20221124_150223 (resized).jpg
20221124_150201 (resized).jpg
20221130_154547 (resized).jpg
D38B7052-5DBC-4652-9ADD-7EFF25A68680 (resized).jpeg
5794F57D-39B6-4190-8812-123FE1B9F491 (resized).jpeg
FFC072D0-7C4F-4F94-8717-981F62309992 (resized).jpeg
33D97C00-C88B-44BE-BD92-B2B073F00BA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 343.
#16901 7 days ago

Dumb question but just picked up an LE does this game have stock speaker lights?

Thanks

#16902 7 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Dumb question but just picked up an LE does this game have stock speaker lights?
Thanks

No

#16904 7 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Perfect! Thanks

Order Doug's flaming frames, you'll love em

#16905 7 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Order Doug's flaming frames, you'll love em

Any idea how far out he is right now on new orders?

#16906 7 days ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Any idea how far out he is right now on new orders?

With the type 14 (Flamin' Frames), by Dec 1st I should have all of the orders filled through the beginning of July. All of my other 13 light kit types are still shipping in 0 - 3 days of their orders being placed.

Doug (SpeakerLightkits.com)

#16907 7 days ago

new owner here, first NIB! getting the pin during lunch time today.

already ordered

-stern art blades
-stern shaker
-lermods shooter lane fix
-hurry up multi-ball sdtm
-doug speaker light kit flame/building

what's next !?!

#16908 7 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Thanks

On the LE I liked the look of the speakers, so I went this way instead and love the look …

4DAAFB69-90FC-464E-8138-939FED3640D0 (resized).jpeg
#16909 7 days ago

Has anybody else experienced intermittent power failures in the lower playfield since the code update (1.02)? I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing it's a loose connection of some sort, but I wanted to check...

#16910 7 days ago

Happy Turkey Day!!

8020A74D-6530-4E6E-A22E-511E20A7CB3D (resized).jpeg
#16911 7 days ago

Happy thanksgiving!

The left side of my bridge is loose. Where the arrow points is supposed to be resting on the below rail for support.
There is a threaded screw under the playfield, but from a friends game there is not a nut on it.

The entire bridge is loose, the whole thing I can identify holding it down is the coil.

66BB6B77-C8A2-40A6-A6F2-D0482C3C750D (resized).jpeg

9AE7843B-61B2-406E-A27E-F44F0D7D38AE (resized).jpeg0CDE4A4E-6E32-4C7A-9E65-61B958A2E828 (resized).jpeg

#16913 7 days ago
Quoted from Paseb:new owner here, first NIB! getting the pin during lunch time today.
already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
what's next !?!

Anti-reflective glass (whatever brand) and speaker upgrade. And new coil stops.

Check diy sound thread. You can do some easy/cheap things like just replace backbox speakers with $30 speakers to make a big difference. And goes up from there

Imo the stdm fix isn’t necessary if you level your game carefully. Plenty of discussion earlier in thread about this. But it’s up to you.

Enjoy!

#16914 7 days ago
Quoted from Nikko:

On the LE I liked the look of the speakers, so I went this way instead and love the look …[quoted image]

Is that the “Type 13” lights from Speakerlightkits?
Happy Thanksgiving!

#16915 7 days ago

Wondering if someone would do me a favor. I want to order the anti sway brackets for my standups on GZ, but pinballlife's shipping is just not a feasible option for Alaska. Asking if someone would purchase (I will send you the amount prior) and send via USPS to me? I will cover all costs. This is the Part I am trying to order: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Here is the shipping quote for 4 brackets, which is why I am asking. Thanks to anyone who would consider helping.

Screenshot_20221124_065853_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16916 7 days ago

I was waiting for a sale to get these. Order placed. Thanks John! FYI, the link in your post didn't work for me. It tried to take me to my store - which I don't have set up!?

