IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 544.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Same here. I'm rescheduling my work now to have Friday afternoon off to pick up, set up, and play the shit out of it. I look forward to every new pin that comes through the door but I'm especially stoked for this one.
Speaking of picking up, I assume there's no harm in putting boxed pins on their backs? The "truck this side" side being the back, of course. I don't really want to unbox it at the distro. Normally my NIBs have come upright in box trucks, but I don't remember anything about them that would make this an issue. Heads are strapped down, balls and loose hardware are in the coinbox which is pinned to the coinbox clip, manuals/certificate are bagged and stapled to the inside wall, etc.

I’m going to need to get it delivered. Plus I’m fighting off what I hope is a cold, so I might have to wait an extra couple days. Hoping it doesn’t work out that way. I’m super excited!

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Just confirming I am definitely on second run premiums, and will be getting my machine by the end of February. I believe they’re into third run preorders now, and that will be early to mid summer.

Looks like I'm on the 2nd run of Premiums as well. Oh well, just picked up a JP3 Pro and its been keeping me entertained.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Whos your distrib?

Shane mainehomerec (https://www.mainehomerecreation.com)

I've purchased a number of pins from him, always a pleasure to do business with!

#1554 2 years ago

This game is amazing. Believe the hype!

29C813A7-E43F-4EA6-A56C-EEB8C126EAFC (resized).png29C813A7-E43F-4EA6-A56C-EEB8C126EAFC (resized).pngFFAA0158-FFE7-4D08-B34B-6BD84542A0A8 (resized).jpegFFAA0158-FFE7-4D08-B34B-6BD84542A0A8 (resized).jpeg
#1555 2 years ago

I just dropped $1000 on my deposit for a premium. March ETA from Game Exchange Colorado. This will be my 3rd pin, maybe 4th by the time it gets here!!! I have a Star Wars Comic Art Premium, Hobbit, and may grab a Star Wars Episode 1 this weekend.

#1556 2 years ago

Got to play a pro today for about 1/2 an hour. The game flowed really well and felt polished (not sure what code it was). Nice variety of shots and none seemed impossible to hit. The art was gorgeous. My wife even liked it!

#1557 2 years ago

JJ at Game Exchange Colorado is awesome. You’re in great hands!

#1558 2 years ago

Just got my LE. I have a node board 8 over current error. Reseated everything and it removed the trough error but over current is still there. I have no white GI lights in the lower playfield. Can anyone assist?

#1559 2 years ago

Just put a 25 year old Velodyne sub back into service with the Pinsub Spike kit, sounds pretty cool. Was curious, for those that add an external sub do you disable the pins built in sub or do you just leave both active?

PXL_20211103_231924500 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_231924500 (resized).jpg
#1560 2 years ago

Anyone using chrome steel balls and any thought or experience if they will get magnetized in this game?

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Shane
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b7d8407386105168b48843b55a99ce902da10160-1635985495-1800"};
//]]>

mainehomerec (https://www.mainehomerecreation.com)
I've purchased a number of pins from him, always a pleasure to do business with!

That is who I go with and just got my call today from.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just put a 25 year old Velodyne sub back into service with the Pinsub Spike kit, sounds pretty cool. Was curious, for those that add an external sub do you disable the pins built in sub or do you just leave both active?
[quoted image]

I leave both active. The cabinet speaker is a little more midrange as well.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Just got my LE. I have a node board 8 over current error. Reseated everything and it removed the trough error but over current is still there. I have no white GI lights in the lower playfield. Can anyone assist?

Could be one of the LEDs shorting out in lower GI.

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Anyone using chrome steel balls and any thought or experience if they will get magnetized in this game?

Magnet use in this game is HUGE. I wouldn't use those.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Could be one of the LEDs shorting out in lower GI.

I have red GI but not white on the lower playfield. We unplugged the connector and there is no over current error.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Follow your bad GI lights to the node board that controls them. With machine on push on the wires (not connectors) and see if you can get the lights to flicker. If this works remove that connector, push wire to reseat the pin in the connector, reconnect . Do this to each connection on that node board

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Follow your bad GI lights to the node board that controls them. With machine on push on the wires (not connectors) and see if you can get the lights to flicker. If this works remove that connector, push wire to reseat the pin in the connector, reconnect . Do this to each connection on that node board

Gave this a try, nothing flickers.

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Magnet use in this game is HUGE. I wouldn't use those.

That was my guess. Thanks for the reply.

#1569 2 years ago

Anyone seeing premiums delivered yet?

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

We got our shipping notice for it…

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You have a short, probably a bit of errant solder in one of the GI sockets this is not that uncommon to make it out the door having this error with Stern's high-quality final QA check. Post a pic of the screen with the error and I'll tell you which sockets to check.

