Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 327 of 547.
#16301 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's a wire loom used as ball trap preventer, should go behind Mecha on the plastic to prevent balls getting lodged there. You probably are missing a screw there as well unless the clip broke
[quoted image]

That's it. I'm missing the screw and washer, apparently. The clip is fine. My guess is they just threw the loom back there without a screw to hold it in place. I just took a random screw that fit and put it in for the time being to hold it there.

#16302 1 year ago

I just checked my leaf switch at 53 and it is very flat and straight. Yours looks a little bit bent down but not that much as there is pressure placed on the switch naturally from the gate. First, to adjust a leaf switch always use a leaf switch adjuster tool.

Here is a link to one - https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

Be careful when adjusting switches as a very little change can make a big difference. Also you would most likely want to adjust it further back than at the end, hard to say till you try but go slow. I would roll a ball through in both directions while in switch test and watch the motion of the switch and see if it closes the small plunger and it registers in the switch test. You can also move the gate manually and see what happens. Remember the ball may not move the gate as much as you do manually when it goes through and speed can play a factor sometimes.

Good luck and if anyone else wants to jump in please do as I wonder if it could be something else as well.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

OK, good call. I confirmed using the Diag -> Switches that my Opto 52 is actually working OK. In my case the one that is actually acting funny (I think) is physical gate switch 53 for Building Exit.
On a regular through-the-building shot, I get an Opto 52 trigger and nothing when the ball goes through the Switch 53 ball gate.
If I shoot backward up the return and around into the back of the building, or just push a pinball backward through the Switch 53 ball gate, Switch 53 triggers and then the Opto 52.
Looks like the end of the leaf is tilted down, so when the gate tilts on exit, it doesn't displace the leaf enough to trigger the microswitch. But on the other side (backward shot) the leaf is higher so the switch triggers when a ball passes.
Sound like I'm on the right track? This would all make sense with my symptoms (I think) as I can register hits to the building and damage buildup by passing through Opto 52. But it doesn't count as a shot through the building because it never fires Switch 53. Same with my situation where the Oxygen Destroyer wasn't defused since it looked like a strike at the front of the building (Opto 52 only) instead of a full pass through the building and return chute (Switch 53).
So do I just tweak the tail end of the leaf upward?
[quoted image]

#16303 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Find some quarters.

So I got my game on Halloween and really haven't played it since the diagnostic buttons are broken. Curious to what you guys think of this. I was told by my dist. I was getting a freshly made game from the Oct run. I receive the game and the box is kind of dirty and I check the production sticker and it's June 2022 and has code .97 loaded.

I thought it was weird cause my dist. texts me saying he just got a message from Stern , its coming off the line and I will be getting it shipped directly from them . He sent me the shipping slip and that is correct. Game looks fine out of the box, Just seemed weird to me and my Dist. seems stumped too...Any thoughts?

#16304 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I got my game on Halloween and really haven't played it since the diagnostic buttons are broken.

PSA for anyone having issues with the coin door buttons....

As long as you can press the menu button once, you can use the flipper buttons + start button to accomplish the same things

This was able to tide me over until my replacement buttons arrived.

#16305 1 year ago

My flipper buttons are a little off. You have to press a little more Firmly than sterns and it works fine. Good luck

#16306 1 year ago

is 5 Billion a meh, good, or great score on this pin?

#16307 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

is 5 Billion a meh, good, or great score on this pin?

Fantastic score.

#16308 1 year ago

Can someone link the playfield alignment brackets that are missing in Godzilla? I don't know what to search for on Pinballlife and can't find it.

#16309 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can someone link the playfield alignment brackets that are missing in Godzilla? I don't know what to search for on Pinballlife and can't find it.

Google this.

Switch plate bracket used on flipper mechs & as a playfield alignment bracket on Sega & Stern pinball machines.
Stern #535-7354-00.

#16310 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks. Now to hit the manual and see where it goes.
Doesn't hurt to add that plus the lane fix I think

#16311 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So I got my game on Halloween and really haven't played it since the diagnostic buttons are broken. Curious to what you guys think of this. I was told by my dist. I was getting a freshly made game from the Oct run. I receive the game and the box is kind of dirty and I check the production sticker and it's June 2022 and has code .97 loaded.
I thought it was weird cause my dist. texts me saying he just got a message from Stern , its coming off the line and I will be getting it shipped directly from them . He sent me the shipping slip and that is correct. Game looks fine out of the box, Just seemed weird to me and my Dist. seems stumped too...Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t be concerned about the build date as long as it was nib and in expected condition. Too bad about the coin door buttons tho. Can work with distributor or just buy the pinball life part for a fast resolution.

