PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 548.
#15551 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

So, has anyone noticed sound distortion from the speakers?
I've a pro model so not sure if it's particular to that or not....
It seems a bit intermittent but happens with certain frequencies would be my guess as when it does happen it's in the same places. Like totalling up the bonuses or starting GZ multiball. It's not the sound of crackling flames (which is also during the bonus screen).
I've made sure to set the cabinet speaker to 4ohm (factory set incorrectly at 8ohm).
I know the speakers are probably rubbish, but it almost sounds like an amplification issue rather than speaker flapping.
Any experience something similar? did you resolve it?

When you hear the crackling sound, pay attention to what is on your LCD screen. When it shows the destruction seen and buildings burning that’s also the noise I hear.

#15552 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just found a premium at current pricing...What are the have to mods to install ???

You’ll get a different answer from everyone. Mine is shaker motor, invisiglass, speaker upgrade. I don’t like playfield mods generally. But many people like to put doo dads all
Over it.

Edit: I do like the stern art blades, too, since they match the game well

#15553 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just found a premium at current pricing...What are the have to mods to install ???

This question is asked nearly every day. There's probably 1000's of posts with advice. IMHO, the 3 most important mods are: invisiglass, shaker motor, and Precision Flip system. YMMV.

#15554 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This question is asked nearly every day. There's probably 1000's of posts with advice. IMHO, the 3 most important mods are: invisiglass, shaker motor, and Precision Flip system. YMMV.

79715FB0-9EEE-401D-916A-FBDD971840A0.gif79715FB0-9EEE-401D-916A-FBDD971840A0.gif

#15555 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

When you hear the crackling sound, pay attention to what is on your LCD screen. When it shows the destruction seen and buildings burning that’s also the noise I hear.

Yes, during the bonus screen with the buildings burning I hear it there.
Do you have stock speakers, or are you saying that you still hear it after upgrading?

#15556 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Stick to the Stern mods and maybe, maybe do a few others that you like.

I would not go nuts junking it all up, you'll never get your money back out of it. Personally when I buy games anymore I want a game that is unmolested as much as possible. All this powder coating etc. is for fine for people who never plan on selling their game but when or if I decide to, they just cut the buying market in half IMO.

In the end, it's your game so do whatever you want.

#15557 1 year ago

I'm a mod guy... mirror or art blades because the plain black sides are terrible. I'm 50/50 on shaker motors, but some people love em. I like speaker lights and voodoo glass. Speaker upgrades add sounds u sometimes miss. The ufo, bridge, Tdiddys Naegle building, the Tokyo sign, and teslas are all killer. Im not an action figure kinda person, but there are so many tasteful cool mods for GZ just search it up. Do mods add value, maybe not, but I love getting under the hood on pins and really appreciate the creative peeps in this hobby. Almost forgot.. I always change out rubbers.. you should too.. lol

#15558 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

It seems a bit intermittent but happens with certain frequencies would be my guess as when it does happen it's in the same places. Like totalling up the bonuses or starting GZ multiball. It's not the sound of crackling flames (which is also during the bonus screen).
I've made sure to set the cabinet speaker to 4ohm (factory set incorrectly at 8ohm).
I know the speakers are probably rubbish, but it almost sounds like an amplification issue rather than speaker flapping.

Yes, in my machine it was all the low bass frequencies and it happened right out of the box when I got it in July. They sent me a new subwoofer but it didn't help. I removed the plastic screen mesh but it didn't help either. The last thing it could be, in my case at least, is the signal coming out of the MPU so they're sending me a replacement board. I'm hoping I'll get it this year and it solves the problem.

#15559 1 year ago

Just got an email from my distributor that my GZ Premium will be arriving in a week or so! My first NIB, can't wait!

#15560 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Just got an email from my distributor that my GZ Premium will be arriving in a week or so! My first NIB, can't wait!

OOOOH you're gonna LOVE it! Get yourself some good Godzilla swag (see Taget, Hot Topic, Ebay).... this machine is PERFECT and oh so fun. Clear your schedule!

Also be sure to enable Home Team from the get go, it makes it a lot better. I didn't do that for the first month and regret it.

#15561 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

OOOOH you're gonna LOVE it! Get yourself some good Godzilla swag (see Taget, Hot Topic, Ebay).... this machine is PERFECT and oh so fun. Clear your schedule!
Also be sure to enable Home Team from the get go, it makes it a lot better. I didn't do that for the first month and regret it.

Yeah, I have that setup on Rush and AIQ so definitely doing it here too! I'm glad Stern put this on the line to clear out the backlog before the price increase.

#15562 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I bet there's someone here that believes yours was a bad powder choice. The world is so negative, especially right now. Let's just all be happy we can afford a machine. Everyone is proud of their machine. Your green matches the Godzilla art perfectly.

