PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 548.
#19101 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Old Town Pinball has one NIB listed right now in stock ready to ship. Not marked up either. Just saying.

I appreciate it, and I'm very aware. The issue is/was I had a deposit down with them already and when I inquired my distro email list of about a dozen distros that I have had good experiences with, none of them had any they could reserve for me bc the game has been preordered into oblivion.

Also, I already paid the full balance. I'll never go through them again after my experience with Alien and now this. My deposits were in with them around the same time in 2021, but now I know better. I just want my game, which should be sometime this year, hopefully, then I'll just never do business with them again.

Just saying..

#19102 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’d be upset too. I would not expect to pay up until shipping is imminent. Like, the dealer has the box. And why dealers are asking for payment weeks/months ahead of time now I have no idea. Things are in a bad state, customers getting the shaft all over the place on multiple titles, different makers, and different distros. Wtf

I agree. They are the only ones who have done shit like this to me. First, they screwed up my Alien LV # and was a shit show dealing with them, now this. Other distros like Joe at star, JJ at CGE, Zach, Troy at Tilt, hell even gameroomgoodies have been a better experience. Learned my lesson and they will for sure lose dozens of thousands of dollars of business from me. Just a shame it even has to be this way, but oh well!

#19103 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

I called Coin Taker during Covid and they were one of the distributors price gouging above MSRP because of the pandemic. I called around and found an awesome distributor that I still use for every purchase. No payment until the game is in stock. I know Coin Taker is a beloved and protected distributor by many, but they will NEVER get my business. Call around in the future, there are some good ones. I think it would have different if I was a repeat customer but that single phone call from a prospective new customer was a deal breaker.

They will never get business from me again, that's a promise. I did call around, but I was too late in doing so. They were the only ones I could get an Alien from, so I also put down for a GZ at the same time. After Alien, and how much of a shit show it was with them handling my pin and screwing up my #, I emailed my other distros asking if I could get a Feb run and they couldn't promise one. Did I call everyone? No. Only the ones I trusted and have worked with and met personally; around 8-10 of them.

I decided to wait it out and was surprised with an invoice in early January from CT; I didn't know they did that bc they didn't do that with Alien. So, now since I'm paid in full I'll just wait, but never again. And I'm sure there are people who love CT, and that's fine, but imo experience they have been the worst distro to work with.

#19104 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I see all these people getting their GZ this week. I had a deposit down with Cointaker (never again) back in Nov 2021. They invoiced me back in January with deadline to pay Jan 11th. She stated I'm in for the Feb run, so I paid in full. I'm still not happy about giving them an interest free loan for 6 weeks for a game that isn't shipping immediately, but I just told myself I'll never deal with them again and paid it.
I still have not received my game or any communication about it. When I emailed her this morning, she said " they are making some now, then Bond 60th, then back to GZ." I wrote back pretty frustrated stating that it's been 6 weeks since I paid and you can't even clarify if I'm getting my game in this run? When will I get it or am I getting it soon? No response yet.
Anyone else experience this? I'm actually really, really pissed off now.

I put down a deposit (only $1) mid last year for a premium with them and haven’t heard a peep since. I’ve tried emailing them a few times recently to get an idea if I would make the February run or what and they never replied to me, so I’ve taken my money elsewhere. Put in a deposit with Dave @ Pinball Dudes a few weeks ago and got notice it will be shipping today.

#19105 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

They will never get business from me again, that's a promise. I did call around, but I was too late in doing so. They were the only ones I could get an Alien from, so I also put down for a GZ at the same time. After Alien, and how much of a shit show it was with them handling my pin and screwing up my #, I emailed my other distros asking if I could get a Feb run and they couldn't promise one. Did I call everyone? No. Only the ones I trusted and have worked with and met personally; around 8-10 of them.
I decided to wait it out and was surprised with an invoice in early January from CT; I didn't know they did that bc they didn't do that with Alien. So, now since I'm paid in full I'll just wait, but never again. And I'm sure there are people who love CT, and that's fine, but imo experience they have been the worst distro to work with.

I'll say this. Melissa at cointaker is someone I can call or text and get a response immediately. I have bought 1 game from them NIB, but have dealt with them on many other occasions. I personally haven't had a bad experience with them and consider them to be an honest and reliable dealer. The pinball production and shipping situation right now is a total shit show and we're all feeling the pain, including distributors. There are definitely some shady distributors out there, but I don't think Cointaker deserves to be in that category. I honestly think they're doing the best they can all things considered. Have a bit more patience (I know it's tough, I've been there myself) and I'm sure you'll get your game shortly.

