20221209_080414~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230204_222438739 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230205_185308004 (resized).jpg
1F0ED957-5ED3-464E-AF27-6B6157746B6F (resized).jpeg
20221019_150746 (resized).jpg
3AF303E9-AFCA-4FFB-9E51-A483F02FAE06 (resized).jpeg
88679A85-E64A-4428-A089-2F463F798F85 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 377.
#18501 15 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

Should see my GZ Premium next month and after reading this forum, I see there are things I need to check and get before I play it. I have Ball Baron balls ordered, need to change the speakers to 4 ohm, replace the crappy coil stops (who should I order from?), check the calibration of the building, dial down the ball trough.
Anything I’m missing?

Pinball Life for the coil stops. Better speakers are a good idea - check out the diy audio thread. There’s a big range of things you could do but just replacing the backbox speakers with better 4” speaker (like kicker csc4) gets you a long way. About the ohms the op there figured out the ohms setting in the game is really just a gain and it’s probably best to leave the setting at 8 even for 4 ohm speakers.

I think you have the basics covered. Once you get the game see how it plays and go from there. If you get rattled shots from the plunger there are mods to fix it. Enjoy the anticipation.

#18502 15 days ago

I don’t understand how I see so many games for sale (especially Godzilla’s) with such little plays lol like people will have 52 or 20 or like anything under 200 for a machine had for years..

I just got my Godzilla premium and already at 750 lol that’s in a little over a month ;

Ebirah tonight 0 for 10

Still having fun.

I get my digital mini level in the mail by end of the week I’m getting crazy straight down the middle drains;

Does game generally drain down middle a ton?

It feels like constant in this game… anxious to see what the measurements are.

Excited to do some of my own adjustments for once thanks to the help of many here.

#18503 15 days ago
Quoted from Cire113:

I don’t understand how I see so many games for sale (especially Godzilla’s) with such little plays lol like people will have 52 or 20 or like anything under 200 for a machine had for years..
I just got my Godzilla premium and already at 750 lol that’s in a little over a month ;
Ebirah tonight 0 for 10
Still having fun.
I get my digital mini level in the mail by end of the week I’m getting crazy straight down the middle drains;
Does game generally drain down middle a ton?
It feels like constant in this game… anxious to see what the measurements are.
Excited to do some of my own adjustments for once thanks to the help of many here.

I find steeper the pitch more sdtm drains. I recently raised mine from 6.5 to 7.1 and I'm going to have to bring it down a little to reduce the sdtm drains.

#18504 15 days ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

1) By 3D kaiju battle sign, I assume you mean this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod and if not, then I would get it instead!
3) I would definitely diversify so that you can swap them out at some point and rotate them through your house. JP is a fantastic game and highly recommend it as your third!

Actually ordered another one so it may be too late...but I've got bad eyes so the one I got with bigger writing may be better anyway.

#18505 14 days ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I find steeper the pitch more sdtm drains. I recently raised mine from 6.5 to 7.1 and I'm going to have to bring it down a little to reduce the sdtm drains.

I played around a lot with pitch. Seems to be 6.8-6.9 is the sweet spot.

#18506 14 days ago
Quoted from maroot:

Should see my GZ Premium next month and after reading this forum, I see there are things I need to check and get before I play it. I have Ball Baron balls ordered, need to change the speakers to 4 ohm, replace the crappy coil stops (who should I order from?), check the calibration of the building, dial down the ball trough.
Anything I’m missing?

Don't stress so much. I've had mine since April and haven't needed to change coil stops. Remember that the majority of people, most of which have no issues, don't post at all. What you read, a lot of times, is people who have had issues they are not necessarily problems with every machine.

Play yours and you'll see what you need. Aside from tightening screws every once in a while I've yet to have any issue that has kept me up at night.

#18507 14 days ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Quoted from Tiltbob:

I played around a lot with pitch. Seems to be 6.8-6.9 is the sweet spot.

Agreed, I think mine is 6.7-6.8 and it plays great.

#18508 14 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Don't stress so much. I've had mine since April and haven't needed to change coil stops. Remember that the majority of people, most of which have no issues, don't post at all. What you read, a lot of times, is people who have had issues they are not necessarily problems with every machine.
Play yours and you'll see what you need. Aside from tightening screws every once in a while I've yet to have any issue that has kept me up at night.

