IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 544.
#17101 1 year ago

Just tried to update to V1.03.0 over wi-fi. When I go to software update and click the button the screen quickly flashes to V1.03.0 but doesn't want to start downloading as it just reverts back to V1.02.0. I haven't had any issue updating over my wi-fi previously since 0.98 came out. Any thoughts from the group?

#17102 1 year ago

Just try a usb update instead.

#17103 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

On the Magna-Grab (for magnetism) - as you see the video clip of towers getting magnetized to Godzilla's chest you can act early. Pressing the flipper buttons will release the ball earlier if you don't want to wait. Shoot the loop. Note - this is NOT the annihilation bonus where you get another bonus for looping. The annihilation bonus is a count down bonus and you have to wait for the ball to drop for it to start.
Imposter mode - if I remember in some of the Godzilla movies, other monsters/etc were imitating Godzilla - maybe Mecha-Godzilla in one movie and they caused damage that was blamed on Godzilla. See if this helps:
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Fake_Godzilla

Thanks , that makes sense .

#17104 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Just tried to update to V1.03.0 over wi-fi. When I go to software update and click the button the screen quickly flashes to V1.03.0 but doesn't want to start downloading as it just reverts back to V1.02.0. I haven't had any issue updating over my wi-fi previously since 0.98 came out. Any thoughts from the group?

Same thing just happened to me.

#17105 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Auto update isn't working for me. I see it finds 1.03 and looks like it's about to start the download and shows 0% downloaded but it quickly goes away and says it's up to date with 1.02.

Just checked and works.

#17106 1 year ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Just checked and works.

Thanks - seems to be working now... weird.

#17107 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

First time I've had Godzilla freeze and then reboot.
I was on my first ball and in London. Had Gigan battle going and also Godzilla Multiball. Gigan battle was counting down and I summoned Anguirus Add-a-ball and started to use the Heat Ray when the screen froze and then the rest of the machine shut down. After about 30 seconds, the game rebooted.
Stern Godzilla Premium Pinball 1.02.0 Code
I emailed Stern Bug Report.
I happened to get it on video...

Hopefully my video helped Stern lock down the problem and very glad they quickly updated the code to fix the bug!

#17108 1 year ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Just checked and works.

Yeah I just tried now and it appears to be working as it should. Thanks.

#17109 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

I contacted both Stern and my distributor, and this was covered under warranty. (Reported within a week of purchase)
The motor on the replacement building is in a different location vs the original. (Note the vertical orientation on the new vs the diagonal on the original). I wonder if those of you having this vibration issue have a building like originally installed on mine. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like I have the original one. I wonder why the original in some instances have the gears offset? Looks like I need to inquire with my distro and/or Stern. I've never done that, so please offer pointers if you have any.

#17110 1 year ago

I'm in the Club
I just picked up a pro yesterday. Code was 0.98.0 I think. (July 22 code)
Just updated it today at 9:00am to 0.1.02.0. played 6 games.
I Just logged in and see another new code.
Old code was new to me.

#17111 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Auto update isn't working for me. I see it finds 1.03 and looks like it's about to start the download and shows 0% downloaded but it quickly goes away and says it's up to date with 1.02.

did the same for me, i turned off and on the pinball machine, and waited 3 minutes, then it worked.

#17112 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Looks like I have the original one. I wonder why the original in some instances have the gears offset? Looks like I need to inquire with my distro and/or Stern. I've never done that, so please offer pointers if you have any.

The different motor positions are to accommodate different drive belt lengths. Look at the legend on the baseplate, 79T v 76T v 86T.

#17113 1 year ago

One little custom mod. A suicide run obviously!

20221130_154547 (resized).jpg20221130_154547 (resized).jpg
#17114 1 year ago

Custom green powder coat from Mi Pinball Refinery looks so cool (pics don't do it justice)!

20221124_150201 (resized).jpg20221124_150201 (resized).jpg20221124_150223 (resized).jpg20221124_150223 (resized).jpg

#17115 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Custom green powder coat from Mi Pinball Refinery looks so cool (pics don't do it justice)!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Some sort of vein color

Do you know which mix it is?

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors?q=Vein

I want something like that too

#17116 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Some sort of vein color
Do you know which mix it is?
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors?q=Vein
I want something like that too

It was a custom color Steve offered. I would assume he could do it again but you would have to ask him.

#17117 1 year ago

Just noticed the awesome new MechaGodzilla multiball effect. Such great code on this game.

#17118 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed an additional 2 loops added to the consecutive loops after about 3 or 4? It is happening regularly it seems.

#17119 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This is the same as on my Godzilla. Cool part is it's heavily UV reactive!
IMG_3672 (resized).JPGIMG_3672 (resized).JPG
IMG_3679 (resized).JPGIMG_3679 (resized).JPG
IMG_3953 (resized).JPGIMG_3953 (resized).JPG

#17120 1 year ago

So, since I updated to 1.03, I'm having an issue where when the white GI in the lower playfield dims in certain mode intros, it never comes back on ..

Restarting the machine restores the white GI in the lower playfield, but then it goes off during gameplay and doesn't come back on.