#19106 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thanks gents! Will update when hopefully done

Got the code updated finally. Thanks all!

#19107 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'll say this. Melissa at cointaker is someone I can call or text and get a response immediately. I have bought 1 game from them NIB, but have dealt with them on many other occasions. I personally haven't had a bad experience with them and consider them to be an honest and reliable dealer.

Same.

I have bought accessories from them multiple times and Melissa + the other lady there were very responsive. Good service.

#19108 1 year ago

Ones who have put the AIQ shooter rod on GZ….Is the lighting stagnant on the shooter rod because GZ doesn’t have programming for it?

Thanks in advance

#19109 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I see all these people getting their GZ this week. I had a deposit down with Cointaker (never again) back in Nov 2021. They invoiced me back in January with deadline to pay Jan 11th. She stated I'm in for the Feb run, so I paid in full. I'm still not happy about giving them an interest free loan for 6 weeks for a game that isn't shipping immediately, but I just told myself I'll never deal with them again and paid it.
I still have not received my game or any communication about it. When I emailed her this morning, she said " they are making some now, then Bond 60th, then back to GZ." I wrote back pretty frustrated stating that it's been 6 weeks since I paid and you can't even clarify if I'm getting my game in this run? When will I get it or am I getting it soon? No response yet.

I get your frustration but most of that is the norm from what I hear. Most people have been waiting months for a game. Someone told me that the demand for GZ outweighs demand for all other Stern games combined. I believe it. Distributors may request 20 games but only receive 5. All they can do is put your name on a list and tell you how many people are in front of you. I do agree that they should not be requested full payment 6+ weeks in advance.

#19110 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Ones who have put the AIQ shooter rod on GZ….Is the lighting stagnant on the shooter rod because GZ doesn’t have programming for it?
Thanks in advance

Connect to pop

#19111 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I get your frustration but most of that is the norm from what I hear. Most people have been waiting months for a game. Someone told me that the demand for GZ outweighs demand for all other Stern games combined. I believe it. Distributors may request 20 games but only receive 5. All they can do is put your name on a list and tell you how many people are in front of you. I do agree that they should not be requested full payment 6+ weeks in advance.

100%. I ordered in November 2021 and never got one last year. I found one used for basically new price and jumped on it.

After a month+ with it I see why it's #1. Special game.

#19112 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Connect to pop

Great! Thank you! That was exactly my thought but needed a morale booster on my thought

#19113 1 year ago

What do you think is the best setting?

2023-02-23_15h53_57 (resized).png2023-02-23_15h53_57 (resized).png
#19114 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Looks like you are from St. Louis as am I. I was able to get a new GZ Premium from St. Louis Pinball in October last year. Might have got lucky with the timing but they were good to deal with.

#19115 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

[quoted image]

Whatever makes the game the most fun for you.

#19116 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

[quoted image]

Whatever works best for you. For me, I was getting too many left drains, and I’m only an average player, so I made that one tight but kept the right outlane post at the default position. That balance seems to work well for me.

#19117 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

100%. I ordered in November 2021 and never got one last year. I found one used for basically new price and jumped on it.

I get the impression some of the popular distributors have a long list. If you call around you might find a distributor with a shorter list that can get you a game faster. I would also look for used. I too found a used one in my area not long ago and even saved a bit compared to nib. Probably be a lot more for sale soon with new cornerstone game coming out.

#19118 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

[quoted image]

I lowered them both, mostly to make the game more fun for family and friends when they come over to play. Pinball is a largely social thing for us, we enjoy having friends over for a beer and some pinball and simple things like tightening the outlanes makes it a lot more fun for people who don't play the games all the time. I did the same on Bond since that game has such short ball times compared to GZ.

Like Lou said, do whatever makes it fun and enjoy your machine!

#19119 1 year ago

Finally a member…

C0083605-0DBB-44C5-8348-812E39DB0765 (resized).jpegC0083605-0DBB-44C5-8348-812E39DB0765 (resized).jpeg
#19120 1 year ago

Cutting that band on a new game is a great feeling. Have fun!

#19121 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

That sucks for sure. I used Player One through North Carolina and I never felt jerked around. They did a good job. I actually have one of those $1 deposits with cointaker for GZ and never heard from them again.

