PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 548.
#15751 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Definitely not $1500, it’s about half that. And worth every penny![quoted image]

Are we talking about the dog?

#15752 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The left spinner is the hardest for me. To hit the pop I wait as long as possible to hit the left flipper. The scoop, a tiny bit less.

Same with me on the left spinner. A tip...it seems that when I go for the Maser, more often than not, I hit the left spinner. So when I'm fighting Ebirah and need the left spinner, I just try for the Maser lol.

#15753 1 year ago

I spoke too soon, tonight I can't hit the scoop for the life of me ugh

#15754 1 year ago

Is the shooter lane delivering inconsistencies for everyone?

#15755 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Woohoo I got THE CALL today!

Same!!! I made my payment today and was told it should probably ship on Friday.

I got super-super lucky to get mine so quickly. I got put on a waitlist (#4) for an allotment my distributor had for the planned run next year. I was not expecting to get it being that far down on the waitlist, so they put me down for a JP as my backup. Only 3 weeks after getting on the waitlist, I got notified that this new batch was being built and my distributor got some of the allotment. They offered me a spot and I obviously took it. Now 6 weeks after getting on a waitlist, I'm getting my Premium. I can't wait for it to get here next week! I need to calm myself down now before I spend waaaaaay too much on everyone's cool mods.

#15756 1 year ago

#15757 1 year ago

Got hooked up with a premium at msrp. Bob at paradise amusements was awesome to deal with. I thought it was crazy some distributors wanting more than 12k for this current fall run. This is my second stern since Metallica...very excited .

#15758 1 year ago

I also received my machine this week and July build with rougher lockdown bar with smooth side rails - I got the Godzilla etched side rails too and they don't really match. Not sure if it's worth powdercoating yet or sticking with what I have? Most people seem to have stuck with the regular black....

#15759 1 year ago

Where are the auto plunger power setting adjustments located? Thanks.

#15760 1 year ago

I am having a minor problem with my Godzilla premium. Sometimes, when I shoot the ball into the lock it doesn’t register. The vibrations from the ball search function shake the ball loose and the game tries to upkick the ball to the roof; however, the building is moving as part of the ball search and any ball previously locked is released and goes straight down the middle. If I shake the game (sometimes causing a tilt), the ball will kick up to the roof. Raising the playfield to see where the ball is located when stuck will shake the playfield enough to clear the issue and I can’t see where the hang up is. Any ideas on how to proceed? My playfield angle is currently 6.8 degrees.

#15761 1 year ago

I received a Premium the other day. Wasn't even searching for one and a Facebook post from a Stern distributor said they had a few coming in. Ten minutes later I had one paid for on my Citibank and it showed up 4 days later. They sold it to me for MSRP plus $200 for shipping. I sent a few friends to the distributor and he has since sold out.

I think they are out there if you just call around. Economy is going to get tough and they will become more available.

BTW, the game is pretty awesome and lives up to the hype. Nothing out there shoots like it.

#15762 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is the shooter lane delivering inconsistencies for everyone?

It seems to be a common problem. Mine shot terrible. I did as much adjustments as I could and it is much better, but still get rattled shots a good deal of the time. I think it is inherent to the design with the slanted metal ramp drop off leaving the shooter. Things I did included adding playfield stabilizer brackets, centering the shooter housing, and putting in a shorter barrel spring on the outside to bring plunger tip closer to the ball.

#15763 1 year ago

Our premium should be here soon, just glad we were able to get in under the wire before the likely Stern '23 price increase.

#15764 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I am having a minor problem with my Godzilla premium. Sometimes, when I shoot the ball into the lock it doesn’t register. The vibrations from the ball search function shake the ball loose and the game tries to upkick the ball to the roof; however, the building is moving as part of the ball search and any ball previously locked is released and goes straight down the middle. If I shake the game (sometimes causing a tilt), the ball will kick up to the roof. Raising the playfield to see where the ball is located when stuck will shake the playfield enough to clear the issue and I can’t see where the hang up is. Any ideas on how to proceed? My playfield angle is currently 6.8 degrees.

Try this...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/303#post-7156594

#15765 1 year ago

Thanks. I have those under my other (non-shaking) pins now. Do they dampen the shaking of the house?

