Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 547.
#16201 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

oh man, can someone please make/sell this.
Reason : me trying to do anything ever at anytime....[quoted image]

We have one here: https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/abe-flips-godzilla-pinball-shooter-lane-fix

It’s nearly invisible and is a 100% fix.

#16202 1 year ago

Got mine on order! Thanks for making these, @lermods.

#16203 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Beacon mod- what’s the opinion on this? Is it too obnoxious and bright in your face, or is it ok?

I have it and don't find it distracting. I like how it is tied to the jackpots and multiball. I like the mod but these are all subjective.

#16204 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Those look mint! I found these I was going to go with but now i dont know....
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/godzilla-posters-stern-pinball-sideblades/

Here is a quick video of the side blades in action.

#16205 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Your game looks sick! I love the speaker lights.

#16206 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Your game looks sick! I love the speaker lights.

Thanks for that, it's definitely a work in progress. I've had the machine since July and have thrown a lot at it but still so much more in the works. Godzilla is not just a dream theme for me, more like a wet dream theme.

#16207 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Nice !

#16208 1 year ago

Ordered a premium for the Oct build and I haven’t heard anything from the company I ordered from? I saw a on Oct 14th Stern posted the Godzilla Premium builds were on the line. The 28th of Oct stern posted they are making TMNT. The company I ordered from is in Chicago so they probably just go and pick up the pins from stern. I don’t know maybe they are waiting on a part or something but I’m getting kinda frustrated. Anyone else waiting on an Oct build?

#16209 1 year ago

I am installing the Kenwood speaker and light ring kit from Pinballlife in my premium. I don't see anything in the instructions to change the backbox speaker setting to 4 Ohm. The speakers I am removing are 8 Ohms and the new ones are clearly marked 4 Ohm. Am I missing something or should I change the setting or is there no setting to change for the backbox speakers? I am also installing their Boom Boom cabinet speaker and that does say in the instructions to change the cabinet speaker setting to 4 Ohms.

Thanks for any input.

#16210 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Ordered a premium for the Oct build and I haven’t heard anything from the company I ordered from? I saw a on Oct 14th Stern posted the Godzilla Premium builds were on the line. The 28th of Oct stern posted they are making TMNT. The company I ordered from is in Chicago so they probably just go and pick up the pins from stern. I don’t know maybe they are waiting on a part or something but I’m getting kinda frustrated. Anyone else waiting on an Oct build?

I just got my October build on Thursday. I was told by my distributor that there are still 25 people on his list that won't get one this year.

I ordered in February.

#16211 1 year ago
Quoted from drbrain:

I am installing the Kenwood speaker and light ring kit from Pinballlife in my premium. I don't see anything in the instructions to change the backbox speaker setting to 4 Ohm. The speakers I am removing are 8 Ohms and the new ones are clearly marked 4 Ohm. Am I missing something or should I change the setting or is there no setting to change for the backbox speakers? I am also installing their Boom Boom cabinet speaker and that does say in the instructions to change the cabinet speaker setting to 4 Ohms.
Thanks for any input.

It is generally regarded to use the 8 ohm setting on Stern Spike 2 games, regardless if the speakers are 4 or 8 ohm themselves. Seems to be a gain setting and you won't damage anything. The 8 ohm setting will pack more punch at lower volumes, like a "Loud" setting on car stereos.

Of course, use whichever setting sounds better to you. You can also fine tune the EQ and attenuation settings.

There's a nice DIY thread with a lot of info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#16212 1 year ago

So I was attempting to adjust my saucer pop bumper sensitivity (it was firing seemingly at will) and one of the "tests" included banging moderately on the playfield a bit to ensure the pop wouldn't fire. That adjustment was successful but now I have a bunch of LEDs out. Specifically:

Shoot Again (520-5307-00) (Single PCB)
Adv. Fighter Left (" ")
Fighter Left 1, 2, 3 (520-8531-00) (Outlane 3W LED Board)
Maser (520-8532-00)
Maser Ready (" ")
Left Spinner (" ")
Tank 1 (" ")
Adv. Rampage (" ")

I checked the connectors on the 520-8532-00 and 520-8531-00 Boards and they seem snug. As for the two LEDs on the single PCB's (shoot again & Adv. Fighter Left) I did my best to see where these wire connections were likely connected to and checked those connections well. Having done that and with these LEDs still out I'm out of my depth I'm afraid. I figure my pounding on the playfield (albeit not that hard) is the cause of this (these LEDs were lighting up fine yesterday during game play). Any ideas? (I do not own a multimeter to check connectivity and otherwise will admit to my very limited knowledge of electronics / circuits, etc.). That said, happy to listen to any advice. Thanks much.

#16213 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just got my October build on Thursday. I was told by my distributor that there are still 25 people on his list that won't get one this year.
I ordered in February.

Yeah that sucks. However on the website I purchased from this distributor stated he is guaranteed 5 in OCT and still says he has some available. So I’m confused and getting irritated with the lack of communication.

