PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 548.
#16501 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Doesn't seem fair to rate a game with a low score just because it broke. Sounds like you have nothing to base a rating on.

I've owned it since it came out and had one of the first LEs in hand and not a single problem with it. Plus the game is the GOAT!

#16502 1 year ago

Anyone have a checkist for playfield parts to remove when installing a playfield protector for a premium?
Does the protector need to be cut in the back ?

#16503 1 year ago

Wanted to install a shaker in the game....anyone know where you find shaker settings under menu ? I was looking and couldn't find it. Thx

#16504 1 year ago

Hi all I have a few questions: what under cabinet and behind back board kit should I get? Which external sub is the best? Lastly the plug inside the back board is it ok to plug more then one accessory into it?

#16505 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Wanted to install a shaker in the game....anyone know where you find shaker settings under menu ? I was looking and couldn't find it. Thx

Service Menu > Adjustment Menu > Feature Adjustments > #162 on current code

I always adjust my shakers to have the weights situated 90 degrees from each other instead of parallel. It still shakes but doesn’t shake the foundation, and I leave the setting on Maximal Use. I love the shaker implementation on this game.
-Lb

9E9E13BA-E25A-45D5-B8ED-767BBB91A5AD (resized).jpeg9E9E13BA-E25A-45D5-B8ED-767BBB91A5AD (resized).jpeg05911D14-5951-4A4E-905D-E4FC1E77528D (resized).jpeg05911D14-5951-4A4E-905D-E4FC1E77528D (resized).jpegD32CDA9B-863F-4152-949E-2A3E2833BFC8 (resized).jpegD32CDA9B-863F-4152-949E-2A3E2833BFC8 (resized).jpeg
#16506 1 year ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Anyone have a checkist for playfield parts to remove when installing a playfield protector for a premium?
Does the protector need to be cut in the back ?

I've installed one in a pro and you do have to remove the wireforms, all flippers, building, spinners, and the mecha-thing (on the premium). Take lots of pictures and take your time. Remember that there is removable film on both sides of the protector. It does work great and no, does not change ball dynamics.

#16507 1 year ago

After the last update you can choose between different songs for GZ MB. Am I the only one who thinks that these songs are all a bit too quiet in comparison to the rest of the sounds and callouts (I normally play on volume 7 or 8 and I can barely hear them clearly)? Is there any setting to turn up their volume? Just checked the settings but couldn´t find anything.
Thanks!

#16508 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

After the last update you can choose between different songs for GZ MB. Am I the only one who thinks that these songs are all a bit too quiet in comparison to the rest of the sounds and callouts (I normally play on volume 7 or 8 and I can barely hear them clearly)? Is there any setting to turn up their volume? Just checked the settings but couldn´t find anything.
Thanks!

No, not the only one.

Am I the only one that actually likes the BOC one the best? lol

#16509 1 year ago

My building on my premium raises very smooth, but it rattles/shakes going down. I don't want it to damage the building. Should I be concerned with this, is it normal?

#16510 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

My building on my premium raises very smooth, but it rattles/shakes going down. I don't want it to damage the building. Should I be concerned with this, is it normal?

Mine does this maybe every 20 something games. I tightened everything and it still does it just ( sometimes ). Not sure what else to do since its intermittent.

#16511 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Thanks!

No, everyone thinks this. It will likely be fixed in the next release.

#16512 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I thought this was the normal behavior. Getting concerned now

#16513 1 year ago
Quoted from bazou:

I thought this was the normal behavior. Getting concerned now

Look at this video at about the 15:44 mark. Hopefully it timestamped. Looks to me like the building lowers and raises smoothly. Mine raises very smooth, but rattles going down.

#16514 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Look at this video at about the 15:44 mark. Hopefully it timestamped. Looks to me like the building lowers and raises smoothly. Mine raises very smooth, but rattles going down.

Maybe it's the video quality but I didn't notice anything special with the MB at 15:44

#16515 1 year ago

I just got my Oxygen Destroyer installed. What an awesome mod. Special thanks to freddy for the ‘custom’ extension bar so the oxygen destroyer is sitting perfectly on top of the insert now (not blocking my view of outlane entrance either)

Www.highendmods1.com

29AF493E-D266-49B5-8D73-93776AA417CD (resized).jpeg29AF493E-D266-49B5-8D73-93776AA417CD (resized).jpeg
#16516 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

No, not the only one.

I think I like BOC the best but it's hard to know for sure since it seems like you only have like 5 seconds to choose the song? I feel like the selection logic could be improved. Still great to have choices!

