Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 547.
#16451 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Joined the club! Took delivery about 3 weeks ago. WOW this pin rocks! This is going to stay main floor for quite some time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude.
I have a Rick & Morty bloodsucker, Godzilla Premium, and a Deadpool pro.

We’re pin-bros

#16452 1 year ago
Quoted from Lazlo:

There are two red leds on the board, one for each mag sensor
[quoted image]

Those leds are indicators that the switch is activated, not opto switches.

I think you have the same problem as I had, because both leds are on. When I tested that board in another Godzilla, only one at a time was on and was also more bright. If you still have problems, maybe measure how many volts you measure between the red and black wire. For me it was 1,26 volts and that is way too low. If under 4,5 V, follow the red wire until you find a break.

#16453 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely would work as a HQ upgrade - but there really isn’t a need for it. The plastic versions work great, and are thin enough to hold up over a long period of time.

Depends…..some people prefer beautiful stainless steel

#16454 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why is the playfield out?

easier to get it up the stairs in pieces. don't want to try to use a dolly on brand new wooden stairs. Only took a couple of minutes to disconnect the playfield and head, I actually transported it that way too, though I don't recommend it. it's not stable standing on the building frame. I ended up using ratchet straps and supports.

#16455 1 year ago

Always hard to decide if I should Fight or Flee...

IMG_3408 (resized).JPGIMG_3408 (resized).JPG
#16456 1 year ago
Quoted from greenmonk:

That’s awesome! Do you have a dxf of it that you used to laser cut it? Also…what thickness is the metal? I have the ability to make that at my makerspace and would love to make one for my machine.

No sorry, I only know the thickness, its exactly 1.5mm on this one.

#16457 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I brought home GZ LE #335 today, what an awesome game. Can’t wait to get it in the house and play it! It already has the Tesla towers, Lior UFO, neon sign and upgraded Godzilla figure. What are the other must do mods for this pin?
I’m thinking Pinwoofer full system, speaker lights, LED flipper buttons, Stern shooter knob, a bridge mod and the Stern topper when they become available. If you have any Zilla mods for sale, feel free to PM me with details and price.
I’ve never seen a Godzilla movie. Which movie or movies best represent this game’s theme and content? I’d like to watch those movies to better understand the game characters, audio/video clips, references, etc. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Watch the original 1954. I had never watch any Godzilla movies either, but the original fits right into the pinball theme very well. you can also select the original soundtrack as your background music in the pinball.

#16458 1 year ago

My wife and I saw the GOAT last night..!

#16459 1 year ago

Tons of the transition clips are from the Mothra movie.

#16460 1 year ago

Watched Godzilla vs Megalon last night. That's where all the Jet Jaguar clips are from, as well as most of the tank shots and the maser cannon.

#16461 1 year ago

Alien > Godzilla

#16462 1 year ago

If you love slow, clunky strategic games then maybe. Otherwise no.

#16463 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Alien > Godzilla

#16464 1 year ago

Selling off some extra Xilien figures that I have left in stock when I grabbed a bunch for a few folks.

The 2 piece Xilien set is 65.00 shipped in the US. ** ( ALL SOLD )**

The 1 piece is 40 shipped in the US. ** ( 1 left )**

PayPal and personal check is fine, PP as FF please or please cover the fee.

Currently have 1 of the one piece figure.

PM if interested, thanks.
26E48503-8693-4EC6-B4AE-428C30609492 (resized).jpeg26E48503-8693-4EC6-B4AE-428C30609492 (resized).jpegB3873713-3E7A-44CD-9027-7EC7A5D0DF4C (resized).jpegB3873713-3E7A-44CD-9027-7EC7A5D0DF4C (resized).jpeg

Added 17 months ago:

All figure have been sold, thanks all.

#16465 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Alien > Godzilla

I like both games, I'm curious why you're selling your Alien game?

#16466 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Selling off some extra Xilien figures that I have left in stock when I grabbed a bunch for a few folks.
The 2 piece Xilien set is 65.00 shipped in the US. ** ( 2 left )**
Currently have 2 of the two piece figure set, and 1 of the one piece figure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent

#16467 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Watched Godzilla vs Megalon last night. That's where all the Jet Jaguar clips are from, as well as most of the tank shots and the maser cannon.