#16214 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So I was attempting to adjust my saucer pop bumper sensitivity (it was firing seemingly at will) and one of the "tests" included banging moderately on the playfield a bit to ensure the pop wouldn't fire. That adjustment was successful but now I have a bunch of LEDs out. Specifically:
Adv. Fighter Left (" ")
Maser (520-8532-00)
Maser Ready (" ")
Left Spinner (" ")
Tank 1 (" ")
Adv. Rampage (" ")
I checked the connectors on the 520-8532-00 and 520-8531-00 Boards and they seem snug. As for the two LEDs on the single PCB's (shoot again & Adv. Fighter Left) I did my best to see where these wire connections were likely connected to and checked those connections well. Having done that and with these LEDs still out I'm out of my depth I'm afraid. I figure my pounding on the playfield (albeit not that hard) is the cause of this (these LEDs were lighting up fine yesterday during game play). Any ideas? (I do not own a multimeter to check connectivity and otherwise will admit to my very limited knowledge of electronics / circuits, etc.). That said, happy to listen to any advice. Thanks much.

There is almost no way you damaged the LEDs by just banging on the playfield. Your instincts are correct to look for a connector that fell off - probably you just didn’t find the right one yet.

#16215 1 year ago

Brand new tutorials for GZ will be stream live this week on the chromecandy twitch account. Whether you are new to the game, or a top tournament player, there will be tips for everyone to improve their score. Will post official dates when known.

https://m.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball

#16216 1 year ago

Found this big ass nut in my cab… any ideas?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16217 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image]

Nut for the magnet

#16219 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is almost no way you damaged the LEDs by just banging on the playfield. Your instincts are correct to look for a connector that fell off - probably you just didn’t find the right one yet.

Yeah, that's what I figured as well... I'll keep looking for a loose connector at this point... That said, if any others have alternative ideas fire away. Thanks all.

#16220 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Adv. Fighter Left (" ")
Maser (520-8532-00)
Maser Ready (" ")
Left Spinner (" ")
Tank 1 (" ")
Adv. Rampage (" ")

Check out page 18 of the manual. That tells you what node board and what connector each light is associated with. For example a lot of the lights you listed are on node board 8, CN 1. I’d start by looking at Node 8 and the connection for those lights.

#16221 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just installed the lighted side blades from PinGraffix and I must say, I'm impressed. I never would have thought I would remove my mirror blades but no regrets here, I'm digging these!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If the mirror blades aren't scratched or anything and you are looking to sell em, shoot me a PM.

#16222 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Check out page 18 of the manual. That tells you what node board and what connector each light is associated with. For example a lot of the lights you listed are on node board 8, CN 1. I’d start by looking at Node 8 and the connection for those lights.

Will do. Thanks.

#16223 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image]

Coin door lock!

#16224 1 year ago

Love all my mirror blades. My go to. The only pin I didn't use mirrors on is Sth. Have them ready for GZ. The blades you picked cool too!

#16225 1 year ago

I was playing today and killed Ebirah in Tokyo and then went to London. But whilst (ha, get it?) I was there I couldn't light Kaiju again. Just 2 ramps and then scoop, right?

#16226 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I was playing today and killed Ebirah in Tokyo and then went to London. But whilst (ha, get it?) I was there I couldn't light Kaiju again. Just 2 ramps and then scoop, right?

As long as certain other modes weren’t running, yes.

#16227 1 year ago

Glad you offer this for sale thanks

However, anyone in Australia have this shooter lane fix? I can't pay $57 USD for shipping, with the exchange rate thats $100 shipping for a $20 part

#16228 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

However, anyone in Australia have this shooter lane fix? I can't pay $57 USD for shipping, with the exchange rate thats $100 shipping for a $20 part

Reach out to Lermods, I believe he offers the STL file for free so you can have it printed locally.

#16229 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Reach out to Lermods, I believe he offers the STL file for free so you can have it printed locally.

Yes, we posted the stl file, you can print it yourself or find a friend to print it for you. The link is in this thread and in the standalone thread I created, just search my username. Shipping overseas on something like this doesn’t make much sense on its own.

#16230 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

In a new city it’s back to the original rules, one right and one left ramp. And just fyi in a new city you can’t battle one from a past city.

#16231 1 year ago

Stupid question:

Is installing the official Stern side armor simply removing two screws and two bolts on each side, putting the new armor up, and screwing the two screws and bolts and then putting in the extra screw? Is there anything else? I can't seem to find a video or instructions, leading me to believe I'm overthinking things.

#16232 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Stupid question:
Is installing the official Stern side armor simply removing two screws and two bolts on each side, putting the new armor up, and screwing the two screws and bolts and then putting in the extra screw? Is there anything else? I can't seem to find a video or instructions, leading me to believe I'm overthinking things.

Yes, that is it. You will need to lower the head to get the back bolts out (and put them back in). It’s pretty straight forward and they look great!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16233 1 year ago
Quoted from bajm:

Yes, that is it. You will need to lower the head to get the back bolts out (and put them back in). It’s pretty straight forward and they look great!
[quoted image]

Thanks! I see you didn't put the extra screw under the flipper button. Any reason?

#16234 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks! I see you didn't put the extra screw under the flipper button. Any reason?

Haven’t gotten to it yet. I normally pre-drill it and then add the screw but you can just screw it in without a pre/drill. I will be adding the screw as I think it finishes it off.

