IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 548.
#19201 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I just had a look at the NIB listings here on Pinside and saw a couple dealers advertising premiums as In stock and ready to ship. Definitely get that money back and get one shipped to you today!

Most of those ads seem to be really old.

#19202 1 year ago

What are these blue rubbers that are located at the building entrance? My Premium does not have them. The ball just rams into the metal. I have seen some pics with and some without.

Pinside_forum_6590040_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6590040_1 (resized).jpg
#19203 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

What are these blue rubbers that are located at the building entrance? My Premium does not have them. The ball just rams into the metal. I have seen some pics with and some without.
[quoted image]

The premium moves up and down and gives a different size opening depending on building height

#19204 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

The leaves wouldn't make contact, had to bend them slightly...

Quoted from flipright:

when I get brave enough I'll try bending it a bit.

bending...a common occurrence in pinball ownership

#19205 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball13:

[quoted image]

They're called snubber rubbers.
Are you sure they're not just black on yours? Mine aren't blue either.

PXL_20230227_232443770 (resized).jpgPXL_20230227_232443770 (resized).jpg
#19206 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

They're called snubber rubbers.
Are you sure they're not just black on yours? Mine aren't blue either. [quoted image]

Mine are black as well, but I've got blue on the mecha shield.

#19207 1 year ago

I'm in the club! First premium NIB! Thanks to Jason Grindle from Classic Game Rooms.

20230227_193818.jpg20230227_193818.jpg

#19208 1 year ago

Godzilla Prem: issue is balls not locking in the building. Sometimes it as if the VUK is having an issue locking all three balls on top of the building. Tried increasing VUK strength, but I dont think that fixed it. Read earlier that some folks said it could be VUK not alligned properly. Is it possible that there is an opto that is failing to read the ball going in the front door of the building? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

#19209 1 year ago

Here is photo of the VUK which shoots balls to the top of the building. Are the VUKs kind of crooked like this on all Premiums?
FAE5DAD7-43F0-4D6B-89E2-226CEB58FD66 (resized).jpegFAE5DAD7-43F0-4D6B-89E2-226CEB58FD66 (resized).jpeg

#19210 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Here is photo of the VUK which shoots balls to the top of the building. Are the VUKs kind of crooked like this on all Premiums?
[quoted image]

Had the same issue and followed the steps in post 15771. No issues since!

#19211 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm in the club! First premium NIB! Thanks to Jason Grindle from Classic Game Rooms.
[quoted image]

Congrats and enjoy, and welcome to the club!

Jason is certainly top notch, too.

#19212 1 year ago

My shaker motor has become incredibly loud lately, feels like the shaking level is out of control. I tested it and it isn't something else in the cabinet that is vibrating, it's just the motor itself. Very loud, and shakes the game a lot more than it used to. I haven't touched the settings for it at all, had always been at max.

Any suggestions?

#19213 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

My shaker motor has become incredibly loud lately, feels like the shaking level is out of control. I tested it and it isn't something else in the cabinet that is vibrating, it's just the motor itself. Very loud, and shakes the game a lot more than it used to. I haven't touched the settings for it at all, had always been at max.
Any suggestions?

Remove the plastic cover and check the bolts that hold the shaker assembly to the bottom of the cabinet. Are they tight?

IIRC, the shaker settings in the software menu control how often the shaker is used and do not control the strength of the shake.

The strength of the shake can be adjusted by removing one of the weights and repositioning it on the rotating shaft, in 90 degree increments:

Both weights in same direction = Max Shake force; weights 90 deg off = Med Shake; weights in opposing (180deg) directions = Min shake

RM

#19214 1 year ago

RussMyers nailed it. In addition, make sure the motor itself is tightly fastened to the cabinet. If it is loose, it will shake more.

