Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 547.
#16951 1 year ago

And now for another edition of Find the Ball...

20221124_190131 (resized).jpg20221124_190131 (resized).jpg
#16952 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

[quoted image]

Nice catch mecha

#16953 1 year ago

I had a nice Saucer Attack Multiball today!

IMG_3463 (resized).JPGIMG_3463 (resized).JPG
#16954 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

[quoted image]

Wow, how did it get up there off the wire form or an air ball?

#16955 1 year ago

Today , I had all 3 balls on top of building for multi ball and nothing happened.
Building went up and down.
Ball search started. Another ball came out
Played that ball and the whole system went out of sync.
Eventually the balls on the building were released .
Multi ball started and while that happened one ball went back up on building and stayed there.

#16956 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Today , I had all 3 balls on top of building for multi ball and nothing happened.
Building went up and down.
Ball search started. Another ball came out
Played that ball and the whole system went out of sync.
Eventually the balls on the building were released .
Multi ball started and while that happened one ball went back up on building and stayed there.

Check the function of the building "Exit' opto switch on top of the building. Wire broke on mine and similar happened.

#16957 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

sarty51
My GZ has the same vertical lines. I’ve seen it on many newer sterns. Was this the playfield they were going to replace for you?

I have been seeing this since 2017.

#16958 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Check the function of the building "Exit' opto switch on top of the building. Wire broke on mine and similar happened.

Ugh , ok I’ll take a look
Only happened once

#16959 1 year ago

One more….
Every once in awhile I get a ball not shoots on top of building for multiball.
It cycles through the find ball then shoots up.
Is this a magnetized ball issue or something else?

#16960 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

One more….
Every once in awhile I get a ball that doesn’t shoot on top of building for multiball.
It cycles through the find ball then shoots up.
Is this a magnetized ball issue or something else?

#16961 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I joined the GZ club today. I picked up a premium from the local shipping depot and........a big tear in the lower part of the box. There is a five inch tear along with a few smaller ones on the right side of the cabinet. It is right where the bug's wing enters its body. I initially refused shipment and called Tilt Amusements. Troy said he would need to refund my money and I would have to wait for the next available machine. That could be another six to nine months. The other option was to accept the machine, send Tilt some photos of the damage and they would ship me a new cabinet side decal. If nothing else I can hold onto the new decal if I ever sell the GZ. I opted to keep the machine. I can't wait to get it set up and going. That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your plan works fine, that’s what I would have done.

#16962 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wow, how did it get up there off the wire form or an air ball?

Air Ball. Sometimes it comes around from the center spinner, down to the left flipper with speed, then up right right spinner and arm of mech..

#16963 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I ordered a full kit when they came out and went back to regular flippers with just the bushings. I didn’t like the extra bounce of the full metal flippers. I think the bushings are the most important part imo. I do want to try the halos at some point since people say they “feel” more like the normal ones for catches, dead bounces, ect.

the bounce is stronger with the the full metal ones and less with the halos from what i have seen.

I played my first game with the new code and collected all imposters without even noticing. That does not feel right.
Maybe changing the setting, so that if the magnet doesn't grab the ball, the magna grab is lit again for a second try.
So you can experience the imposter again and dont collect the 4/4 accidentally.

#16964 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

[quoted image]

Seems to be very common
DB024197-FD54-489D-B860-BB4405CE8C86 (resized).jpegDB024197-FD54-489D-B860-BB4405CE8C86 (resized).jpeg

#16965 1 year ago

I kind of get the rules for the imposters, but I don’t understand the lore behind it. Is there something in the Godzilla movies about imposters?

#16966 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

the bounce is stronger with the the full metal ones and less with the halos from what i have seen.
I played my first game with the new code and collected all imposters without even noticing. That does not feel right.
Maybe changing the setting, so that if the magnet doesn't grab the ball, the magna grab is lit again for a second try.
So you can experience the imposter again and dont collect the 4/4 accidentally.

I got 4/4 imposters last night. I don't even know what imposters are for crying out loud.

I got the option to "collect" them from a scoop shot, got 250,000,000 from it.

#16967 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I got 4/4 imposters last night. I don't even know what imposters are for crying out loud.
I got the option to "collect" them from a scoop shot, got 250,000,000 from it.

Seems like it must be a bug. There's a power up available to collect one imposter, but it doesn't seem like it should award all 4. Unless the new code changed it.

#16968 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seems like it must be a bug. There's a power up available to collect one imposter, but it doesn't seem like it should award all 4. Unless the new code changed it.

Could I have actually earned them? it would have been unknowingly.
I had a 1.15 billion game.

I seriously need to sit down and read the rules booklet I printed off.

