PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 548.
#17751 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I’ve gotten the callouts and extra ball animations before but it doesn’t seem to trigger automatically when I hit the replay amount.
I just confirmed my settings are on Fixed with unlimited extra balls. I just set the first replay to $26m and no extra balls were awarded after hitting that after a couple different games. Hopefully I’m missing something or it’s an overall code issue rather than something specific with my machine

Mine did this with the last update. I turned it off in the settings and then back on and it fixed it

#17752 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hopefully a simple question: Loving my Godzilla pro, but one thing I would like to change is to avoid having the playfield go totally dark during so many of the light shows.
I looked through the menus and hoped to see a setting to keep the apron LED's on at all times, but did not see anything like that! Seems like an easy win given all the other settings.
Did I miss it? Am I the only person playing this game in a dark room?
I know I could get some apron mounted LED strips, but that seems kind of silly when there are lights already built into the apron...

I've heard about this many times. But I've never noticed mine go completely dark as people describe. Granted there are lights on in the room we have the game in. What modes does this happen on?

#17753 1 year ago

That’s actually my favorite part of the game .Lights go out and the pinballs glisten as they roll around .I think GZs light show is extremely underrated .Tank MB is another favorite show .There are quite a few light show “moments” in this pin along with everything else .

#17754 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Loving my Godzilla pro, but one thing I would like to change is to avoid having the playfield go totally dark during so many of the light shows.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Did I miss it? Am I the only person playing this game in a dark room?

You didn’t miss anything. That’s the way the lights are programmed. It’s one of my very few nitpicks for this game. Before I play it, I adjust the lights in the room so I don’t get annoyed when I do something really good in the game.

#17755 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

leaf switch gap looks good spacing is similar to slingshot that’s working . So I don’t think it’s a leaf switch gap issue Atleast…

If the switch does not register in switch test, most likely a wire broke at the switch.

But if the gap is good and no break in the wire, check the wires at the sling coil under the playfield.

You probably have a broken wire at the coil. It's a 5 min repair to resolder.

#17756 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Go into the switch test mode and confirm that both the upper and lower leaf switches in the slingshot are properly working. The first thing I'd suspect is one of those 2 switches is reading as "closed".

Thank you for the help I’ve never done this before ; so basically lift off glass hit switch test then i have to physically touch switch to test? So just tap the two switches for the left slingshot while it’s on in “test”? ;

Just want to make sure it’s safe to do with the machine still on as I’ve never done this and it can be quite daunting at first ….

#17757 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for the help I’ve never done this before ; so basically lift off glass hit switch test then i have to physically touch switch to test? So just tap the two switches for the left slingshot while it’s on in “test”? ;
Just want to make sure it’s safe to do with the machine still on as I’ve never done this and it can be quite daunting at first ….

Yeah put it in switch test mode then you can start poking around and see if the switch actually registers when you push in the slingshot.

If the coin door is open all the high power stuff gets disabled so you should be good there.

If it doesn’t register you might have to lift up the playfield to see if there is a loose wire or broken connection on the slingshot.

Remember to take the balls out before you lift the playfield or they will be flying all over. I did that one of my first times lol.

#17758 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:Yeah put it in switch test mode then you can start poking around and see if the switch actually registers when you push in the slingshot.
If the coin door is open all the high power stuff gets disabled so you should be good there.
If it doesn’t register you might have to lift up the playfield to see if there is a loose wire or broken connection on the slingshot.
Remember to take the balls out before you lift the playfield or they will be flying all over. I did that one of my first times lol.

Ok I have an update! I put it into test mode on the screen it didn’t say anything is open or closed when I tapped the slingshot and switches and nothing happened :

So then i stretched the rubber band out more and then the switches started registering; So maybe only adjustment I need to make Is stretch the band out a bit more ? ;

When I stretched the rubber band it must have released from being closed …

What do I need to do next guys?

Maybe use a flathead to make sure there is a larger gap in between switches? Is this most likely my issue?

I guess it’s good news I temporarily got it registering!

I feel like we are almost home! I’m getting excited

Thank you all for being patient

#17759 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok I have an update! I put it into test mode on the screen it didn’t say anything is open or closed when I tapped the slingshot and switches and nothing happened :
So then i stretched the rubber band out more and then the switches started registering; So maybe only adjustment I need to make Is stretch the band out a bit more ? ;
Maybe use a flathead to make sure there is a larger gap in between switches? Is this most likely my issue?

Yeah if you can pull the band out and cause it to register it’s probably stuck and needs gapped a little bit more.