You might find this thread entertaining (same problem):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It sounds like the arm is putting too much pressure on the switch button, so there's not much room between pressed and not pressed and when the arm relaxes to the home position it can't always get high enough to release pressure on the button. Definitely think bending the arm a little to release some of the pressure when at rest will help the switch fully release so it registers consistently.
If that doesn't work, the switch itself may be bad inside.

I fiddled around a little more with the switch to see if it would resolve and it did not. Your recommendations and those of others sound reasonable, but I first wrote to the distributor to let them know of this issue (since it was like this upon arrival) saying I'd be glad to try to do these adjustments but wanted to find out first if that's how they'd like to handle it.

If the switch or switch + arm combo needs replacing, is this a simple thing where I can just buy a standard whatever online and remove and replace the current one?

Another thing: I notice when having the playfield up that there is a faint smell of like something electrical burning or having burned. I see nothing visibly wrong and it is not a strong smell, I just assume it isn't supposed to be there. If it's not, any idea for what to check?

In the mean time, I've gone into the switch menu and set that switch to out of service. Wondering if the code does something to compensate for this.

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Gave this a try, nothing flickers.

Okay, I had your exact experience on a NIB SW Premium years ago...went on for a month and drove me nuts..

Turned out to be a small errant piece of wire in one of the GI sockets...it would short the GI strand and the Overcurrent protection would kick in...

Here's what I did:

Take a can of compressed air / or compressor and blow out each GI socket, inspecting each with a magnifying glass first to see if you are missing something...It could be very small but rattling around inside the socket with coil firings...

Reinsert the GI lighting and test again...

If that doesn't work. replace each bulb one by one until you find the culprit, could be a bad bulb also

Hope this works for you

#1574 2 years ago

LE 123 is in the house! Stern made an amazing game.

20211103_165801 (resized).jpg20211103_165801 (resized).jpg
#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

LE 123 is in the house! Stern made an amazing game.
[quoted image]

that's a nice sized hole on the box, I take it nothing was damaged?

#1576 2 years ago

Did a short unboxing / initial reaction video of my LE for my new podcast if anyone is interested.

#1577 2 years ago

Is this normal?

Post passes on the game are huge lob passes.

Have the game at 6.5 but the bubble (which I know isn't always accurate) is way up to the top.

On all my other games, which are set at 6.5, the bubble is close to the middle.

Thoughts?

PXL_20211104_033446880 (resized).jpgPXL_20211104_033446880 (resized).jpg
#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

that's a nice sized hole on the box, I take it nothing was damaged?

Just a little bit of a nick, could have been much worse. FedEx guys said they could ship it back to Stern. I will live with it the way it is.

#1579 2 years ago

For anyone still waiting on their LE from me… I’m waiting for freight to arrive to my warehouse, the games sat in Chicago for 4 days without moving. They should be here Monday… thanks for your patience.

Premiums are on the line now for anyone in the first run.

#1580 2 years ago

I just got my LE and as always the first thing I did was to tear it down and add a playfield protector and replace all of the rings with Titan Perfect Play rings. This thing is the bomb!
An operator helped me to pick up my pin from Little Shop Of Games (thanks Courtland!) and mentioned that his pro on location was seeing much higher ball damage than normal and that I should replace the balls more frequently than I’m used to.
When installing the playfield protector I noticed the possible cause: a really sharp exposed set of edges in the back left where the ball goes up the left ramp. I had noticed a lot of rattling when this shot doesn’t quite make it and this area appears to be the cause of the ball wear and rattling. (See picture). I cut one of the larger stock rings that I had removed and stuffed it in between the two metal edges in an attempt to lessen this ball damage. I made sure that it sits a bit proud of the edges. After putting it all back together and playing, it seems to make a significant difference with the rattling effect and the rubber appears to want to stay in place.
Anybody have a better idea on how to fix this?

4A6C1B36-78F5-4526-9173-A1063748B4FD (resized).jpeg4A6C1B36-78F5-4526-9173-A1063748B4FD (resized).jpeg4D4AC440-D6B3-429C-BD67-22577007105D (resized).jpeg4D4AC440-D6B3-429C-BD67-22577007105D (resized).jpeg

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I made sure that it sits a bit proud of the edges. After putting it all back together and playing, it seems to make a significant difference with the rattling effect and the rubber appears to want to stay in place.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, really weird there's not a slim post where those two lane guides don't quite come together.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Yes, my Premium delivery is today.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, really weird there's not a slim post where those two lane guides don't quite come together.

Good spot to add one.