#16312 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I wonder if it got shelved in the factory temporarily while they were waiting on parts to finish it. It could be that everything was complete, save for a couple items they had earmarked to complete. I'm just throwing out a guess and don't know if they do this officially or not in production, but it would explain the strange dates

#16313 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I had to order this and just replaced mine. Works great now. Easy to install.
https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html

As mentioned in my previous post and it should probably be stickied across all other PINS. Pinball Life is aware of the flaw of the stock designs from wherever Stern gets them and has re-designed them. These are similar looking but mechanically different and as they even stated. "These are the good ones".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16314 1 year ago

I'd be willing to bet that the service button issues could be resolved by putting a dab of hot glue under where the button presses the pad.

I had an issue with both of my SF Rush 2049 games where the number keypad would require REALLY hard presses to work, if you could get it to work. But it was because over the years of people pressing it the rubber wore away that made the contact.

So opening it up, putting a dab of hot glue in there where the rubber that wore away was, then putting it back together again, had everything working as if it was brand new.

The one thing I don't know though is how easy it is to open up the area where the buttons are located. It might not be easy access to do that. Thankfully I've never had to look into it.

EDIT:

Here is the thread discussing it - https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/rush-2049-keypad-repair-notes.438278/

#16315 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I wonder if it got shelved in the factory temporarily while they were waiting on parts to finish it. It could be that everything was complete, save for a couple items they had earmarked to complete. I'm just throwing out a guess and don't know if they do this officially or not in production, but it would explain the strange dates

Or it was damaged in shipping and sent back to stern for repair.

#16316 1 year ago

I just gotta say that the change to Imposter Battle if fuckin blowhard. I used to get one every once in a while. Now I get one every once in a while and I get credit for it every once in a while.

I hope they fix this.

#16317 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I just gotta say that the change to Imposter Battle if fuckin blowhard. I used to get one every once in a while. Now I get one every once in a while and I get credit for it every once in a while.
I hope they fix this.

I've missed out on some myself since the spinner doesn't move enough to register a hit. Should be the switch or the spinner to get the award.

#16318 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

As mentioned in my previous post and it should probably be stickied across all other PINS. Pinball Life is aware of the flaw of the stock designs from wherever Stern gets them and has re-designed them. These are similar looking but mechanically different and as they even stated. "These are the good ones".
[quoted image]

Sorry didnt see that . Was just trying to help.

#16319 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've missed out on some myself since the spinner doesn't move enough to register a hit. Should be the switch or the spinner to get the award.

Adjust your switch so the ball will register it no matter how slow it goes through the spinner.

#16320 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust your switch so the ball will register it no matter how slow it goes through the spinner.

You mean just adjust the tiny leaf switch to super small gap?

#16321 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm not sure that's possible. If you only get a 1/4 turn on the spinner from the slow rolling ball - it depends on where the switch is at at that time.

The old imposter collect at the switch worked 100% for me previously.

#16322 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

You mean just adjust the tiny leaf switch to super small gap?

You should be able to bend the arm of the micro switch so that a ball cannot pass through that spinner without registering the microswitch.

#16323 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm not sure that's possible

See my post above.

#16324 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to bend the arm of the micro switch so that a ball cannot pass through that spinner without registering the microswitch.

I'll give it shot. Thanks.

#16325 1 year ago

Welp, every minutia is discussed around here, so... after getting real familiar with my GZ over the past couple months of ownership, I finally got around to noticing that the slingshots came from the factory with hair-trigger switch adjustment. That is, trigger switches were a gnat's ass from touching so if the ball so much as breezed by it would trigger. Most switches, you want them to be easily triggered, but the slings are crucial to ball control. I found the default adjustment a bit unreasonable in they would send the ball flying around at the slightest touch. I adjusted to add a little more gap, still in the realm of "fair and reasonable" as far as I am concerned, and it increased the fun of the game a lot for me, in the sense it increase ball control quite a bit. Curious how others' sling switches came from the factory and if you have farted around with this.

PS - they were like < 1mm and now they are probably ~2mm. this with the sling rubber on.

#16326 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Welp, every minutia is discussed around here, so... after getting real familiar with my GZ over the past couple months of ownership, I finally got around to noticing that the slingshots came from the factory with hair-trigger switch adjustment. That is, trigger switches were a gnat's ass from touching so if the ball so much as breezed by it would trigger. Most switches, you want them to be easily triggered, but the slings are crucial to ball control. I found the default adjustment a bit unreasonable in they would send the ball flying around at the slightest touch. I adjusted to add a little more gap, still in the realm of "fair and reasonable" as far as I am concerned, and it increased the fun of the game a lot for me, in the sense it increase ball control quite a bit. Curious how others' sling switches came from the factory and if you have farted around with this.
PS - they were like > 1mm and now they are probably ~2mm. this with the sling rubber on.

