gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 547.
#17051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings everyone, hope you all are having a great start to the holiday season!
We publish this comparison from time to time as taken from the various posts out there. Below are some things to think about and no knock on anyone's approach:
1) To DIY your realized cost is going to be about the same, but it will be difficult to match PinWoofer's integration and outcome.
2) The time to install the PinWoofer kit is approximately 30–60 minutes and this is likely about the time required to only come up with a plan and order ones own parts, let alone doing the actual install.
3) DIY install time is going to vary widely but it will be on the order of hours if not days.
4) Odds of failure are higher, and Amazon does not provide pinball audio support.
5) After the money is spent, there is little or no brand recognition for the mixed parts added so it will be difficult to convince a buyer that your upgrades command a higher selling price.
Spike-2 Super Kit:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Thanks for your attention and have a stellar day!
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri[quoted image]

I'm sure more people recognize Kicker and JBL than Pinwoofer. Not saying your product isn't good and you could argue better but sorry your name recognition is not even close.

#17052 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Whoa! This link was super helpful.. Had no idea it was this simple (and cheap - especially today with cyber Monday deals going on) to do this... I might pull the trigger on the first column option and see how it goes.. Have you done this? For a non-audiophile, would I notice a significant difference between stock and column A?

Glad it helped! I’m not an audiophile and I definitely noticed a difference. For $75 it is totally worth giving it a shot! Good luck, feel free to shoot me any Qs!

I also tried adding an amp into one machine, and it also helps further, but honestly not worth it for me to do on all machines; the $80-$120 speakers upgrade is a huge lift on its own. Also the amp requires more cable-running, and at that point the Pinwoofer kit becomes a lot more worth it for me. Either way you’ll be happy with the results, PW definitely wins for ease and would be a great choice too.

I’ve got a pin set up on each of the three columns, and all hooked into the same external subwoofer. I’m using pinwoofers sub mixer for that.

#17053 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm sure more people recognize Kicker and JBL than Pinwoofer. Not saying your product isn't good and you could argue better but sorry your name recognition is not even close.

I've tried kicker, pinball life , Kenwood speakers, nothing comes remotely close to pinwoofers kits.

#17054 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've tried kicker, pinball life , Kenwood speakers, nothing comes remotely close to pinwoofers kits.

I'm not talking about quality since I'm not using them but if I tell my friends I have a pinwoofer kit they would stare blankly at me but when I tell them I have Kicker and JBL they're like DAMN!!!!

#17055 1 year ago

I watched some of the DeadFlip stream of the Godzilla 1.0 last night, popped up in my YouTube recs.

I haven't touched a new game since Keith's Jurassic Park, just out of the new pinball loop since the pandemic really.

I'm afraid to play Godzilla, because I might want one if I do.

#17056 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I watched some of the DeadFlip stream of the Godzilla 1.0 last night, popped up in my YouTube recs.
I haven't touched a new game since Keith's Jurassic Park, just out of the new pinball loop since the pandemic really.

Be afraid, be very afraid

#17057 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No " might" after you play.

#17058 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Best flippin’ pin I’ve ever played!

#17059 1 year ago

What’s the adjustment for the building down vibration? That’s not normal right?

#17060 1 year ago

Would anyone out there like they’re spinners to spin like Del’s car did trying to get Neal home when you hit select to battle EBIRAH? Then go with this ! Shake well , spray real quick like on a napkin , gather with a Q tip , and slightly rub on all 6 bearings .It’s a dry gel that doesn’t splash ,does it’s job , and lasts It puts the R in Rip !

