Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 547.
#18351 1 year ago

Joined the club!!!! Good golly Miss Molly this game is so good!

PXL_20230116_163358881 (resized).jpgPXL_20230116_163358881 (resized).jpg
#18352 1 year ago

Word from this bird is, you've got an extra pinball machine!

#18353 1 year ago

Stock extra ball set up 1 billion isn't very rough

#18354 1 year ago

My Godzilla Premium came without an instruction card, what are some good ones I can download and print?

Thanks!

#18355 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

My Godzilla Premium came without an instruction card, what are some good ones I can download and print?
Thanks!

I bought this to remove cards AND 'godzilla' name that appear already on playfield + Backbox

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/godzilla-premium-le-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

#18356 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you talking 1 billion for Monster Zero or 1 billion for a full game?

#18357 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

AHH yeah 1 bill MZ, that makes more sense

#18358 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

I bought this to remove cards AND 'godzilla' name that appear already on playfield + Backbox
https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/godzilla-premium-le-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

I may not keep it in all the time, and yes it does cover up some art, but for when friends come over who aren't pinball fanatics I like to have the instruction cards available for them.

#18359 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok so I ordered 2 comet spot lights for my GZ pre cost with shipping around $40
Will order a digital level on Amazon $40 excited to learn basic skills
Does this digital level look good for pinball needs ?
amazon.com link »
Do I need to get a lift cart to raise the pinball machine does anyone have a link for one or is this not absolute necessary?
Could I level the machine without one?

I have a cart but thought about picking up a pinjack or two for lifting during leveling because with the machines in a row the cart isn’t a lot of help for the rear levelers

#18361 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So does anyone recommend any good lightning to install for the game it seems rather dark to me

Pinstadiums at whatever level you are comfortable buying.

After install and adjustment you will be hooked, they are amazing, though I'm not a fan of the UV flasher feature and usually don't connect it. You can save 10% on them with coupon code "Buffalo" (Thanks Bro Do You Even Pinball!) or if you are patient you can save a bit more during certain shows like TPF or around the holidays. Plus, you can easily move them from one machine to the next. I have a set of original Pinstadiums that have probably been on 5 or 6 machines by now. You can certainly do something similar DIY if you have the time and skills, check out Hurry Up Pinball's Youtube channel. The only downside is remembering that you have them installed when you lift the playfield! I keep a rubber band and toothpick handy for my Godzilla. Also, Scott at Pinstadium will support you at just about any time of day or night!

Wow, I sound like a shill, but this is not a paid advertisement!

Here's Hurry Up Pinball's DIY:

And my GZ Premium with Pinstadiums turned on:

IMG_3035 (resized).jpegIMG_3035 (resized).jpeg

and off:

IMG_3037 (resized).jpegIMG_3037 (resized).jpeg

and my attachment for raising the playfield:

IMG_3038 (resized).jpegIMG_3038 (resized).jpeg

#18363 1 year ago

In general, does anyone else find that this thread seems to have the same thing every 6-8 pages on repeat? It's as though no-one knows about or reads the "Key Posts".
Anyway, my rant of the day.

#18364 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

In general, does anyone else find that this thread seems to have the same thing every 6-8 pages on repeat? It's as though no-one knows about or reads the "Key Posts".
Anyway, my rant of the day.

Yeah pretty standard for club threads.
Play, fixing, shitty mods, set up, repeat.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yeah the record on mine is only 460

#18365 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

After install and adjustment you will be hooked, they are amazing, though I'm not a fan of the UV flasher feature and usually don't connect it. You can save 10% on them with coupon code "Buffalo" (Thanks Bro Do You Even Pinball!) or if you are patient you can save a bit more during certain shows like TPF or around the holidays. Plus, you can easily move them from one machine to the next. I have a set of original Pinstadiums that have probably been on 5 or 6 machines by now. You can certainly do something similar DIY if you have the time and skills, check out Hurry Up Pinball's Youtube channel. The only downside is remembering that you have them installed when you lift the playfield! I keep a rubber band and toothpick handy for my Godzilla. Also, Scott at Pinstadium will support you at just about any time of day or night!