I left gaps the same, but turned sling power down. Plays good here

#16327 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

PS - they were like > 1mm and now they are probably ~2mm. this with the sling rubber on.

You did well.
At the factory they are just slapping those sling rubbers on as fast as possible. I guarantee you no one is checking the switch gaps on all the games. If the game is not machine gunning by switches touching, the game moves on out the door.

#16328 1 year ago

So I got a NIB Godzilla delivered a week ago, I set it and it seemed to play fine for the first 80 plays. After that every time a switch would hit my Mech target bank would rotate. I emailed tech support, they told me to check the set screw and the Opto LEDS.

Having done all this my issues is

In shield test mode, opto/switch 41 does not stay activated after it spins from the position of switch 42. I have tested the Opto and it seems to work.

Anyone else have this problem ?

#16329 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

PS - they were like < 1mm and now they are probably ~2mm. this with the sling rubber on.

I had to adjust one of my leaf switches as the upper right switch was too close and would sometimes even trigger without the ball hitting the sling and from just vibration

#16330 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

See my post above.

Thanks, I'm very familiar with the adjustment. I'll double check this weekend, but it may come down to the "resting" position of the spinner if the arm is about to actuate the switch or needs a half or more rotation still to contact the switch. Usually not an issue, but in this case the ball, if slow enough, will just barely move the spinner, certainly nowhere near a full rotation.

#16331 1 year ago

Just adjusted mine. I got it so that the spinner registers at least once even if I drop the ball from only a couple inches above the spinner. So I doubt it would ever be possible for the ball to go down that lane and not register the spinner. Same adjustment made for the gate, but as we know the ball can sneak around the side of that.

#16332 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just adjusted mine. I got it so that the spinner registers at least once even if I drop the ball from only a couple inches above the spinner. So I doubt it would ever be possible for the ball to go down that lane and not register the spinner. Same adjustment made for the gate, but as we know the ball can sneak around the side of that.

Cool, I'll have time this weekend to check it out. Does the spinner always come to rest with the arm on the switch, never at the topmost point away from the switch?

#16333 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Cool, I'll have time this weekend to check it out. Does the spinner always come to rest with the arm on the switch, never at the topmost point away from the switch?

After adjustment, the spinner arm is touching the switch actuator at all times.

#16334 1 year ago

Thanks drbrain - this leaf adjustment seems to have addressed my issue. Because of the overly downward tilt, a ball would easily actuate Switch 53 when going up (backward) but when going down (building shot) the chute, there wasn't enough displacement of the leaf. Didn't take too much of a tweak to make it right. I did a handful of tests of the Oxygen Destroyer and it defuses every time now. Doesn't seem like this area would need adjustment in the future but if it does, I know where to tweak.

Quoted from drbrain:

I just checked my leaf switch at 53 and it is very flat and straight. Yours looks a little bit bent down but not that much as there is pressure placed on the switch naturally from the gate. First, to adjust a leaf switch always use a leaf switch adjuster tool.
Here is a link to one - https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html
Be careful when adjusting switches as a very little change can make a big difference. Also you would most likely want to adjust it further back than at the end, hard to say till you try but go slow. I would roll a ball through in both directions while in switch test and watch the motion of the switch and see if it closes the small plunger and it registers in the switch test. You can also move the gate manually and see what happens. Remember the ball may not move the gate as much as you do manually when it goes through and speed can play a factor sometimes.
Good luck and if anyone else wants to jump in please do as I wonder if it could be something else as well.

Turns out in my case I had TWO issues. The Switch 53 issue above that was not registering and not defusing the Oxygen Destroyer - but also the set screw that holds the pulley to the building ballscrew (in the lower mechanism) had backed out. The stepper motor would start, turn the belt and two pulleys, but since the driven pulley was not anchored to the shaft, the building would never move. Easy one to fix, just orient the pulley set screw to the flat on the end of the ballscrew and tighten.

So, back in action with Godzilla multiball and building movement and with Oxygen Destroyer too.

Now to play some pinball with all the features working!

#16335 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now you need to confirm the spinner will still rip properly when hit hard and not just keep the switch closed most of the rip.

#16336 1 year ago

Great and glad I could help. I have decided I am going to lift the playfield up again and check everything like the house stuff you mentioned for tightness. I always do a pass on all the electronic connections and look for screws or things that may have dislodged in transit before I power a game up but this one has a lot of stuff going on underneath.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

Thanks drbrain - this leaf adjustment seems to have addressed my issue. Because of the overly downward tilt, a ball would easily actuate Switch 53 when going up (backward) but when going down (building shot) the chute, there wasn't enough displacement of the leaf. Didn't take too much of a tweak to make it right. I did a handful of tests of the Oxygen Destroyer and it defuses every time now. Doesn't seem like this area would need adjustment in the future but if it does, I know where to tweak.