#19215 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Remove the plastic cover and check the bolts that hold the shaker assembly to the bottom of the cabinet. Are they tight?
IIRC, the shaker settings in the software menu control how often the shaker is used and do not control the strength of the shake.
The strength of the shake can be adjusted by removing one of the weights and repositioning it on the rotating shaft, in 90 degree increments:
Both weights in same direction = Max Shake force; weights 90 deg off = Med Shake; weights in opposing (180deg) directions = Min shake
RM

The motor is still very firmly screwed into the cabinet, and the weights are in the same direction. But instead of quiet vibration with the intensity I'm used to, the vibrational noise is unbearable and shakes the cabinet way too much. I can't put my finger on what has changed to cause this..

#19216 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Had the same issue and followed the steps in post 15771. No issues since!

did you use size 6, 8, or 10 washer(s)?

#19217 1 year ago

The motor is still very firmly screwed into the cabinet, and the weights are in the same direction. But instead of quiet vibration with the intensity I'm used to, the vibrational noise is unbearable and shakes the cabinet way too much. I can't put my finger on what has changed to cause this..

As mentioned above, try aligning the 'arms' on the shaker 180-degrees. one arm up and the other arm down. That will reduce the momentum significantly.

#19218 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

As mentioned above, try aligning the 'arms' on the shaker 180-degrees. one arm up and the other arm down. That will reduce the momentum significantly.

I can try that, but what I'm trying to figure out is what changed. I've had the motor set up since day one in June 2022, and now I've got these issues. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue before with a motor just getting insanely loud and intense with no change in settings, alignment, or the assembly.

#19219 1 year ago

Any suggestions?

there is a bolt/nut combo thingy across the top that spans the 2 supports for that plastic cover.. if that is loose, it will make noise.. check that.

#19220 1 year ago

Any suggestions?

I have noticed this also actually

#19221 1 year ago

Funny I actually dialed my shaker down recently as well. Maybe a code change?

#19222 1 year ago
Quoted from Shuoink:

I have noticed this also actually

Quoted from Pugster:

Hadn't thought about that. It could definitely be code related. If it is, it should be listed in the read me code files on Stern website. Assuming it was an intentional update and not a bug.

#19223 1 year ago

I can try that, but what I'm trying to figure out is what changed. I've had the motor set up since day one in June 2022, and now I've got these issues. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue before with a motor just getting insanely loud and intense with no change in settings, alignment, or the assembly.

Occam's razor: The simplest answer is likely the best answer.... Maybe the motor noise is coming from a noisy motor? Motors do wearout as they have bearings and run all the time.

#19224 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hadn't thought about that. It could definitely be code related. If it is, it should be listed in the read me code files on Stern website. Assuming it was an intentional update and not a bug.

If it is code related - I've noticed no change in my shaker motor with any recent code updates. Mine's been fairly aggressive since I installed 10 months ago, but that's how all of my games are.

#19225 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Occam's razor: The simplest answer is likely the best answer.... Maybe the motor noise is coming from a noisy motor? Motors do wearout as they have bearings and run all the time.

Yeah it's definitely coming from the motor, but as for the motor wearing out, it isn't even a year old! Hope that isn't the case, as Stern seem to be having a hard time producing these of late. Maybe it's a lemon.

#19226 1 year ago

Yeah it's definitely coming from the motor, but as for the motor wearing out, it isn't even a year old! Hope that isn't the case, as Stern seem to be having a hard time producing these of late. Maybe it's a lemon.

It's not just about age of the motor, it's about the number of hours and the duration of play as they heat up when used consistently, which causes the bearings to wear faster. I suspect it's just a bad motor, which can be replaced quite easily. (The motor itself can be purchased for maybe $40 or so)

https://www.pinballlife.com/replacement-motor-for-stern-shaker-kits.html

#19227 1 year ago

Have you tried taking the arms off and testing just the motor to isolate the problem?