I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and not implying I haven’t had a powder coat fail myself, or that this powder is perfect, or bashing anyone. That said, you don’t need my 25 years of design experience to see two colors don’t match.

#15563 1 year ago

So, looks like GZ is finally going to be knocked out of the #1 spot in the Pinside rankings. Toy Story 4 CE flippers are spamming the ratings with reviews like, "Your family will love it as much as mine, so glad I bought one!" So it will debut at #1 next week and probably stay there while the flippers keep spamming.

#15564 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

Is it confirmed that the speakers should be set to 4ohm? Mine had crackling when I set it to 4. None happens at 8 ohms though.

#15565 1 year ago
Quoted from Flasher:

Got my GZ parts back from powder yesterday. I have seen a lot of bad powder choices here on pinside and going the fractured powder route was a risk that could have gone totally wrong or totally right.
I am going with totally right.

Bold! Wouldn't have occurred to me to do the ramps as well. Nicely, nicely done!

#15566 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Is it confirmed that the speakers should be set to 4ohm? Mine had crackling when I set it to 4. None happens at 8 ohms though.

Set to 8 for both cab and backbox. There is some wonkery going on at 4 in the DSP menu setting IMHO (not really selecting a specific ohm but limiting the volume) which lowers the soundstage. Unless your turning your volume all the way up with 4ohm speakers, you're not going to do any heat damage to the amp. 8 Sounds better to me and I'll rarely get past 16 on the volume and that's plenty loud with an external sub hooked up

You're basically just restricting power at 4 ohm setting necessitating a much higher volume setting ...the 8ohm setting drives the speakers to (my ear) proper levels and you can get away with lower volume settings and a much brighter, crisper soundstage

Even the Pinwoofer and DIY amps mostly have you set the Ohm's to 8 and forget it

If you want to go down the rabbit hole and way above my head mostly, Google Audioholics Youtube channel ...they are firm believers in setting High end receivers to 8 ohm even when driving 4 ohm/ 6ohm speakers.

#15567 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Set to 8 for both cab and backbox. There is some wonkery going on at 4 in the DSP menu setting IMHO (not really selecting a specific ohm but limiting the volume) which lowers the soundstage. Unless your turning your volume all the way up with 4ohm speakers, you're not going to do any heat damage to the amp. 8 Sounds better to me and I'll rarely get past 16 on the volume and that's plenty loud with an external sub hooked up
You're basically just restricting power at 4 ohm setting necessitating a much higher volume setting ...the 8ohm setting drives the speakers to (my ear) proper levels and you can ge away with lower volume settings and a much brighter, crisper soundstage
Even the Pinwoofer and DIY amps mostly have you set the Ohm''s to 8 and forget it

If I remember right, davegauth in the diy audio thread figured out that the ohm setting is little more than a gain. Aka volume. So 8 ohm will put out more volume than 4 to the speakers.

#15568 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You’ll get a different answer from everyone. Mine is shaker motor, invisiglass, speaker upgrade. I don’t like playfield mods generally. But many people like to put doo dads all
Over it.
Edit: I do like the stern art blades, too, since they match the game well

I’m thinking some version of HD glass or Invisiglass is the next mod/enhancement I’ll explore with my machines.. is one of these brands better than another? Is there a preferred source for purchase that you have?

#15569 1 year ago

there is a lot of low bass in the bonus collect screen, it is likely clipping the signal due to the 4 ohm setting and/or boosts in the EQ and voice/SFX bias in the settings.

I've replaced the speakers and added an amp, so my game's volume output is set low and flat; the amp sets the EQ curve. I've never had distortion issues. The factory board can output good sound if you don't push it too hard.

#15570 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Almost forgot.. I always change out rubbers.. you should too.. lol

I've found it very time-consuming and often challenging to get to all the rubbers for a swap-out, and so I've rarely done this, but I'm new to this hobby. Can someone help clarify the reason for doing so? I've typically been able to clean them and rotate them in place to spread the wear around. I think I read that some rubbers are less dirt-creating in the first place; is that the primary reason for a full swap?

#15571 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I've found it very time-consuming and often challenging to get to all the rubbers for a swap-out, and so I've rarely done this, but I'm new to this hobby. Can someone help clarify the reason for doing so? I've typically been able to clean them and rotate them in place to spread the wear around. I think I read that some rubbers are less dirt-creating in the first place; is that the primary reason for a full swap?

I’m in a similar boat, but can at least provide the context - many believe the stern rubbers are more cheaply made and break down easier which is what causes a lot of the playfield “dirt” and marks that require additional cleaning. To me, I just end up cleaning the playfield more and only changing the flipper rubbers.