#16517 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I think I like BOC the best but it's hard to know for sure since it seems like you only have like 5 seconds to choose the song? I feel like the selection logic could be improved. Still great to have choices!

You can listen to all of the songs in the Jukebox... I still keep it on BOC for GZ Multiball.

#16518 1 year ago

Is this the PBL coil stop that folks are switching to as the factory Stern coil stops start to wear out?

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Almost looks like this is an OEM replacement piece, but I see mention of a coil stop of better quality?

#16519 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Mine doesn't shake per se, it seems to move smoothly. But it does make a funky 'rubbing' noise on the way down. Smooth/quiet going up. No marks to be seen on any of the plastics, no contact with the playfield that I can see. I've been in contact with Stern about it, but no answers yet. Makes me wonder if it's binding or rubbing a little on the two guide rods on either side of the ballscrew mechanism?

I do notice that if I gently hold the building to the left, it's much less noisy. The building has a surprising amount of side-to-side slop so I expect the ability to tilt the building left a touch is a solid clue.

I should note that this is with the glass off, where all noises are crazy loud. It's masked a fair bit when the glass is on but definitely still there. In-game the multiball noises are loud enough that you can't hear it unless game volume is very low, but you can hear the rubbing sound when it cycles/drops after a game is completed.

#16520 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Is this the PBL coil stop that folks are switching to as the factory Stern coil stops start to wear out?
Almost looks like this is an OEM replacement piece, but I see mention of a coil stop of better quality?

Yes-this was the one recommended to me and I recently swapped the OEM's out for these just to avoid the dreaded "brass shavings / dust" in the cabinet as the crappy Stern stops wore out. If you put the two side by side you notice the lack of robustness in the Stern piece versus the PB Life one. All seem to agree the PB Life version is vastly superior.

#16521 1 year ago

Think there will be a price increase on GZ in Jan.?

#16522 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yep

#16523 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

All games are going up in January is the story.

#16524 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Yes. I thought the price increase was gonna happen for all machines sold by Stern beginning Jan. 1, 2023...

#16525 1 year ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

I just got my Oxygen Destroyer installed. What an awesome mod. Special thanks to freddy for the ‘custom’ extension bar so the oxygen destroyer is sitting perfectly on top of the insert now (not blocking my view of outlane entrance either)
Www.highendmods1.com
[quoted image]

Beauty but at 150?

#16526 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Yes-this was the one recommended to me and I recently swapped the OEM's out for these just to avoid the dreaded "brass shavings / dust" in the cabinet as the crappy Stern stops wore out. If you put the two side by side you notice the lack of robustness in the Stern piece versus the PB Life one. All seem to agree the PB Life version is vastly superior.

Perfect, I have some other stuff I need from those guys anyway, will add in replacements to swap out. Thanks!

#16527 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Perfect, I have some other stuff I need from those guys anyway, will add in replacements to swap out. Thanks!

If it isn't too late, get a handful of these as well:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-34-coil-sleeve.html

They take about 3 additional seconds to swap out once you have the stops removed, and if you've already had shavings come off then there's a good chance your existing sleeves are filled with metal and causing friction, so just replace them!

#16528 1 year ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Here's my version of the ABE_FLIPS. The red circle is a seam because my print bed is too small to do a full length print. The blue circle is a taper down to the shooter lane wall protector thickness, ie. it's thinner at the end closest to the plunger. I do test prints in dark green, I'm printing in black right now.
[quoted image]

Just curious - have you had any issues with the seam edge hitting the ball or anything? My buddy may print one of these for me and he doesn't have a printer large enough for the one without the seam so was curious.

#16529 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

If it isn't too late, get a handful of these as well:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-34-coil-sleeve.html
They take about 3 additional seconds to swap out once you have the stops removed, and if you've already had shavings come off then there's a good chance your existing sleeves are filled with metal and causing friction, so just replace them!

Ahh, good call! Not sure I've had the stops degrading but sometimes prevention is a good deal. I'll grab some sleeves to have around as well, thanks!

#16530 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Mine does this too, but I don't think it's normal. Maybe a problem with the September/October batch of machines? Mine makes a different noise than the video above. I will shoot a video.

#16531 1 year ago

Just a thought on this and you may have all checked it. It sounds like something is vibrating. Are the motor mounts and everything around the motor tight or is there something else in the game that may be loose.

Sorry if you all thought of this but was curious. I will check mine tonight as I have an Oct 14 build.

Quoted from Duster72:

Mine does this too, but I don't think it's normal. Maybe a problem with the September/October batch of machines? Mine makes a different noise than the video above. I will shoot a video.

#16532 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

No, not the only one.