Skippy2904

#19228 1 year ago

My GZ Premium showed up today, yea. When I pulled the playfield up (to check connections), it was held very tight. After I did my checks and went to put playfield back, I could not get the brackets to go in the slots. I have checked for anything catching or binding but don't see anything. Has anyone else seen this problem or am I missing something? My other games slide right into the slots without applying a bunch of force.

20230228_Playfield_close (resized).jpg20230228_Playfield_close (resized).jpg
#19229 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

My GZ Premium showed up today, yea. When I pulled the playfield up (to check connections), it was held very tight. After I did my checks and went to put playfield back, I could not get the brackets to go in the slots. I have checked for anything catching or binding but don't see anything. Has anyone else seen this problem or am I missing something? My other games slide right into the slots without applying a bunch of force.
[quoted image]

Probably unrelated but I also just received my machine and when pulling up the playfield some of the wires were tangled around the one of building posts. I ended up using a few wire ties to secure these so they don't get tangled again but have you looked under the playfield for any snags?

#19230 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Yes, mine is new also and has the same issue. Would not be surprised if you also have issues with the VUK gap and balls not locking sometimes.

#19231 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Godzilla Prem: issue is balls not locking in the building. Sometimes it as if the VUK is having an issue locking all three balls on top of the building. Tried increasing VUK strength, but I dont think that fixed it. Read earlier that some folks said it could be VUK not alligned properly. Is it possible that there is an opto that is failing to read the ball going in the front door of the building? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

Is the ball being kicked up onto the building and not registering as a locked ball after it's up there, or is the ball kicking up but then falling back down the VUK instead of coming out onto the building, or is the VUK not kicking the ball up at all after you shoot into the building? Any possible solution depends on what the symptom is.

#19232 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

[quoted image]

That's almost always something hung up behind the rear of the playfield. Make sure no wires hung up back there and also make sure the top portion of the back wall of the playfield has clearance.

Edit: maybe also raise the playfield back up and check the metal sliders inside the cab that the playfield rests on. Make sure nothing looks out of place there

#19233 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Mine was this way out of the box too....no interference, just had to push a little harder to get it to drop into the slots....game plays fine for hundreds of games.

#19234 1 year ago

Here was the issue with mine. The front board of the cabinet was warped or the metal piece was bend when attached to wood. Pic shows a metal straight edge showing the gap. It's 1/8" which is about exactly how much off it is. I was able to bend the metal a little so I didn't have to use excess force to get it in the slot. Thought I was good until I pressed the Start button and it did not come back out. Even unscrewed from cabinet it sticks badly. Great quality control! Thanks for the responses.

20230228_CabinetFront_bend (resized).jpg20230228_CabinetFront_bend (resized).jpg
#19235 1 year ago

Thought I had this one licked but it’s popping up again.

My right habitrail has a “bounce” to it when the ball hits the inlane exit. The left side drops in perfectly, the right side hits the end, bounces back and then drops down the hole. Kills flow a bit.

Any suggestions on how/where to bend or put pressure on the habitrail to smoothen it out? I’ll start screwing around with it but thought better to check here first as last time I thought I had it beat but it appears the problem has returned.

#19236 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Thought I had this one licked but it’s popping up again.
My right habitrail has a “bounce” to it when the ball hits the inlane exit. The left side drops in perfectly, the right side hits the end, bounces back and then drops down the hole. Kills flow a bit.
Any suggestions on how/where to bend or put pressure on the habitrail to smoothen it out? I’ll start screwing around with it but thought better to check here first as last time I thought I had it beat but it appears the problem has returned.

Have you tried adding a washer or washers under the nut at the end of the wire where it attaches to the sling? That might change the pitch of the wire just enough to slow it down a bit so it doesn't bounce.

#19237 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is the ball being kicked up onto the building and not registering as a locked ball after it's up there, or is the ball kicking up but then falling back down the VUK instead of coming out onto the building, or is the VUK not kicking the ball up at all after you shoot into the building? Any possible solution depends on what the symptom is.