#15572 1 year ago
Quoted from arrbee:

Yes, during the bonus screen with the buildings burning I hear it there.
Do you have stock speakers, or are you saying that you still hear it after upgrading?

I hear it with factory speakers. I was thinking it is just that scene because of the fires

#15573 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Quoted from mcvetyty:

I’m in a similar boat, but can at least provide the context - many believe the stern rubbers are more cheaply made and break down easier which is what causes a lot of the playfield “dirt” and marks that require additional cleaning. To me, I just end up cleaning the playfield more and only changing the flipper rubbers.

Godzilla has by far the fewest number of playfield rubbers of any game I've owned... not too bad to change them out if you decide to.

#15574 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

So, looks like GZ is finally going to be knocked out of the #1 spot in the Pinside rankings. Toy Story 4 CE flippers are spamming the ratings with reviews like, "Your family will love it as much as mine, so glad I bought one!" So it will debut at #1 next week and probably stay there while the flippers keep spamming.

I have a TS CE and it is amazing. Too expensive but amazing. Godzilla is still a much better shooter with the building and flow.

#15575 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

There are so many mods that truly add so much joy to this machine. I have over 45 mods on my machine and these are my must haves for a Premium Machine.

First it's all about functionality and actually adding entertaining besides something visual.. So those mods are.

1. Shaker Motor (Really shines on this machine)
2. HD Glass
3. Pinstadium Lights Neo Atom Fusion (They really add to the atmosphere of the game)
4. Stumblor Neon Sign (This mod is a game changer that really adds plenty of entertainment besides visual)
5. Art Blades
6. Sonic Magnetic Reed Switches for the Skillshot and angled Saucer Switch (A must have mod that actually fixes an issue with the ball simply not registering when the ball goes in this lane.)
7. STDM fix that goes on top of the Building that drops.

Now if you want a bit more visual that just look freaking cool the go with.

8. TDiddy Tesla Tower Mods (The playfield looks so much better with it)
9. Sleal Saucer (Best model out there and for the price you can't beat it)
10. Sleal Godzilla Figurine
12. Mechagozilla Armor by Sleal
13. Myth Pinball Flaming Mod Lights (They ship these out in 2-3 weeks at most)

There are some other mods that are awesome, but require a bit more time and are simply the cherry on top of the cake. For me those mods are.

12. Kevin_LHeureux Bridge Mod, best bridge mod in my opinion.
13. Fighter Jets, (You'll have to order them from Japan, paint them, get Piano Wire and model them where you wish, very cool mod)
14. Mothra Figurine from amazon. I painted mine and customized it, comes with an egg.
15. Jet Jaguar Figurine from Amazon.
16. AIQ Knob wired and harnessed into the Saucer. This one is tricky to do but well worth the effort.
17. Saucer Clear bumper mod, also easy but will need some soldering.

Hope this helps get you started.

#15576 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I’m thinking some version of HD glass or Invisiglass is the next mod/enhancement I’ll explore with my machines.. is one of these brands better than another? Is there a preferred source for purchase that you have?

Lots of opinions (including a thread or two dedicated to it) and they usually come down to get the best deal and enjoy. Or be the light/glare perfectionist and get the PDI glass(if it’s in stock).

#15577 1 year ago

I have decided to powder coat my premium and have taken bit of a gamble, could go either way and i might end up having to do it again. I’m going down the path of a gold vein colour to match in with the golds on the cabinet. I actually called the powder coater to change my mind but it was too late. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.

28559D2F-9446-4BD6-9964-696BAC1E71FF (resized).jpeg28559D2F-9446-4BD6-9964-696BAC1E71FF (resized).jpeg
#15578 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:I have decided to powder coat my premium and have taken bit of a gamble, could go either way and i might end up having to do it again. I’m going down the path of a gold vein colour to match in with the golds on the cabinet. I actually called the powder coater to change my mind but it was too late. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.
[quoted image]

Very similar color to The Hobbit, which is stunning i n person. Make SURE that color does not require a second clear coat on top (some powders actually have 2 steps). We are seeing issues on the Halloweens which didn’t get the second step

#15579 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:

I have decided to powder coat my premium and have taken bit of a gamble, could go either way and i might end up having to do it again. I’m going down the path of a gold vein colour to match in with the golds on the cabinet. I actually called the powder coater to change my mind but it was too late. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.
[quoted image]

i’ve got a Prem coming and also been leaning towards some kind of gold. great choice! please share pics! Its gonna be awesome

#15580 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

i’ve got a Prem coming and also been leaning towards some kind of gold. great choice! please share pics! Its gonna be awesome

Thanks, that gives me a bit of confidence it might turn out ok. Will certainly post pics when its done.