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

crunchysue
I put these under mine on hardwood, also makes it easy to pull out to work on.
SoftTouch 1 5/8" Round Reusable Carpet Bottom Furniture Caster Cups to Protect Hardwood, Tile or Laminate Floors, Brown/Gray (4 Pack) https://a.co/d/2EBAwic

#15766 1 year ago

I just got the new "Shoot the umm...wamps to light Kaiju battle" callout last night. I laughed so hard I almost drained my ball, great callback to to old code, I do kinda miss that guy though

#15767 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It seems to be a common problem. Mine shot terrible. I did as much adjustments as I could and it is much better, but still get rattled shots a good deal of the time. I think it is inherent to the design with the slanted metal ramp drop off leaving the shooter. Things I did included adding playfield stabilizer brackets, centering the shooter housing, and putting in a shorter barrel spring on the outside to bring plunger tip closer to the ball.

Thanks jackd104 I’ll keep tinkering with it.

#15768 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just got the new "Shoot the umm...wamps to light Kaiju battle" callout last night. I laughed so hard I almost drained my ball, great callback to to old code, I do kinda miss that guy though

My new fave. It's also pretty rare...which makes it all the better.

#15769 1 year ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Thanks. I have those under my other (non-shaking) pins now. Do they dampen the shaking of the house?

My pins are in my basement, so I don’t have a problem with them shaking the house. I do have my shaker set pretty high on GZ, but I don’t notice shaking outside of that pin.

#15770 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I spoke too soon, tonight I can't hit the scoop for the life of me ugh

I’m a pretty mediocre player but I’ve found if I concentrate on hitting the left flipper button “lightly” it slows me down enough to make the scoop more consistently. Normally I’m so fired up I really go in for the kill and end up early…

Left spinner, that is my nemesis. Consistently inconsistent sums it up for me…

#15771 1 year ago

OK so I think I found a more permanent fix for the Prem/LE issue reported by multiple users of a ball going through the building in the lock position but not being found. Issue seems to be that the ball gets stuck in the gap between the subway and VUK, with end result of game going into ball search. Specially annoying if it’s the first locked ball because as your ball is finally found and kicked up, the building goes down during ball search and you end up losing the locked ball. I believe this only happens in machines where that gap is slightly larger than it should be from factory, just enough to trap a ball. Previously it was suggested to place a business card to close the gap, which I did and it worked well for a while, but after some time the issue occurred again, I imagine I didn’t place the card correctly or it gave in.

So this is my fix. It helps to use clamps or some other trick to lift the back of the playfield for access, I used these ones from Harbor Freight suggested in a video by Cary Hardy.
EB9F1CF5-C2E4-42B6-B452-A9E6885CAFFE (resized).jpegEB9F1CF5-C2E4-42B6-B452-A9E6885CAFFE (resized).jpeg27E2CA86-8951-4067-AF4B-64E516C400DA (resized).jpeg27E2CA86-8951-4067-AF4B-64E516C400DA (resized).jpegC01C88B7-7889-4D5C-A8D4-E3E238C01EC3 (resized).jpegC01C88B7-7889-4D5C-A8D4-E3E238C01EC3 (resized).jpeg
The vertical tunnel/subway that brings the ball from the VUK to the top of the building has 3 screws on each side. I removed them and placed 2 small washers behind the top screws on each side between the backboard and the tunnel/subway, placed 1 washer behind the middle screws, and no washer behind the bottom screws. It took a while to get it all done because it’s tricky to hold the washers in place while you replace the screws. I used a small flat screwdriver to press the washers in position and was patient when they kept falling until I finally got them all in.
31E53F38-ADDC-4F22-B9D0-E79FA6D778FC (resized).jpeg31E53F38-ADDC-4F22-B9D0-E79FA6D778FC (resized).jpegTop:951F48DC-4AD2-43D9-8A8F-F682FF768F06 (resized).jpeg951F48DC-4AD2-43D9-8A8F-F682FF768F06 (resized).jpegMiddle:2A0C4F90-2EC6-4354-9D86-5E77CFB2D429 (resized).jpeg2A0C4F90-2EC6-4354-9D86-5E77CFB2D429 (resized).jpegBottom:BBC40690-6331-4DD4-83FC-69D748D47EE0 (resized).jpegBBC40690-6331-4DD4-83FC-69D748D47EE0 (resized).jpeg
End result is that the vertical tunnel/subway gets tilted back from the top just a bit. This leads to ever so slight closing of the gap between the bottom subway and VUK, as well as slight tilting back of the VUK plate. I think the combination of both of these prevents the ball from getting stuck in the gap. In my case at least I have not had a single instance of a trapped ball after many plays and testing over the last 2 weeks. I’ll report back it it fails.

End result:6A2BCAD9-D714-4F47-B97F-740FFC2801D5 (resized).jpeg6A2BCAD9-D714-4F47-B97F-740FFC2801D5 (resized).jpegGap:CFF5D4B5-68AE-4979-9714-882A0CB12AB8 (resized).jpegCFF5D4B5-68AE-4979-9714-882A0CB12AB8 (resized).jpeg
Just wanted to share this in case this might help somebody else.