I always choose BOC. For me if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

#16533 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I feel like at the least, it should default to your last selection....

#16534 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I'll try to get a video of mine too. Mine is a 10/14 build. The building does appear to rattle more than the video posted earlier, but it goes up very smooth.

#16535 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:Just curious - have you had any issues with the seam edge hitting the ball or anything? My buddy may print one of these for me and he doesn't have a printer large enough for the one without the seam so was curious.

I tapered the seam to minimize any interference. I haven't had any problems with it. Also, I've talked with a couple other people that have used my stl and haven't heard that they've had any problems either... maybe they can chime in too.

#16536 1 year ago

Edit: Nevermind! I found a discussion about spinner maintenance and found the suggestion to push the spinner gently in the opposite direction you want the bottom to move. It took some time because I didn't want to break it and I needed to adjust it quite a bit, but it rips amazingly now.

Newbie question. My Mechagodzilla spinner is balanced with the bottom angled toward the flippers quite a bit. Enough to stop the ball dead. Is there a way a good way to adjust it?

#16537 1 year ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Www.highendmods1.com
[quoted image]

I actually did mine a bit differently…. Swapped the two posts and installed the OD right above the apron to the left of the shooter lane. It obstructs nothing and that placement allowed me to feed the wires below the apron and looks a bit “cleaner” in my opinion. It really is an awesome mod!

Just thought I’d share another option.

236CA97B-C19C-4496-83C3-0E54D924CCF1 (resized).jpeg236CA97B-C19C-4496-83C3-0E54D924CCF1 (resized).jpegB6C6FA2E-D8E5-457A-BB2F-33D55500BCA8 (resized).jpegB6C6FA2E-D8E5-457A-BB2F-33D55500BCA8 (resized).jpeg
#16538 1 year ago

Anyone have issues with insider home after recent update? When I power machine holding left flipper doesn’t give me the option to log in. After I play a game I can get the left flipper to show my account. Thoughts?

#16539 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone have issues with insider home after recent update? When I power machine holding left flipper doesn’t give me the option to log in. After I play a game I can get the left flipper to show my account. Thoughts?

Check to see if you are still connected to Wi-Fi in settings

#16540 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I noticed it takes about a minute after full power up for all insider connect features to load.

#16541 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I noticed it takes about a minute after full power up for all insider connect features to load.

This.

If you're watching the machine as it boots, once IC connects, I believe it shows the "ad" for Insider with the QR code. Once you see that, you can hold in the flipper button or scan your QR code.

#16542 1 year ago

Thanks I’m likely being impatient - feels like forever to wait when your ready to power and play.

Quoted from scootss:

This.
If you're watching the machine as it boots, once IC connects, I believe it shows the "ad" for Insider with the QR code. Once you see that, you can hold in the flipper button or scan your QR code.

#16543 1 year ago
Quoted from brian36chambers:Which external sub is the best?

I have a Klipsch (k-100 sw) on Godzilla and really like it

#16544 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

If you are talking about home team, I have noticed that I need to hold the flipper so long that I think its offline before giving me an indication it connected. Your mileage may vary.

#16545 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Thanks I’m likely being impatient - feels like forever to wait when your ready to power and play.

Using Kasa outlet switches w/ Alexa has helped me with this. I tell alexa to turn on the game room and then by the time I get to the basement, it's ready (or close).

#16546 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Using Kasa outlet switches w/ Alexa has helped me with this. I tell alexa to turn on the game room and then by the time I get to the basement, it's ready (or close).

Same. I use meross switches through. Some Kasa models were giving me integration problems with Alexa. But whichever works!

#16547 1 year ago

Just received an email stating my game is shipping out today!!!

#16548 1 year ago

Here are videos of the building mech rattle I posted about. One video in test mode and another in game. It seems to be worse in game. Is this an issue and if so any ideas how to fix?

#16549 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Just received an email stating my game is shipping out today!!!

Congrats on Godzilla,You had me excited for a minute ,I thought I was in the Bond thread.

#16550 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Here are videos of the building mech rattle I posted about. One video in test mode and another in game. It seems to be worse in game. Is this an issue and if so any ideas how to fix?

Wow! Rattling is a great description, although I wonder if we have the same issue, just at two different extremes? The rub or groan from mine could easily end up rattling, although yours seems to be on a pretty steady time period.

I've tried running the building with the playfield flipped up vertical in the upper service position and I don't get the noise. Smooth both ways, so it makes me wonder if it's related to the guide rods on either side or as drbrain suggested, some kind of resonance of the mounting bracket. Have you tried running yours with the playfield flipped up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/331 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.