#15581 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I don’t see evidence of this. The ratings numbers listed aren’t that high, especially for the LE which will get lumped into the total ratings. What are you looking at?

#15582 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t see evidence of this. The ratings numbers listed aren’t that high, especially for the LE which will get lumped into the total ratings. What are you looking at?

Actually, I think the ratings are based on the highest rating for any of the versions. So he may be right, only 16 ratings and most are pretty high. High enough to average out better than GZ, idk. Even if it does, i can't imagine it will hold up over time.

#15583 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Thanks, that gives me a bit of confidence it might turn out ok. Will certainly post pics when its done.

This is my Halloween lock down on my GZ...

20221012_193710 (resized).jpg20221012_193710 (resized).jpg
#15584 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Actually, I think the ratings are based on the highest rating for any of the versions. So he may be right, only 16 ratings and most are pretty high. High enough to average out better than GZ, idk. Even if it does, i can't imagine it will hold up over time.

Ah, you’re right. I forgot that. Well, I agree it won’t hold up. Too many people will rate it a 5.0 without even playing it just to bring it down, I imagine.

#15585 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

This is my Halloween lock down on my GZ...
[quoted image]

Thanks! That does look really good! I’m relieved

#15586 1 year ago

Anyone know how to reduce air balls off mechagodzilla ramp? They don’t happen often, but when they do, it gets serious height. Sometimes I’m lucky and it lands on the rail.

#15587 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

Anyone know how to reduce air balls off mechagodzilla ramp? They don’t happen often, but when they do, it gets serious height. Sometimes I’m lucky and it lands on the rail.

Just go with it man.

#15588 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

LE is ranked #130 and CE doesn’t have enough votes to be ranked. GZ isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

#15589 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Can anyone really think that Toy story can be a better pinball machine than Godzilla? Toy story is sooo annoying and boring, not even in a top 30.
from all pinball machines i have, the only i could swap ( talking about gameplay, not price ) would be sorcerer , or maybe, maybe my world cup 94, still i would hesitate.
( yes, already played Toy Story for more than 1 hour )

#15590 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Can anyone really think that Toy story can be a better pinball machine than Godzilla? Toy story is sooo annoying and boring, not even in a top 30.
from all pinball machines i have, the only i could swap ( talking about gameplay, not price ) would be sorcerer , or maybe, maybe my world cup 94, still i would hesitate.

C0A580E5-A0F5-4EC2-87B1-81C53F4CCDB7.gifC0A580E5-A0F5-4EC2-87B1-81C53F4CCDB7.gif
#15591 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Toy story 4 is super fun your tripping

#15592 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Toy story 4 is super fun your tripping

It's ok game. Just that, JJP already made way better with Guns & Hobbit

Not hating, just giving personal opinion, if someone would offer me a Toy Story i would accept it, and keep at home to play....
Some days... and then change for a Jurassic Park Premium , since is the next in my list

#15593 1 year ago

Woohoo. I finally joined the club!
Just over 13 months to get it but it came in without a scratch. It looks good in the lineup

45E11888-89EE-40D5-BDE1-7951D1FCB90F (resized).jpeg45E11888-89EE-40D5-BDE1-7951D1FCB90F (resized).jpeg49166105-20BA-4115-A7CF-6D659710C3B8 (resized).jpeg49166105-20BA-4115-A7CF-6D659710C3B8 (resized).jpeg
#15594 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Woohoo. I finally joined the club!
Just over 13 months to get it but it came in without a scratch. It looks good in the lineup
[quoted image][quoted image]

"TRUCK THIS SIDE ONLY"

On the opposite side he was trucking from lol.

#15595 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

"TRUCK THIS SIDE ONLY"

Fedex can't read. When my pins come I run out and help driver before they mess something up. So many horror stories.

#15596 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Fedex can't read. When my pins come I run out and help driver before they mess something up. So many horror stories.

They treat every package like an empty box.

#15597 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

It's ok game. Just that, JJP already made way better with Guns & Hobbit

I have guns and roses but never played their guns and hobbit machine, is that like a mashup of the two games??

#15598 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I have guns and roses but never played their guns and hobbit machine, is that like a mashup of the two games??

It's based on the film.

Danny Trejo packing heat in Middle Earth.

Epic.

#15599 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

"TRUCK THIS SIDE ONLY"

He is using a pallet jack. Lifts straight up no pressure on the box.

#15600 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

They treat every package like an empty box.

They were gentle with my Refusal

Luckily a month later it came back from Stern in perfect shape from the same driver. He remembered because I tipped him $20 for the failed delivery

Screenshot_20220411-152814_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220411-152814_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220411-152858_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220411-152858_Photos (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/312 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.