Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 546.
#1701 2 years ago

Updated code, checked all screws, stared at mech and mentally projected it being fixed.

Played for 1 hours with zero issues. So no idea if that was a code thing but I’m glad it’s over for now.

Game has incredible shot feel and placement. Theme really works for pinball and I’ve never really watched the toho Godzilla and I’m instantly loving the silly mess of it all.

#240 has landed.

7802D806-59E5-432A-88AA-A290984F2DFD (resized).jpeg7802D806-59E5-432A-88AA-A290984F2DFD (resized).jpegE161AB23-6230-4035-B4DF-003A0831EF78 (resized).jpegE161AB23-6230-4035-B4DF-003A0831EF78 (resized).jpeg
#1702 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Updated code, checked all screws, stared at mech and mentally projected it being fixed.
Played for 1 hours with zero issues. So no idea if that was a code thing but I’m glad it’s over for now.
Game has incredible shot feel and placement. Theme really works for pinball and I’ve never really watched the toho Godzilla and I’m instantly loving the silly mess of it all.
#240 has landed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Something may have been caught between the playfield and the building . Mine pinched a Ethernet cord when it arrived!

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Agreed! 6.9 has been the sweet spot for me.
For leveling, I am a mega dork and have way more tools than anyone should, but by far my favorite is this one:
amazon.com link »
Tiny so it fits anywhere on any pin, no matter how cramped, precise and readable. Most useful I've ever had.

Ordered = thanks, I've got the "level length" version and too many places it won't fit!

#1704 2 years ago

So on my other Sterns, I can go into the menu and stop the start button and lock bar button from flashing. I always switch them to solid on. The constant flashing annoys me.

On my Godzilla LE though, when I do this, the lock bar button still flashes and I see no separate setting in the menu for this.

I'm guessing this is a bug with the software. Maybe Stern can update it.

Could someone try this on their machine and verify theirs does the same?

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So on my other Sterns, I can go into the menu and stop the start button and lock bar button from flashing. I always switch them to solid on. The constant flashing annoys me.
On my Godzilla LE though, when I do this, the lock bar button still flashes and I see no separate setting in the menu for this.
I'm guessing this is a bug with the software. Maybe Stern can update it.
Could someone try this on their machine and verify theirs does the same?

You always disable start on lockbar button press in the menu. That would stop it from flashing as well.

#1706 2 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket side art blades yet?

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

You always disable start on lockbar button press in the menu. That would stop it from flashing as well.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip, amigo!

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Hope this helps[quoted image]

Weird... My MG magnet and flasher were not connected. Looks like they're rushing these things out the door without giving them a good check.

Also, for people wondering why your QR is not working, I did the update and now working. Looks like 0.78 didn't work, but 0.80 does!

Still can't get a post pass going, but I did get a few games in last night, and it's super fun! Love the ramp shots and the crisscross returns on the wireforms. And that upper loop shot!!! Wow, is that thing butter! I hit it 5 times in a row!

Great job Keith and team! This guy is a rare and true gift to pinball. I feel like we're seeing the Michael Jordan of our hobby, and I'm super excited to see what he surprises us with next. My money is already put aside for game #5!

#1709 2 years ago

Whhhaaaaaaat , What Problems!!!!!!!
Nice game Though When they come assembled correct , .

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Looks like they're rushing these things out the door without giving them a good check.

Quoted from brucipher:

WTF are you talking about? I've been following the GZ owners thread, and have seen very few issues...???

#1710 2 years ago

Buddy gave me his test paint run with the colors he had on hand. We went with a more "natural" skin/scale color (that was also the shade of base color he had available). I might try to get him a brighter color green and see how that turns out. Watcha guys think?

2021-11-05 10.49.35 (resized).jpg2021-11-05 10.49.35 (resized).jpg2021-11-05 10.49.56 (resized).jpg2021-11-05 10.49.56 (resized).jpg2021-11-05 11.25.49 (resized).jpg2021-11-05 11.25.49 (resized).jpg
#1711 2 years ago

Looks great!!!