Sometimes the ball does not make it up the VUK. It is the one inch gap between subway and VUK.... great place for a ball to sit. I am gonna get some washers and try that method and if that does not work I will get out a welding kit and make a connector piece for the gap. This gap is kind of ridiculous.

#19238 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

did you use size 6, 8, or 10 washer(s)?

I am away, but will check when I get home.

#19239 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

[quoted image]

Make sure the lock down bracket is screwed in tight. Also make sure there isn’t any leftover packing foam at the back of the playfield.

#19240 1 year ago

Gotta love Rodan!!!

IMG_3738 (resized).JPGIMG_3738 (resized).JPG
#19241 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I am away, but will check when I get home.

thanks brutha.... I just went ahead and bought like 10 of each size. May need extras down the road, never know. If this doesn't work, I'll disable the tilt-bob because a good running slam usually frees up the ball sitting in the gap.

#19242 1 year ago

New to the club, recently picked up a premium. What is the groups consensus on the most suitable replacement for the Godzilla toy?
Is it the Neca 1956 Movie Poster Godzilla?
A2322949-4013-4F12-8C5A-0663043E5E2E (resized).jpegA2322949-4013-4F12-8C5A-0663043E5E2E (resized).jpeg

#19243 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

New to the club, recently picked up a premium. What is the groups consensus on the most suitable replacement for the Godzilla toy?
[quoted image]

That's a good one and a popular choice.

RM

#19244 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

[quoted image]

That's the one I have in mine, looks great. He's quite green compared to the look in the movies but then again, the ZY cab and playfield art all shows Godzilla as bright green so to my eyes it works fine. His spikes are red, which some people dislike, but again, it looks great in the machine so it works for me. Major visual upgrade over the simplified version that comes in the machine and an easy install. He's fairly pose-able so you can play with where he's looking or the position of his arms.

#19245 1 year ago
Quoted from ktm450:

[quoted

[quoted image]

Long waiting list but this one is pretty cool. I'm like 240 on the list. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-atomic-godzilla-figure-mod

#19246 1 year ago

Sonic

I did install your MRS mod and it works well until The magnet activates and the ball comes in between.
That means Imposters or other shots getting collected if the magnet activates.
Is there any fix for that?

#19247 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

In the past, when I have had habitrail issues, it is usually because I have adjusted the rail in one place (at one screw). Eventually, the one screw loosens enough that the fix is undone. Instead, I have had success adjusting the rail at every location for the fix to hold.

On other games, I have removed the rail entirely and bent a bit as needed.

#19248 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you tried adding a washer or washers under the nut at the end of the wire where it attaches to the sling? That might change the pitch of the wire just enough to slow it down a bit so it doesn't bounce.

Pulled the glass and threw some washers in, definitely better but not perfect. You’ve nailed it though, speed is the issue. I’ll probably tweak the habitrail and/or other mounts to slow it down.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#19249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Pulled the glass and threw some washers in, definitely better but not perfect. You’ve nailed it though, speed is the issue. I’ll probably tweak the habitrail and/or other mounts to slow it down.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Cool! Glad it got a bit better. There's a spot a few inches before that sling connection where there's a bend in the wire form. Maybe very slightly bending that spot upward a bit more would get you the rest of the way there.

#19250 1 year ago

Was super excited to get this as my first pinball machine but apparently it got damaged in shipping by FedEx. Box looked fine but they clearly dropped it. Now I have no idea what’s going to happen… not a great day for sure.

3C49561E-8098-4CF9-A7AA-4503AD88344F (resized).jpeg3C49561E-8098-4CF9-A7AA-4503AD88344F (resized).jpeg892B2A7B-87BE-4E97-96A9-06F90D7B13BA (resized).jpeg892B2A7B-87BE-4E97-96A9-06F90D7B13BA (resized).jpegCB07132F-5D1A-437C-9F5F-A436F294A360 (resized).jpegCB07132F-5D1A-437C-9F5F-A436F294A360 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,371 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/385?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.