Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 546.
#17301 1 year ago

On another note , this pin shoots like a dream after a good waxing .I mean “Dreamy”

#17302 1 year ago

Is BELTMANN the only shipping company people use to move pins not in box or is there a better option from NM to OHIO? Its a $16k pin so makes me nervous. Any suggestions from those who have done it. So you pay a pinside verified address person by check or wire and hope for the best?

#17303 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Is BELTMANN the only shipping company people use to move pins not in box or is there a better option from NM to OHIO? Its a $16k pin so makes me nervous. Any suggestions from those who have done it. So you pay a pinside verified address person by check or wire and hope for the best?

CAED9D13-65E6-4977-A316-A116F22158BD.gifCAED9D13-65E6-4977-A316-A116F22158BD.gif
#17304 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

I finally finished my solution for the shooter lane issue. I used a piece of aluminum plate that I had lying around (.050" thick) which I cut (with a hack saw) to fit, and covered it with mylar for a long service life. Every ball launch comes out clean now, giving a chance for a skill shot every time.
[quoted image]

Nice work, but why use a flat head screw that's not countersunk all the way? Doesn't that give you problems with the ball hitting it?

2 sided tape or even some rubber cement I think would hold the piece on there.

#17305 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Unfortunately a lot of people get sucked in with buying all that 3d printed or model crap from mezel that adds absolutely nothing to gameplay. Look I get it, its your game so do what you want but the fact is these mods these guys peddle are way overpriced and usually look like shit... added to that is a simple fact you won't get your money back on resell. A lot of hobbiests prefer a game stock, and only pay for quality mods like audio etc, not all this 3d printed garbage. Here's my gz prem with a couple of spotlights and $2 light strips added. All in all around $30 on the playfield ... and it looks clean and not cluttered with shite!! Maybe needs a set of mirrors to finish it off.
[quoted image]

I'm not that extreme as I do like some mods, but I buy my games to play them and that is my number 1 goal.

#17306 1 year ago

I just got my Godzilla premium today and playing the first few games;

What are some settings to tweak to make the game easier and for kids ?

Thank you for all the help and feedback

#17307 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

NAVL (North American Van Lines) via Michelle has done an outstanding job moving unboxed pins. I’ve done at least a half-dozen shipments with them to/from Albuquerque with no issues at all.

#17308 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I didn't get very far as I decided to look at the parts breakdown first. Looks like the right hand wall of that scoop is one piece with the scoop assembly, so it can't be moved independently like the end down by the magnet can. You'd have to remove that whole ID 1 scoop part and deform it at the bottom and that didn't seem like a good plan, so I left it and will just work on my skills for that left loop.
[quoted image]
I could move the end of the other wall that makes up the exit of the upper loop, but that wouldn't open the gap or stop rejections when the ball comes up that left side. Just need a smooth shot that follows the outer wall and doesn't' rattle over and bang into that intersection.

I turned down my right flipper power and reduced my rejections significantly. I think the ball has too much speed hugging that left wall and then it gets thrown against that intersection point when the wall starts to curve to the right. I'm going to keep turning the power down until I see how low I can go and still make the shot consistently. It made a huge difference.

#17309 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Move down the outlane posts, turn up ball save timers.

#17310 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Move down the outlane posts, turn up ball save timers.

Does Stern offer a one click Easy setting like JJPs do? That’s a nice feature.

#17311 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Does Stern offer a one click Easy setting like JJPs do? That’s a nice feature.

Yes. I believe its under Utilities>Install Presets.

#17312 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah you can go through the game adjustments and anything that has a difficulty just set it to Easy, maybe turn it to 5 ball.

I've mentioned it before but if you put use a USB stick in the backback you can save and load setting groups in the Utility menu. The only gotcha is high scores are tied to the settings group. So if you want a normal 3 ball default setting with all your high scores just remember to save that before loading the "Easy" settings.

#17313 1 year ago

I’m completely broke but Atleast I got my Godzilla premium oh my god it is so good

A lot harder then I initially thought

Thank you for all the help and responses

How do I destroy the bridge?
just keep hitting the magma ball thing below it ??

Initial reaction is jaw dropping can’t stop playing

#17314 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

How do I destroy the bridge?
just keep hitting the magma ball thing below it ??

1. Get enough switch hits to light the Attack Bridge insert (One good spinner rip should do it)
2. Hit the magna-grab/newton ball to collect
3. Repeat 1&2 until you hear "the bridge has completely collapsed"
4. You'll notice the left or right ramp "bridge out" lamp will be hit. Shoot that ramp
5. You'll start bridge attack multi-ball

#17315 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

1. Get enough switch hits to light the Attack Bridge insert (One good spinner rip should do it)
2. Hit the magna-grab/newton ball to collect
3. Repeat 1&2 until you hear "the bridge has completely collapsed"
4. You'll notice the left or right ramp "bridge out" lamp will be hit. Shoot that ramp
5. You'll start bridge attack multi-ball

Thank you for this pardon my ignorance I don’t understand step 1 switch hits ? What do you mean switch hits where are they ?