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Buddy gave me his test paint run with the colors he had on hand. We went with a more "natural" skin/scale color (that was also the shade of base color he had available). I might try to get him a brighter color green and see how that turns out. Watcha guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks so much better, did you custom print that? How tall is it?

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

That looks so much better, did you custom print that? How tall is it?

Yeah, I took an existing vinyl figure that's 7.5" tall and had it scanned into a 3d model so I can scale and print. This one's at 160mm / 6.3 inches

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Talked to my distributor Zach from Flip N Out today, I only have purchased 3 pins from him and I know he has a lot bigger customers who probably ordered a premium from him, but I did order mine before it was even announced. It was just a rumor. When I hit him up today I was expecting him to tell me I’m on the next round because he probably gave mine to a bigger customer but not Zach. He told me I will get it next week. This guy has been a rockstar with every pin I have ordered and I can’t recommend him enough to buy a pin.
That being said I’m super pumped now!

Yeah Zach is the best. Switched to him when my other guy raised prices above msrp and was hard to talk to because too busy. Customer service has to be number one when there are a ton of people selling the same item.

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket side art blades yet?

Just ordered a set from Wizard Mod. Never ordered from him in the past but I like the print

-link removed-

#1716 2 years ago

Just my opinion, offering some help. Yes, he caught the watermelon look, of side art. Just wrong era Godzilla from those movies, the game is based on. That style is early 2000 + ish. Not 60s, 70s, 80s, Godzilla. Maybe a transition say 80s, 90 ish style, bridge the gap between side art and the movies. Nails seem a bit long. Arms and legs to big also.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Yes, he caught the watermelon look of side art. Just wrong era. That style is early 2000s. Not 60s, 70s, 80s, Godzilla.

The original figure this was scanned from was based on and distributed as '84 Godzilla. It just has a slight artist liberty on it I guess. Had looked up "Return of Godzilla" and can see the reference points.

Return_1984_Main_02-768x549 (resized).jpegReturn_1984_Main_02-768x549 (resized).jpeg

#1718 2 years ago

Wow, that is still far from 1974 like the mecha on playfield and on lcd display. It is better. So my suggestion is something in between. Just offering help. It is your decision.

#1719 2 years ago

How do I use (get to use) the heat ray. I haven't been able to use it yet? Do I shoot the center spinner till it passes all 1, 2, 3 to get to the top lighted insert? Does the action button light up when ready?

#1720 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The original figure was based and distributed as '84 Godzilla. It just has a slight artist liberty on it I guess. Had looked up "Return of Godzilla" and can see the reference points.
[quoted image]

In the expo seminar, ZY said he based GZ on how he looked in the advertisements and movie posters of the time. Got the ok from TOHO.

Your zilla looks fantastic.

#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

In the expo seminar, ZY said he based GZ on how he looked in the advertisements and movie posters of the time. Got the ok from TOHO.
Your zilla looks fantastic.

Sorry, meant "original" as far as what this print is scanned from, not the one in the game. Was just pointing out that its not 2000's.

#1722 2 years ago

Just opinions here. OK it falls later into 2000s. Not 70s, 80s. Its ok, just not for me.

#1723 2 years ago

I'm really loving the moving building/ball lock.

So far the bridge doesn't really do much for me, and the spinner/jump ramp I could do without. Overall IMO the big difference that would draw me towards the premium/LE over the pro is the moving building but I think the pro of this game is going to be very good if you didn't want to spend $2000 extra.

#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm really loving the moving building/ball lock.
So far the bridge doesn't really do much for me, and the spinner/jump ramp I could do without. Overall IMO the big difference that would draw me towards the premium/LE over the pro is the moving building but I think the pro of this game is going to be very good if you didn't want to spend $2000 extra.

Early code, I think that bridge will come into play and be more rewarding down the road, as we as a few other mechs like the jump ramp etc…

#1725 2 years ago

Wow!!! Just got mine delivered and played the first game on it. I'd played a pro on location a few times but it was leaning hard right and I couldn't hear the music and callouts very well so I didn't have a great first feel for it then. Holy crap what a fun game! Best first game impression playing at home out of any of my machines, and I LOVE those other machines. Looking forward to playing the heck out of this thing!!!

