IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 548.
#16851 1 year ago

Is there a supposed best way to hit the top right powerline target? Is it a shot off the upper flipper? Lower left flipper? I always blow my heat ray on it in Titanosaurus

#16852 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Is there a supposed best way to hit the top right powerline target? Is it a shot off the upper flipper? Lower left flipper? I always blow my heat ray on it in Titanosaurus

Those are the best ways. Personally, I’m a center spinner and then upper flipper guy. It’s pretty reliable, and usually if I miss, it’s late which ends up going around the loop and gives you another crack at it.

#16853 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Gosh... watching Godzilla download new code, I feel like Elizabeth Taylor waiting for the microwave to finish; "Hurry!"

Mine took like 35-40 minutes. I kept going around the house unplugging devices lol

#16854 1 year ago

Got the new code in and put down a record game (not due to code) and found the new lighting effects awesome.

#16855 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Got the new code in and put down a record game (not due to code) and found the new lighting effects awesome.

Nice! This must be best machine that pinball has ever served up and it just keeps getting better.

#16856 1 year ago

Go Go Godzilla!!

75F6C262-94A2-468A-ADAE-2BC2DC377BB0 (resized).jpeg75F6C262-94A2-468A-ADAE-2BC2DC377BB0 (resized).jpeg
#16857 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Really glad Stern is continuing with these code tweaks. They are listening and making meaningful changes. Really impressive and a real improvement over the coding lags of several years ago.

Obviously this is because GZ is selling so well, but I REALLY would love it if they would do an update to EHOH

#16858 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

20 minutes to usb, 5 or 6 minutes to load on machine. Old fashioned way works every time here.

Really? Mine takes over an hour and a half

#16859 1 year ago
5DF2ECE4-49C5-4FE4-AAD1-E10FF4B1F40E (resized).jpeg5DF2ECE4-49C5-4FE4-AAD1-E10FF4B1F40E (resized).jpeg
#16860 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Obviously this is because GZ is selling so well, but I REALLY would love it if they would do an update to EHOH

Fair point, but in the past, code updates were hard to come by for even the games that sold well.

#16861 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Elvira would sell better if they would friggin actually make more of them. It's been what, almost 2 years since the last run of them outside of that stupid 40th edition? Yea no pro models, but at least put the premium on a regular build rotation.

#16862 1 year ago

Can you download the new code via WiFi if your not a member of insider connected?

#16863 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Mine took like 35-40 minutes. I kept going around the house unplugging devices lol

Yeah, I was just kidding...

Actually this was the first update I've ever done using the WiFi (only had GZ for a week now) and it took an hour over a weak signal, which I didn't think was too bad at all.

#16864 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Can you download the new code via WiFi if your not a member of insider connected?

no you have to register your game to use connected

#16865 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

You can download the code from Stern and then upload to the game via a USB drive. I don't use Insider Connected at all and downloading the code direct from Stern works best for me.

#16866 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

You can download the code from Stern and then upload to the game via a USB drive. I don't use Insider Connected at all and downloading the code direct from Stern works best for me.

This is what i've done in the past when I had IMDN. Just thought it'd be easier via WiFi

#16867 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

This is what i've done in the past when I had IMDN. Just thought it'd be easier via WiFi

I don’t think you need the paid ic membership though (if that’s what you were asking). Just the free one.

#16868 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Old school rules!

#16869 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Old school rules!

When they dropped new code for all the machines at once I was pretty happy to just turn them all on and let them do their thing . The usb route is faster for one machine, but that quickly changes as you scale up.

#16870 1 year ago

Updating via wifi with the wifi dongle that came from Stern was impossible for me. It said it would take like 170+ hours for that shit. I also had other IC issues due to connectivity with the dongle.

So I got another $10 one from Microcenter that I already had in my JP, which had no issues, and now the connectivity is much better with no issues and the updates take like 25 minutes to download.

#16871 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Updating via wifi with the wifi dongle that came from Stern was impossible for me. It said it would take like 170+ hours for that shit. I also had other IC issues due to connectivity with the dongle.
So I got another $10 one from Microcenter that I already had in my JP, which had no issues, and now the connectivity is much better with no issues and the updates take like 25 minutes to download.

I’m not sure what the issues are there, hopefully they address it in the future. When I did them all at once a while ago the speeds were very different on some and it was not a home wifi issue (not sure about the dongle). In that case most games were very fast but Rush took all day. If I notice Rush is slow on a future update I’ll try swapping dongles.

#16872 1 year ago

Just got my GZ premium at the end of October, and it sometimes puts 2 balls in the shooter lane at once, anyone else experiencing this at found the solution?

#16873 1 year ago

Blenderhead balls are probably magnetized- replace them and see if it helps-

#16874 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Thanks, I’ll try that

#16875 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I’m not sure what the issues are there, hopefully they address it in the future. When I did them all at once a while ago the speeds were very different on some and it was not a home wifi issue (not sure about the dongle). In that case most games were very fast but Rush took all day. If I notice Rush is slow on a future update I’ll try swapping dongles.

I found moving the dongle to out of the backbox helped the connection and performance heaps.
I'd say its a combination of dongle quality and backbox shielding/interference.