I’m about to download and study the rules

#17316 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you for this pardon my ignorance I don’t understand step 1 switch hits ? What do you mean switch hits where are they ?
I’m about to download and study the rules

If it gives you points it's a switch hit,a good spinner rip can be 20+ switch hits.

#17317 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Looks awesome…did someone just do up their own Mothra egg?

Yes, he made a mold for the egg put a pinball life shooter rod on it. Was $90 shipped.

#17318 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

If it gives you points it's a switch hit,a good spinner rip can be 20+ switch hits.

Ohhh okay I see

When you destroy the bridge is it supposed to stay up? Mine stays down … I’m confused as to the mechanism of the bridge

I notice my bridge isn’t completely flush and my ball has got stuck on the bridge a few times then when it does ball find mode the bridge drops the ball

Here is a pic ;

EF43D410-F222-4AC9-AD3E-02501000AAEC (resized).jpegEF43D410-F222-4AC9-AD3E-02501000AAEC (resized).jpeg

#17319 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I turned down my right flipper power and reduced my rejections significantly. I think the ball has too much speed hugging that left wall and then it gets thrown against that intersection point when the wall starts to curve to the right. I'm going to keep turning the power down until I see how low I can go and still make the shot consistently. It made a huge difference.

Interesting! Looks like mine was at 230, what did you set yours to?

#17320 1 year ago

After hundreds of plays over 3 mo, saw a new issue today with magma grab not holding the ball effectively. For example, DJ is lit, I hit the building, the magnet grabs the ball, but then a second later it let’s go of the ball. It happened a few times. Sometimes it seemed as if the magnet was just letting go prematurely (as opposed to the inertia of the ball being too much for the magnet to hold). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

#17321 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I made a change at the mechagodzilla turntable. Now no more ball hangs[quoted image]

What exactly was done here? Can you provide any details? I'd like to do a similar operation.

#17322 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

After hundreds of plays over 3 mo, saw a new issue today with magma grab not holding the ball effectively. For example, DJ is lit, I hit the building, the magnet grabs the ball, but then a second later it let’s go of the ball. It happened a few times. Sometimes it seemed as if the magnet was just letting go prematurely (as opposed to the inertia of the ball being too much for the magnet to hold). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

If another switch is detected the magna grab will abort and re-light destruction jackpot. Is that what’s happening?

#17323 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

If another switch is detected the magna grab will abort and re-light destruction jackpot. Is that what’s happening?

Oh really? That could be it. I’ll take a closer look. Next would be to figure out what switch has a problem. There was only one ball on the pf. I recently adjusted some stand ups targets to be more sensitive, so maybe too sensitive. Thanks for the lead. I’ll investigate.

#17324 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed the total carnage bonus score is not right when you have a multiplier?

710EC535-11D2-417E-9BC8-E97778B0DD1C (resized).jpeg710EC535-11D2-417E-9BC8-E97778B0DD1C (resized).jpeg
#17325 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

Has anyone else noticed the total carnage bonus score is not right when you have a multiplier?
[quoted image]

That's an odd one. And it's not just the multiplication that's off. Addition too.

#17326 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It clears the flathead?

Yes, the flathead screw definitely is not touched by the ball. I probably could have sunk the screw in a little deeper, but it wasn't necessary.

#17327 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

That's an odd one. And it's not just the multiplication that's off. Addition too.

Exactly. I’ve noticed it a few times but finally got a picture of it.

#17328 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Nice work, but why use a flat head screw that's not countersunk all the way? Doesn't that give you problems with the ball hitting it?
2 sided tape or even some rubber cement I think would hold the piece on there.

Ball clears the flathead screw with plenty to spare. I think I will countersink the screw in a bit more to improve the look. Flathead screws are used elsewhere in this game, so it's an appropriate screw to use.

#17329 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ohhh okay I see
When you destroy the bridge is it supposed to stay up? Mine stays down … I’m confused as to the mechanism of the bridge
I notice my bridge isn’t completely flush and my ball has got stuck on the bridge a few times then when it does ball find mode the bridge drops the ball

The plastic bridge pieces are probably too close together. Take a phillips screwdriver, loosen the black screws on the side and slide the pieces away from one another. I bet if you look at the clear bridge plastic pieces they are chewed up from hitting each other. I fixed mine yesterday.

#17330 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

[quoted image]

That’s bullsh*t!

#17331 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

[quoted image]

Yes. I’ve seen this happen quite a bit. Never sure exactly what’s up.

#17332 1 year ago

Is there any way to do software updates without signing up for Insider?

#17333 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

Is there any way to do software updates without signing up for Insider?

Of course. Download to a USB and follow the directions on the sticker in the backbox.

I assume you meant online-updates. You need to register your game with Stern as part of the network setup and for that, you need an IC account. Doesn't necessarily have to be your account, just an account that you have access to so you can verify during the process.

#17334 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

YES, exactly this for me also

#17335 1 year ago

Was offered a Godzilla Premium for my JP Premium. About the same number of games on each 100. Was more looking to sell JP, kids think it is too hard so it doesn't get a huge amount of play. What does anyone think about this trade? Keeping in mind kids think JP is too hard.