0095358C-7C49-4A71-AA56-9B03531832B8 (resized).png0095358C-7C49-4A71-AA56-9B03531832B8 (resized).png741CF13D-13C7-4AF8-A453-4FDF5283AD1C (resized).jpeg741CF13D-13C7-4AF8-A453-4FDF5283AD1C (resized).jpeg9959D4A3-78DC-4259-8527-86F02484E172 (resized).png9959D4A3-78DC-4259-8527-86F02484E172 (resized).png9EB244D3-23B1-44C4-9E5C-E5863DC129E8 (resized).jpeg9EB244D3-23B1-44C4-9E5C-E5863DC129E8 (resized).jpeg9EF1C474-BD8C-45CB-B035-2504142B1064 (resized).png9EF1C474-BD8C-45CB-B035-2504142B1064 (resized).png
#17061 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Not sure there’s an easy fix. Stern support sent me a replacement for my building that had this issue. Installation was straightforward and the new building is working well, no more vibrations.

#17062 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

Not sure there’s an easy fix. Stern support sent me a replacement for my building that had this issue. Installation was straightforward and the new building is working well, no more vibrations.

Oh that kinda sucks. Did you contact your distributor or Stern directly?

#17064 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quoted from Aurich:

I've owned quite a few great games over the years. The only reason I don't say GZ is right at the top of the list with the greatest is time. I've only owned it for 6 months. And that seems too short to crown it. However I can say that after 6 months, the game still feels new to me. It has that special something that makes me love a game, multiple ways to approach it. It has objectives that are easy, and others that are difficult. And when you get on a roll, the game is just wonderful. This game really is the whole package. The layout is fantastic, and the code is ... amazing. There are a couple minor things I'd want tweaked*, but it seems like they keep addressing them in the updates.

I had completely stopped buying NIB games. But then I played GZ, and I had to get one after that. The game is that much better than everything else out there. I realize others will disagree with me. No single game is for everyone. But for me, this game is an absolute home run. Just ignore the hype (including mine) and play it. If the game sings to you, it is worth it.

* = The one thing I would tweak is the final shot of some things. At times there is so much going on to keep track of, that I don't know where to shoot. 3 different colors flashing in an insert, while a different shot is the right one is tough to see sometimes. But I'm learning them. The screen tells you, but it helps to have someone else reading it in some cases. But really, that is such a tiny nitpick in such a great game. All it tells me is that I need to still learn the game better, and play better.

#17065 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I had completely stopped buying NIB games. But then I played GZ, and I had to get one after that. The game is that much better than everything else out there. I realize others will disagree with me. No single game is for everyone. But for me, this game is an absolute home run. Just ignore the hype (including mine) and play it. If the game sings to you, it is worth it.

If I really want something then it's "one in, one out". When I sell my Shadow I've left the hobby. So it's just a matter of being willing to give up Tron or Metallica at this point, and liking something enough to make that happen.

Not impossible, see how the cards play out. I always prefer trying to get the Premium versions of games though, and man, that price tag is steep now. What's the MSRP now? It's over $9k right?

I guess with the market now a pimped out Tron or a Metallica LE can get me there, but yeesh.

#17066 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

Man, that sucks. Mine does this, obviously from my videos. Oddly, when the game ends and balls are on the roof it lowers and raises smoothly 100% of the time. I don't understand why it rattles sometimes in game and is smooth during reset. I'd like to know if this is through Stern or the Distro too. I need to decide what to do.

#17067 1 year ago

Quoted from medeski7:

Man, that sucks. Mine does this, obviously from my videos. Oddly, when the game ends and balls are on the roof it lowers and raises smoothly 100% of the time. I don't understand why it rattles sometimes in game and is smooth during reset. I'd like to know if this is through Stern or the Distro too. I need to decide what to do.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I experienced this as well, on the 26th game played.

I just added a shaker motor in the past few days, so now this is somewhat hard to detect, although it seems that the shaker is aggravating the building shake. I think I'm going to get in touch with Stern, just to be sure.

#17068 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I experienced this as well, on the 26th game played.
I just added a shaker motor in the past few days, so now this is somewhat hard to detect, although it seems that the shaker is aggravating the building shake. I think I'm going to get in touch with Stern, just to be sure.