[quoted image]
and off:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just a quick question how do you go about removing the magnet strips from the side of the cabinet when you want to move them to a different game? Also would this process change if they are installed over art blades?

Thanks

#18366 1 year ago

Awesome thanks guys I appreciate helping a newcomer

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

[quoted image]
and off:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow that looks amazing what tier pin stadiums are those ?

Also what is that attachment for raising the playfield for I don’t understand lol

Another setting question what does replay level do and what does setting it at different numbers do? I have award as ultraman extraball

#18367 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Awesome thanks guys I appreciate helping a newcomer

Also what is that attachment for raising the playfield for I don’t understand lol

You have to remove the lights bar setup to raise the PF, he uses a rubber band to tie to ramps to they aren't loose. They are in the way if you don't so that when raising PF.

#18368 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You are a well above average player

#18369 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looks cool and the egg is a nice touch. Order placed for my LE!

PSA: That’s a $10 item in Amazon when in stock. I just got mine late last year. Wonder if this seller bought out all the current stock or something. The egg comes with as well; I mounted it over the outlane and replaced the 2D mothra with the figure.

Edit: oh it’s you darkryder! I think you snapped a pic of mine while you were picking up Alien.
56542D8E-8EC2-4652-ADA9-E1F30D099E6C (resized).jpeg56542D8E-8EC2-4652-ADA9-E1F30D099E6C (resized).jpeg

#18370 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

PSA: That’s a $10 item in Amazon when in stock. I just got mine late last year. Wonder if this seller bought out all the current stock or something. The egg comes with as well; I mounted it over the outlane and replaced the 2D mothra with the figure.
Edit: oh it’s you darkryder! I think you snapped a pic of mine while you were picking up Alien.
[quoted image]

Yeah they are not $10 anymore. I paid more and modified the figure. So whatever. Amazon is selling them for $30 now. The shipping priority mail is $10.50. Plus the stripe fee on the store is $4. So yeah my time. I’m not sipping champagne on the beach somewhere.
Magicchiz

I’m just trying to make something cool.

#18371 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just a quick question how do you go about removing the magnet strips from the side of the cabinet when you want to move them to a different game? Also would this process change if they are installed over art blades?
Thanks

I think you can just peel them off, though you presumably need to reapply the VHB (strong, thin double stick tape). I think some people just leave the old strips in place, and Pinstadiums sells just the magnet strips.

#18372 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Yeah they are not $10 anymore. I paid more and modified the figure. So whatever. Amazon is selling them for $30 now. The shipping priority mail is $10.50. Plus the stripe fee on the store is $4. So yeah my time. I’m not sipping champagne on the beach somewhere.
Magicchiz
I’m just trying to make something cool.

I don't think Magic is trying to rip anyone off and my time is valuable. If the parts don't look good in the game when I receive them, they'll go in the coin box with other stuff that didn't appear as advertised. I'm confident these will look good on the Godzilla LE! There seems to be no limit to the amount of mods on Godzilla and these are cool inexpensive mods.

#18373 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

[quoted image]

Hope all is well Prentice, the Alien LV has been great! I fixed the hypersleep lock issue with new optos from PB and the game has otherwise been rock solid! Not updating the game code beyond 3.0 until they work out all of the issues. That game is such a punisher, it makes Godzilla feel like a walk in the park! Jurassic Park is also tough, but my GC scores are going up quickly. Alien is so fast and those outlanes are HUNGRY!

#18374 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I don't think Magic is trying to rip anyone off and my time is valuable. If the parts don't look good in the game when I receive them, they'll go in the coin box with other stuff that didn't appear as advertised. I'm confident these will look good on the Godzilla LE! There seems to be no limit to the amount of mods on Godzilla and these are cool inexpensive mods.