Turns out in my case I had TWO issues. The Switch 53 issue above that was not registering and not defusing the Oxygen Destroyer - but also the set screw that holds the pulley to the building ballscrew (in the lower mechanism) had backed out. The stepper motor would start, turn the belt and two pulleys, but since the driven pulley was not anchored to the shaft, the building would never move. Easy one to fix, just orient the pulley set screw to the flat on the end of the ballscrew and tighten.
So, back in action with Godzilla multiball and building movement and with Oxygen Destroyer too.
Now to play some pinball with all the features working!

#16337 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Now you need to confirm the spinner will still rip properly when hit hard and not just keep the switch closed most of the rip.

Who do you think you’re talking to?

#16338 1 year ago

I haven’t messed around with power settings on my Premium since I’ve got it, but some of these comments have me thinking I should give it a try.

For those that have and are happy, what did you change up and any rough numbers to start?

#16339 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After adjustment, the spinner arm is touching the switch actuator at all times.

Thanks for the tip. This fix worked for me as well!

#16340 1 year ago
Quoted from Lazlo:

So I got a NIB Godzilla delivered a week ago, I set it and it seemed to play fine for the first 80 plays. After that every time a switch would hit my Mech target bank would rotate. I emailed tech support, they told me to check the set screw and the Opto LEDS.
Having done all this my issues is
In shield test mode, opto/switch 41 does not stay activated after it spins from the position of switch 42. I have tested the Opto and it seems to work.
Anyone else have this problem ?

This is very strange, because I had Switch 41 and 42 not working also today, but they are not optos, so how did you check the opto leds? Those switches are magnetic switches, at least on the Premium. By the way my problem was a loose V+ wire (the red one) that was not crimped nicely into the pin in a connector. Took some serious time to find that problem, as the wire was in the connector, but not making contact with the pin in the connector. Connector was at the very bottom of the playfield also, not near the switches. That red wire seems to go to several optos also.

#16341 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

This is very strange, because I had Switch 41 and 42 not working also today, but they are not optos, so how did you check the opto leds? Those switches are magnetic switches, at least on the Premium. By the way my problem was a loose V+ wire (the red one) that was not crimped nicely into the pin in a connector. Took some serious time to find that problem, as the wire was in the connector, but not making contact with the pin in the connector. Connector was at the very bottom of the playfield also, not near the switches. That red wire seems to go to several optos also.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

My distributior told me they were optos so I assumed they were. I was quite confused looking for them and seeing them not work. I guess when I passed my magnetic screw driver over they registered. I am new and assumed it was an optometrist.

#16342 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

If I remove the set screw from the motor I can freely spin the bank. When I spin it around the magnet passes over each mag sensor and works like I assume they should.

#16343 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I will also get to look at a functioning zilla premium tomorrow, hopefully I can compare mechs and see what's wrong.

#16344 1 year ago
Quoted from Lazlo:

My distributior told me they were optos so I assumed they were. I was quite confused looking for them and seeing them not work. I guess when I passed my magnetic screw driver over they registered. I am new and assumed it was an optometrist.

The godzilla premium/le calls switch 41/42 optos

Godzilla Stern Manual (resized).jpgGodzilla Stern Manual (resized).jpg
#16345 1 year ago

Hi, I need some help diagnosing a slingshot issue on my new GZ Premium, please. Both the slingshots were working well for the first few days, and then they both stopped working at the same time. They both DO work in the coil test, but are not activated when a ball hits, or I manually push on the rubber to close their switches. I made sure the connector is seated properly on Node Board 8, and can see no loose solder joints anywhere. Everything else controlled by Node 8 works fine.

That's all I know to check; what else should I do? Thanks for your help!

#16346 1 year ago

Do the switches register in test?

#16347 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do the switches register in test?

In the switch test, the left slingshot registers, and fires, but the right does not.

#16348 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

In the switch test, the left slingshot registers, and fires, but the right does not.

Look for broken wires on the right sling shot switches.

#16349 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Look for broken wires on the right sling shot switches.

Aha! I was only looking at the coil wires, doh! There's a loose green/black wire. I'm guessing it goes on the lug with the top white wire pictured?

IMG_4513 (resized).jpegIMG_4513 (resized).jpeg
#16350 1 year ago

Not sure. Compare it to the other slingshot switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 327 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.