Happened on Fighter Attack, and on MechaG shield rotation so far... Can anyone else confirm?

#17121 1 year ago

Hmm... Tried triggering the mechaG shield rotation to make it happen again, but it behaved normally. Maybe it was just a chance thing...

#17122 1 year ago

Just picked god up recently and have been diving into all the old reviews , podcasts and yes …..Pinside One topic that kept popping up was the “Rattlesnake”.Ours has a clunky plunge also. Then ,for some reason I started spinning the knob as I was plunging and it’s game on ever since

#17123 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

The habitrail that feeds my right inlane has a “jump” to it - the ball bounces off the bottom before dropping into the inlane. I’ve put some light pressure trying to bend it into submission but haven’t been able to fix it.
Before I really start yoinking this thing does anyone have any tips or has experienced this before? My left habitrail is like butter compared to the right…

I’ve noticed the same thing on mine. I tried to bend the top up a bit but it’s not easy to do. I’m curious what others say as well.

#17124 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

I’ve noticed the same thing on mine. I tried to bend the top up a bit but it’s not easy to do. I’m curious what others say as well.

Same. I've tried tweaking lightly, but no luck. It's hard to flipper transfer off right side

#17125 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool looking....looks like Zilla's skin.

#17126 1 year ago

My son and I have been playing GZ Pro in our league for 8 months or so and now we've had about a month on our own GZ Premium. Very interesting the subtle differences between the two. Mechagodzilla multiball is much easier to activate on the premium because the jump ramp is wider than the spinner shot on the pro. But the building shot is tighter on the premium (when in the upper position). And the premium building alters the ball path from the ramps which adds bit of extra strategy. Regardless, both are fantastic pins!

#17127 1 year ago

I have the rattley plunger issue and I've already added the 3d printed ABE Flips piece but it's still rattley. What else should I do?

#17128 1 year ago

Game just crashed on me during play, never happened before. Video started stuttering and then it just rebooted while the ball was in the scoop. Don't like that one bit.

#17129 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I have the rattley plunger issue and I've already added the 3d printed ABE Flips piece but it's still rattley. What else should I do?

I’m in the same boat. It seems like my plunger spring is hitting its apex before it gets to the ball. And whatever sad energy is leftover is used to “launch” the ball.

#17130 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I’m in the same boat. It seems like my plunger spring is hitting its apex before it gets to the ball. And whatever sad energy is leftover is used to “launch” the ball.

I had the wrong exterior shooter spring in my August premium from the factory. It made the shooter tip fall short of its ideal spot. Here’s a pic of the wrong one, measuring 21mm. Stern replaced it for me. I think the proper one is supposed to be like 18mm? Can’t recall.

8EA762ED-1913-4BC8-A340-8FBADAEB8E7A (resized).jpeg8EA762ED-1913-4BC8-A340-8FBADAEB8E7A (resized).jpeg
#17131 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Game just crashed on me during play, never happened before. Video started stuttering and then it just rebooted while the ball was in the scoop. Don't like that one bit.

They just released code 1.03 where the only update from 1.02 was to fix a situation that could cause the game to reboot. Maybe that's what happened to you (if you aren't on 1.03)?

#17132 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

They just released code 1.03 where the only update from 1.02 was to fix a situation that could cause the game to reboot. Maybe that's what happened to you (if you aren't on 1.03)?

Yeah I'm updating right now. I don't get how this patch is 5Gb though.

#17133 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I had the wrong exterior shooter spring in my August premium from the factory. It made the shooter tip fall short of its ideal spot. Here’s a pic of the wrong one, measuring 21mm. Stern replaced it for me. I think the proper one is supposed to be like 18mm? Can’t recall. [quoted image]

Did it take care if the rattle? Our le has had issue since new, I put in a full length piece like Abe fix and it helps, Abe fix did not help

#17134 1 year ago
Quoted from JP76:

Yesterday I decided that nobody loves a coward and put more pressure on it - seems to have fixed things up. It was definitely “upward” pressure on the top rails at the bottom end of the run that seems to have worked for now. I’m not sure if it’ll last, I had some success trying this before but the problem came back. Glad to hear mines not a one-off problem.

#17135 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did it take care if the rattle? Our le has had issue since new, I put in a full length piece like Abe fix and it helps, Abe fix did not help

It improved my rattle along with centering the shooter rod on the ball through normal methods, but it didn’t fully fix it until I added the Abe fix. I realized this was an issue when I compared the top down view of my Mando, DP, and GZ, see pic.

5F6766E1-9A77-480B-A050-0F6B53074105 (resized).png5F6766E1-9A77-480B-A050-0F6B53074105 (resized).png
#17136 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

It improved my rattle along with centering the shooter rod on the ball through normal methods, but it didn’t fully fix it until I added the Abe fix. I realized this was an issue when I compared the top down view of my Mando, DP, and GZ, see pic.
[quoted image]

I have a few springs here, guess I'll be cutting one. Thx

#17137 1 year ago

Added my new GZ Start button today. Thank you Rocket City Pinball!