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just got my LE and as always the first thing I did was to tear it down and add a playfield protector and replace all of the rings with Titan Perfect Play rings. This thing is the bomb!
An operator helped me to pick up my pin from Little Shop Of Games (thanks Courtland!) and mentioned that his pro on location was seeing much higher ball damage than normal and that I should replace the balls more frequently than I’m used to.
When installing the playfield protector I noticed the possible cause: a really sharp exposed set of edges in the back left where the ball goes up the left ramp. I had noticed a lot of rattling when this shot doesn’t quite make it and this area appears to be the cause of the ball wear and rattling. (See picture). I cut one of the larger stock rings that I had removed and stuffed it in between the two metal edges in an attempt to lessen this ball damage. I made sure that it sits a bit proud of the edges. After putting it all back together and playing, it seems to make a significant difference with the rattling effect and the rubber appears to want to stay in place.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have decided to try a different fix for this. I just ordered this: (I always order extra of just about everything so I ordered 5 instead of 1)
F4D8C0DF-BA2A-469B-B16F-0D8B0EB9E802 (resized).jpegF4D8C0DF-BA2A-469B-B16F-0D8B0EB9E802 (resized).jpeg

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

An operator helped me to pick up my pin from Little Shop Of Games (thanks Courtland!) and mentioned that his pro on location was seeing much higher ball damage than normal and that I should replace the balls more frequently than I’m used to

I can vouch for this as well. Not the cause but the effect as the LE I played on location had very visibly TRASHED balls. Like 1986 project machine balls.

It definitely struck me due to how new the game was.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is this normal?

Have the game at 6.5 but the bubble (which I know isn't always accurate) is way up to the top.
Thoughts?[quoted image]

Post passes are almost impossible. I am sure this is by design. Never look at that bubble. I do think this game plays better around 6.7ish.

#1587 2 years ago

Is there an iphone app for Insider Connect?

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there an iphone app for Insider Connect?

Not yet. Gomez is on record saying it will come out in the future.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Just a little bit of a nick, could have been much worse. FedEx guys said they could ship it back to Stern. I will live with it the way it is.

Contact stern , I assume its a decal that got nicked? They can send you a new one with proof of the damage even if you dont replace it good to have on hand.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Post passes are almost impossible. I am sure this is by design. Never look at that bubble. I do think this game plays better around 6.7ish.

Mine are more than impossible it seems. It's a huge lob shot even when I try to do it very gently.

Are other people experiencing this?

#1591 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone here has ordered a premium from Cointaker and if so have they heard anything from them yet. I ordered from them and I'm hoping to hear something soon.

#1592 2 years ago

Just saying what we observed at expo. As I did look. Most of the machines that played nice there did not have much of a slope, on the machine.

#1593 2 years ago

Mine are more than impossible it seems. It's a huge lob shot even when I try to do it very gently.
Are other people experiencing this?

I watched a bit of Deadflip playing a Premium last night, and he couldn't get the post pass down (at least early in the stream).

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yes, I did. Premiums due in March, maybe later. No first run Premiums available.

Good to know. I’m on the second run list with Trent.

#1595 2 years ago

Anyone else using their knee to charge the heat ray? Or their belly? Or what ever else is available?

#1596 2 years ago

Picked up LE #781 after work yesterday. Got home and set it up, and though I've only played about a half dozen games on it, I'm loving it!

A couple small tweaks-- the right-hand scoop connector was totally disconnected and needed to be plugged in. The left side wire form needed to move left, as the ball got stuck on the sling plastic.

The one very weird and disturbing thing is rust on both interior brackets of the powder-coated lockbar. Anyone else have this?

RustLockbarGodzilla2 (resized).jpgRustLockbarGodzilla2 (resized).jpgRustLockbarGodzilla3 (resized).jpgRustLockbarGodzilla3 (resized).jpg
#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Anyone else using their knee to charge the heat ray? Or their belly? Or what ever else is available?

i have used my nose and forehead. LOL hard to see the balls in time though.... im too fat to get my leg up there. maybe i could plop my belly up there.

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Picked up LE #781 after work yesterday. Got home and set it up, and though I've only played about a half dozen games on it, I'm loving it!
A couple small tweaks-- the right-hand scoop connector was totally disconnected and needed to be plugged in. The left side wire form needed to move left, as the ball got stuck on the sling plastic.
The one very weird and disturbing thing is rust on both interior brackets of the powder-coated lockbar. Anyone else have this?[quoted image][quoted image]

mine are that way too. im guessing its due to the fact they dont powder coat at the ends where the clasps connect. it would get beat to crap anyway. (or would make it harder to lock it down due to thickness/space.

#1599 2 years ago

All those metal pieces are raw until they get powder coated

#1600 2 years ago

I believe some are designed so you can’t post pass…
I usually shoot the Tesla to lob over,
But yah I can’t post pass on this or AIQ

Is this normal?

Thoughts?[quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.