by Mecha locked due to this issue.

#19305 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I ended up skimming the last couple hundred posts and didn't see it - have we talked about Keith saying that a Challenge Mode feature was coming for GZ soon? I guess of course it was discussed, and surely I missed it. Anyway, I believe it was on his latest appearance on loserkids podcast, hopefully I'm not remembering the wrong interview. He seemed to indicate a special mode was/maybe still is planned, but might just end up being something like Terror of MechaGZ instead.
Man I am really looking forward to that, especially if it's a new cool mode. But either way, if I have a complaint on GZ it's that a good game can last a long ass time. No one wants to wait playing multiplayer for me to finish 15 minute balls between turns. But even just playing singleplayer sometimes playing a quick challenge game mode would be a lot of fun and really push this machine over the top even further. To have the option to start a quick challenge game to get the highest score on Terror real quick with the limited flips will be freaking awesome.
I guess you JP owners are used to that feature already, but I've not owned a game with that feature yet (well, sorta - Judge Dredd with the super game option was similar-ish in concept). Really looking forward to that new code and option. What other modern games have that alternate game/challenge mode at startup? AIQ have that too?

Challenge mode isn't usually a new mode that isn't already in the game. It's usually just a way to jump in and play a wizard mode that's already in the game.

#19306 1 year ago

Just heard from a second distributor that they still expect some additional GZ Premiums to arrive over the next few days. (So all hope is not lost...)

#19307 1 year ago

The 12pm-2pm delivery window resulted in a 6:30pm arrival.

I'm not even mad...

Godzilla delivery.jpgGodzilla delivery.jpg

Godzilla delivery 2.jpgGodzilla delivery 2.jpg

Godzilla delivery 3.pngGodzilla delivery 3.png

#19308 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just heard from a second distributor that they still expect some additional GZ Premiums to arrive over the next few days. (So all hope is not lost...)

I didn't get in early enough and decided I wanted to try to get a Premium over a Pro with Pros apparently growing on trees (comparatively) in July. And I've heard the same thing from a number of distributors as well ('Maybe more in a week or so').. But it's definitely not fun to be looking for a chair when the music starts to slow down. My local guy told me November but probably not. And yet others claim to have November spots available. It pays to shop around I guess.

I was able to find a handful at slightly over MSRP but felt like the price was reasonable for folks that didn't require a wire transfer etc because me paying the fees for a CC etc were already baked in. And I like using CCs for obvious reasons but also because I get points.

I know of one that was available as of yesterday if you don't mind paying a bit more...but things do move fast...

#19309 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Thank you.. Yeah the left arm as you look at Mecha is too low.. the "pinky" finger catches the plastic on the ramp.. it does not hinder the rotation, as it slides between the fingers.. No shock absorbtion by Mecha locked due to this issue.

Is this on a new machine or one you bought second-hand? If it's new, I'd take a pic with the issue you describe and get a replacement requested from Stern. You can't hit Mecha (aside from an airball) with the turret rotated, but eventually it will scratch or wear the finish with use, assuming I'm visualizing your problem correctly.

#19310 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Is this on a new machine or one you bought second-hand? If it's new, I'd take a pic with the issue you describe and get a replacement requested from Stern. You can't hit Mecha (aside from an airball) with the turret rotated, but eventually it will scratch or wear the finish with use, assuming I'm visualizing your problem correctly.

I am emailing them now.

#19311 1 year ago

Woohoo, I just discovered the Kaiju battles continue if you restart the battle with the next ball - it took me all 3 balls but I finally beat Ebira!

I have to say, its a bit underwhelming - I was expecting some kind of big announcement and video splash, not an unexcited "Godzilla controls Tokyo"

#19312 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Woohoo, I just discovered the Kaiju battles continue if you restart the battle with the next ball - it took me all 3 balls but I finally beat Ebira!
I have to say, its a bit underwhelming - I was expecting some kind of big announcement and video splash, not an unexcited "Godzilla controls Tokyo"

It's like when you score a TD in the Super Bowl. Act like you do it all the time....

#19313 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

There’s a bit of a reward vo and short video for defeating a kaiju. The game
Makes a bigger deal of other events as you advance through the game. There are so many more modes and layers to the progression, defeating monsters is the first step forward. Not to diminish your achievement just saying the fanfare increases and there needs to be room to grow

#19314 1 year ago

Has anyone completely removed the playfield? I watched a couple of videos on how to install art blades but now I'm stumped. If I remove the playfield I don't know where to put it. I've seen people prop the playfield up against the wall or set it down on paint cans. But for GZ, I don't think that's feasible with the way this particular game's attachments underneath extend further out; they would obstruct me from doing that. Is setting it down on one of its sides an option? I don't want to do anything that could potentially damage it.