Good advice here. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

#18509 14 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

How many plays on your machine? Every new stern I've had, and every friend with Stern games, 100% have had to replace coil stops. GZ on mine was at 250 plays,but most are 5 to 700 range. Curious, not doubting you

#18510 14 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Good advice here. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

At the same time, i put some cool stops in my PBL cart like 6 months ago. Around 550 plays I noticed the upper left flipper on my GZ pro seeming to be a little weaker. Closer inspection revealed shards of metal everywhere. So I took out the PBL stops and installed them and 10 min later the flippers were strong again.

I’m a medium player (have hit 1B a couple times but average 200-300M) and even I noticed weak flippers.
YMMV!

#18511 14 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How many plays on your machine? Every new stern I've had, and every friend with Stern games, 100% have had to replace coil stops. GZ on mine was at 250 plays,but most are 5 to 700 range. Curious, not doubting you

I've had a Deadpool since 2019 and never replaced the stops, around 2800 plays. LZ 1300 plays. Ironman vault 900 plays flippers fine. So if flippers are working I'd leave em be. But for sure any sign of non heat related weakness go for it.
Stern seems pretty good on coil heat fortunately.

#18512 14 days ago

Is there a good way to fix this ball trap? I read a post where someone said raise the mech with the white cog but wouldn't that lead to more air balls from the front?

20230125_170658 (resized).jpg
#18513 14 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Is there a good way to fix this ball trap? I read a post where someone said raise the mech with the white cog but wouldn't that lead to more air balls from the front?
[quoted image]

Furniture rubber bumper things. I used two to prevent traps in both positions of the mech.
6A4AF463-37B6-4CC1-BA72-903E2FFD0384 (resized).jpeg

#18514 14 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image]

Raise to just level, not above

#18515 14 days ago

#18516 14 days ago

Got my comet spotlight kits for my Godzilla today … has anyone installed these just wondering where you put them ; also did you use single posts or double stack them? They gave me 2 different types of bulbs which was neat… not sure what to use ..

They recommend over the slingshot area..

Ended up with 2 comet light kits for just $40 what a bargain

Going to install this weekend once I get my tools

#18517 14 days ago
Quoted from lionelpo91:

Hi everybody,
A must have for the 2021 Stern Godzilla pinball machine !
For all version (LE/Premium/Pro)
How could you play without this emblematic figurine ?
Replace your transparency plastic by THE figurine King Ghirorah.
Perfect integration in your playfield !
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah
A video here :
Lionel Poli
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi everybody, I m proposing also the gold version of my King Ghidorah mod . It is an option to buy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah

Have a nice day !

04FDE815-BD65-48B7-9BC9-2A2A24E9CE70 (resized).jpegFE5D27A8-7802-44AF-8843-14CE1889DEE1 (resized).jpeg
#18518 13 days ago
Quoted from Cire113:

Got my comet spotlight kits for my Godzilla today … has anyone installed these just wondering where you put them ; also did you use single posts or double stack them? They gave me 2 different types of bulbs which was neat… not sure what to use ..
They recommend over the slingshot area..
Ended up with 2 comet light kits for just $40 what a bargain
Going to install this weekend once I get my tools

I installed double lights on the top of each slingshot and am happy with the results.

#18519 13 days ago
Quoted from lionelpo91:

Hi everybody, I m proposing also the gold version of my King Ghidorah mod . It is an option to buy.
Have a nice day ![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

#18520 13 days ago

Got to Monster Zero for the 1st time last night. Must admit, not sure how I got there. I really don't play as often as i'd like. Actually maybe a half dozen games a week. Haven't really studied enough up on the rulesheet either. Was fun to get to a "new" point in the game obviously, but I have to admit, there is SO much going most of the time, especially when you have a multiball going, and all the lights etc and the game going 1/2 dark at times, I just have a real hard time following what's going on half the time. Would love to watch the LCD screen way more often than I get to, but dam, who the hell has time with so much going on. I've owned pins for 15 years, so I'm an average player. I don't think the game is hard, just real deep. Just wondering how some of you "figure" this game out without playing 100 times a week and or watching gameplay on YouTube. Just curious, not ranting

#18521 13 days ago

The King Ghidorah looks great, it's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for if only it wasn't so small. I feel like I can't put a 4" tall King Ghidorah next to my 6" tall Gigan mounted nearby without it looking like a dwarf.