#15772 1 year ago

Just got the call from my distributor that my zilla will be shipped next wk.
So stoked…happy day!

#15773 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The left spinner is the hardest for me. To hit the pop I wait as long as possible to hit the left flipper. The scoop, a tiny bit less.

That is my toughest shot as well, but as I've been getting better at it I'm starting to hate it more. I lose the ball a lot after successfully hitting the shot. Sometimes it will travel partway up the loop and then gracefully roll perfectly through the left outlane. Other times, it will bounce off the post below the loop with the perfect momentum to go SDtM. And other times it will go quickly down behind Mechagodzilla and bounce off the top of the right slingshot with the perfect amount of force to send it slowly just out of reach of the right flipper and down the middle. I've been working on nudges to mitigate, but sometimes my nudging will take a ball that would have otherwise been safe and dooming it to the aforementioned fate.

#15774 1 year ago

New code drop!!

#15775 1 year ago

V1.01.0 - October 19th, 2022
============================
- Godzilla Multiball - 7 music tracks are available to use with this mode, including 5 new tracks that have not been used before
- Godzilla Multiball - added mode music selection via Action Button during the build up before the balls are released from the building
- Score Frame Mode Champion - added a display area in the upper right corner of the Score Frame to display the High Score and Your Score for any relevant mode running.
- Imposter Battle - award has now been changed from Skill Shot rollunder switch to hitting the Left Spinner and time has been extended to light for 5 seconds after the ball drop
- Magna Grab - added the Left Spinner arrow flash white to indicate Imposter can be shot both ways
- Magna Grab - added Big Loop arrow flash white when increased multiplier is available
- Magna Grab - increased multiplier for Big Loop streaks hit from a Magna Grab release from 2X to 5X
- Magna Grab - fixed an issue where the Left Spinner Ebirah award would prematurely kill the Magna Grab
- City Selection Screen - when you choose to stay in a city to "rematch" the Tier 1 monster the battle selection screen will be skipped.
- Kaiju Battle - added another difficulty "MEDIUM" which is now the default
- Kaiju Battle - "MEDIUM" difficulty keeps both ramps lit and will count either ramp to Light Battle
- Kaiju Battle - when a new city is selected the Kaiju Battle difficulty is increased
- Insider Connected - fixed an issue where the "Super Train Jackpot" achievement could not be collected
- Planet X Multiball - fixed an issue where the total screen would say "Monster Island Madness Qualified" when it wasn't qualified
- Monster Zero - doubled the Jackpot cap from 15M to 30M
- Monster Island Madness - fixed an issue when balls were locked in the building when starting this mode they will now all drain out and become virtual locks
- Monster Rampage - improvements to background text layout and readability
- Rage Combo - fixed an issue where the playfield multiplier was not displaying on the base values for awards but the totals were correct
- Rage Combo - added some display improvements to the text layout and readability
- Tail Whip / Super Tail Whip - improvements to text award layout and readability
- Oxygen Destroyer - fixed an issue where the failure speech could be heard during the grace period. It now waits until the flippers are killed.
- Super Train Loops - removed the timer text from the Super Train Exit Jackpot since this shot ends the mode
- End of Ball Bonus - now displays the player name above final Bonus totals
- Secret Combos - added the shot combination text to the secret combo award display
- Instant Info - added Secret Combo info page
- Instant Info - added Monster Rampage info page
- Shield Motor - improved tech alert message formatting for missed shield motor switches to "CHECK SHIELD MOTOR SWITCH #X"
- DJ Mixer - added new Godzilla Multiball music tracks
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game

- Adjustment Changes:

- added "GODZILLA MB MUSIC DEFAULT" - defaults to "BLUE OYSTER CULT - GODZILLA", change this to any of the 7 available songs to be the default song for Godzilla Multiball
- added "GODZILLA MB ALLOW MUSIC SELECTION" - defaults to "YES", change to "NO" to force the "GODZILLA MB MUSIC DEFAULT" selection for all Godzilla Multiballs
- added "SHOW MODE HIGH SCORE DISPLAY" - default to "YES", change to "NO" to hide the high score display in the upper right corner of the Score Frame
- changed "LIGHT BATTLE DIFFICULTY" - default is now "MEDIUM" instead of "HARD", however, each new city now increments the difficulty

- System - Updated to V3.25.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.01.0

- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

#15776 1 year ago

New music for GZ Multiball for the BOC haters not that I am one of those but cool to give choices.

#15777 1 year ago

The new music in godzilla multiball and the imposter shot change are both really cool changes. Not so sure about the new default difficulty for kaiju battle qualification though.