#16969 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?

That’s only a tough one because they have been difficult to get. But 6-9 months now seems punitive.

If it was the head, absolutely keep. Head decals are easy to do, and even replacing it if it’s damaged is pretty easy. The body decal is a bunch more work, and you’re unlikely to do a good job on your first crack at it. So that would have been a much longer chat with it my distributor.

#16970 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I kind of get the rules for the imposters, but I don’t understand the lore behind it. Is there something in the Godzilla movies about imposters?

Kind of. When Mechagodzilla (and Mecha-kong, although Godzilla is not in that movie) is first introduced, he looks exactly like Godzilla. Later in the movie his skin gets ripped off and it’s clear he’s a robot

#16971 1 year ago

May I ask where you found said rules booklet? I’m familiar with the rules at tilt forums but would love a nice printable format.

#16972 1 year ago

Anyone know who makes the HD Glass for Stern?

#16973 1 year ago

It’s possible you earned them of course. I might have missed seeing it in the rules, and I’ve never noticed it in a game yet playing multiple times through Planet X. I haven’t played on the new code though.

I thought imposters were only awarded when you earn them from a magma grab (no need to collect at the scoop). And I thought the only scoop collect for one is a power up award you can choose.

Haven’t seen any collect all four before but there could be something in the rules that does it and I hadn’t noticed it.

#16974 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

May I ask where you found said rules booklet? I’m familiar with the rules at tilt forums but would love a nice printable format.

I formatted a printable version a couple months ago here:
http://bit.ly/gz-rules

#16975 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

Here is the Stern rules PDF https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#16976 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I think I may have printed off the Tilt Forums on and tossed into a doutang.
I'll also have to check out these stern ones

#16977 1 year ago

Stumblor's Tokyo Neon Sign mode is a MUST!

Quoted from Paseb:

new owner here, first NIB! getting the pin during lunch time today.
already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
-lermods shooter lane fix
-hurry up multi-ball sdtm
-doug speaker light kit flame/building
what's next !?!

#16978 1 year ago

Impostors way easier to get now. After magna grab, awarded if ball goes behind the flipper either from the top or the bottom. Doesn't have to go all the way, either way, and I it feels like a significantly longer timer than before.

#16979 1 year ago

Going to admit my ignorance. I've read the rules, but I don't understand Imposter battles. Are you supposed to stick the magna-grab then while it's swinging release it to the spinner lane behind the upper flipper? Or is it simply shoot the loop after a magna-grab?

Also, Is it a single reward or can you continue and build like the super trains?

Thanks

(edit. literally hit post as the above refreshed)

#16980 1 year ago

I also added an MRS switch now above my upper flipper. Maybe it's actually registering many more now that it's there

#16981 1 year ago

Updated to 1.02. Unfortunately, they didn’t fix the issue with Insider Connected using your user name for high scores instead of your initials.

#16982 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

Sterns website

#16983 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Updated to 1.02. Unfortunately, they didn’t fix the issue with Insider Connected using your user name for high scores instead of your initials.

It shows my name on my machine. It's a setting where you have to change it from initials to name in the service menu.

#16984 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It shows my name on my machine. It's a setting where you have to change it from initials to name in the service menu.

I don’t think so. My high scores are set to initials but when I log in with Insider Connected, it uses my user name instead. I don’t see any other settings unless I’m missing something.

#16985 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t think so. My high scores are set to initials but when I log in with Insider Connected, it uses my user name instead. I don’t see any other settings unless I’m missing something.

You have to set high score to 10 characters in the settings.

#16986 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah if you have it set to initials, it's going to show initials.

As Tomass mentioned, you have to change the setting in the service menu to 10 characters.

#16987 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah if you have it set to initials, it's going to show initials.
As Tomass mentioned, you have to change the setting in the service menu to 10 characters.

I think Nokoro is saying he has it set to initials but it's still showing username.

#16988 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think Nokoro is saying he has it set to initials but it's still showing username.

Yup he's talking about where some insider connect games show name some show initials its been that way since launch. It always gives you the option to change when you get on the board so it doesn't bother me

#16989 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Correct.

Quoted from MacGruber:

Yup he's talking about where some insider connect games show name some show initials its been that way since launch. It always gives you the option to change when you get on the board so it doesn't bother me

Ah. I didn’t know you could change if you were logged in. I’ll try that. Thanks.

#16990 1 year ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Going to admit my ignorance. I've read the rules, but I don't understand Imposter battles. Are you supposed to stick the magna-grab then while it's swinging release it to the spinner lane behind the upper flipper? Or is it simply shoot the loop after a magna-grab?
Also, Is it a single reward or can you continue and build like the super trains?
Thanks
(edit. literally hit post as the above refreshed)

You can release the magma grab when you want ?

