PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 377 of 548.
#18801 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

tonight an issue popped up - its a bit intermittent, and odd - occasionally when locking balls in the building for Godzilla Multiball, it will not register the 3rd ball??

There is an opto at the top of the building before the ball goes down the ramp. It has been problematic for a few of us.

This post has instructions on how to fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/364#post-7340730

#18802 1 year ago

Thanks, that is helpful, I will use that tonight and troubleshoot. It is strange though that if its a wire or alignment issue that it will only fail on the 3rd ball every time ??

#18803 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

Open the coin door on my Godzilla pro today to access the menu buttons and a technical alert came up to check switch number 22, shooter lane. Everything is working fine so I don't really know what it's talking about?[quoted image]

is the switch actually working when in switch test?

#18804 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

Thanks, that is helpful, I will use that tonight and troubleshoot. It is strange though that if its a wire or alignment issue that it will only fail on the 3rd ball every time ??

My issue was intermittent. Sometimes after ball 1, sometimes after ball 2. If yours is always third ball and every time...it could be something else.

I would start by going into switch test and testing that exit opto. Does it work 25 times in a row?

#18805 1 year ago

thanks, can you share a bit how the switch test works - I thought it was simple like light tests

but I am not sure what I am looking at or looking for on the display

and there are two different switch test menu items on the spike 2 - one of them I can't even get to switch 63

sorry to bother, but sounds like you have done this, I've never tested a switch from software

#18806 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is the switch actually working when in switch test?

Yeah. Everything is working fine. I just installed a set of brite buttons, so I was thinking maybe I bumped something to make this code come up? Would like to make it go away if there is no issue.

#18807 1 year ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

thanks, can you share a bit how the switch test works - I thought it was simple like light tests

but I am not sure what I am looking at or looking for on the display

and there are two different switch test menu items on the spike 2 - one of them I can't even get to switch 63

sorry to bother, but sounds like you have done this, I've never tested a switch from software

Sure...it is one of the most often used and helpful tools you can use to diagnose issues. It lets you see if one specific part of the game is working without the complexity of all the other stuff going on that happens when you play a game.

To test the opto exit switch, first you need to lower the building. You do that with the menus, but I'm not in front of my machine so I can't spell out the steps. Let me know if you have trouble with that part.

Then, you need to test the switch.

This document is quite good: https://www.gameroomguys.com/grg-site/how-to-docs/How-to-Pinball-Switch-Test.pdf

Once you get to step 5, close the coin door.

On step 7, it says to "press the lockdown switch." Do that so you can see how the switch test works.

Then, take a ball, roll it under the building into the VUK. The VUK will kick it up and then the ball will roll past the exit opto. You should see that on the screen. Do that a lot of times (~25) and see if it registers 100% of the time. If it is anything less than 100% of the time, you have an issue with that opto.

Let us know how it goes...

#18808 1 year ago

perfect, thanks you much!

I was (incorrectly) thinking I could test the switch from software, like you do lights, dah - wasn't realizing you have to actually activate the switch..

will let you know what I learn tomorrow, appreciate the help!

m

#18809 1 year ago

Does anyone recognize this part,I put up my playfield and this fell out and I dont know where it goes.

5CE37088-3FAD-42DD-A35A-221C23E24C9D (resized).jpeg5CE37088-3FAD-42DD-A35A-221C23E24C9D (resized).jpegDEB5D5E1-4BE1-43DA-9F11-DBB023D5D06A (resized).jpegDEB5D5E1-4BE1-43DA-9F11-DBB023D5D06A (resized).jpegF0F3946C-F22A-431E-9115-05CF7B0681B8 (resized).jpegF0F3946C-F22A-431E-9115-05CF7B0681B8 (resized).jpeg
#18810 1 year ago

Im thinking spotlight support

#18811 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Does anyone recognize this part,I put up my playfield and this fell out and I dont know where it goes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It holds your bulb in on one of your spotlights.

#18812 1 year ago

Thank You ,It just came to me

#18813 1 year ago

New code that just dropped is mentioning more topper light shows have been added...