Darkryder, thanks
If you hate it let me know. Tracking coming tonight but couldn’t mail today.

#18375 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I think you can just peel them off, though you presumably need to reapply the VHB (strong, thin double stick tape). I think some people just leave the old strips in place, and Pinstadiums sells just the magnet strips.

Amazon sells magnetic strip 1/2” rolls (3M) also you can cut to size.

#18376 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Thanks

Just buy more magnets and put them on the other game. While taking them off the game is fine, the adhesive will not hold well on the nest game.

#18377 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks! They are the current 'Pin Stadium' model.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just a quick question how do you go about removing the magnet strips from the side of the cabinet when you want to move them to a different game?

I usually leave the magnetic strips in place and have on hand a couple of their 'Transport Packs' that include new magnetic strips, clips, and alcohol pads to mount an existing set into a different game.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Also would this process change if they are installed over art blades?

I don't think so. You could always reach out to Scott at Pinstadium to ask.

#18378 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

This is probably not a Godzilla specific problem but since it's a GodzIlla I'll ask here. Anyone ever have issues with the buttons on the coin door menu system where you have to press one super hard to get it to work? The middle right button on my machine is ridiculous. Almost non functional. Any fix for this?

After you’ve cleaned the contacts with alcohol, presumably…I used a #2 pencil and liberally rubbed graphite on the pcb…helped the contacts fully realize when being pressed.

#18379 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Agreed, not a rip-off; it can be helpful to have someone get the mount just right.
Just was sharing an FYI

Glad the Alien is still fun for you!! Still the best use of movie assets around; so cool

#18380 1 year ago

I used the 3D printed shooter lane fix for my premium originally and ultimately ordered the Freddy’s pinball skillshot optimizer from Germany even though it’s a bit pricey. I just installed it today—immediate, noticeable difference. I understand the hesitation because of the price, but great googly moogly it is beautiful.

With shipping, it came to 75 euros. For that money you’re close to getting art blades, or a shaker motor, or speaker lights, or many other great mods. If I were starting over with the game, this would be the first thing I bought though. Just my two cents.

#18381 1 year ago

So many new zillas in the wild. Congrats. I love mine, so glad I got one.

Could someone please tell where I can get the Stl file for fixing the skill shot/plunger?
Thanks

#18382 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

So many new zillas in the wild. Congrats. I love mine, so glad I got one.
Could someone please tell where I can get the Stl file for fixing the skill shot/plunger?
Thanks

This is the one I used, courtesy of mjthompson . Double sided scotch tape is all I needed to stick it to my machine.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5593220

#18383 1 year ago

I see several people in this thread also own Rush. Godzilla uses the same node 10 board, but is not having the node 10 board issues which Rush is plagued with. Personally, I have burned through three node 10 boards with Rush and Stern still does not know why.
Question: are the zip ties in Godzilla super tight? Whoever was working zip ties at Stern really did a number with the zip ties during Rush production. Many of mine are mangled. Dont know if this is the cause, but again.... curious how the zip ties look on Godzilla. Thx.

#18384 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So does anyone reccomend any good lightning to install for the game it seems rather dark to me ; how are the pinstadium lights they seem rather expensive I was looking at the 399 ones not the 650 lol
Also I am a new player my average score is not that high but it seems I get Tons I mean tons of SDTM drains like all day with this game … my tech is coming in a few weeks I don’t know how to level or adjust or I would but it’s mad ruining the game for me : is this hard to do on my own…

I didn't want to buy the PinStadiums but I was at a show where I got to play a few games with the Neo Atoms and then went back and played on a machine that did not have them. Once you have seen the game with the Neo Atoms it makes the machine feel incomplete without them. It actually made me sad. LOL. I ordered them as soon as I got home. I don't think the Neo Atoms are necessary for most games, but for Godzilla it's worth the money.