#19122 1 year ago
Quoted from gizmo33:

[quoted image]

Are these adjustments individual holes or is this a "slot" where you can make tiny adjustments?

#19123 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Are these adjustments individual holes or is this a "slot" where you can make tiny adjustments?

Slot

#19124 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Cutting that band on a new game is a great feeling. Have fun!

It is. New pin day is always an awesome day.

#19125 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

On my GZ Prem, they are holes, not slots. Three holes on the left, two holes on the right. Factory was middle hole on the left, upper hole on the right.

#19126 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It is. New pin day is always an awesome day.

No doubt. GZ was my 1st NIB last August. Still remember how giddy I was when the truck pulled up. Awesome feeling

#19127 1 year ago

Only game I've seen with slots is cactus. Sterns I've owned have all been 3 holes

#19128 1 year ago

Finally... damn what a game!

20230221_172546 (resized).jpg20230221_172546 (resized).jpg20230221_181912 (resized).jpg20230221_181912 (resized).jpg
#19129 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

No doubt. GZ was my 1st NIB last August. Still remember how giddy I was when the truck pulled up. Awesome feeling

I was giddy when I got mine, then I saw the hole in the box and I was petrified. Then I saw it was only minimally damage.

#19130 1 year ago

Congratulations
Go go Godzilla, yeah

Quoted from zenbone:

Finally... damn what a game!

PXL_20230223_161940542 (resized).jpgPXL_20230223_161940542 (resized).jpg
#19131 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Quoted from Desmodromic:

On my GZ Prem, they are holes, not slots. Three holes on the left, two holes on the right. Factory was middle hole on the left, upper hole on the right.

I've never seen a game with slots for tightening the outlines, but actually I don't pay much attention when playing games away from home. I thought they were always holes - I've got a 1978 Mata Hari game with 3-holes on each side for tightening the outlines. I bought GZ NIB, and both MH and Deadpool from private owners and in both instances (other than GZ) the moveable posts were in the tightest outlane position. My feeling is that that's the most popular post location for leisure (non-competitive) players.

#19132 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I lowered them both, mostly to make the game more fun for family and friends when they come over to play. Pinball is a largely social thing for us, we enjoy having friends over for a beer and some pinball and simple things like tightening the outlanes makes it a lot more fun for people who don't play the games all the time. I did the same on Bond since that game has such short ball times compared to GZ.
Like Lou said, do whatever makes it fun and enjoy your machine!

Of course, I totally agree with you! Beers, friends, family fun!

#19133 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Why? What would you change?

I'm looking to swap out the Blue Oyster For Godzilla for the version used in KotM, but I haven't found the time to sit and learn pinball browser... yet.

#19134 1 year ago

Mine arrived in the snow storm yesterday! I was on the never ending cointaker preorder list and switched to another dealer for better and quicker service.

PXL_20230223_182754844 (resized).jpgPXL_20230223_182754844 (resized).jpg
#19135 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Here in Canada, I think we only have a couple of options distributor-wise. I used Jerry at Player1 in Toronto and it couldn't have gone smoother. No deposit, just said I was interested to get on a list for a Pro. This was last May 2022. Got an email in August that my Pro had arrived and would be delivered to me after full-payment. Paid in full the same day, had the machine at my home the next day. I was expecting to put down a deposit but it was never asked for.........I hope everyone who has made payment with whatever distributor gets their machine sooner than later. It is worth the wait (IMO).

#19136 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I was giddy when I got mine, then I saw the hole in the box and I was petrified. Then I saw it was only minimally damage.

Exact same thing happened to me! Here's a pic of the box. Just a little decal damage on the the left side. Can barely even tell unless your looking for it. It was a relief. Still waiting on the decal from Stern.

20220819_174634 (resized).jpg20220819_174634 (resized).jpg
#19137 1 year ago

Just noticed Anguirus is misspelled on screen during the third tier two battle (godzilla & anguirus vs ghidorah & gigan.)

Anyone else think this battle isn't very well lit up on the playfield as far as targets go? It's like nothing is happening until you hit enough targets to light the arrows for the actual shots.

#19138 1 year ago

Wow, learn something new everyday. From just looking at it from the top, I always assumed it was a slot. Good to know and sorry about the bad info ...

