Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 547.
#18401 1 year ago

i asked this question before and i feel bad repeating and sounding like a broken record but I have a learning disability so apologize im a bit confused as many ppl told me different things

i posted level question a few pages ago to get a newbie friendly level; does it need to have 1 or 2 bubbles in it? or it can just be straight mini digital...

people have suggested the large 10 in level with the 2 bubble(not sure what the bubbles measure) i found this one

https://www.amazon.com/Protractor-Neodymium-V-GROOVE-MAGNETIC-Resistant/dp/B07TXJZX7P/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but those 10 inch ones look a little big for the pinball machine and playfield do the smaller ones work without the bubble that are all digital? or do i need a bubble with digital

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Environment-Measuring-Carpentry-Automobile/dp/B08HN47DJZ/ref=sr_1_5

is there a beginner friendly one prefer

thank you so much again i just want to order it and start the process of learning how to level

Greatly appreciate your expertise

#18402 1 year ago

They both are fine. Get them both.

#18403 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i asked this question before and i feel bad repeating and sounding like a broken record but I have a learning disability so apologize im a bit confused as many ppl told me different things
i posted level question a few pages ago to get a newbie friendly level; does it need to have 1 or 2 bubbles in it? or it can just be straight mini digital...
people have suggested the large 10 in level with the 2 bubble(not sure what the bubbles measure) i found this one
amazon.com link »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but those 10 inch ones look a little big for the pinball machine and playfield do the smaller ones work without the bubble that are all digital? or do i need a bubble with digital
amazon.com link »
is there a beginner friendly one prefer
thank you so much again i just want to order it and start the process of learning how to level
Greatly appreciate your expertise

I think the size of the second one would be easier to work with. You don’t need the bubble but it may be a nice extra feature.

#18404 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

I used the 3D printed shooter lane fix for my premium originally and ultimately ordered the Freddy’s pinball skillshot optimizer from Germany even though it’s a bit pricey. I just installed it today—immediate, noticeable difference. I understand the hesitation because of the price, but great googly moogly it is beautiful.
With shipping, it came to 75 euros. For that money you’re close to getting art blades, or a shaker motor, or speaker lights, or many other great mods. If I were starting over with the game, this would be the first thing I bought though. Just my two cents.

Is this a new and upgraded shooter lane fix I got one from lermods but disappointed with how it’s operating do you happen to have a link ?

#18405 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is this a new and upgraded shooter lane fix I got one from lermods but disappointed with how it’s operating do you happen to have a link ?

It actually appears to have been removed from their website, weird. Maybe they're out of stock. But yes, I also replaced my lermods one with this. It is a night and day difference. The freddy's mod seems factory. You can see the mod here and there's a link to the website as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/70#post-7308714

If you want to email them about it, their stock number for the item is GZ-SO

#18406 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

There's a number of other things that could be making your shooting poor. There's a key post in this thread about it, near the bottom of the list, that has a several things to check over.

#18407 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Surprised to hear this as feedback has been very positive. Maybe there is something else wrong with your shooter rod alignment. Is the shooter rod hitting the ball in the center? The shooter rod in my game was aligned perfectly, but I was still getting rattling when launching the ball. The bracket has corrected the rattling 100% for me. Others have told me it’s been an 80-90% fix for them.

Quoted from evanc:

It actually appears to have been removed from their website, weird. Maybe they're out of stock. But yes, I also replaced my lermods one with this. It is a night and day difference. The freddy's mod seems factory. You can see the mod here and there's a link to the website as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/70#post-7308714

Don’t disagree with you, theirs is very nice, but ours is pretty invisible and you would not know it’s there unless someone told you. It’s also a very inexpensive and effective fix.

#18408 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Surprised to hear this as feedback has been very positive. Maybe there is something else wrong with your shooter rod alignment. Is the shooter rod hitting the ball in the center?

Don’t disagree with you, but ours is pretty invisible and you would not know it’s there unless someone told you. It’s also a very inexpensive and effective fix.

Yep, like I said in my original post, the more expensive one is certainly not for everyone. 2 weeks shipped from germany at the cost of a bunch of other mods like art blades etc, is a tough sell. The 3d printed mod definitely improved the issue for me. For my game, the german metal one eliminated the issue completely to where it can't even be a question on whether it improved things or not. My first test and my thought was "oh, that's how it's supposed to work." Again though, game flaw, not mod flaw. Yours helped!

#18409 1 year ago

I recently installed the shooter lane fix from Freddy's. While it looks super nice and is really solid, I didn't notice all that much of an improvement; I still get occasional ball launches that are not smooth. Maybe be something else going on with the plunger alignment or the plastic lane protector I have installed? I'll have to mess around with that.