Lets us know what they say. Also speaking of shaker motors. I can see the t nuts under the cabinet for a shaker. But from the inside of the cabinet they didn’t come through or even mark where they are. Anyone else have this issue?

#17069 1 year ago

Tighten the nuts on the bottom of the building. Fixed it for me. They are inside the building - it's not super obvious which ones need to be tightened. Mine was making a pretty bad noise but it didn't do it 100% of the time.

#17070 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I really want something then it's "one in, one out". When I sell my Shadow I've left the hobby. So it's just a matter of being willing to give up Tron or Metallica at this point, and liking something enough to make that happen.
Not impossible, see how the cards play out. I always prefer trying to get the Premium versions of games though, and man, that price tag is steep now. What's the MSRP now? It's over $9k right?
I guess with the market now a pimped out Tron or a Metallica LE can get me there, but yeesh.

Aurich:
You can get 9k for your Tron and get a premium Godzilla. Trust me. You’ll be happy you did.

#17071 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Happy to help ya get rid of your met le

#17072 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Tighten the nuts on the bottom of the building. Fixed it for me. They are inside the building - it's not super obvious which ones need to be tightened. Mine was making a pretty bad noise but it didn't do it 100% of the time.

I notice about an 1/8 of an inch play back and forth on the building. So I think I just need to figure out which screws to tighten. Because when the building is rattled when going down. If I straighten it out the rattling stops.

#17073 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I contacted both Stern and my distributor, and this was covered under warranty. (Reported within a week of purchase)

The motor on the replacement building is in a different location vs the original. (Note the vertical orientation on the new vs the diagonal on the original). I wonder if those of you having this vibration issue have a building like originally installed on mine.

33D97C00-C88B-44BE-BD92-B2B073F00BA1 (resized).jpeg33D97C00-C88B-44BE-BD92-B2B073F00BA1 (resized).jpegFFC072D0-7C4F-4F94-8717-981F62309992 (resized).jpegFFC072D0-7C4F-4F94-8717-981F62309992 (resized).jpeg
#17074 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So it's just a matter of being willing to give up Tron or Metallica at this point

Never sell a game you still love to play. Even for GZ.

#17075 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

I contacted both Stern and my distributor, and this was covered under warranty. (Reported within a week of purchase)
The motor on the replacement building is in a different location vs the original. (Note the vertical orientation on the new vs the diagonal on the original). I wonder if those of you having this vibration issue have a building like originally installed on mine. [quoted image][quoted image]

I have the replacement

5794F57D-39B6-4190-8812-123FE1B9F491 (resized).jpeg5794F57D-39B6-4190-8812-123FE1B9F491 (resized).jpeg
#17076 1 year ago

It’s the angle at which the building is in when the playfield is down. I did the test 10 times with the playfield up and it would not rattle. Put the playfield down to normal position and it rattles. Once I touch the building it stops. So just need to figure out if there’s an adjustment. The only thing I’m concerned about if there is after pitch adjustment that the ball may hit the building when going in. Not much room there from the playfield and the build to adjust before the ball will hit.

#17077 1 year ago

Lets us know what they say. Also speaking of shaker motors. I can see the t nuts under the cabinet for a shaker. But from the inside of the cabinet they didn’t come through or even mark where they are. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you sure it didn't come all the way through? Sometimes the piece of wood covering the hole not punched out all the way. Take a thin screwdriver and from underneath the cabinet tap lightly through t not hole. Most likely the little wood circle just didn't pop out when they drilled it, I've had this problem before. A light tap pushes out the little piece of wood.

#17078 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Are you sure it didn't come all the way through? Sometimes the piece of wood covering the hole not punched out all the way. Take a thin screwdriver and from underneath the cabinet tap lightly through t not hole. Most likely the little wood circle just didn't pop out when they drilled it, I've had this problem before. A light tap pushes out the little piece of wood.