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Just opinions here. OK it falls later into 2000s. Not 70s, 80s. Its ok, just not for me.

Oh yeah, no worries. I like opinions/criticism/input. I know everyone has their preference. I was just adding context of how this one was distributed as. I have now 3 color variants (the latest one I'm getting hopefully in a couple of weeks and will have all them on top of pin till a topper is released...maybe), and all of them were signed off by Toho as '84 as what its based off of. Finding the right model or toy is tough, since getting a movie poster accurate figure for the 70s godzilla is not really out there, at least not that I've seen.

Theres this one also I tried at first which is more directly 80s, but matches less the "watermelon" texture....meh, I've been having a blast with the printer and by the end of the year I'm going to have my whole work station cluttered with godzilla figures, lol.

2021-10-26 08.40.17 (resized).jpg2021-10-26 08.40.17 (resized).jpg

#1727 2 years ago

LE 863 all set up Wednesday...just now posting.

It's the honeymoon phase of course, but I can't say I've liked a pin more at this point. It could be the GOAT.

76503FC2-883B-43EB-82C4-7A5CEEECA741 (resized).jpeg76503FC2-883B-43EB-82C4-7A5CEEECA741 (resized).jpeg5AA1EB34-19D1-4500-ADB6-2F23F0C462CD (resized).jpeg5AA1EB34-19D1-4500-ADB6-2F23F0C462CD (resized).jpegF6203D9B-D082-4A2E-985C-591696A77010 (resized).jpegF6203D9B-D082-4A2E-985C-591696A77010 (resized).jpeg
#1728 2 years ago

Okay LE is in the house and have a few questions, yes I have a email into my distro but figured I ask here to see if we can solve it before tech support gets back.

1st) Connected to the internet and everything seems good regarding code and has a good solid internet connection. But I have noticed my QR reader is not lighting up. It is connected and I get a dull ding when I scan my code but its a different ding from what I have heard on video streams. Also it doesn't bring any of my info up on the display and nothing on my profile on my phone.

2nd) My shooter rod is hitting the auto launcher and is not center to the shooter lane. Are stern plungers adjustable?

3rd) The glass is very tight compared to my mando and I will also say its tight to fit the playfield hooks back in to the lockbar receiver.

Thoughts?

65781144019__0C21FC75-3926-4C5E-8DC8-8A572E14351B-2 (resized).jpg65781144019__0C21FC75-3926-4C5E-8DC8-8A572E14351B-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0874-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0874-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0875-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0875-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0876-2 (resized).jpgIMG_0876-2 (resized).jpg
#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Okay LE is in the house and have a few questions, yes I have a email into my distro but figured I ask here to see if we can solve it before tech support gets back.
1st) Connected to the internet and everything seems good regarding code and has a good solid internet connection. But I have noticed my QR reader is not lighting up. It is connected and I get a dull ding when I scan my code but its a different ding from what I have heard on video streams. Also it doesn't bring any of my info up on the display and nothing on my profile on my phone.
2nd) My shooter rod is hitting the auto launcher and is not center to the shooter lane. Are stern plungers adjustable?
3rd) The glass is very tight compared to my mando and I will also say its tight to fit the playfield hooks back in to the lockbar receiver.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you complete the game's registration in the insider connected web page?

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Just ordered a set from Wizard Mod. Never ordered from him in the past but I like the print
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c537cd68a7e591d35fad56e48e34fb41fcd4b845-1636138941-1800"};
//]]>

https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades/products/godzilla-stern-pinball-wizblades

Thanks!

I just ordered a set.

any idea on how long they’ll take to get?

Thanks again

#1731 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you complete the game's registration in the insider connected web page?

Tried to do that and it wouldn’t let me do that either.

Maybe I am missing a step?

#1732 2 years ago

Tried to do that and it wouldn’t let me do that either.
Maybe I am missing a step?

Where did it stop you? After I entered the data on the game menu and it directed me to the website, I navigated there, clicked on my account profile and then machines submenu. After authorizing it took a minute or so for the pin to be fully online.