You’re on the right path for sure, good luck you’ll be flipping in no time

#17760 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yes, The leaf switch is probably stuck closed or very very tight, when making adjustments go very very slow little at a time.
And buy one of these to have on hand for next time
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html?Category_Code=

#17761 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The first thing I'd suspect is one of those 2 switches is reading as "closed".

Quoted from BrokenChair:

So then i stretched the rubber band out more and then the switches started registering

Called it! I'm a Christmas Pinball Savant. j/k

This is the issue 90% of the time. Adjust the gap open on the leaf switches. Easy peasy. This is common and needed on many NIB games.

#17762 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I've heard about this many times. But I've never noticed mine go completely dark as people describe. Granted there are lights on in the room we have the game in. What modes does this happen on?

Play in the dark; the game goes dark a lot (at least my pro does)

I also had adjusted the translight "lights" down, I upped then back up... but still.

Quoted from DaveH:

You didn’t miss anything. That’s the way the lights are programmed. It’s one of my very few nitpicks for this game. Before I play it, I adjust the lights in the room so I don’t get annoyed when I do something really good in the game.

Thank you for confirming the not entirely unexpected bad news. I am actually a bit surprised this has not yet been addressed in a software update yet. This is at least a fixable thing (adding lights to the apron that stay on while the game is powered on). But seems silly when it has existing apron lights where this should be tweakable...

#17763 1 year ago

Question to those who bought the Myst pinball speaker kit for GZ….

I set it up looks awesome and also the under cabinet light look good too.

Having issue in that only one of the speakers will light up. I tried swapping left and right speakers and good news is the light kit works with whatever is plugged into the left side… so both the actual light rings seem fine.

Does anyone know of anything I could do to troubleshoot the control box ?

#17764 1 year ago

finally joined the 1 billion plus club! Merry Christmas!

IMG_4770 (resized).jpgIMG_4770 (resized).jpg
#17765 1 year ago

Starting to get ball searches after the ball is sent up to the top of the building. Usually a few coils fire and then it finds the ball but occasionally the building needs to go up and down to release all locked balls.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this one? Flaky opto somewhere?

#17766 1 year ago

My only above 1 billion game so far. First game after reading the tilt rule sheet twice!

DA0E9695-E3CC-41B6-9263-EC172D257E08 (resized).jpegDA0E9695-E3CC-41B6-9263-EC172D257E08 (resized).jpeg
#17767 1 year ago

Had a good game
Tonight! Love this code.

Made it through 2 cities after 1.9 B score. Long game!
Wondering if I should read the rules lol have no idea what I am doing.

Is the code considered done or is it still being polished? Just asking because I have noticed a lot of updates (in my email) before owning the game.

Only had it for a few days. Not my first time playing godzilla in fact have a few hours playing a premium on location.
Love to have it here such a great game

#17768 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Had a good game
Tonight! Love this code.
Made it through 2 cities after 1.9 B score. Long game!
Is the code considered done or is it still being polished? Just asking because I have noticed a lot of updates (in my email) before owning the game.
Only had it for a few days. Not my first time playing godzilla in fact have a few hours playing a premium on location.
Love to have it here such a great game

Nice job. Small polishes still happening but it’s very mature now and mainly done. Maybe we will get some small surprises. My approach is to avoid reading any rules for a few months. My way to savor the game and prolong discovery and enjoyment. Enjoy your game.

#17769 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Nice job. Small polishes still happening but it’s very mature now and mainly done. Maybe we will get some small surprises. My approach is to avoid reading any rules for a few months. My way to savor the game and prolong discovery and enjoyment. Enjoy your game.

Yeah I try to do that when I can. Some gamea are better than others at showing the way, and gz is good at that!

#17770 1 year ago

I’d consider it done outside of a bug fix or two.

#17771 1 year ago

I have a new problem with the magnet, which is not catching the ball for destruction jackpot independent how fast it rolls. It shortly graps it, but releases it as if no destruction JP is lit. Any ideas?

#17772 1 year ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have a new problem with the magnet, which is not catching the ball for destruction jackpot independent how fast it rolls. It shortly graps it, but releases it as if no destruction JP is lit. Any ideas?

See here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/354#post-7307128

#17773 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

This is one of those things that SHOULD be easy to remember but for some reason I often forget. I'll be bummed when the balls break some plastic or damage something. I considered making myself a sticker for the rail under the lockdown bar that says "REMOVE THE PINBALLS, STUPID?!?"