#19315 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Has anyone completely removed the playfield? I watched a couple of videos on how to install art blades but now I'm stumped. If I remove the playfield I don't know where to put it. I've seen people prop the playfield up against the wall or set it down on paint cans. But for GZ, I don't think that's feasible with the way this particular game's attachments underneath extend further out; they would obstruct me from doing that. Is setting it down on one of its sides an option? I don't want to do anything that could potentially damage it.

There are a number of ways to install sideblades without taking the playfield out. Wet or dry, they usually involve tilting the playfield into service position and moving it a few times, front to back. I have installed 8 machines using the dry approach, and never removed a playfield.

#19316 1 year ago

I dry installed the artblades in my Bond, it was significantly easier than I expected. Might be a little easier with a second set of hands but overall I would not hesitate to do it again.

#19317 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

It would be nice to get more clear callout or unique sound effect when battle completed. Sometimes when in a multiball and battle running, I can't tell if I completed the battle or not.

On the opposite side of things, I would prefer the replay lightshow to be tamed. You will be in the middle of playing out something important then all of the sudden the game goes dark and goes nuts. It's hard to see the ball and often drain because of it.

#19318 1 year ago

I didn't remove my playfield at all to get art-blades on my pro. Just lift the playfield and slide the art-blades into place. They can be maneuvered a bit before pressing down. Took maybe 15 minutes. Looks great.

#19319 1 year ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

I didn't remove my playfield at all to get art-blades on my pro. Just lift the playfield and slide the art-blades into place. They can be maneuvered a bit before pressing down. Took maybe 15 minutes. Looks great.

Exactly as mentioned above.

For reference, I documented the dry steps in a previous note, but basically for the timid, you can just remove the center section (about 18-inches) of backing material to allow you to position each blade even more easily since it won't really stick to the wood. Your hands are only touching the blade where the backing won't allow it to stick. Once perfectly positioned, you can easily and calmly start tacking it down by applying pressure where the backing was removed in the center. After that center section is tacked down, it's easy to remove the rest of the backing material from the ends, and then use a wallpaper roller to adhere the whole thing.

Easy peasy! 8-)

#19320 1 year ago

My building moves down at a regular speed, but goes really really slow moving up. Has anyone had this issue, and how did you manage to get it working right?

TIA!

#19321 1 year ago

Hi there and happy Friday! Does anybody have any pictures showing what is on the lower 1/3 of the premium and LE playfields? I have looked pretty hard and found some good pictures of pretty much every part of the playfield except that one (even playfields removed from the cabinet!).

This would definitely be appreciated!

Thank you for any help with this.

#19322 1 year ago

Got a lift table? Set that up right next to it and put the playfield on there.
Better yet, you don't really need to take it out to install the side-art.
Having an extra set of hands helps too - hell, I'm local to you and I've done stick on mirror blades on GZ by myself if you want my help!

#19323 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hi there and happy Friday! Does anybody have any pictures showing what is on the lower 1/3 of the premium and LE playfields? I have looked pretty hard and found some good pictures of pretty much every part of the playfield except that one (even playfields removed from the cabinet!).
This would definitely be appreciated!
Thank you for any help with this.

Is this what you're looking for?IMG_2049 (resized).JPGIMG_2049 (resized).JPG

#19324 1 year ago

Been fighting gz plunge since I bought, tried all the fixes, then made my own Abe fix, helped, bought lermods, helped more, but now with this pin defender and lermods, have a pretty much rattle free shooter now. Looks so good I ordered 4 more.

Screenshot_20230303_175933_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230303_175933_Photos (resized).jpg
#19325 1 year ago

Officially in the club! Excited to have a Premium in the house! So many mods I want to buy … lol

#19326 1 year ago

Hope this helps. We documented one of the times we did it.

#19327 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Is this what you're looking for?[quoted image]

Sorry my message was not at all clear in hindsight. I should have been more clear that I was hoping for pictures underneath the playfield towards the bottom of the cabinet when the play field is in the service position.

I have a pro at home but I am not sure what the lower third of the playfield looks like on the premium or LE model.

I know there is a mechanism for the building but not sure what else is around there and how much room there is.

Thank you for trying and again apologies that my message was not the best!