#18814 1 year ago

I couldn't agree more than that more topper light shows are definitely wanted right now. can't say they're not listening to the People.

#18815 1 year ago
Quoted from KidRichard:

New code that just dropped is mentioning more topper light shows have been added...

Oh man, I raced over to this thread to break this news and you beat me to it by 8 minutes....

#18816 1 year ago

Does Stern not send out email about code releases anymore? I used to get them the day code dropped but haven't for the last couple releases.

#18817 1 year ago

My Godzilla still does not see the 1.04 version as available to download over IC

#18818 1 year ago

Does new code have challenge modes?

#18819 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Does new code have challenge modes?

No, from the readme it just seems to be a couple of bug fixes, some added lights, and allowing you to press both flippers to dismiss secret combo messages. No new gameplay stuff, I guess that's for 1.0.5.

#18820 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

No, from the readme it just seems to be a couple of bug fixes, some added lights, and allowing you to press both flippers to dismiss secret combo messages. No new gameplay stuff, I guess that's for 1.0.5.

I haven't even got my topper and they are already adding light shows. Where did you guys get yours? I didn't think they were out.

#18821 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I haven't even got my topper and they are already adding light shows. Where did you guys get yours? I didn't think they were out.

Are you being serious? They haven't released a topper yet. Although it may not be much longer. Maybe announced at Texas show?

#18822 1 year ago

Damn I was hoping for a challenge mode...

#18823 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Does Stern not send out email about code releases anymore? I used to get them the day code dropped but haven't for the last couple releases.

I still get emails for each release

#18824 1 year ago

Looks like updates mainly aimed at the upcoming pinclash where speed is key and the ability to skip certain scenes is wanted. First mention of topper in the code notes though. Has me excited that it is near!

#18825 1 year ago

I am expecting my Premium next week. However I have been reading about how hard it is to remove the glass. I have PDI glass ready to install, but wondered if using the suction cup method of removal might damage the glass coating. Any advice?

#18826 1 year ago
Quoted from maroot:

I am expecting my Premium next week. However I have been reading about how hard it is to remove the glass. I have PDI glass ready to install, but wondered if using the suction cup method of removal might damage the glass coating. Any advice?

I had super tight glass I loosened the rails still tight but way better.

#18827 1 year ago

I use the scientific method of blowing hot air on both my hands to give them a little grip then placing them flat on the glass and applying pressure to slide it out. I've never had glass so tight this didn't work - and between zeppelin and the latest build of star wars I had - I've had some tight glass

#18828 1 year ago
Quoted from maroot:

I just use a silicone cooking mitt or trivet to "grab" the glass and it comes out no problem on my machine(s). Good call on the PDI glass. I put VooDoo glass in mine and the difference is pretty amazing.

#18829 1 year ago

I am waiting for my February Godzilla, however, I have a Mando Premium that I put PDI glass in, and boy was it tight taking off the old glass and slipping in the new.

#18830 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I stopped receiving them as well...found them in spam. Looks like stern stopped authenticating their emails.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 3.05.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-02-09 at 3.05.18 PM (resized).png
#18831 1 year ago

New Small update:

V1.04.0 - February 9th, 2023
============================
- Carnage Bonus - fixed an issue where changing cities with a running Tesla Strike would result in incorrect multiplier and total values being displayed
- Building Locks - added flash to white arrows and backpanel buildings when damage to the building is registered
- City Combos - pressing both the left and right flipper buttons will dismiss this display effect when the ball is held
- Secret Combos - pressing both the left and right flipper buttons will dismiss this display effect when the ball is held
- Shield Motor Diagnostic - fixed an issue where the diagnostic message would get garbled if the motor didn't reach it's intended switch
- Light Shows - adding more topper light shows

- Adjustment Changes:
- None

- System - Updated to V3.31.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.3.0

- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.

#18832 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I stopped receiving them as well...found them in spam. Looks like stern stopped authenticating their emails.[quoted image]

Yup that's it found it in my SPAM folder

#18833 1 year ago

For anyone still looking for a February run GZ... Jason at Classic Game Rooms just said that he has a few spots still available...