#16917 7 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wondering if someone would do me a favor. I want to order the anti sway brackets for my standups on GZ, but pinballlife's shipping is just not a feasible option for Alaska. Asking if someone would purchase (I will send you the amount prior) and send via USPS to me? I will cover all costs. This is the Part I am trying to order: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
Here is the shipping quote for 4 brackets, which is why I am asking. Thanks to anyone who would consider helping.
[quoted image]

It is already installed on your machine from factory,

#16918 7 days ago
Quoted from Returner:

It is already installed on your machine from factory,

Mine do not hold center and someone suggested this would fix that.

#16919 7 days ago
Quoted from Paseb:

already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
what's next !?!

I was stressed after reading the thread while waiting for my NIB Premium. I did buy mods that I thought looked cool. But I got my game in April. I have yet to have any significant issue other than a loose wire. I didn't change the coil stops, etc.

Maybe I got luckier than other people. (Fingers crossed.) Remember that when everything is fine people mostly don't post, right? So here you will be exposed to all the problems that do arise.

What I DID do is follow advice about lowering the power of the trough ball eject and the auto plunger.

#16920 7 days ago

Just an FYI your link doesn’t work, at least for me…

#16921 7 days ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

With the type 14 (Flamin' Frames), by Dec 1st I should have all of the orders filled through the beginning of July. All of my other 13 light kit types are still shipping in 0 - 3 days of their orders being placed.
Doug (SpeakerLightkits.com)

Thanks for the update! I placed my order just last week so it sounds like it might be a while to totally catch up

#16922 7 days ago
Quoted from Paseb:

already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
what's next !?!

Diddy's Tesla strike towers. Pop bumper saucer that suits your taste. There are a lot of versions out there, check out the Godzilla mod thread for some great ideas.

#16923 7 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

[quoted image]

These are also an option I’ve considered but I haven’t tried yet.

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints?_pos=1&_psq=%20Stand%20up%20target&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=923513877

#16924 7 days ago

Any advice for getting the magna drop to drop the ball closer to the upper flipper on a destruction jackpot? Seems like mine drops the ball a little far away. I haven't hit one yet. Definitely doesn't have the power to get around the loop.

#16925 7 days ago

I had a couple replies and think I have this taken care of. It's a great community we are part of. Thanks to anyone who had the thought of helping. Hopefully I can help out others in the hobby to pay it forward.

#16926 7 days ago

Anyone have these with the flipper shaft bushings? Trying to decide whether it's really necessary to splurge for the bushings as well as the precision flip system. I really want to give these a try given that adjusting GZ flippers is such a PITA given the location and that damned hex screw and I'd rather have an easier top-side solution. Wasn't really concerned about factor flipper bushing "slop" but want do others think concerning the bushings if you're going with this system?

#16927 7 days ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Any advice for getting the magna drop to drop the ball closer to the upper flipper on a destruction jackpot? Seems like mine drops the ball a little far away. I haven't hit one yet. Definitely doesn't have the power to get around the loop.

I increased the power on the upper left coil. Definitely increased my loop shot % in general and jackpot shots became makeable. I think my drop is a tad off as well so interested in other solutions too.

#16928 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

Anyone have these with the flipper shaft bushings? Trying to decide whether it's really necessary to splurge for the bushings as well as the precision flip system. I really want to give these a try given that adjusting GZ flippers is such a PITA given the location and that damned hex screw and I'd rather have an easier top-side solution. Wasn't really concerned about factor flipper bushing "slop" but want do others think concerning the bushings if you're going with this system?

I did the full kit and love it. Easier for me to hit destruction loop now

#16929 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

So I noticed my right flipper when engaged is higher than the right. I took a look at where it is sitting at rest and sure enough the tip of the flipper is a bit above the right alignment hole. I found the nut on the flipper mech that needs to be adjusted but the clearance is terrible resulting in me trying to untighten the adjustment hex screw with the stubby end of a dinky hex key allen wrench (the kind you get with cheap put-together yourself furniture). I have a much better hex key set but I can't use it because of the clearance issue. No matter how hard I yank on the hex key I can't get enough leverage to loosen the screw. Any suggestions from those who have adjusted the flippers on GZ (or other similar Sterns). There's got to be a better tool for this... Many thanks.