#17774 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Congrats! I still haven't broken 1B but getting quite close. This is my first home use machine so I've been focusing on trying to get consistent on my ability to hit specific shots when needed for modes and other stuff. You're probably more experienced than me so once I started being able to more consistently hit shots, I found this thread (and specifically the videos) helpful on rule strategy for scoring. The game is super complex so it was helpful to have someone talk through it. Even with video, voice, and demonstration, it's deep enough that I'm still working through the details as I go. Which I think is probably a very very good thing for a machine at home.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

#17775 1 year ago

Probably a longshot however, a few days ago I was playing one of my best games ever when I found the small screw lying inside the left inlane. I have not found where it goes. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance!

2700614F-6C56-4DC5-8D25-25CD4A6CD0D7 (resized).jpeg2700614F-6C56-4DC5-8D25-25CD4A6CD0D7 (resized).jpeg4ADD10DD-D4E6-44D8-A84F-2166FB924ACC (resized).jpeg4ADD10DD-D4E6-44D8-A84F-2166FB924ACC (resized).jpeg7769C29F-6FBC-4895-B2F6-BEA1BEF0CE0E (resized).jpeg7769C29F-6FBC-4895-B2F6-BEA1BEF0CE0E (resized).jpeg
#17776 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Probably a longshot however, a few days ago I was playing one of my best games ever when I found the small screw lying inside the left inlane. I have not found where it goes. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could be a lot of things but what I do in this situation is study the pf and look for what kind of thing that type of screw is used for. Look for other screws like that. You may find a pattern in how the screw is used. That helps narrow it down. Pull out the pf and Look all over with a flashlight until you figure it out.

#17777 1 year ago
Quoted from rojeff:

Thank-you for posting this stl, mjthompson.
I printed the full length version (Pinball_-_Godzilla_Shooter_Lane_Rail_ABE_FLIPS_Fix_-_full_length.stl) at home. It works quite well. Previously had about 85% of my manual plunges rattle around and fail. Now it's very very rare.
The tapered end is a nice touch. I loosened the level bracket and slid the tapered end just barely under it to hold that end in place without any tape.

You're welcome... And obviously thanks to Abe for coming up with the idea!

#17778 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Check the bridge (underside). They screws are small and black, but I can’t remember if they flair under the head like that.

#17779 1 year ago

Merry Christmas!

So I’ve done research in the thread and see some references to magna grab not catching a direct, powerful hit. I’m having that. The magnet seems to work well in all other respects. Anyone have a fix for that? Or ideas? I don’t want to mess too much with the magnet as my imposter and all other drops like disaster jackpot seem well tuned. It came to me this way. Am I clear that the correction function is to catch every ball when the magna grab light is on? And I believe “light magna” is at the right inlane, but should it catch it right from that inlane?

#17781 1 year ago

RE: my previous lost screw post

Still can't find where came from, really seems to be only screw that looks like it, not from buildings, bridge or optos, really weird. I am thinking likely not critical screw if only one like it that I can tell, but who knows.

I did find post on my premium with open whole on top, not sure if that is it??

56D1E90D-2443-4EAA-9FEB-2A63857C2CD4 (resized).jpeg56D1E90D-2443-4EAA-9FEB-2A63857C2CD4 (resized).jpeg
#17782 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I did find post on my premium with open whole on top, not sure if that is it??

Nothing on top. Prevents ball hand ups there.

LTG : )

#17783 1 year ago

I need to go study the rulesheet a little, but today I've had two games where I was battling Ebirah and I swear I received the "Left Spinner Award" without actually hitting the left spinner? Is there a special shot that credits you for the left spinner in an Ebirah battle? Makes me wonder if it's a feature, a bug or if I have some kind of funky wiring situation. The left spinner switch functions as expected and when I do rip it, the spins count.

I also have a funky sound that persists any time after I get a Mechagodzilla Multiball, even after the games are finished. Almost like a buzzing sound but more like an alarm sound somewhat far away? I'll have to see if I can record a video with it. I do have a Pinwoofer kit installed as well as coil cooling fans, but the noise keeps going even if I unplug the fans and is only there under certain conditions.

Christmas Day Mysteries!

#17784 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I need to go study the rulesheet a little, but today I've had two games where I was battling Ebirah and I swear I received the "Left Spinner Award" without actually hitting the left spinner? Is there a special shot that credits you for the left spinner in an Ebirah battle? Makes me wonder if it's a feature, a bug or if I have some kind of funky wiring situation. The left spinner switch functions as expected and when I do rip it, the spins count.
I also have a funky sound that persists any time after I get a Mechagodzilla Multiball, even after the games are finished. Almost like a buzzing sound but more like an alarm sound somewhat far away? I'll have to see if I can record a video with it. I do have a Pinwoofer kit installed as well as coil cooling fans, but the noise keeps going even if I unplug the fans and is only there under certain conditions.
Christmas Day Mysteries!