Is he in another movie?

#16468 1 year ago

Just got my speaker lights installed.. gotta say I LOVE these lights! So worth it.

Thanks to Doug. Great product!

PXL_20221107_001328231.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221107_001328231.MP (resized).jpg
#16469 1 year ago

My upper flipper stopped working in the middle of a game, but works in diagnostics. Any idea what is up?

#16470 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

My upper flipper stopped working in the middle of a game, but works in diagnostics. Any idea what is up?

My upper flipper stops working mid game after it's on for a while.

Next time your upper flipper stops working mid game, let the ball drain and see if the upper flipper works while the next ball is just sitting in the shooter lane waiting to be plunged. Mine will work while the ball is sitting there and immediately die once the ball is plunged and hits the shooter lane switch.

I've been back and forth with Stern support pretty much since I got my game. They were very helpful with suggestions. Wire looked to them like it might not be pushed in all the way on a node board connector, but that was not the problem.

Last communication I had with them, they had me convinced it was the switches at the flipper button. That is not the problem.

The only solution that seems to work for me is power the game off long enough to lift the pf and not see a problem anywhere. Turn it back on and the game works fine again.

Please let me know if this seems like what is going on with your game and if you find a solution.

#16471 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

My upper flipper stops working mid game after it's on for a while.
Next time your upper flipper stops working mid game, let the ball drain and see if the upper flipper works while the next ball is just sitting in the shooter lane waiting to be plunged. Mine will work while the ball is sitting there and immediately die once the ball is plunged and hits the shooter lane switch.
I've been back and forth with Stern support pretty much since I got my game. They were very helpful with suggestions. Wire looked to them like it might not be pushed in all the way on a node board connector, but that was not the problem.
Last communication I had with them, they had me convinced it was the switches at the flipper button. That is not the problem.
The only solution that seems to work for me is power the game off long enough to lift the pf and not see a problem anywhere. Turn it back on and the game works fine again.
Please let me know if this seems like what is going on with your game and if you find a solution.

First thing I did was power down, look at the flipper mech, then test in diag. ...and then started a new game, but no luck would not flip even before launching a ball.

#16472 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Is he in another movie?

No, but he’s In other Godzilla media - video games, comics, etc

#16473 1 year ago

Hey everyone, I ordered a Godzilla premium sight unseen 9 months ago because , where it was in the top 100 and was hard to get one and my distributor told me it’s finally in.
Is this game really that good?
I’ve owned kiss le, metallica prem and now own a Rush LE.
I’m asking because, I’m never followed Godzilla.am I still going to like this one?The mods look great for the machine though.
I guess I’m second guessing my purchase here. Thank you for any input

#16474 1 year ago

Its amazing! Play it locally if you can. You will not be disappointed.

Quoted from J-drum11:

Hey everyone, I ordered a Godzilla premium sight unseen 9 months ago because , where it was in the top 100 and was hard to get one and my distributor told me it’s finally in.
I’m asking because, I’m never followed Godzilla.am I still going to like this one?The mods look great for the machine though.

#16475 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

i was never a godzilla movie fan, since owning the pin i tried watching some of the movies. still dont like the movies, but man i LOVE LOVE LOVE the game. it is a blast to play. have fun.

#16476 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Theme aside, If you like the idea of being a giant monster destroying a city in a pinball game and a near perfectly designed playfield and highly polished deep code that work together to create amazing gameplay plus great video integration, music and sound effects and gorgeous art: then yes.

#16477 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I've never seen a single Godzilla movie, but fell in love with the Premium the first time I played it. I ended up buying one myself, and I still absolutely love it. It's a fast and fun game. I think you will be very happy with the purchase. If you aren't, these are easy to sell for what you paid. If you end up not liking it, someone will easily buy it off of you.

#16478 1 year ago

The best way to watch most Godzilla movies: fast forward all the boring parts where the token guy and girl love story is taking place and watch the kaiju action and ridiculous explosions galore. The stories are so simple you won’t miss
Any thing.

Except for the original b&w movie which is worth a complete watch.