#18385 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I didn't want to buy the PinStadiums but I was at a show where I got to play a few games with the Neo Atoms and then went back and played on a machine that did not have them. Once you have seen the game with the Neo Atoms it makes the machine feel incomplete without them. It actually made me sad. LOL. I ordered them as soon as I got home. I don't think the Neo Atoms are necessary for most games, but for Godzilla it's worth the money.

AGREED!

#18386 1 year ago

Thanks for the input guys I’m about to buy a premium pinball stern so don’t have the money for the pin stadiums for now so I just bought 2 comet spot lights for my GZ;(cheaper alternative $40 for a bit more light)

You would definitely recommend getting the neo fusions ones for $650?

I know they have ones for 399,499,650

So I’m still confused about pin stadium lights do you have to remove them before doing any lifting of the playfield ?

Is the Installation pretty easy ?

Yet another question does anyone know where I can get plastic protectors for my pinball machines especially Godzilla cliffys is sold out for many months and I can’t find any places that sells

#18387 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, mine seems to deflect off something and leave the ball guide and stdm often. My level is pretty close but could work on it. My floor is not level at all so makes it a pain to level games. Good to know about the pitch. Think I had it close to 7.0 at building but will check again tonight.

I have this issue on my premium. The ball swerves away from the ball guide on some of the center spinner loops shots and goes SDTM, or close to it. It only happens on occasion so the leveling of the machine really shouldn't be the cause, otherwise it would happen every time. (My machine is level side-to-side and around 6.9 pitch.) The ball moves suddenly and unnaturally like it's being pulled away from the ball guide. It really seems like the magnet might be attracting the ball.

#18388 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I have this issue on my premium. The ball swerves away from the ball guide on some of the center spinner loops shots and goes SDTM, or close to it. It only happens on occasion so the leveling of the machine really shouldn't be the cause, otherwise it would happen every time. (My machine is level side-to-side and around 6.9 pitch.) The ball moves suddenly and unnaturally like it's being pulled away from the ball guide. It really seems like the magnet might be attracting the ball.

It is likely bouncing off the upper flipper.
Do a slow motion video with your phone (glass off and try by hand) you will reproduce this.

#18389 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks for the input guys I’m about to buy a premium pinball stern so don’t have the money for the pin stadiums for now so I just bought 2 comet spot lights for my GZ;(cheaper alternative $40 for a bit more light)
You would definitely recommend getting the neo fusions ones for $650?
I know they have ones for 399,499,650
So I’m still confused about pin stadium lights do you have to remove them before doing any lifting of the playfield ?
Is the Installation pretty easy ?
Yet another question does anyone know where I can get plastic protectors for my pinball machines especially Godzilla cliffys is sold out for many months and I can’t find any places that sells

The neo atoms are 399 but if you email Scott he will probably give you a code for ten percent off. They are magnetic so I just roll them on top of the rails and make sure that the wires don't hang up. I have them set to a light shade of blue it really makes the artwork look crisp.

#18390 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is likely bouncing off the upper flipper.
Do a slow motion video with your phone (glass off and try by hand) you will reproduce this.

That's not what is happening in my case. The ball swerves to the right long before it reaches the upper flipper, just as it's about to pass by the captive ball and go under the bridge. It hasn't even reached the skill-shot opening between the ball guide and the upper flipper by that point.

#18391 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

That's not what is happening in my case. The ball swerves to the right long before it reaches the upper flipper, just as it's about to pass by the captive ball and go under the bridge. It hasn't even reached the skill-shot opening between the ball guide and the upper flipper by that point.

Exact same here.

#18392 1 year ago

For those having issues with SDTM from the orbit shots, have you tried adjusting your flipper power? I used to have this problem a fair amount .This will surely vary based on pitch but I do remember when I lowered my flipper power a bit the problem has mostly gone away

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/224#post-6956440

#18393 1 year ago

Hi everybody,
A must have for the 2021 Stern Godzilla pinball machine !
For all version (LE/Premium/Pro)
How could you play without this emblematic figurine ?
Replace your transparency plastic by THE figurine King Ghirorah.
Perfect integration in your playfield !