#17336 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Was offered a Godzilla Premium for my JP Premium. About the same number of games on each 100. Was more looking to sell JP, kids think it is too hard so it doesn't get a huge amount of play. What does anyone think about this trade? Keeping in mind kids think JP is too hard.

You'd better trade before he changes his mind. Gz shoots much smoother, my grandkids love it. Oldest is 11

#17337 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Yup, exactly, make the trade before the guy with the GZ gets cold feet

#17338 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Personally I always put side/mirror blades in as I think they’re a must .The game just doesn’t look finished without them imo.Some people don’t like the speaker lights because of the glare that they give .Like you said it’s all up to the owner what goes in it ,and what the sale price will be and on then other end ,what that person will pay .I threw some mirrors in last night .I like the Stern art blades for sure but I’m glad I installed these .Here’s some pics to help .I was wondering if I could take the stern art , overlay it and cut out a little here and there to get both effects kinda how Pingraffix does with they’re mirror blades .Might play around with this idea by printing the Stern art ones on paper to try a few styles to see what it looks like prior to making a decision .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any tips on installing these? I just got mine yesterday from PBL and have never installed blades at all. These ones stick on they aren't the screw on ones like the ones from CT.

#17339 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

My only 2 pins are JP and GZ, and yes, JP is much god damn harder lol. My longest game on it is probably 15 minutes, MAYBE 20, and it was when I got to the visitor center just one time. On GZ I have had 10+ games that are like 30+ minutes.

I did make some changes to JP to make it a little easier though. Initially I moved the outlane posts to make em as small as possible, but that still didn't do much. So I then basically upsized each post to make the outlanes even smaller. And still, it's not THAT much different on the outlanes lol. I did lower slingshot power though as well as flipper power, which seemed to help a bit.

But yeah, as far as difficulty goes, there is no comparison IMO - GZ is a lot easier to play than JP.

#17340 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

I've dug into this further, still seeing the problem (magna grab not holding the ball). I have checked switches and I cannot find any switch that may be activating incorrectly when the destruction jackpot sequence is happening. I have attached two videos of the problem. Also a video of the active switch test in case anyone can spot a switch that is active that should not be. Code version is latest, 1.03. The two magnet adjustments in settings are at the factory default values.

(magna grab)

(destruction jackpot)

(active switch test)

Thanks,
Jack

#17341 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I own both. In fact these are my only games. I love both but JP is a much harder game. I would make this trade without a thought, especially if you want a game for the kids to enjoy. I think they will find GZ to be easier and more fun.

#17342 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Any tips on installing these? I just got mine yesterday from PBL and have never installed blades at all. These ones stick on they aren't the screw on ones like the ones from CT.

I lifted the playfield all the way vertical. Placed the blades using some spring clamps and microfiber cloths and got them located properly. Then moved the the front clamp, gently bend the blade way and start peeling the backing. Went about halfway back and ripped it off then stuck down the front. Repeat the process for the back half.

#17343 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I've dug into this further, still seeing the problem (magna grab not holding the ball). I have checked switches and I cannot find any switch that may be activating incorrectly when the destruction jackpot sequence is happening. I have attached two videos of the problem. Also a video of the active switch test in case anyone can spot a switch that is active that should not be. Code version is latest, 1.03. The two magnet adjustments in settings are at the factory default values.
(magna grab)
(destruction jackpot)
(active switch test)
Thanks,
Jack

Check your skill shot switch (by the upper left flipper) & the shooter lane switch (where the ball rests before plunging). I don't think those should be activated

#17344 1 year ago

Thank you for the response. I will make the trade. It seems pricing is fairly similar, but seems from your response GZ commands a premium?

#17345 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

My 5yo, two 10yos, and 13yo all enjoy it every day. Premium

#17346 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

Thank you for the response. I will make the trade. It seems pricing is fairly similar, but seems from your response GZ commands a premium?

Everything being equal I would value them the same. They are both good games with deep rules and both are Premiums. If one has a lot of mods or any damage, that could affect the value. Assuming that’s not the case I would do an even trade.

#17347 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have the screw in ones they couldn’t be any easier .I’m not sure on those .Just make sure you get sideblades protectors before you install any .

#17348 1 year ago

So I just got my Godzilla premium does anyone know if the newer Godzilla have the shooter lane fix ?

I did order an Abe’s lane fix from ler mods and wondering if it’s still necessary

Shooter lane seems to be working flawlessly

#17349 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

So I just got my Godzilla premium does anyone know if the newer Godzilla have the shooter lane fix ?
I did order an Abe’s lane fix from ler mods and wondering if it’s still necessary
Shooter lane seems to be working flawlessly

I would be amazed if Stern actually changed something. If your game is shooting well no need for a fix. Consider posting some pics of the shooter lane and plunger. I am really curious.

#17350 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

[quoted image]

I had this happen yesterday and was pretty confused. Must be a bug that needs to be fixed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.