GZ Outlane (resized).jpgGZ Outlane (resized).jpg
#19139 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I had a great buying experience with them 6 years ago… followed by terrible customer service on a part issue for the game. Was like shouting into a black hole. I’m not going to go into details, but it was enough to turn me off from considering using them again.

#19140 1 year ago

I just had an amazing experience buying a NIB GZ Premium from Old Town Pinball. I had missed my slot with Automated in November when i thought my job shit the bed and had to pass. I was on several distros list for Feb run but not a single call. When i called to check in with them i was told i was not making this run. Old Town Pinball posted an ad that they had them fresh in, i called, i wired the funds, 2 days later NIB GZ Premium in my house. Smooth as silk and super easy. Give them a shout, Will and team will hook you up.- Walt

#19141 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm looking to swap out the Blue Oyster For Godzilla for the version used in KotM, but I haven't found the time to sit and learn pinball browser... yet.

You know you can select from multiple songs when the mode starts right? Just use the action button.

#19142 1 year ago

Is there any strategy to the destruction jackpots? I know multiplier goes up with completing things. I'm not sure of details but points are basically how well you did in modes. Is there any reason not to shoot for the destruction jackpot if lit or some way to boost it up without just playing better?

#19143 1 year ago

I've gotta give a shout out to Damon at @paradisedistro. I was asking around these forums last week for the best place to get a NIB Godzilla premium delivered this year and he was able to get me one in a week! I don't plan on buying any other pins soon, but if I do I know which distributor I'll be reaching out to!

20230224_114709 (resized).jpg20230224_114709 (resized).jpg
#19144 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Is there any strategy to the destruction jackpots? I know multiplier goes up with completing things. I'm not sure of details but points are basically how well you did in modes. Is there any reason not to shoot for the destruction jackpot if lit or some way to boost it up without just playing better?

If I have an Ally available, I'll generally try to collect the Rodan 2x multiplier before going for the destruction jackpot, especially later in the game when the jackpot gets bigger.

#19145 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I just had an amazing experience buying a NIB GZ Premium from Old Town Pinball. I had missed my slot with Automated in November when i thought my job shit the bed and had to pass. I was on several distros list for Feb run but not a single call. When i called to check in with them i was told i was not making this run. Old Town Pinball posted an ad that they had them fresh in, i called, i wired the funds, 2 days later NIB GZ Premium in my house. Smooth as silk and super easy. Give them a shout, Will and team will hook you up.- Walt

Another shout out for Old Town Pinball. Will reached out and bought a few sets of my playfield Jacks and he has been a real pleasure to talk and deal with and a genuine guy. He's definitely on my good guy list.

#19146 1 year ago

Just got my NIB Premium. My first NIB, can't wait until I get it downstairs, need my kid to get a couple big friends to help get it down.

#19147 1 year ago

FINALLY joined the club. Lots of protection mods and a few aesthetic added before it even turned on. Have all 3 of Lior's (Art of Pinball) mods showing up today. I've done my best to stay away from playing it in the wild until it arrived and now it's time to scrounge this thread and not ask dumb questions~! Plays so smooth with little adjustment out of the box which is always nice.

IMG_E7097 (resized).JPGIMG_E7097 (resized).JPGIMG_E7102 (resized).JPGIMG_E7102 (resized).JPG
#19148 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

All this talk of a topper reminded me to post a pic of mine again.
[quoted image]

This is certainly more useful than most toppers! Toss an LED in there and you've got yourself a business.

#19149 1 year ago

If anyone with a Godzilla Pro are wanting florescent green Plastic protectors, I can get a set of 15 or a set of 8. Just need 4 people to make it happen. Will make donation to Pinside.
Can find out more here. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-plastic-protectors-#post-7424392

#19150 1 year ago

So I asked my friend to 3D print the shooter lane fix for me, and he shows up with 3 of them, lol. I obviously only need 1 (which is now installed and totally fixed my rattling shooter lane plunge).

The one is solid black, and the other is translucent black. Not sure how the translucent one will look with the double sided tape.

Needless to say, if you are in need and want one of these, shoot me a message with your name and address and I will mail one to you (free - paying it back from some kindness I've received here). Let me know which one you want (I am guessing the solid black one will go first, hehe). I can also add the double sided tape if you would like (let me know in the message). I used double sided carpet tape (recommended by Lermods), which worked well on mine. First come first served.

Thanks!

Update: no longer available.

20230225_093517 (resized).jpg20230225_093517 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 383 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/383?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.