#16235 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Buy the metal one off pinside shops. It’s awesome. Did that right away.

Could you include a link? I couldnt find it.

#16236 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Any idea if they'll fit over existing sideblades, or is the clearance too narrow? (Have an LE; as much I'd love to pull the trigger on this, I suspect I may not be able to...)

#16237 1 year ago

Been a long wait (15 months) and a strange journey (HW->UM->GZ) but tomorrow is the scheduled delivery, finally! Our first NIB Stern.

20221030_112325 (resized).jpg20221030_112325 (resized).jpg20221031_080831 (resized).jpg20221031_080831 (resized).jpg

#16238 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Give Colywobbles a pm he makes these out of thin acrylic, super smooth and pretty much invisible in clear, believe this fix originated over this side of the pond and it’s been tested, bet he could hook you up.

I just posted a few apron plastics for Deadpool to NZ/Aus and it was about 11-16 GBP 1st class last week.

#16239 1 year ago

Animal I think he is referring to this one which I ordered last week.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/05861-under-the-bridge-plastic-replacement

Quoted from Animal:

Could you include a link? I couldnt find it.

#16240 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Been a long wait (15 months) and a strange journey (HW->UM->GZ) but tomorrow is the scheduled delivery, finally! Last slot in our basement game room!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jealous. I want a Rick and Morty. How does it play?

#16241 1 year ago

Thanks awesome1 I noticed some distortion when set to 8 ohms with the 4 ohm backbox speakers so changed it to 4 ohms and it sounds great. I agree with the low end punch, like a boost setting at 8 ohms but the distortion was too obvious. Also the original cabinet speaker was a 4 ohm speaker and it had some digital like static with the specific low end sounds when the ball is lost and the bonuses are adding up (the boom, boom, boom). I replaced that with the one from Pinballlife and set it to 4 ohms with their suggested EQ and fade settings and it sounds good.

Quoted from awesome1:

It is generally regarded to use the 8 ohm setting on Stern Spike 2 games, regardless if the speakers are 4 or 8 ohm themselves. Seems to be a gain setting and you won't damage anything. The 8 ohm setting will pack more punch at lower volumes, like a "Loud" setting on car stereos.
Of course, use whichever setting sounds better to you. You can also fine tune the EQ and attenuation settings.
There's a nice DIY thread with a lot of info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

#16242 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Jealous. I want a Rick and Morty. How does it play?

It's definitely different than any Stern or JJP. Rules are relatively simple but the theme integration is probably one of the best. Has an unusual bonus logic where you earn a percentage of your score for each ball based on the number of seeds you collect. The modes (adventures) can be stacked with different dimensions, some of which are visual, some alter scoring, and some mess with the flippers and stuff. Makes for an unusual and fun pin. Game play can be brutally fast and hard.

#16243 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Any idea if they'll fit over existing sideblades, or is the clearance too narrow? (Have an LE; as much I'd love to pull the trigger on this, I suspect I may not be able to...)

These actually have a pretty slim profile for all they have packed into them. I would think they would Mount just fine over factory installed side art. That said, it's not my precious snowflake, it would be an absolute tragedy if you install them, they don't work and you damage the original blades in the process. Maybe best to reach out to Joe at PinGraffix and get his opinion.

#16244 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those who are interested in the dimensions, here is another version you can try:
thickness = 0.07 inch
[quoted image]

Is that stainless? Looks great, are you selling those?
thx

#16245 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

I was wondering if it was wood!

ABE_FLIPS any thoughts on your fix being made out of wood? Specifically thinking a hardwood veneer stained black could be pretty nice…

I may give it a go when I’ve got some time!

#16246 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

thx

No, it was a messured piece of paper, later edited in photoshop, just for imagination.

Quoted from Pugster:

ABE_FLIPS any thoughts on your fix being made out of wood? Specifically thinking a hardwood veneer stained black could be pretty nice…

Didn't thought about it, sure give it ago. I'm curious how it will work.

#16247 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Definitely give some thought to the front edge, and make sure the ball doesn't continually hit that front corner, otherwise it will chip.

I 3D printed a couple lengths of this fix, and the shortest one had an exposed edge that the ball eventually crushed, which pulled it off the adhesive. I ended up sanding down the edge to sort of a ramp so that it was a more smooth transition, and eventually just printed it longer so the ball it already past the edge and just hits the main part of the plastic.

#16248 1 year ago

This Abe-Flips fix would be a great project for Cliffy maybe? I think a stainless one would look great.

#16249 1 year ago

I wonder if there is anyway to guess the Numbers of Godzilla Pros and Premiums Stern has cranked out.

6000+
1200+

How many can the crank out a month?

#16250 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So I checked the light matrix on Page 18 of the manual and it appears all the LEDs that are out are driven by the Node 8c Extension Board (primarily driven from Node 8). I re-checked all the connectors on both the Node 8 board as well as the 8c Node Extension Board to ensure they were seated properly and nothing appears out of place but LEDs still don't function. Could I have potentially shorted something out inadvertently? I was hoping this was simply a connector issue...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/325?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.