#19328 1 year ago

Hi,

Can anybody with a Prem help me out? Trying to install the Naegele building and I am kind of having a heck of a time getting the wireform to sit correctly again after I took it off to do the installation.

Can somebody take a close up photo of the area right after the bridge and where it goes through the building. The wireform is three-pronged and the furthest left prong sits up and out. The ball seems to roll fine over the bridge and through the house, but it just looks weird and not sure how this piece originally was set.

Thanks!

#19329 1 year ago

I removed mine when I installed my mirror blades.

I am guessing mirror blades and art blades are a bit different to install, because mirror blades are firm and can't be rolled up and stuff. The mirror blades had 3M tape on the back and there was no sliding around with them. I tried to install them first without removing the playfield and having it lean against the backbox but it was just a pain in the ass and I couldn't see if things were lined up and stuff.

So I opted to remove the playfield. It was just disconnecting like 3 wires and then clipping the zip ties on the network cable, then I had my wife help me get it out because it was a bit awkward to try and do it myself. I just let it lean against one of my arcade games upright and it sat there no problem.

Installation with the playfield out was so much easier lol. I could line the things up and press down exactly when I had them perfectly lined up.

I did my JP right after and took the playfield out as well but that one was much lighter so I handled it myself. I had my wife help me get it back in though just to be sure I had everything lined up easier than doing it myself.

So yeah, I personally found it much easier doing it with the playfield totally removed.

#19330 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hi,
Can anybody with a Prem help me out? Trying to install the Naegele building and I am kind of having a heck of a time getting the wireform to sit correctly again after I took it off to do the installation.
Can somebody take a close up photo of the area right after the bridge and where it goes through the building. The wireform is three-pronged and the furthest left prong sits up and out. The ball seems to roll fine over the bridge and through the house, but it just looks weird and not sure how this piece originally was set.
Thanks!

I don't have the building. Is this what you need?

20230304_130238 (resized).jpg20230304_130238 (resized).jpg
#19331 1 year ago

My travel length in this pin is suffering because I’m too addicted to playing all the MBs in Every Damn City Ugh !!!

#19332 1 year ago

Dumb-ish questions:
Is my building level? Took the glass off and moved a ball up to show as an example, but sometimes the ball gets stuck here on the 1st floor of the building.

20230304_124951 - Copy (resized).jpg20230304_124951 - Copy (resized).jpg
#19333 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My travel length in this pin is suffering because I’m too addicted to playing all the MBs in Every Damn City Ugh !!!

Hhhahasame here.
I refuse to move unless everything is destroyed.

My HS is over 2B only doing 2 cities and 1 or 2 wizard modes (minis I think)

#19334 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

Dumb-ish questions:
Is my building level? Took the glass off and moved a ball up to show as an example, but sometimes the ball gets stuck here on the 1st floor of the building.
[quoted image]

If it gets stuck there during gameplay it could probably use an adjustment. There’s two ways, one is an offset in the menu system settings. Use this to adjust the height. It’s in very fine increments. Then to adjust building level side to side (if needed) there are two nuts under the pf on the front side of the building assembly. These two nuts have rubber grommets under them. Tightening and loosening the nuts will tilt one side or the other up and down.

Try to get the building metal lip even with the pf in the menu and then if you notice one side of the lip is slightly higher or lower than the other, use the nuts to level it out.

#19335 1 year ago

I started to notice that the Magna Grab magnet itself spins at times when the ball hits it at the right angle. Is this considered "normal" behavior or does it need to be tightened up?

#19336 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

I don't have the building. Is this what you need?

Thanks! Actually helps to see how it sits without the building. Appreciate it

#19337 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If it gets stuck there during gameplay it could probably use an adjustment. There’s two ways, one is an offset in the menu system settings. Use this to adjust the height. It’s in very fine increments. Then to adjust building level side to side (if needed) there are two nuts under the pf on the front side of the building assembly. These two nuts have rubber grommets under them. Tightening and loosening the nuts will tilt one side or the other up and down.
Try to get the building metal lip even with the pf in the menu and then if you notice one side of the lip is slightly higher or lower than the other, use the nuts to level it out.

TY for the suggestion!!! Messing around with the software leveler, looks like it might be slightly lower on the left side, maybe? I'll need to play with it. It almost feels like no matter how I adjust it there is a little bit of space (understandably, as the building has to move up/down without getting stuck).