Yep you’re correct just the thinnest wood pushed through! Thanks

#17079 1 year ago

I noticed that balls coming into the building from the ramps were not smoothly transitioning from ramp to building to ramp. There were places were the ball seemed to "skip" when going from one to the other. I also noticed that the building was slightly clunky on the way down. This had just started about a couple weeks ago. I finally got a chance to look at it this weekend and found one very loose nut under the playfield that, when tightened, corrected the ball skip I was seeing but the building was still clunky when lowering and raising. I believe by tightening that bolt, it changed the position of the building a bit. Perhaps somewhat related to that, the rear right ramp was interfering with the building movement. I had to reposition that ramp away from the building just slightly, which addressed the clunk, too. All seems to be moving smoothly and freely now. I don't know if this will help address any issue(s) anyone else is having but thought I would share some easy fixes that worked for me.

#17080 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Never sell a game you still love to play. Even for GZ.

I don't really play *any* of them honestly, pinball just not a big part of my life right now. And maybe a new game is what i need to spark that.

Thing is when I started selling off the 11 it got harder and harder to let them go. Last one to leave was TNA and I regret it, but at the time of the 4 it just made the most sense. Mostly because I wanted Tron and Metallica for unfinished mod ideas. I miss it now.

I dunno, maybe when this Tron topper run is done I'll feel like I could let Tron go, we'll see.

I'm only interested in sk8ball games right now if I'm adding something though.

#17081 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't really play *any* of them honestly, pinball just not a big part of my life right now. And maybe a new game is what i need to spark that.
Thing is when I started selling off the 11 it got harder and harder to let them go. Last one to leave was TNA and I regret it, but at the time of the 4 it just made the most sense. Mostly because I wanted Tron and Metallica for unfinished mod ideas. I miss it now.
I dunno, maybe when this Tron topper run is done I'll feel like I could let Tron go, we'll see.
I'm only interested in sk8ball games right now if I'm adding something though.

The Godzilla craze is real! I just smile walking by mine. Fast and furious, unique shots and buttery smooth.

#17082 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The Godzilla craze is real! I just smile walking by mine. Fast and furious, unique shots and buttery smooth.

Stop.

You Kool-Aid drinkers are not helping any!

#17083 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stop.
You Kool-Aid drinkers are not helping any!

Hadn’t added a pin new or old in like 8 or 9 years. Played a nice Godzilla at a bowling alley and a few months later a new premium was sitting in my basement. Beware

#17084 1 year ago

Jack Newbie question. I've had my GZ pro a few months now, my first NIB. I've added a shaker motor and art blades but nothing else. Is there anything basic I should add to protect the machine in the long run? (those plastic leg guards? shooter lane protector? (what is that anyway?)) This game seems bulletproof and is just going to see light home use, but i do want to keep it cherry! Thanks (and feel free to point me to another post/thread where this is covered).

#17085 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This. When GZ was released I wasn't wowed at all. Especially didn't like the theme. Boy was I wrong. Absolutely next level game. The geometry is unbelievably good. The code is amazing. Love my Premium!

#17086 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Jack Newbie question. I've had my GZ pro a few months now, my first NIB. I've added a shaker motor and art blades but nothing else. Is there anything basic I should add to protect the machine in the long run? (those plastic leg guards? shooter lane protector? (what is that anyway?)) This game seems bulletproof and is just going to see light home use, but i do want to keep it cherry! Thanks (and feel free to point me to another post/thread where this is covered).

So long as you clean the machine down regularly and replace the balls occasionally then there isn’t too much to do.

If you are worried about the playfield showing tiny golf-ball dimple impressions then you can opt for a playfield protector. The vast majority don’t bother with this and just enjoy the game knowing they will last a very long time if you take care of the basics.

The shooter lane is where the ball is plunged from. You can protect it from chipping and dirt with a plastic protector or Mylar which are both very easy to do. While you are at it, turn down your ball trough eject power to around 170.

#17087 1 year ago

It’s taken me a year to beat 7 consecutive loops (a Pro on location on 2021 and a Prem at home since October 2022) but I finally did it tonight!