I think I'm going to give up on the idea of fitting a King Ghidorah on the playfield, get a 6" Megalon figure to fill that spot instead, and use my King Ghidorah fig as a small topper.

#18522 13 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I don't think the game is hard, just real deep. Just wondering how some of you "figure" this game out without playing 100 times a week and or watching gameplay on YouTube. Just curious, not ranting

Real deep is a great description! It's every bit of that. For me, watching some gameplay via Twitch or YouTube was a HUGE help, along with frequently referencing the wiki rulesheet over at Tilt forums: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#18523 13 days ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Real deep is a great description! It's every bit of that. For me, watching some gameplay via Twitch or YouTube was a HUGE help, along with frequently referencing the wiki rulesheet over at Tilt forums: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

Game is very deep - I'm only a week and a half in with my machine and I'm realizing quickly how much is going on. Crazy.

I am going to watch more streams for sure because I really do get lost as I get further into the game.

#18524 13 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Game is very deep - I'm only a week and a half in with my machine and I'm realizing quickly how much is going on. Crazy.
I am going to watch more streams for sure because I really do get lost as I get further into the game.

Yep, I plan on watching more streams for sure. Just don't have much time. Had this game new since late August, and probably have maybe only 125 games on it, and a high score of only 590 million

#18525 13 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Same here. Only had mine a couple of weeks and love it. Here is a good explanation of rules. I'm trying to keep it all straight and figure out scoring. You basically qualify things but getting super jackpots in mb and gz powerups.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--monsterzero

#18526 13 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yep, I plan on watching more streams for sure. Just don't have much time. Had this game new since late August, and probably have maybe only 125 games on it, and a high score of only 590 million

Some of the streams are incredibly helpful but last an hour or more. I wish some of these guys would edit them down into a 10 or 20 minute video. You could still get all the points across and then leave a link to the full video for those who want to watch it.

#18527 13 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

[quoted image]

Some people use a hex post there.

RM

Hex post fix for ball trap (resized).jpg
#18528 13 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ya I'm about the same. 509 million and my next high was 350 million.

I'm not a great player but I definitely want to learn more and score more. No rush - I'm not likely ever selling this game anyway.

Quoted from jawjaw:

Same here. Only had mine a couple of weeks and love it. Here is a good explanation of rules. I'm trying to keep it all straight and figure out scoring. You basically qualify things but getting super jackpots in mb and gz powerups.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--monsterzero

Super Jackpots always sound amazing and obvious but I always seem to drain out just before I get there.

My buddy always says - "you just got to get good". He's not wrong. LOL.

#18529 13 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got to Monster Zero for the 1st time last night. Must admit, not sure how I got there.

During Godzilla multiball, you hit at least one lit shot three times. This lit the building for a super jackpot. You hit that, too.

Then, you earned enough godzilla power-ups to get to Level 4. You chose Light Monster Zero as your reward (it was probably the only option).

Then, you shot through the building again.

Simple

Such a fun mode. Congrats!

#18530 13 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

During Godzilla multiball, you hit at least one lit shot three times. This lit the building for a super jackpot. You hit that, too.
Then, you earned enough godzilla power-ups to get to Level 4. You chose Light Monster Zero as your reward (it was probably the only option).
Then, you shot through the building again.
Simple
Such a fun mode. Congrats!

Thanks. I usually do well hitting lit shots during GZ multiball. But I rarely get my power-ups past 3 or 4, yet. And I do remember now at power-up 4 I did indeed choose Monster Zero. Most times at power-ups I'm unsure which to choose. That sounded like something fun and different to shoot for a change. Seems like every game I see something new. A 1st last night as well getting Saucer Attack Multiball

#18531 13 days ago

Hey, new godzilla premium owner here, love the game - couple issues I anticipate you all have already addressed, Advice appreciated!!

I have played godzilla a fair amount over the past year at multiple locations before buying one and have not experienced either of these issues?!?