E94D2DD2-DD53-48E5-8EC9-325BF38CA82E (resized).jpegE94D2DD2-DD53-48E5-8EC9-325BF38CA82E (resized).jpeg
#17138 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

That's interesting...on my Premium the Abe Fix didn't seem to completely fix the problem either...now to go look and see where my shooter lies...

#17139 1 year ago

Here's what can happen if you get back in battle to quick.
I installed new code and while that was updating I put some Rockford Fosgate 5.25" speakers in.
I didn't notice until 3rd ball. Yes score sux, the hype is real.

PXL_20221201_160819938 (resized).jpgPXL_20221201_160819938 (resized).jpg
#17140 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I had the wrong exterior shooter spring in my August premium from the factory. It made the shooter tip fall short of its ideal spot. Here’s a pic of the wrong one, measuring 21mm. Stern replaced it for me. I think the proper one is supposed to be like 18mm? Can’t recall. [quoted image]

Thanks--it's interesting, I'm currently using the upgraded Mothra Egg rod, but I had the same issues with the original. Like you, I just looked at the positioning between my DP and the Godzilla shooter tips, and the Godzilla is much farther back, likely causing this.

#17141 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here's what can happen if you get back in battle to quick.
I installed new code and while that was updating I put some Rockford Fosgate 5.25" speakers in.
I didn't notice until 3rd ball. Yes score sux, the hype is real.
[quoted image]

You turned the GZ world upside down!

#17142 1 year ago

I was thinking the shooter rod was setup improperly the other day. For one I hate the factory one. But also seems like the barrel spring is too big or too many washers in it?

#17143 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:I have the rattley plunger issue and I've already added the 3d printed ABE Flips piece but it's still rattley. What else should I do?

Here is everything I had to do

Install pf stabilizing brackets (my game came without them and the back and forth play in the playfield meant the shooter rod could not be consistently centered on the ball).

Adjust the shooter rod housing to center plunger on ball horizontal/vertically.

Replace outer spring with a shorter spring so plunger tip is closer to ball.

Abe fix was the icing on cake that made it very consistent. Although I made my own it was based on Abe’s findings.

If you search for my posts in this thread you can find more details.

Love GZ, but really surprisingly bad all I had to do for the game to do a very basic pinball thing - shoot straight.

#17144 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

[quoted image]

You know, I never actually measured the replacement they sent me, because I had swapped in a shorter external barrel spring (~18mm instead of 20+mm), and it helped quite a bit (made it look like the same alignment as other sterns). However, I just now measured the replacement and it is ~20mm as well. I went and remeasured my JP and DP barrel springs, and they are not too far from 20mm either (maybe a little shorter, perhaps due to compression over time).
So, I really don't know why GZ shooter rod is different, but I do believe that the shorter barrel spring helped, it was the biggest improvement before the Abe Flips (nearly?) fully fixed it.

Side note, I'd really love to find an affordable, nice replacement to the standard shooter; I can't bring myself to pay for the egg, but I do love the feel of the JP official rod upgrade.

#17145 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

You turned the GZ world upside down!

That's a machine destined for the Australia market.

#17146 1 year ago

I was asked where I bent my habitrail to stop the ball from bouncing before it drops into the right inlane. Basically just increased the gap between the top and bottom at the very end of the wire form. Not sure if it’ll stick but it seemed to fix it for now. I’m not sure how much force they can take without breaking, bend at your own peril.

0C274494-4D37-451A-92B3-9FF7D217C95B (resized).jpeg0C274494-4D37-451A-92B3-9FF7D217C95B (resized).jpeg
#17147 1 year ago

For the abe flips fix, a little ball collision can happen one the transition from the metal (below the level) to the start of the plastic.
Thats why i prefer the full ballguide.

I have had also still some balls rattling after the cheap fix. Maybe someone replace the metal, and put in a longer piece to test this out. It should be no problem to update the 3d print file.

Also notice that for very slow plunging balls the rattling accours due to the cross/diagonal ball exit ramp. The ball will fall off to the left naturally if its too slow.
Abe Flips Fix (resized).jpgAbe Flips Fix (resized).jpg

#17148 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For the abe flips fix, a little ball collision can happen one the transition from the metal (below the level) to the start of the plastic.
Thats why i prefer the full ballguide.
I have had also still some balls rattling after the cheap fix. Maybe someone replace the metal, and put in a longer piece to test this out. It should be no problem to update the 3d print file.
Also notice that for very slow plunging balls the rattling accours due to the cross/diagonal ball exit ramp. The ball will fall off to the left naturally if its too slow.
[quoted image]

Is someone offering that full metal version? Even though I rarely had plunge rattles, I did make my own plastic version, but that full metal version looks pretty sweet!

#17149 1 year ago

Should the magnet on the underside be loose? I guess not. How do you tighten it? The large nut and threaded screw? I thought they raised and lowered the metal core.
thx

#17150 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

Should the magnet on the underside be loose? I guess not. How do you tighten it? The large nut and threaded screw? I thought they raised and lowered the metal core.
thx

Some big channel locks or big adjustable wrench. But yes it should be tight and I believe flush with playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/343?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.