#16876 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

I found moving the dongle to out of the backbox helped the connection and performance heaps.
I'd say its a combination of dongle quality and backbox shielding/interference.

I tried that as well with the Stern dongle that came with mine and it didn't change anything.

Then the one I got from Microcenter, that is the same form factor as well (just a tiny USB dongle), works flawlessly.

#16877 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I tried that as well with the Stern dongle that came with mine and it didn't change anything.
Then the one I got from Microcenter, that is the same form factor as well (just a tiny USB dongle), works flawlessly.

Can you tell us what model WiFi dongle you got at Microcenter? I have one nearby and might like to pick one up.

#16878 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Can you tell us what model WiFi dongle you got at Microcenter? I have one nearby and might like to pick one up.

This is the one I have 2 of and have had no connectivity issues at all.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/395710/tp-link-tl-wn725n-150mbps-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter

#16879 1 year ago

:thinking:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/66#post-7253625
Maybe this would help with download speeds.
My update took 25 minutes over the home Wi-Fi

#16880 1 year ago

Next pro run is March so I've got 4 more months of waiting

#16881 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Same issue here. I think the giveaway was a ball sticking to my skill shot MRS switch during a GZ multiball…. When that was the last ball it still wouldn’t let go. I’ll be swapping out balls later today. Thanks for the tip!!

#16882 1 year ago

Anyone have any issues with their playfields from the April Premium run earlier this year? I noticed a crack in clear coat on my ball return lane back in like May. Now noticing this like ghosting on many of the inserts. You can see an example on the light destruction jackpot insert. Will this get worse overtime?

701D3F2D-2608-447D-AF51-E5F0A148B9B7 (resized).jpeg701D3F2D-2608-447D-AF51-E5F0A148B9B7 (resized).jpeg
#16883 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

:thinking:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/66#post-7253625
Maybe this would help with download speeds.
My update took 25 minutes over the home Wi-Fi

Yip, that's what I was saying. It's way better for me than inside the back box.
That's not too say that a different dongle wouldn't be better still....

#16884 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Anyone have any issues with their playfields from the April Premium run earlier this year? I noticed a crack in clear coat on my ball return lane back in like May. Now noticing this like ghosting on many of the inserts. You can see an example on the light destruction jackpot insert. Will this get worse overtime?
[quoted image]

I talked about it in the playfield issue thread awile back and was shocked nobody cared I see it on almost all modern sterns from the last couple years since they almost stopped putting clear coat on I would say. My thinking was ppl didn't notice because stern changed the keyline outline to the inside of the insert to almost hide it. Ppl lost there minds and got new populated playfields on Ghostbusters now nobody cares was the impression I got. I care..I didn't cancel my Godzilla but I'm trying a playfield protector not sure if even that will help or I'm out.

#16885 1 year ago

This is my GZ. I love mods, but I've never had so many mods on one pin. GZ just lends itself for lots of mods. I really like this pin.

IMG_3784 (resized).jpegIMG_3784 (resized).jpeg
#16886 1 year ago

Does anyone have a picture of where i can hook the flasher pinstatium clips to?

#16887 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I talked about it in the playfield issue thread awile back and was shocked nobody cared I see it on almost all modern sterns from the last couple years since they almost stopped putting clear coat on I would say. My thinking was ppl didn't notice because stern changed the keyline outline to the inside of the insert to almost hide it. Ppl lost there minds and got new populated playfields on Ghostbusters now nobody cares was the impression I got. I care..I didn't cancel my Godzilla but I'm trying a playfield protector not sure if even that will help or I'm out.

I’m not sure a playfield protector would help in this case. I think you are right on with that clear coat. Stern has been saying for 6 months they are gonna send me a new playfield. I’m yet to see it. I keep trying to push them for a populated field. I just picked up a Turtles from 2020. Playfield looks great on it. My Godzilla has that like vertical ripple going through it all along the playfield. Guess they said screw it on the clear coat job. Just rush em out the door.

#16888 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

I’m not sure a playfield protector would help in this case. I think you are right on with that clear coat. Stern has been saying for 6 months they are gonna send me a new playfield. I’m yet to see it. I keep trying to push them for a populated field. I just picked up a Turtles from 2020. Playfield looks great on it. My Godzilla has that like vertical ripple going through it all along the playfield. Guess they said screw it on the clear coat job. Just rush em out the door.

Yeah It's the only other thing I could try is a big giant condom cuz you know ppl love wearing those! The thinking is it will be less movement in the insert with it on cuz I believe that's what causes ghosting. If there was more clearcoat the insert wouldn't move right? Or they changed glue to something terrible along the same timeline as when they stopped clearcoating. If I wouldn't of had one on order well before I'd be out after looking at the games at my favorite location 7 of the 8 spike 2 games have it prominently! Ironically his November 21 godzilla was the only one I couldn't find it on but it was too dirty to be certain. It's widespread I can promise you that. No kidding about the rushing my playfield is October 17th and game date is October 18th. My other games are usually atleast 2 weeks to a month difference. And yes it will get worse I swear a new insert started every time I played my EHOH that's what's so frustrating is you can't stop the bleeding!