#18410 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

Just use the search bar and enter "skillshot optimizer". The Homepage is a littlebit outdated.
You can change language on the left side (choose flag).

https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/

Quoted from arzoo:

I recently installed the shooter lane fix from Freddy's. While it looks super nice and is really solid, I didn't notice all that much of an improvement; I still get occasional ball launches that are not smooth. Maybe be something else going on with the plunger alignment or the plastic lane protector I have installed? I'll have to mess around with that.

You can try and turn down your autolaunch power. Sometimes mine also shoots a littlebit too strong with the mod.

#18411 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just use the search bar and enter "skillshot optimizer".
https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/

It's there but listed as "available soon".

#18412 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

There's a number of other things that could be making your shooting poor. There's a key post in this thread about it, near the bottom of the list, that has a several things to check over.

Thanks ill take a look and if i cant find or get confused ill pm you!

Quoted from Lermods:

Surprised to hear this as feedback has been very positive. Maybe there is something else wrong with your shooter rod alignment. Is the shooter rod hitting the ball in the center? The shooter rod in my game was aligned perfectly, but I was still getting rattling when launching the ball. The bracket has corrected the rattling 100% for me. Others have told me it’s been an 80-90% fix for them.

Don’t disagree with you, theirs is very nice, but ours is pretty invisible and you would not know it’s there unless someone told you. It’s also a very inexpensive and effective fix.

My tech checked my shooter rod extensively a few days like EVERYTHING. before then i got the lane fix from you (lermods) and dont get me wrong im OCD maybe im exaggerating its about 75-80% better than it definitely was; but its not perfect and im still getting crappy shoots from time to time which completely kill any chance for a skill shot; ive even had the ball rattle jump up and hit the glass upon launch lol

#18413 1 year ago

delete.duplicate

#18414 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

is the plunger aligned with the centre of the ball?
Newer Sterns are coming out of the factory without PF aligners, I am not sure what these are really called, I call them aligners. Their job is to reposition the PF in the same position every time after putting it back down (after a service session, etc). Without these, the PF can be moved and the plunger will be off centre.

I have read somewhere here or another thread that newer Stern cabinet 'do not need the aligner' as per Stern support, but this is actually not true as you can move the PF and have the plunger off centre unless you pay attention when setting it back down.

My GZ was made 1 year ago and it does not have the aligners. I am adding them soon. Pinball life sells them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html

They have them as switch plates, but I believe this is the wrong description also.

#18415 1 year ago

I had this issue with the PF shifting and causing bad ball launches. In my case, I had moved the game over slightly and didn’t notice that the basement floor was not as level in that spot. This made one of the leg levelers not sit solidly on the floor allowing a slight amount of rocking. This was enough to make the PF shift in the cabinet. Once sorted out and solidly leveled the problem was resolved.

#18416 1 year ago

OK, this was a Fun one!

I've completed all 5 Rage Combo shots multiple times now without using the Heat Ray, but this was my first time doing it while also starting Bridge Attack Multiball... even though starting Bridge Attack Multiball interrupts the combo!

#18417 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My tech checked my shooter rod extensively a few days like EVERYTHING. before then i got the lane fix from you (lermods) and dont get me wrong im OCD maybe im exaggerating its about 75-80% better than it definitely was; but its not perfect and im still getting crappy shoots from time to time which completely kill any chance for a skill shot; ive even had the ball rattle jump up and hit the glass upon launch lol

Colywobbles also provides the fix for people here in the U.K., reach out to him, his is likely cheaper than the one at Freddy’s.

#18418 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what this piece does and is it needed?

https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-center-post-frame-plastic.html

#18419 1 year ago

It adds a center post ball save. Not needed at all. Just play better.

#18420 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can anyone tell me what this piece does ...

Training wheels

#18421 1 year ago

You're only cheating yourself

#18422 1 year ago

Very happy with my Satin silver ball shooter rod mod. Great weight over stock. Looks great too!
D8465E69-D863-484B-A871-A7A94F08408B (resized).jpegD8465E69-D863-484B-A871-A7A94F08408B (resized).jpeg

#18423 1 year ago

Weird TZ question. When my magnet drops the ball onto the lane by the upper left flipper, the entire upper playfield shakes. Is this normal or are there some bolts I need to tighten?

Thank you!!

#18424 1 year ago

Trying to find this green powdercoat color, anyone can share/help? Thx

3891A87F-33BE-474D-8E2A-946A0F7ED08A (resized).jpeg3891A87F-33BE-474D-8E2A-946A0F7ED08A (resized).jpeg
#18425 1 year ago

I believe that game was done by hemiorange and posted on his powder coat thread. Looks like it could be illusion money or possible hunter green. Here is a pic of mine done with illusion money.