#16479 1 year ago

I watched the movies when I was a kid and enjoyed them way back when. Son of Godzilla seemed to run endlessly on Saturdays in the 70s. Now, I put the movies on in the background as I add MODs to my Godzilla Premium. But I agree the original is really good and you need to watch the Japanese and American version for an interesting comparison.

Quoted from jackd104:

The best way to watch most Godzilla movies: fast forward all the boring parts where the token guy and girl love story is taking place and watch the kaiju action and ridiculous explosions galore. The stories are so simple you won’t miss
Any thing.
Except for the original b&w movie which is worth a complete watch.

#16480 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Alien > Godzilla

I'm always curious. Why come into the Godzilla fan club and say crap like that? Like specifically the GZ Fan Club? Are there people in the crappy Alien thread singing the praises of how GZ is better?

#16481 1 year ago

I avoided buying one because of its' theme; what a mistake! I have 11 games, all newer releases of JJP's and Sterns and GZ is by far our favorite. After AIQ I swore I would never buy another Elwin game as it seemed to be catered mostly to the 'competitive crowd'. But, GZ is much more balanced, easier to follow rules, and thus much more enjoyable. I think you will be very pleased with it if you buy one.

#16482 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Alien > Godzilla

Hey, new guy. Seems like you have not followed the top 100 long. Most new games will take the top spot bc many ppl involved with producing the pin will vote it up and everyone on the hype train will vote it up. <300 votes so its easy to take top spot. Many games do this. Once a majority get there vote in I dont think it will even make the 50 IMO. Back to GZ.

BACK TO GZ: Mod question for you MOD guys. I added the Tokyo Neon sign and I have Lolly ufo on order along with Naegele Oil Building. Shaker and Neo Fusions will be installed (I have a 1 kit laying around). Thinking about the Drake building and a few others. What mods would you suggest? Name a few or name one must have. Thanks for the suggestions.

#16483 1 year ago

I avoided buying GZ for two reasons: I was concerned it would play too similar to IMDN and I have never been interested in the theme. Well, I've been proven wrong. It plays very differently from IMDN. The only similar shot is the upper loop but on the opposite side. I suppose you could argue the building shot is similar to the underworld scoop as well. I only have two pins, so being Star Wars fans we went Mando first. We loved Mando and played it to death until we started to lose interest. After playing GZ on location and loving it, we picked one up.

This is where theme steps in. My kids love the theme even not knowing anything about the theme before. The humor and campyness is a home run for entertainment value especiallyfor a guy like me trying to make this a family hobby. I have since gotten a little more interested in the theme since getting the game. Also, the layout allows you to approach the game using different strategies to achieve different goals, which means long term replayability. I thought I'd not be happy only owning jus IMDN and GZ, but I was wrong.

#16484 1 year ago

GZ is back in number one position on the top 100.

#16485 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The 2 piece Xilien set is 65.00 shipped in the US. ** ( ALL SOLD )**
Currently have 1 of the one piece figure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks to everyone who purchased a set last night, they have been dropped off at the post office this morning to go out today. Enjoy them.

#16486 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Alien at 50. About where it belongs (imo).

#16487 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Quoted from arzoo:

Alien at 50 lol

This is hilarious. Looking over the last few ratings doesn't show any manipulation AT ALL

Just the typical 3.166, 7.184, 4.956, 10.000 stuff of every game.

The 10.000 from PeterG is my absolute favorite:
"This game deserves to be in the top 10 of pinside. Therefore the 10."

THAT is a high quality review of Alien right there.

#16488 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is hilarious. Looking over the last few ratings doesn't show any manipulation AT ALL

That's why I take the top 100# as a not realistic view of games. I buy what we like and don't give 2 sh%@ts where it's rated.

#16489 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I found mine was the same way when I swapped my sub out. I posted about it in the DIY sound thread one of the guys there smarter than me said it was no big deal and wouldn’t really change the sound too much.
If you want more bass I recommend just changing out the speakers all together. I mean just look at the difference. [quoted image]

I'm really considering doing a little do-it-yourself upgrade on the speakers in my cabinet.. But I'm also a total novice... So, two quick questions, what type of wires do I need to buy to attach to the speakers, and what do you call the white plastic thing that the wires are going into that connects to the other white plastic thing, and where do I get those? Sorry for being so new to this stuff -- I'm perfectly capable of doing all the work, just don't know what anything is called.