Here's some photos for reference in case anyone searches this in the future and/or wants to point out something I'm obviously missing.
Bias 150 is stock
1st floor bias 70 caused the ball to drop
2nd floor bias 60 caused the ball to drop

Bias 60/70 is obviously wayyy too high and the ball would occasionally not go up at all, so it will take some tinkering

20230304_140937 (resized).jpg20230304_140937 (resized).jpg20230304_140829.jpg20230304_140829.jpg20230304_141227.jpg20230304_141227.jpg20230304_141352.jpg20230304_141352.jpg

#19338 1 year ago

Next Question:

See the below video, when I shoot a ball up to the ramp to mechagodzilla the ball tends to bounce off onto the rail or just bounce off in general ( I need to get more video footage from a better angle tbh).

Is this normal, should I make any adjustments to the ramp/mechagodzilla?

This started happening when I switched from the stock balls to Ball Baron Polaris balls https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/ but at the same time I pulled the entire play field up/back to inspect things, so I may have knocked/adjusted mechagodzilla then?

Here are some playfield photos as well

20230304_151121 (resized).jpg20230304_151121 (resized).jpg20230304_151148 (resized).jpg20230304_151148 (resized).jpg20230304_151207 (resized).jpg20230304_151207 (resized).jpg20230304_151215 (resized).jpg20230304_151215 (resized).jpg
#19339 1 year ago
Quoted from sdchoni:

Next Question:
See the below video, when I shoot a ball up to the ramp to mechagodzilla the ball tends to bounce off onto the rail or just bounce off in general ( I need to get more video footage from a better angle tbh).
This started happening when I switched from the stock balls to Ball Baron Polaris balls https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/ but at the same time I pulled the entire play field up/back to inspect things, so I may have knocked/adjusted mechagodzilla then?

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Normal. Turn your left flipper power down a tad. It may help.

#19340 1 year ago

If all goes well I'll be joining the team by the end of next week. My premium has shipped! Woohoo! First NIB!

#19341 1 year ago
Quoted from Hobiecater:

I started to notice that the Magna Grab magnet itself spins at times when the ball hits it at the right angle. Is this considered "normal" behavior or does it need to be tightened up?

It's normal. Search back in the thread if you're curious, I know there was a discussion about this at some point. I personally have made the mistake of seeing that it spun, so I thought, "oh, this came loose!" and tightened. All of a sudden, I couldn't hit Destruction Jackpots. It matters.

But yes. Don't tighten down that top screw too much. It is normal for it to spin.

#19342 1 year ago

Quoted from sdchoni:Next Question:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Nokoro:

Normal. Turn your left flipper power down a tad. It may help.

There is also some play with the metal guide on the left side of that ramp (the guide right below the plastic). It can be moved a bit so as to reduce/increase the angle away from the rail. It looks like yours is like mine and at a decent angle already but try playing around with it and see if it reduces the number of bounces.

For the first time last night, I had a ball bounce, hit the rail, and then land on the bridge. Never seen that one before

#19343 1 year ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

It's normal. Search back in the thread if you're curious, I know there was a discussion about this at some point. I personally have made the mistake of seeing that it spun, so I thought, "oh, this came loose!" and tightened. All of a sudden, I couldn't hit Destruction Jackpots. It matters.
But yes. Don't tighten down that top screw too much. It is normal for it to spin.

It was never confirmed whether it needs to spin or not.
If the screw is in properly the magnet will not spin. Why would it need to spin??

Mine does not spin. Can hit the jackpots all day long

#19344 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

GZ was on the line again this past week.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

I dry installed the artblades in my Bond, it was significantly easier than I expected. Might be a little easier with a second set of hands but overall I would not hesitate to do it again.

I did it dry on my GZ last week. Far easier than I thought. I will always do it this way, the decals are pretty forgiving.

#19345 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

GZ was on the line again this past week.

I did it dry on my GZ last week. Far easier than I thought. I will always do it this way, the decals are pretty forgiving.

I used to do all my sideblade installs dry, and that can be fine, but once I started using a little Rapid TAC, that stuff is the bee's knees.

RM

#19346 1 year ago

Just curious why people are paying 10k plus for a used premium when you can preorder one for 9500 delivered?

#19347 1 year ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

I checked mine when I first got it before I even played it and it was tight, so I don’t believe it should spin.

#19348 1 year ago
Quoted from Hobiecater:

normal

#19349 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Just curious why people are paying 10k plus for a used premium when you can preorder one for 9500 delivered?

Because we like to party.

#19350 1 year ago

So it should spin? Or is it ok if it does not?
Mine does not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/387?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.