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

How do I use (get to use) the heat ray. I haven't been able to use it yet? Do I shoot the center spinner till it passes all 1, 2, 3 to get to the top lighted insert? Does the action button light up when ready?

Yes, it lights up. You have to press and hold the button to charge the ray (while not losing the ball(s) in play - sometimes it's a feat) when you release it launches.

#1734 2 years ago

Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can loosen the shooter with three screws on the inside of the cabinet, adjust, and re-tighten to center the rod better.

The glass channel is just a plastic insert stapled to the cabinet, surrounded by the side rails. Basically you have to see if the tightness is from the guides or the rails. Maybe back off the screws holding the rails a 1/4 turn and see if that loosens it up first.

#1735 2 years ago

Thanks!
I just ordered a set.
Thanks again

My JP set from them took about 3.5 weeks

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks way better than stock, although it seems like it still needs an ink wash to draw out more of the texture and depth and really make it pop.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Looks way better than stock, although it seems like it still needs an ink wash to draw out more of the texture and depth and really make it pop.

For sure! Started playing my first few games just now and it was dark enough where it really didn't stand out much at all. Kinda just blended into the shadows

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

For sure! Started playing my first few games just now and it was dark enough where it really didn't stand out much at all. Kinda just blended into the shadows

I like this one so much better. Please let us know if you have these produced as I would be in for one. I also agree that a good black wash on the paint that is already there would make this amazing. I always have a bottle of black wash ready to go.

#1739 2 years ago

Have gotten that far but I don’t see where I can scan it in. Feeling like a complete newbie here

Quoted from PinMonk:

You can loosen the shooter with three screws on the inside of the cabinet, adjust, and re-tighten to center the rod better.
The glass channel is just a plastic insert stapled to the cabinet, surrounded by the side rails. Basically you have to see if the tightness is from the guides or the rails. Maybe back off the screws holding the rails a 1/4 turn and see if that loosens it up first.

4D06CDC5-2698-4BEC-B1F5-B1A8AFF86D2C (resized).jpeg4D06CDC5-2698-4BEC-B1F5-B1A8AFF86D2C (resized).jpeg
#1740 2 years ago

Have gotten that far but I don’t see where I can scan it in. Feeling like a complete newbie here
[quoted image]

Did you answer the confirmation email?

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you answer the confirmation email?

Checked and yes I have. Looks like I will have to wait for stern to help.

#1742 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues updating the latest code .80? Mine came from the factory at .79 and I'm trying to update via USB but no luck

0EA1A23F-B10C-4CDD-A995-992B291A9091 (resized).jpeg0EA1A23F-B10C-4CDD-A995-992B291A9091 (resized).jpeg
#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Anyone have any issues updating the latest code .80? Mine came from the factory at .79 and I'm trying to update via USB but no luck[quoted image]

I didn't have any issues.

Seems like a corrupted download or bad usb drive.

I'd delete the one you have and try downloading again, then reformat the usb (not the quick format, the slow one), unzip the files and transfer them to the USB again.

#1744 2 years ago

Thanks!
I just ordered a set.
Thanks again

I don't know bud...first time ordering from them.

Hopefully not too long, mine will be here Monday.

#1745 2 years ago

Wow, 747 arrived today. Some fed ex shipping damage. Ouch. Does anyone know what the latest code is? I think I have it on my WiFi is says code .80?

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Wow, 747 arrived today. Some fed ex shipping damage. Ouch. Does anyone know what the latest code is? I think I have it on my WiFi is says code .80?

Just the box, right? my box was beat up a little but machine unscathed. yeah .80 is current

#1747 2 years ago

They are not treating games during shipping.

20211103_170021 (resized).jpg20211103_170021 (resized).jpg
#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Uhg.

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

[quoted image]

That is a shame.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't have any issues.
Seems like a corrupted download or bad usb drive.
I'd delete the one you have and try downloading again, then reformat the usb (not the quick format, the slow one), unzip the files and transfer them to the USB again.

Got it to work finally third or fourth try must've been a finicky USB. I'm glad I swapped out Mando for this one...Winning!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,300 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/35?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.