I ordered these (9 inch shaft) and they make it much easier to torque the screw in those areas. A little pricey over here in Canada but it was worth it for me. amazon.com link »

#16930 7 days ago

I ordered a set for AC/DC a few weeks ago, did halos and the bushings. I think the bushing make just as
much of a difference as the flippers.

I was impressed enough to order full sets for Godzilla and Iron Maiden and got the bushing for them as well.

blockquote cite="#7255815">Anyone have these with the flipper shaft bushings? Trying to decide whether it's really necessary to splurge for the bushings as well as the precision flip system. I really want to give these a try given that adjusting GZ flippers is such a PITA given the location and that damned hex screw and I'd rather have an easier top-side solution. Wasn't really concerned about factor flipper bushing "slop" but want do others think concerning the bushings if you're going with this system?

#16931 7 days ago

What’s the deal with the plunger? The ball gets hung up on the sunk wire guide? Is that what all the Abe mod talk is about. If this is the fix for that, sorry without experiencing it I did know what that was all about.

#16932 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

Here's the link to the Precision Pinball Products store: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod

I have a set of "regular" Precision Flips on Godzilla with the bushings and a set of "Halos" on Deadpool with bushings and like both! They look Cool and play great! You will most likely want to turn the flipper power down after install as both designs are stronger hitting than standard plastic flippers.

#16933 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

Buy the bushings. On my Godzilla it is so nice and I can't wait to install the Halos. I like the original line but will eventually switch them out. To be able to make that top side adjustment is a game changer IMO.

#16934 7 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Is that what all the Abe mod talk is about.

Yes

#16935 7 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

What’s the deal with the plunger? The ball gets hung up on the sunk wire guide? Is that what all the Abe mod talk is about. If this is the fix for that, sorry without experiencing it I did know what that was all about.

On a lot of copies of GZ, when you plunge the ball, it rides the right side of the shooter lane. Near the drop onto the wood, the ball drops down, and the right side of the ball hits the lane guide, sending it to the left behind the pop. It rattles there in a crappy way.

Abe’s fix prevents that by not letting the ball hit the guide on the right side. To demonstrate it, take a ball and manually move it along the right side of the shooter lane. Go down at the drop, and you will feel the lane guide shove the ball towards the left. THAT is the issue.

If you’re not experiencing it, awesome. If the ball rattles, that’s your fix.

#16936 7 days ago

Hi folks and Happy Thanksgiving!

While upgrading the speakers on my Premium today, I discovered that the bass speaker in the cabinet was wired backwards, at least according to the manual. So I swapped the (+) and (-) wires when I installed my new bass speaker. In addition, the manual states that the bass speaker has a minimum impedance of 8-ohms, although the machine provides the option of selecting a 4-ohm or 8-ohm speaker type. I went with 4-ohm speakers in both the cabinet and backbox.

Is there anyone else who has upgraded their speakers that has come across this?

#16937 7 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

On a lot of copies of GZ, when you plunge the ball, it rides the right side of the shooter lane. Near the drop onto the wood, the ball drops down, and the right side of the ball hits the lane guide, sending it to the left behind the pop. It rattles there in a crappy way.
Abe’s fix prevents that by not letting the ball hit the guide on the right side. To demonstrate it, take a ball and manually move it along the right side of the shooter lane. Go down at the drop, and you will feel the lane guide shove the ball towards the left. THAT is the issue.
If you’re not experiencing it, awesome. If the ball rattles, that’s your fix.

Ok thanks. It seems odd that stern would be aware of the issue and hasn’t made a simple adjustment in production at this point.