It might not do a lot for scoring or progression but man I’m happy about this one.

D38B7052-5DBC-4652-9ADD-7EFF25A68680 (resized).jpegD38B7052-5DBC-4652-9ADD-7EFF25A68680 (resized).jpeg
#17088 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Turn down the trough eject power as low as you can and it can still kick the ball out. Put Mylar down right where the back comes out into the shooter lane.

Clean the game when you see ball dirt trails.

Replace the balls when they start to look dull.

Enjoy!

#17089 1 year ago
Quoted from joolsvstheworld:

It’s taken me a year to beat 7 consecutive loops (a Pro on location on 2021 and a Prem at home since October 2022) but I finally did it tonight!
It might not do a lot for scoring or progression but man I’m happy about this one.
[quoted image]

I went crazy when I hit four in a row. I can imagine what 10 did to you.

#17090 1 year ago

This is the other solution for your issue and this one worked for me. I had the same problem.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316#post-7199283

Quoted from crunchysue:

A new problem with my GZ Premium: sometimes the ball goes into the building, when lock is lit, and doesn't come out. I can sometimes reproduce this in switch test. The VUK Opto registers, but the VUK doesn't fire. It doesn't happen all the time in play, nor all the time in switch testing. I can't see the ball when it gets lost like that, but a ball search will cause the VUK to shoot it up, so I assume it's sitting in the little subway right on top of the VUK. I've removed that little subway, and there are no obstructions in it. If I physically lift up the front of the machine, the VUK will notice the ball, and shoot it up to the roof (if it's in switch test, where the tilt won't matter).
At first I thought maybe it was because I had the pitch at 7.5, so I lowered it to 6.8 (boy, does it seem floaty now!), but that made balls get lost more often. It is perfectly level side to side at the top of the playfield, and off by 0.1 at the bottom, as measured with a digital level (not a phone).
I've read this whole thread, and I don't remember seeing this issue. Couldn't find any mention of it by searching, either. Thanks for any help you can offer!

#17091 1 year ago

I see I was late in my response to this today and you got it fixed. The washer solution for me has been going strong for weeks.

Quoted from crunchysue:

The cardboard worked great until I put the glass back on, then it failed on the first game. I ended up putting in the washers, and I haven't had any lost balls yet. Time will tell if it really did work!

#17092 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector
I put these on all our pins first day

#17093 1 year ago

The habitrail that feeds my right inlane has a “jump” to it - the ball bounces off the bottom before dropping into the inlane. I’ve put some light pressure trying to bend it into submission but haven’t been able to fix it.

Before I really start yoinking this thing does anyone have any tips or has experienced this before? My left habitrail is like butter compared to the right…

#17094 1 year ago

I prefer cliffy protector . Note: it will last the lifetime of your machine!
Passionforpinball.com
http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#17095 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I prefer cliffy protector . Note: it will last the lifetime of your machine!
Passionforpinball.com
http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Both are fine, just a suggestion

#17096 1 year ago

Another code drop? wth. Did something break last code?

#17097 1 year ago

Heat ray was causing crashes.

#17098 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Heat ray was causing crashes.

I had this exact issue, thought it was a one-time issue or something up with my game. Glad they fixed it. Game would lock up and all lights would go out. Only way to fix it was to turn the game off.

#17099 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had this exact issue, thought it was a one-time issue or something up with my game. Glad they fixed it. Game would lock up and all lights would go out. Only way to fix it was to turn the game off.

Yup, quick fix.

V1.03.0 - November 29th, 2022
=============================
- Heat Ray - fixed an issue where the game would crash occasionally when using the Heat Ray to complete shots for the following modes:
- Godzilla vs. Gigan
- Tesla Strike
- Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan vs. King Ghidorah

#17100 1 year ago

Auto update isn't working for me. I see it finds 1.03 and looks like it's about to start the download and shows 0% downloaded but it quickly goes away and says it's up to date with 1.02.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/342 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.