1. Shooter lane. I have read a bit about this issue (inconsistent plunges, etc) I obtained the shooter lane fix mod (the stainless one) and it has NO EFFECT, I just ordered the plastic one from lermods, but with low confidence, since its basically the same. I have lowered auto plunge coil power, but I still get 1 or 2 out of 5 shots that either bang around and lose smoothness/speed. Or with a manual hard plunge will actually go up out of the slot beside mecha figure on the right?!?

2. Mecha shot from left flipper. This one is actually more frustrating/concerning. about 50% of the shots to mecha bounce off him and fly up (left side) onto the wire form or out into the center of the playfield. But it does catch shots as well on the magnet, so I don't think there is a magnet issue, but rather alignment of figure & turnstyle? At first I thought left flipper too strong, but if I back it down, then it doesn't have the power to comfortably hit the upper right ramp, and regardless it should work fine at factory power setting.

appreciate any/all assistance, I can't find much on line about these two issues, which are frustrating for such a great game

thank you for your time

best,

Mike

#18532 13 days ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

2. Mecha shot from left flipper. This one is actually more frustrating/concerning. about 50% of the shots to mecha bounce off him and fly up (left side) onto the wire form or out into the center of the playfield. But it does catch shots as well on the magnet, so I don't think there is a magnet issue, but rather alignment of figure & turnstyle? At first I thought left flipper too strong, but if I back it down, then it doesn't have the power to comfortably hit the upper right ramp, and regardless it should work fine at factory power setting.

I had the same issue. Advice was to “loosen two screws on top left of the Mecha spinner then adjust the part underneath it that the ball rides on. Slide it to the right and retighten screws. Adjust until you find the sweet spot where the ball hits on the magnet straight on and drops down or lands to the right and rolls down the lane.”

Has helped a lot. Still need some tweaking to make it 100%

Skippy2904

#18533 13 days ago

Excellent, thank you

I was hoping to learn that the mechanism was adjustable and could be slightly tweaked. Although I was thinking maybe it doesn't turn far enough, never thought about moving it left to right. Did you observe the ability or any value in changing how far it turns?

thanks!

#18534 13 days ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

1. Shooter lane. I have read a bit about this issue (inconsistent plunges, etc) I obtained the shooter lane fix mod (the stainless one) and it has NO EFFECT, I just ordered the plastic one from lermods, but with low confidence, since its basically the same. I have lowered auto plunge coil power, but I still get 1 or 2 out of 5 shots that either bang around and lose smoothness/speed. Or with a manual hard plunge will actually go up out of the slot beside mecha figure on the right?!?

Make sure the plunger is striking the ball in the center. Rest the ball in the shooter lane and see how it sits against the shooter rod. If it’s off center, you need to adjust that by moving the shooter plate.

#18535 13 days ago

Anyone on here make those lenticular instruction cards for GZ? Got some for my IMDN a few years ago and loved them.

#18536 13 days ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

2. Mecha shot from left flipper. This one is actually more frustrating/concerning. about 50% of the shots to mecha bounce off him and fly up (left side) onto the wire form or out into the center of the playfield.

It's not done by making changes in the settings menu. You'll need to use a #1 Phillips screwdriver and follow advice listed below.

Quoted from Skippy2904:

Advice was to “loosen two screws on top left of the Mecha spinner then adjust the part underneath it that the ball rides on. Slide it to the right and retighten screws. Adjust until you find the sweet spot where the ball hits on the magnet straight on and drops down or lands to the right and rolls down the lane.”
Has helped a lot. Still need some tweaking to make it 100%
Skippy2904

#18537 13 days ago

Is 2.565 M a good score in Godzilla?

#18538 13 days ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:Is 2.565 M a good score in Godzilla?

Do you mean 2,565 M? If so, yes. If not, not so much. But keep practicing

#18539 13 days ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Is 2.565 M a good score in Godzilla?

Horrible,Please try Harder

#18540 13 days ago

Can anyone help me please ? I am new and sucking…

I’m trying to tighten the post of this new light I installed with no luck…

Nut at top is tightened . I tried holding nut at top then the shaft with pliers and tightening both ;

Do I actually need to turn it from other bottom side of playfield ?

Didn’t try that yet …. Does that even make Sense?