Quoted from Paseb:

Trying to find this green powdercoat color, anyone can share/help? Thx
[quoted image]

6CF46DC7-83E1-4D47-8443-F8A433FF0584 (resized).jpeg6CF46DC7-83E1-4D47-8443-F8A433FF0584 (resized).jpeg8441C044-B139-44CF-A9E2-76CB13D3A481 (resized).jpeg8441C044-B139-44CF-A9E2-76CB13D3A481 (resized).jpeg9A10EC0D-501A-4EE3-922D-C18392481B9A (resized).jpeg9A10EC0D-501A-4EE3-922D-C18392481B9A (resized).jpegBA4C3BA5-230C-4A03-AD4B-7F7488876672 (resized).jpegBA4C3BA5-230C-4A03-AD4B-7F7488876672 (resized).jpeg
#18426 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Weird TZ question. When my magnet drops the ball onto the lane by the upper left flipper, the entire upper playfield shakes. Is this normal or are there some bolts I need to tighten?
Thank you!!

You may want to post this in the TZ owners thread, but…. Doesn’t sound normal. That mech makes quite a “clank” but the pf should not shake. Investigate under the pf and make sure everything is moving freely and not binding. There’s a long rod attached to a linkage and a solenoid from what I remember.

#18427 1 year ago

Adds a center post that makes it less likely the ball will drain (makes the game easier). Someone said like training wheels and that’s true but it’s your game and if it increases your enjoyment go ahead and use it.

#18428 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Very happy with my Satin silver ball shooter rod mod. Great weight over stock. Looks great too!
[quoted image]

Where did you find this one?

#18429 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Looks like it could be illusion money or possible hunter green.

From Steves thread...
I picked this color out. It’s prismatic illusion money. I’m very happy with the choice. As always, pictures never do powdercoat justice.

I love this color! I think I want the dragon rails as well. Does anyone know any distros with the dragon rails in stock?

#18430 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Adds a center post that makes it less likely the ball will drain (makes the game easier). Someone said like training wheels and that’s true but it’s your game and if it increases your enjoyment go ahead and use it.

I completely agree that people should adapt their games however they want but to the original poster I think just turning up the number of balls and/or changing other settings in the menu is a better (and free!) option if someone is finding a game too hard. Using a center post won’t make a lot of difference if you don’t know how to use it effectively with trust and nudging and can actually cause some people to drain. Up the number of balls if you’re not having fun and see if that helps first.

#18431 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Where did you find this one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1356-pinball-shark/07074-allure-of-the-silver-ball-shooter-rod-brushed-aluminum

And big oops on my other post… thought I was in the TZ forum for a moment!

#18433 1 year ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
A must have for the 2021 Stern Godzilla pinball machine !
For all version (LE/Premium/Pro)
How could you play without this emblematic figurine ?
Replace your transparency plastic by THE figurine King Ghirorah.
Perfect integration in your playfield !
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah
A video here :
Lionel Poli
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hi everybody,
A must have for the 2021 Stern Godzilla pinball machine !
For all version (LE/Premium/Pro)
How could you play without this emblematic figurine ?
Replace your transparency plastic by THE figurine King Ghirorah.
Perfect integration in your playfield !
You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah
A video here :
Lionel Poli
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a....pretty ugly beast...why would you put it in your GZ?

#18434 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

That is a....pretty ugly beast...why would you put it in your GZ?

He wants it.

#18435 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Using a center post won’t make a lot of difference if you don’t know how to use it effectively with trust and nudging and can actually cause some people to drain.

This is so true. I’m not sure a center post significantly moves the difficulty needle. I’ve drained plenty of times when I misjudged how the ball was going to hit the post. If you want GZ to be easier, you’ll get greater payback by tightening the outlanes.

#18436 1 year ago

I've tightened my GZ outlanes, but they still see so many balls travel thru that I'm considering installing some pf protective mylar there.

#18437 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I've tightened my GZ outlanes, but they still see so many balls travel thru that I'm considering installing some pf protective mylar there.

I doubt it’s needed. Mylar is more needed in ball drop areas or areas with very high and fast activity, like around pop bumpers, slings, etc. Yes, balls travel through the outlanes regularly, but it is a far less traveled location than other places on the playfield.

#18438 1 year ago

I’m having a weird issue with my left tank spinner … the spinner usually rips when I shoot through it but oddly enough like 15% of the time it rejects; spins like half way and ball rolls back …

this is a big deal when fighting ebirah only to hit the spinner to complete reject and that is a hard shot as it is for me..