#16889 1 year ago

I joined the GZ club today. I picked up a premium from the local shipping depot and........a big tear in the lower part of the box. There is a five inch tear along with a few smaller ones on the right side of the cabinet. It is right where the bug's wing enters its body. I initially refused shipment and called Tilt Amusements. Troy said he would need to refund my money and I would have to wait for the next available machine. That could be another six to nine months. The other option was to accept the machine, send Tilt some photos of the damage and they would ship me a new cabinet side decal. If nothing else I can hold onto the new decal if I ever sell the GZ. I opted to keep the machine. I can't wait to get it set up and going. That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?

P1000840 (resized).JPGP1000840 (resized).JPGP1000841 (resized).JPGP1000841 (resized).JPG
#16890 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yeah It's the only other thing I could try is a big giant condom cuz you know ppl love wearing those! The thinking is it will be less movement in the insert with it on cuz I believe that's what causes ghosting. If there was more clearcoat the insert wouldn't move right? Or they changed glue to something terrible along the same timeline as when they stopped clearcoating. If I wouldn't of had one on order well before I'd be out after looking at the games at my favorite location 7 of the 8 spike 2 games have it prominently! Ironically his November 21 godzilla was the only one I couldn't find it on but it was too dirty to be certain. It's widespread I can promise you that. No kidding about the rushing my playfield is October 17th and game date is October 18th. My other games are usually atleast 2 weeks to a month difference. And yes it will get worse I swear a new insert started every time I played my EHOH that's what's so frustrating is you can't stop the bleeding!

Did Stern give you a new playfield for your machine with the ghosting? I’d definitely reach out to them if I were you to at least get some kind of compensation for that bs.

#16891 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

sarty51

My GZ has the same vertical lines. I’ve seen it on many newer sterns. Was this the playfield they were going to replace for you?

#16892 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Did Stern give you a new playfield for your machine with the ghosting? I’d definitely reach out to them if I were you to at least get some kind of compensation for that bs.

They said they would but they haven't made any EHOH since my May 21 run and who knows if they will. Also I'm not doing a playfield swap especially when the new one will probably do it unless it's populated like they did with Ghostbusters so it's issentually useless.

#16893 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I joined the GZ club today. I picked up a premium from the local shipping depot and........a big tear in the lower part of the box. There is a five inch tear along with a few smaller ones on the right side of the cabinet. It is right where the bug's wing enters its body. I initially refused shipment and called Tilt Amusements. Troy said he would need to refund my money and I would have to wait for the next available machine. That could be another six to nine months. The other option was to accept the machine, send Tilt some photos of the damage and they would ship me a new cabinet side decal. If nothing else I can hold onto the new decal if I ever sell the GZ. I opted to keep the machine. I can't wait to get it set up and going. That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's a job to replace decal properly. But I'd put the bad side against a wall or between 2 pins and keep it. It's too good to wait for another run.

#16894 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

sarty51
My GZ has the same vertical lines. I’ve seen it on many newer sterns. Was this the playfield they were going to replace for you?

Yes, it has that vertical planking/ribbing whatever you wanna call it going on. Some ghosting on most of the inserts. Initial issue I noticed was a crack in the clear coat on the ball return lane. Got my machine in April this year new.

#16895 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

They said they would but they haven't made any EHOH since my May 21 run and who knows if they will. Also I'm not doing a playfield swap especially when the new one will probably do it unless it's populated like they did with Ghostbusters so it's issentually useless.

I hear you man. I could only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be to re-populate a new playfield on either Godzilla or Elvira lol.

#16896 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I hope you get one I have been waiting months .

#16897 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Keep it. I know it sucks when you spend nearly 10k on something and it comes jacked up. They can get you what you need to replace on there. Otherwise you are going to be waiting forever to get another machine.

#16898 1 year ago
Quoted from sarty51:

Yes, it has that vertical planking/ribbing whatever you wanna call it going on. Some ghosting on most of the inserts. Initial issue I noticed was a crack in the clear coat on the ball return lane. Got my machine in April this year new.

I’m honestly surprised they agreed to do something.

#16899 1 year ago

Return. Plenty of huo ones are popping up.

blockquote cite="#7254743">I joined the GZ club today. I picked up a premium from the local shipping depot and........a big tear in the lower part of the box. There is a five inch tear along with a few smaller ones on the right side of the cabinet. It is right where the bug's wing enters its body. I initially refused shipment and called Tilt Amusements. Troy said he would need to refund my money and I would have to wait for the next available machine. That could be another six to nine months. The other option was to accept the machine, send Tilt some photos of the damage and they would ship me a new cabinet side decal. If nothing else I can hold onto the new decal if I ever sell the GZ. I opted to keep the machine. I can't wait to get it set up and going. That said, what do you folks think? Keep or return?

#16900 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

This is my GZ. I love mods, but I've never had so many mods on one pin. GZ just lends itself for lots of mods. I really like this pin.
[quoted image]

Nice mods! GZ is a strange beast. It’s such a stacked game and yet there are so many amazing mods to add to make it even better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/338?hl=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.