#16991 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

Seems to be very common
[quoted image]

I have not had that happen but here and there a bell will hit his arm and fall into the wireform lije JP .

#16992 1 year ago

On the Magna-Grab (for magnetism) - as you see the video clip of towers getting magnetized to Godzilla's chest you can act early. Pressing the flipper buttons will release the ball earlier if you don't want to wait. Shoot the loop. Note - this is NOT the annihilation bonus where you get another bonus for looping. The annihilation bonus is a count down bonus and you have to wait for the ball to drop for it to start.

Imposter mode - if I remember in some of the Godzilla movies, other monsters/etc were imitating Godzilla - maybe Mecha-Godzilla in one movie and they caused damage that was blamed on Godzilla. See if this helps:

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Fake_Godzilla

Quoted from Kkoss24:

You can release the magma grab when you want ?

#16993 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

With the type 14 (Flamin' Frames), by Dec 1st I should have all of the orders filled through the beginning of July. All of my other 13 light kit types are still shipping in 0 - 3 days of their orders being placed.
Doug (SpeakerLightkits.com)

Doug, any work on an estimated timeline for new orders for flamin frames (if placed today)?

#16994 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Doug, any work on an estimated timeline for new orders for flamin frames (if placed today)?

Quoted from DugFreez:

With the type 14 (Flamin' Frames), by Dec 1st I should have all of the orders filled through the beginning of July. All of my other 13 light kit types are still shipping in 0 - 3 days of their orders being placed.
Doug (SpeakerLightkits.com)

I posted that a day ago, not much has changed since then. The wait time should shorten as there are fewer orders placed for them now than when they first went on sale, but I'm not willing to give any estimates.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#16995 1 year ago

Hi all,

Today the magnet on my Mechagodzilla and the whole two inch bolt thing it's fastened to fell out. All that's left is a hole with a washer sitting in it. Even looks like there could be some damage on the plastic around the edges of the hole. Curious if others have experienced this and what the fix entailed. Thanks.

#16996 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Like your moxie kid asking him a question. Brave you are lol.

#16997 1 year ago

First time I've had Godzilla freeze and then reboot.
I was on my first ball and in London. Had Gigan battle going and also Godzilla Multiball. Gigan battle was counting down and I summoned Anguirus Add-a-ball and started to use the Heat Ray when the screen froze and then the rest of the machine shut down. After about 30 seconds, the game rebooted.
Stern Godzilla Premium Pinball 1.02.0 Code
I emailed Stern Bug Report.
I happened to get it on video...

#16998 1 year ago

Last night my son and I were noticing that the magnet on the front of Mecha was starting to stick out and move when it grabbed a ball. I think mine is about to fall out.

Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,
Today the magnet on my Mechagodzilla and the whole two inch bolt thing it's fastened to fell out. All that's left is a hole with a washer sitting in it. Even looks like there could be some damage on the plastic around the edges of the hole. Curious if others have experienced this and what the fix entailed. Thanks.

#16999 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,

This happened to mine just last week. Easy fix. First go to page 56 in the service manual to see the exploded parts diagram.
Lift the playfield and find the screw that goes in the back of the magnet core (his belly button). Part #7 in the diagram. You will also need to find the spring washer (part #8) which is most likely still inside Mecha, just fallen down.

Two tips.
First, while the Magnet core is out of Mecha take the screw and thread it all the way back into the core. On mine, the threads had "tightened" I think due to the heat that gets generated. Had to drive the screw all the way in to sort of re-expand the threaded hole. Was no problem, just could not get the leverage while it was in place trying to reattach.
Also, holding the spring clip in place was a bit of a challenge until I used my magnetic grabber tool to hold it in place while I slide the magnet core back through. Super easy with the magnet tool assist.

15 minute fix. Five minutes to search for the screw. Five minutes to scratch my head and strategize. Five minutes of work.

Also, I put a dab of blue lock-tite on the screw when I replaced it (distributor's suggestion).
Probably 100 plays since fixed. No further problem. Working as it should.

#17000 1 year ago

Best way to hook up a polk sub?
Pinsound connector?
Or pinnovator?

D19E7D61-63AA-42D6-8DBE-C93E76CBFD6D (resized).pngD19E7D61-63AA-42D6-8DBE-C93E76CBFD6D (resized).pngE4AD2A1D-EEA9-449B-8A32-42DF8FF6087D (resized).pngE4AD2A1D-EEA9-449B-8A32-42DF8FF6087D (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/340?hl=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.