#16490 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

...what type of wires do I need to buy to attach to the speakers, and what do you call the white plastic thing that the wires are going into that connects to the other white plastic thing

Here you go buddy:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-2-factory-speaker-connector-set/

If you want a turnkey solution, full super kit and you'll never look back:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks,

Dan
+1 208-855-0346

PW-SPIKE-2-SPK-PTAIL - Upgraded speaker (resized).jpgPW-SPIKE-2-SPK-PTAIL - Upgraded speaker (resized).jpg
#16491 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm really considering doing a little do-it-yourself upgrade on the speakers in my cabinet.. But I'm also a total novice... So, two quick questions, what type of wires do I need to buy to attach to the speakers, and what do you call the white plastic thing that the wires are going into that connects to the other white plastic thing, and where do I get those? Sorry for being so new to this stuff -- I'm perfectly capable of doing all the work, just don't know what anything is called.

If you buy replacement speakers you don’t need new wires or molex connectors. Just unsolder the existing ones and solder them on to the new speakers.

#16492 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

And there it belongs

#16493 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Good info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

You can get as deep as you want and ask questions.

#16494 1 year ago

I'm using cn6 in the backbox to power up some undercab LED lights. Today I'm getting some speaker lights and both are at about one amp each. I want to be careful that I don't overload that circuit. Can I use cn11 on node board 1 for the undercab LED lights.

#16495 1 year ago

As another approach, I went simple this time and bought the Kenwood speaker backbox kit from pinballlife and the Boom Boom woofer, which is kind of like DIY but everything comes ready with the connectors to just swap out. I have tried most other makers kits including Flipper Fidelity, PinWoofer Pinwoofer, and Pinball Pro. I like all of them but I really like what Dan is doing with the Pinwoofer system and have that in another game and may go that route for this game at some point when the funds are available as I like the top end kit.

Another few tweaks/upgrades you can do after you change out the speakers is go into UTIL/VOL and change some settings. I switched to 4 ohms with my 4 Ohm speakers, I just found that sound cleaner than the 8ohm setting, but it seems different for others as with 8 ohms it is kind of like a low end boost at low volume levels.

I don't have the menus in front of me right now but there is another setting that you can change from a HIGH/LOW split of EQ to a graphic EG and then adjust each frequency separately. You can dial this in for the cabinet speaker and the backbox separately which really helps. I roll off anything below 125Hz on the backbox and push up above 2khz. For the cabinet speaker I roll off anything above 500hz gradually and by the time to get to the highest frequency slider it is off. Then I push up from 62hz to 250hz. I don't push up and actually pull the 32hz down about 6db as it just adds noise and overdrives the cabinet speaker.

Then I tweak the fade between the cabinet speaker and backbox to pull up the cabinet speaker some to balance the sound. I have my shaker set to Minimal as I am on a wood floor that is no ground level. There are more settings in there you can play with as well that I may have missed since it is not in front of me.

Good luck.

Quoted from Drain-O:

#16496 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I own an LE. Had it for a year. Love it.

#16497 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I rated it extremely low as I have only played one of the original games. I played like 3 times and the games broke while I played. Hard to give a game a fair shot if it won't last through one game.

#16498 1 year ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm a novice too, but read through all pages of the DIY audio thread linked above, and then made a shopping list spreadsheet to track things for myself (for future pins!) For $85, you can do a full upgrade yourself very easily.

Here's a link to that, if interested: https://bit.ly/sternaudio

#16499 1 year ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I rated it extremely low as I have only played one of the original games. I played like 3 times and the games broke while I played. Hard to give a game a fair shot if it won't last through one game.

Doesn't seem fair to rate a game with a low score just because it broke. Sounds like you have nothing to base a rating on.

#16500 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Doesn't seem fair to rate a game with a low score just because it broke. Sounds like you have nothing to base a rating on.

Lol, the problem with ratings is that people are involved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/330?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.