Go get 'em!

#18834 1 year ago

+1, Jason is great to deal with.

Quoted from parsonsaj:

For anyone still looking for a February run GZ... Jason at Classic Game Rooms just said that he has a few spots still available...
Go get 'em!

#18835 1 year ago

Yep, got mine from Jason last fall, same deal. He had a couple slots, I was able to grab one. Easy to work with.

#18836 1 year ago
Quoted from gcr3579:

Open the coin door on my Godzilla pro today to access the menu buttons and a technical alert came up to check switch number 22, shooter lane. Everything is working fine so I don't really know what it's talking about?[quoted image]

Do you have a plastic lane protector installed?

#18837 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

New Small update:
- Light Shows - adding more topper light shows

Topper light shows??
Topper? it means the official topper will arrive soon?

#18838 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Topper light shows??
Topper? it means the official topper will arrive soon?

“Light Show Without a Topper”. I think it was a Billy Idol song.

#18839 1 year ago

The RGB lights are doing some pretty cool stuff now.

#18840 1 year ago

Topper?? I wasn't aware there was an official Stern topper yet, but saw this in the code update today. "Light Shows - adding more topper light shows"

disregard didn't see previous posts

#18841 1 year ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

+1, Jason is great to deal with.

+2 on Jason. Really legit. Bought both my CCr and GZ from him and have a Scooby on order.

#18842 1 year ago

So I unplugged my IC scanner and booted the game up and got a node 4 missing error. I know other games that didn’t come with IC don’t get this without a scanner on them is this specific to games that came factory with I ? Anyone ever removed IC from a Godzilla.

If I plug it back in the error goes away and boots no issues.

73C0F23D-8303-4932-B05F-688A92340574 (resized).jpeg73C0F23D-8303-4932-B05F-688A92340574 (resized).jpeg
#18843 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

“Light Show Without a Topper”. I think it was a Billy Idol song.

Eyes without a face………….

#18844 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So I unplugged my IC scanner and booted the game up and got a node 4 missing error. I know other games that didn’t come with IC don’t get this without a scanner on them is this specific to games that came factory with I ? Anyone ever removed IC from a Godzilla.
If I plug it back in the error goes away and boots no issues.
[quoted image]

Same happens to me. I once disconnected it when working with the apron and forgot to put it back. Same error. Cleared when plugged back in. Maybe it is in the settings somewhere for IC?

#18845 1 year ago

Strange code update. Kind of a nothing burger. Would like the font and illustration of raid, tank, etc progress to be larger on main display for us blind folks. Please make it bigger.

Still some choppy transitions with callouts and displays/animations

Some issues with getting magna grab while other animations are playing. Oftentimes animations need to finish before you can hit the flipper buttons to release ball in magna grab. By the time animations finish the ball has stopped swinging, making imposter impossible to achieve.

#18846 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Strange code update. Kind of a nothing burger. Would like the font and illustration of raid, tank, etc progress to be larger on main display for us blind folks. Please make it bigger.
Still some choppy transitions with callouts and displays/animations
Some issues with getting magna grab while other animations are playing. Oftentimes animations need to finish before you can hit the flipper buttons to release ball in magna grab. By the time animations finish the ball has stopped swinging, making imposter impossible to achieve.

I have that issue with magna grab not releasing the ball when I press the flippers the first couple of times. You're right, it seems to only work once the ball is settled too.

#18847 1 year ago

Were there any problems with saving the high scores/GC score when exercising the update. Or are they automatically saved?

#18848 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

Were there any problems with saving the high scores/GC score when exercising the update. Or are they automatically saved?

No. You will keep your high scores.

#18849 1 year ago
Quoted from wizzard:

No. You will keep your high scores.

Danke!

#18850 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I have that issue with magna grab not releasing the ball when I press the flippers the first couple of times. You're right, it seems to only work once the ball is settled too.

It doesn’t allow the flipper drop until the yellow arrow flashes. It has always been this way.

Compensation was added a while back to allow the player to get the ball on a flipper, shoot the left spinner and still get the imposter award.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 377 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/377 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.