What are the logistics of actually doing it do I need to hold top side at the nut then turn from underneath the playfield?

Here’s a pic ; ..

many thanks for help

81A75AE4-F7AF-4E5A-AB2D-A441CC7E9A68 (resized).jpeg
#18541 13 days ago
Quoted from Cire113:

Can anyone help me please ? I am new and sucking…
I’m trying to tighten the post of this new light I installed with no luck…
Nut at top is tightened . I tried holding nut at top then the shaft with pliers and tightening both ;
Do I actually need to turn it from other bottom side of playfield ?
Didn’t try that yet …. Does that even make Sense?
What are the logistics of actually doing it do I need to hold top side at the nut then turn from underneath the playfield?
Here’s a pic ; ..
many thanks for help

Do you have one of these? It's a flat wrench that allows you to tighten / hold that post. It slides in right under the plastic onto the post. You can then hold the post while tightening the nylock nut above, or in your case, the new hex post.

If you don't have one of those wrenches, you'll have to remove that top piece of plastic and use a 1/4" socket driver to tighten that post. Just don't tighten that new hex post too much or you run the risk of damaging or cracking the plastic.

PinWrench1-450x300 (resized).jpg
#18542 13 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Do you have one of these? It's a flat wrench that allows you to tighten / hold that post. It slides in right under the plastic onto the post. You can then hold the post while tightening the nylock nut above, or in your case, the new hex post.
If you don't have one of those wrenches, you'll have to remove that top piece of plastic and use a 1/4" socket driver to tighten that post. Just don't tighten that new hex post too much or you run the risk of damaging or cracking the plastic.[quoted image]

Thank you for the quick reply don’t have one of those tools just bought my first tools ever today! ; just have basic stuff …

I’m totally confused the new post I’m trying to tighten is right on top of the plastic; if I remove the new post stand and plastic how would tightening that bottom post make the new upper hex shaft post tighten(once it’s removed and then put back on)?

Am I making this more difficult then it is seeming I hope not

#18543 13 days ago

#18544 13 days ago
Quoted from Cire113:

Thank you for the quick reply don’t have one of those tools just bought my first tools ever today! ; just have basic stuff …
I’m totally confused the new post I’m trying to tighten is right on top of the plastic; if I remove the new post stand and plastic how would tightening that bottom post make the new upper hex shaft post tighten(once it’s removed and then put back on)?

That wrench holds the post while you tighten the nut above the plastic. Otherwise the whole thing can turn and not affect the nut above.

#18545 13 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Over 1000. I'm not suggesting everyone else is wrong. It's just my experience is all.

#18546 13 days ago

Is it likely they will make the wizard modes available as a stand alone mode in a code update at some point?

#18547 13 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Make sure the plunger is striking the ball in the center. Rest the ball in the shooter lane and see how it sits against the shooter rod. If it’s off center, you need to adjust that by moving the shooter plate.

Please note that some Godzilla machines do not have the playfield centering pieces installed on the sides of the cabinet. So the playfield loosely floats a little left to right. That means centering the shooter on the ball becomes impossible. Mine doesn't have the pieces for example

#18548 13 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Please note that some Godzilla machines do not have the playfield centering pieces installed on the sides of the cabinet. So the playfield loosely floats a little left to right. That means centering the shooter on the ball becomes impossible. Mine doesn't have the pieces for example

I took those pieces out when I installed mirror blades, I don’t have any shooter lane issues.

#18549 13 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When the ball and shooter tip on my game don't perfectly line up, I just move the pf a bit to the right or left so that they do line up - this is much easier than moving the shooter plate.

#18550 13 days ago
Quoted from Cire113:

Here are some pictures to go with the descriptions others have given you. I was installing Cliffy’s on my Last Action Hero and I figured while the glass was off and the tools were out I would snap a few pics for a visual reference…I hope this helps.

40F7DC68-63D4-4573-8A1D-0B52C12491D0 (resized).jpegCE6A3411-F627-4DFC-ACA5-E6E47C54F88E (resized).jpeg80F82CE7-D352-4E06-9AB9-F1BBBA7F0C1F (resized).jpeg6F4E477A-B682-4BD7-80F1-33EB2D711500 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
There are 18,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/371 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.