Nothing appears to be getting obstructed I even call stern and they were clueless..

Is this just the way it is ? Many thanks for the input and help

#18439 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m having a weird issue with my left tank spinner … the spinner usually rips when I shoot through it but oddly enough like 15% of the time it rejects; spins like half way and ball rolls back …
this is a big deal when fighting ebirah only to hit the spinner to complete reject and that is a hard shot as it is for me..
Nothing appears to be getting obstructed I even call stern and they were clueless..

Is it hanging correctly? If it's tilted could happen. Or else maybe the ball hitting it jams the arm into the bracket?

#18440 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Pics will help.

#18441 1 year ago

Made it to KOTM first time today! Earlier tips about getting power up level to 11 were helpful. 6.8B. Defeated Planet X, got pretty far in victory lap but no cigar. Dare I think I can reach monster island? I actually beat KOTM level 1 to my surprise, but whiffed on level 2 and missed out on 1b bounty. May never do better, surely felt epic!

#18442 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:Pics will help.

Here is pic of spinner I’m starting to think it’s just the way it is sigh

FF124F30-D24C-4B16-967E-ED70491010E8 (resized).jpegFF124F30-D24C-4B16-967E-ED70491010E8 (resized).jpeg
#18443 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

No, it shouldn’t do that. Does it spin freely when you move it by hand? Try gently bending the spinner up a couple mm to give more room for the ball.
0DA2AFEC-2B95-49CB-98BE-507BCF090309 (resized).jpeg0DA2AFEC-2B95-49CB-98BE-507BCF090309 (resized).jpeg

#18444 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Have you spun it with your finger? Is there resistance?
Maybe it’s a big high and the ball is jamming on the bottom.
It does look level though

#18445 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

The wire form on the right side may be hitting on the top of the stand alone post screw when spinning. I had to slightly bend the spinner assembly back away from post screw.

#18446 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

[quoted image]

Had lots of issues with spinner in zeppelin, this might sound stupid, but when we flipped the spinner around, all the issues went away. Like it was mounted backwards from factory. Give it a try, only take a minute

#18447 1 year ago

And looking at your pic, it looks like zepp, it's hanging forward on the bottom, looks farther than my gz, causing the ball to pinch, but may just be camera angle,, Maybe space the posts up with one washer for more clearance too.

#18448 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Is it hanging correctly? If it's tilted could happen. Or else maybe the ball hitting it jams the arm into the bracket?

i do not believe its tilted

Quoted from jackd104:

No, it shouldn’t do that. Does it spin freely when you move it by hand? Try gently bending the spinner up a couple mm to give more room for the ball.
[quoted image]

spins freely and fine when I move by hand; so am i bending the actual spinner ?

i appreciate your pics .. im bendind the spinner or bracket its on?

Quoted from phs4real:

The wire form on the right side may be hitting on the top of the stand alone post screw when spinning. I had to slightly bend the spinner assembly back away from post screw.

I don't believe this is happening but it is a good guess.

Thank you so much for the help everyone; I guess the next thing i am going to try to do is raise the spiner assembly higher to give more clearance for the ball but it already looks like its super high

#18449 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I guess the next thing i am going to try to do is raise the spiner assembly higher to give more clearance for the ball but it already looks like its super high

It does look high, perhaps the ball is jamming on the bottom of spinner. Mine sits lower, the wire is below the screw and just barely clears the top of washer
66BE9FC2-6C25-4D83-8C9B-422C1B3AE5E9 (resized).jpeg66BE9FC2-6C25-4D83-8C9B-422C1B3AE5E9 (resized).jpegCC0AD8A1-2463-400A-8AFF-85AC2B1ECD5F (resized).jpegCC0AD8A1-2463-400A-8AFF-85AC2B1ECD5F (resized).jpeg

#18450 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i do not believe its tilted

spins freely and fine when I move by hand; so am i bending the actual spinner ?
i appreciate your pics .. im bendind the spinner or bracket its on?

I don't believe this is happening but it is a good guess.
Thank you so much for the help everyone; I guess the next thing i am going to try to do is raise the spiner assembly higher to give more clearance for the ball but it already looks like its super high

Bend the bracket. Not the spinner or the wire that the spinner attaches to the bracket. You may need to bend it up or down so that the ball hits it the right way (if too high ball can get hung up under spinner, if too low, ball can hit center of spinner not allowing it to roll under). I would spend some time tweaking it and rolling the ball through by hand to get the right adjustment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/369?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.