#15778 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

New music for GZ Multiball for the BOC haters not that I am one of those but cool to give choices.

Will it cycle or randomly pick them? I'm not a hater of that song; I just hated it after hearing it a million times. To the point that I used the music attenuation settings to kill all music. Will be glad to be able to go back to factory for that one.

#15779 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Will it cycle or randomly pick them? I'm not a hater of that song; I just hated it after hearing it a million times. To the point that I used the music attenuation settings to kill all music. Will be glad to be able to go back to factory for that one.

Seems like you can pick with the action button while the ball is locked or the building is moving depending on model

#15780 1 year ago

Bigger multiplier on repeated loops shots after magnagrab is great, but I still think multiple loop shots after a DJ should be rewarded somehow.

#15781 1 year ago

So from what I'm reading and understanding, you hit any ramp now at start to light up the kaiju battle for the first city?

#15782 1 year ago

- City Selection Screen - when you choose to stay in a city to "rematch" the Tier 1 monster the battle selection screen will be skipped.

I remember people in here complaining about that and I agree it was kind of wonky how it worked. Glad to see this minor QOL change put in there.

#15783 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

V1.01.0 - October 19th, 2022

Finally! We've been waiting for... um... weeks?

#15784 1 year ago

The new music in godzilla multiball and the imposter shot change are both really cool changes. Not so sure about the new default difficulty for kaiju battle qualification though.

Sounds like it only lasts the first city, then gets harder. If it keeps increasing difficulty, what does that do for cities 3 and 4? Do you have one ramp at a time lit?

#15785 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So from what I'm reading and understanding, you hit any ramp now at start to light up the kaiju battle for the first city?

I read it as you can hit any ramp but still needs 2 to qualify so you could hit the same ramp twice but have to check it out after my update is done.

#15786 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Finally! We've been waiting for... um... weeks?

GZ team been totally spoiling us with quality code. Wish Spooky would get some of their mojo, need some good HWN code!

#15787 1 year ago

I wonder what the new music is. Generic tracks or some actual music from the films?

#15788 1 year ago

I am not sure if its a bug or something with my game, but it has gone into ball search while I am cradling a single ball on the left side looking at the instant info stuff. Does not do it all the time.

#15789 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I read it as you can hit any ramp but still needs 2 to qualify so you could hit the same ramp twice but have to check it out after my update is done.

I have been on easy mode because my kids hate the left ramp. Medium might be a good compromise. It is a pretty tough shot for an important and repetitive mode start. Gotta sy makes the game more fun on easy

#15790 1 year ago

- Godzilla Multiball - 7 music tracks are available to use with this mode, including 5 new tracks that have not been used before

Praise the lord! Lord Elwin, that is.

#15791 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Wow! Great idea - It does start to get a little grating after a while. I have Halloween right next to GZ, so there's a LOT of BOC going on around here.

#15792 1 year ago

I'm working next to my Godzilla pin as it downloads the new code, nervously looking over my shoulder in fearful anticipation of that insanely loud squeal the machine does when it's done installing the code...

#15793 1 year ago

Installing now, can’t wait to play a game.

#15794 1 year ago

Downloading now (4:30 am). I think I'm going to like the Kaiju battle change and the new info on the screen

#15795 1 year ago

I'm working next to my Godzilla pin as it downloads the new code, nervously looking over my shoulder in fearful anticipation of that insanely loud squeal the machine does when it's done installing the code...

Mine just did the reboot pop twice, I can hear it from the other room. Its on the installing code screen now. I think it rebooted when the auto downloaded finished. Nice we don't have to fool around with flash drives anymore.

#15796 1 year ago

Wait...

"- Imposter Battle - award has now been changed from Skill Shot rollunder switch to hitting the Left Spinner and time has been extended to light for 5 seconds after the ball drop"

Wait, the roll under gate no longer triggers an imposter award? What else does the roll under gate do? (Wondering if I still need to install the MRS there...)

#15797 1 year ago

For people that update code via wifi - how long does it normally take? Mine seems really slow

#15798 1 year ago

Confirmed the first battle is 2 ramps doesn’t matter which ones

Second city is one of each ramp for both Tier 1 and 2
Third city seemed to be the same as the second so I don't think the difficulty gets any harder (by default) than left ramp/right ramp.

#15799 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

For people that update code via wifi - how long does it normally take? Mine seems really slow

15-20 mins if you have a good connection.

#15800 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

15-20 mins if you have a good connection.

I have a mesh system - I wonder if it's connecting to the wrong point. I'll have to troubleshoot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/316?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.