#16938 7 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did the full kit and love it. Easier for me to hit destruction loop now

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I ordered a set for AC/DC a few weeks ago, did halos and the bushings. I think the bushing make just as
much of a difference as the flippers.

Quoted from awesome1:

I have a set of "regular" Precision Flips on Godzilla with the bushings and a set of "Halos" on Deadpool with bushings and like both!

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Buy the bushings. On my Godzilla it is so nice and I can't wait to install the Halos.

Thanks all... I guess bushings are the way to go.

How about Precision halos v. regular Precision Aluminum flipper bat? is it just cosmetic or is there a performance difference?

#16939 7 days ago

My wife trying to make me eat the "other stuff" today.

king-kong-godzilla.gif
#16940 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

How about Precision halos v. regular Precision Aluminum flipper bat? is it just cosmetic or is there a performance difference?

To me, the Halos have a little more "feel" or "touch" than the regular Precision flips. Both play well and can do the normal flipper control/tricks, but the timing is just a little different than plastic flippers.

#16941 7 days ago
Quoted from Josh0979:

I ordered a full kit when they came out and went back to regular flippers with just the bushings. I didn’t like the extra bounce of the full metal flippers. I think the bushings are the most important part imo. I do want to try the halos at some point since people say they “feel” more like the normal ones for catches, dead bounces, ect.

#16942 7 days ago
Quoted from Paseb:

already ordered
-stern art blades
-stern shaker
what's next !?!

I just got an installed the Tokyo Neon mod for the plastic above the scoop by stumblor honestly I think it is the nicest mod I've ever used and totally changes the look and information for that area.

#16943 7 days ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I just got an installed the Tokyo Neon mod for the plastic above the scoop by stumblor honestly I think it is the nicest mod I've ever used and totally changes the look and information for that area.

yes, im on his list before purchasing gz lol

#16944 7 days ago

Waiting patiently for 17:00

3574FACD-B597-41F9-8C6B-3FFF5D641E2F (resized).jpeg
#16945 7 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

To me, the Halos have a little more "feel" or "touch" than the regular Precision flips. Both play well and can do the normal flipper control/tricks, but the timing is just a little different than plastic flippers.

Quoted from KneeKickLou:

think the bushings are the most important part imo. I do want to try the halos at some point since people say they “feel” more like the normal ones for catches, dead bounces, ect.

Thanks for the insight--appreciate it. Perhaps I'll give the halos a try.

#16946 7 days ago

Here's a lost gem. Keep in mind this movie wasn't released, it escaped.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

#16947 7 days ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Has anybody else experienced intermittent power failures in the lower playfield since the code update (1.02)? I haven't heard anything, so I'm guessing it's a loose connection of some sort, but I wanted to check...

I was (maybe)?

Late in a long (for me) game My destruction jackpot would not hold, tried about 4 times, shot the building, went to the magnet, then after about the first two digits in countdown, the ball just dropped to my bottom left flipper

#16948 7 days ago

On my destruction jackpot, the magnet appears to drop the ball too far from the flipper to get any real power on the shot.

The game is perfectly leveled using a torpedo level.

I do have a shaker motor, which runs during the countdown, possibly moving the ball out of position. (I need to turn off the shaker motor and see what happens)

Any fixes ?

#16949 6 days ago

lower a bit to left/raise right.

Quoted from MichaelMullen:

On my destruction jackpot, the magnet appears to drop the ball too far from the flipper to get any real power on the shot.
Any fixes ?

#16950 6 days ago
Quoted from MichaelMullen:

The game is perfectly leveled using a torpedo level.
I do have a shaker motor, which runs during the countdown, possibly moving the ball out of position. (I need to turn off the shaker motor and see what happens)
Any fixes ?

My shaker has no negative impact on the ball dropping from the magnet. Double check your level and if needed lower the rear right leveler a 1/4 to 1/2 turn to raise the playfield just a touch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
There are 17,148 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 343.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!