You can order here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/07709-king-ghidorah

A video here :

Lionel Poli

IMG_9292 (resized).JPGIMG_9292 (resized).JPGIMG_9301 (resized).JPGIMG_9301 (resized).JPGIMG_9313 (resized).JPGIMG_9313 (resized).JPGIMG_9314 (resized).JPGIMG_9314 (resized).JPG

#18394 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

For those having issues with SDTM from the orbit shots, have you tried adjusting your flipper power? I used to have this problem a fair amount .This will surely vary based on pitch but I do remember when I lowered my flipper power a bit the problem has mostly gone away
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/224#post-6956440

Thanks for the idea. For me any benefit would probably be more than offset by a reduced success rate on hitting the right ramp. I need a pretty clean shot to get up the ramp even at my current flipper power settings.

#18395 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Right. I can see the ball coming under the bridge away from the ball guide. That's only when the ball is flying around the orbit. Very hard to get a flipper on the ball. On softer hits, the ball is always along the ball guide.

#18396 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Right. I can see the ball coming under the bridge away from the ball guide. That's only when the ball is flying around the orbit. Very hard to get a flipper on the ball. On softer hits, the ball is always along the ball guide.

mmmh, one of the ball guides is not shaped/curved properly perhaps? then directing the ball towards the right flipper instead of the left.
Something is changing the trajectory of the ball, I had this happen on the right orbit of Stranger Things and the ball guide was just not shaped with enough curve and the ball was rattling around rather than taking the orbit cleanly. Not exactly the same as this but the logic is the same, the guide is just guiding the ball in the wrong direction.

#18397 1 year ago

Does anyone have recommendations for flipper placement on this game? The flippers appear to be tilted downward ever so slightly on this game compared to others and makes it difficult to cradle. I suspect moving them forward a bit will make the scoop shot more challenging so perhaps the current flipper placement is intentional? If you think you have the optimal flipper placement, a close up pic would be super helpful!

#18398 1 year ago
Quoted from emcdan77:

Does anyone have recommendations for flipper placement on this game? The flippers appear to be tilted downward ever so slightly on this game compared to others and makes it difficult to cradle. I suspect moving them forward a bit will make the scoop shot more challenging so perhaps the current flipper placement is intentional? If you think you have the optimal flipper placement, a close up pic would be super helpful!

They're supposed to be tilted downward slightly. That's the game design.

If you align the tip of the flipper bat with the pin-hole in the playfield, that is the way the game was designed to be played. It's your game; play it how you want to play it. But if the tip of the bat is at the hole in the playfield, you are playing the game as it was intended.

#18399 1 year ago
Quoted from reconsider59:

They're supposed to be tilted downward slightly. That's the game design.
If you align the tip of the flipper bat with the pin-hole in the playfield, that is the way the game was designed to be played. It's your game; play it how you want to play it. But if the tip of the bat is at the hole in the playfield, you are playing the game as it was intended.

Mine came with the tip aligned with the upper edge of the bat, not the tip. Plays great and the bats seem to be droopy a bit yeah.

Has anybody figured whether the magna grab magnet is supposed to rotate freely or be fixed?

#18400 1 year ago

Finally got into the Billion club!!!! First ball stated line crap and almost didn’t get it due to three balls hanging up in the trough.

967DB8E4-B970-4058-818C-16AD8DFAB3B2 (resized).jpeg967DB8E4-B970-4058-818C-16AD8DFAB3B2 (resized).jpegF27AF6B8-A060-4B9C-8B57-5BD5732071BC (resized).jpegF27AF6B8-A060-4B9C-8B57-5BD5732071BC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/368?hl=emcdan77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.