The wallop shot will spot a shot could you have hit that? (the shot left of the building)

#17785 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

The wallop shot will spot a shot could you have hit that? (the shot left of the building)

Ahhh, that's exactly it! I definitely hit a wallop shot directly before the left spinner award callout. Good call.

"Godzilla Wallop: If a mode is running, a strong shot to the exit of the building that passes through its entrance will award one lit shot, prioritizing those on the left side of the playfield. This is called the “Wallop shot” by the game. Further uses of Godzilla Wallop during the mode just award 1M."

It's a Christmas Miracle!

#17786 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Ahhh, that's exactly it! I definitely hit a wallop shot directly before the left spinner award callout. Good call.
"Godzilla Wallop: If a mode is running, a strong shot to the exit of the building that passes through its entrance will award one lit shot, prioritizing those on the left side of the playfield. This is called the “Wallop shot” by the game. Further uses of Godzilla Wallop during the mode just award 1M."
It's a Christmas Miracle!

I wonder how many spins it awards. All 15?

#17787 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

RE: my previous lost screw post
Still can't find where came from, really seems to be only screw that looks like it, not from buildings, bridge or optos, really weird. I am thinking likely not critical screw if only one like it that I can tell, but who knows.
I did find post on my premium with open whole on top, not sure if that is it??[quoted image]

That post on my Prem. also doesn't have any screw in it.

#17788 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Those of you who have taken your playfield out of your GZ, is the cat6 cable all intertwined with the 3 quick disconnect cables you disconnect in order to make it disconnected from the cabinet? Did you have to basically disconnect it and then untwist it so it's just not all mixed up with those other wires?
I have some mirror blades I want to install and it just seems like it would be much easier to do with the playfield out, but I've never taken one out before. Aside from the network cable being intertwined, it seems like it's pretty straight forward.

The cables are long enough to just pull the playfield out and set it on a table lined up along side the game without having to unplug them if you want to go that route. This is what I did when I installed the side art in my game. Literally took like 10 minutes from start to finish.

John

#17789 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I wonder how many spins it awards. All 15?

That's what it looks like, after I got the Left Spinner Award, I'm pretty sure it had zero spins left.

#17790 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Here's a video of that noise I described above. Pretty sure this starts during Mecha Multiball and then persists until the machine is shut down. Have any of you heard this?

#17791 1 year ago

Those speakers don’t look stock. I would review your custom speaker setup and see where something may have went wrong.

#17792 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Any mods on your machine? I didn’t find that type of screw head on my GZ

#17793 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those speakers don’t look stock. I would review your custom speaker setup and see where something may have went wrong.

Yeah it’s a full Pinwoofer kit as mentioned above. It goes away if I unplug the Pinwoofer amp, but then again so does all the sound. I’d suspect the Pinwoofer setup if it didn’t come and go at times. I’ve had it start on a multi-player game and then stop when the next player comes up. Strange one.

#17794 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah it’s a full Pinwoofer kit as mentioned above. It goes away if I unplug the Pinwoofer amp, but then again so does all the sound. I’d suspect the Pinwoofer setup if it didn’t come and go at times. I’ve had it start on a multi-player game and then stop when the next player comes up. Strange one.

I have a Pinwoofer setup and I do not have that noise.

#17795 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I would make absolutely certain your install was done correctly.

#17796 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Sounds like maybe a shielding issue with the audio wiring. Try reseating the audio cables and maybe see if you route them slightly. Does it come with a ground loop isolator?

#17797 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would make absolutely certain your install was done correctly.

I agree, maybe contact Pinwoofer and see if they assist.

#17798 1 year ago

My pinwoofer kit had very loose RCA connectors this would sometimes make noise. Try pinching the leaf in so they make better contact.

234F6F21-BE61-4D48-A5B9-18A81114CC36 (resized).png234F6F21-BE61-4D48-A5B9-18A81114CC36 (resized).png
#17799 1 year ago

Next I would try reflashing the SD card with fresh code.

#17800 1 year ago

Mecha has tons of bass, might be jostling something loose during the mode. Also does pinwoofer have a ground wire for their amps? I've found I have to ground the amp chassis to the braid to eliminate a minor background hum in Spike2 games. My own setups, not PW but similar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/356?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.