gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 547.
#1501 2 years ago

We are thinking Fed Ex will bring my LE, tomorrow or Friday. Godzilla is coming!

#1502 2 years ago

I'm looking to powder coat my premium to closely match the LE's finish.

Anyone have ideas as to what would be a closer match between these two, or perhaps one that I haven't seen?

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-1222/dark-silver-metallic

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMS-2569/alien-silver

#1503 2 years ago

It’s closer to the second, lighter one. But it’s actually somewhere in between those two.

#1504 2 years ago

Happy Godzilla Day!

My LE (#861) was delivered on Monday via FedEx and there are thankfully no concerns to report. Huge shout out and much appreciation to Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out Pinball for their consistent commitment to exceptional customer service!

I added ULEK protectors to the slings, outlanes, and pop bumper, red BriteButtons, red Titans for the flippers, and clear ones for the slings. I'm on the list for the Mothra egg factory shooter and eventual topper, and will add Cliffy’s for the ball eject, shooter lane, and switch slots. That will be the extent of my mods, as I prefer to keep my two pins as close to Elwin's original designs as possible.

I was in attendance for the excellent seminar by Keith and team for Jurassic at Expo 2019, and Saturday evening’s Godzilla presentation was even more remarkable in the detailed descriptions of how each element of this outstanding pin was incorporated into the final design. It was fascinating listening to Harrison describing overcoming challenges related to mech concepts, Rick discussing how he created code for each component, Jerry relating his efforts to incorporate the traditional Toho score within a 70’s rock ambiance, and Jeremy providing background for the conception of the art package. Throughout the discussion Keith offered interesting and often humorous insights into how the game came to fruition, from his initial disappointment in learning that George Gomez would be the designer, to the extended hiatus during the development of AIQ, to reconnecting with the project during the start of the pandemic and watching it come together over the past year.

As I unboxed the game, I was reminded of the contribution each member of the team made to bring this amazing world under glass to life, and all those behind the scenes at Stern who supported licensing, manufacturing, production, and marketing. The spirit of collaboration at that company, coupled with a consistent focus on quality standards and innovation, have produced what I regard as the industry benchmark, and I raise my glass to the creative genius and extraordinary skill sets of Keith and his team. Knowing they are hard at work on their next creation is unbelievably exciting, and I anxiously look forward to seeing their collective talents continue to push the boundaries of this industry.

IMG_4042.jpegIMG_4042.jpegIMG_4087 (resized).jpegIMG_4087 (resized).jpegIMG_4079 (resized).jpegIMG_4079 (resized).jpegIMG_4093 (resized).jpegIMG_4093 (resized).jpegIMG_4096 (resized).jpegIMG_4096 (resized).jpeg
#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hey there, slow down. That is not a universal Pro owner concensus. I own a GZ Pro and the GZ Premium (or LE if you have the dough and luck) is clearly the one to get for the best experience in this case. Completely obvious.
I also stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Slow down? Seriously? Whatever Dude and who cares if you stayed at a freaking holiday inn. I can afford a premium and don’t assume I can’t, but don’t appreciate people saying us who prefer the pro are kidding ourselves that we prefer the pro over the premium. Your reply made no sense. Whatever

#1506 2 years ago

I just got the call. Fedex will be delivering my LE tomorrow

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I can’t understand if this is such a awesome game the LE’s are still so cheap.

This is why the hobby is going to hell. You think $13k is cheap? Ok. So a premium at $8699 must be close out prices/bargain bin to you.

#1508 2 years ago

The game is great, no matter what model it is. Come on it is Godzilla.
He is the king of the monsters.

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are the switches intermittent in switch test mode (testing them by rolling a ball, not with your fingers), or only in the game? If they're intermittent both places, you need to adjust the switch arms to get a better press on the switch button.

Pulled the glass off again and it seems like it's the lower switch that is flaky. It activates almost every time I press it, but it doesn't always deactivate when I release it. The upper one behaves consistently. I lifted up the playfield to watch for a difference between the two when pressing, but didn't catch anything. That said, this is my first machine of any kind and I've never so much as changed a bulb. So any specific instructions (even dead simple dumb ones) on what to try to tweak it without damaging it are appreciated.

#1510 2 years ago

Not sure if this would help you or not, but you may need to adjust the metal bracket on the actual coin door so that it pushes the interlock switch further. To test this theory, see if you can push the post in with your hand to simulate the door being closed. If that works, it means the bracket needs to be bent out a little more.

--Paul

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

I'm looking to powder coat my premium to closely match the LE's finish.
Anyone have ideas as to what would be a closer match between these two, or perhaps one that I haven't seen?
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-1222/dark-silver-metallic
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMS-2569/alien-silver

I'm actually thinking about powder coating my premium in a metallic gold or even a gold vein. That way it will be more of a true LE and I think a variation of Gold would look really nice on this machine:

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMS-6374/gold-metallic
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-4698/flaming-gold
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Pulled the glass off again and it seems like it's the lower switch that is flaky. It activates almost every time I press it, but it doesn't always deactivate when I release it. The upper one behaves consistently. I lifted up the playfield to watch for a difference between the two when pressing, but didn't catch anything. That said, this is my first machine of any kind and I've never so much as changed a bulb. So any specific instructions (even dead simple dumb ones) on what to try to tweak it without damaging it are appreciated.

The switch blade that pokes up through the playfield might be binding against the side of the slot. You can loosen the two hex screws holding the switch to the bottom of the playfield and try moving the switch so the blade is centered in the slot, then retighten.

If that doesn't work, it might just be a bad switch.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

The switch blade that pokes up through the playfield might be binding against the side of the slot. You can loosen the two hex screws holding the switch to the bottom of the playfield and try moving the switch so the blade is centered in the slot, then retighten.
If that doesn't work, it might just be a bad switch.

Thanks. I'll give this a shot after work.

#1514 2 years ago

#1515 2 years ago

If the switch isn't opening, you might need to bend the activation arm slightly or adjust the switch alignment like TinyBlackDog mentioned to make sure the microswitch button fully opens/raises. Here's a picture from Marco that gives a general idea how rollovers push the microswitch button:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Don't be afraid you'll break the switch by bending the metal, they're pretty durable. However, make small adjustments to avoid having the opposite issue that the lever doesn't push the button on the microswitch far enough. If the switch is good, it shouldn't take much. If it isn't the arm, there's a problem with the wire soldering, or the switch is just bad and needs to be replaced with a similar microswitch.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Happy Godzilla Day!
My LE (#861) was delivered on Monday via FedEx and there are thankfully no concerns to report. Huge shout out and much appreciation to Zach and Nicole at Flip N Out Pinball for their consistent commitment to exceptional customer service!
I added ULEK protectors to the slings, outlanes, and pop bumper, red BriteButtons, red Titans for the flippers, and clear ones for the slings. I'm on the list for the Mothra egg factory shooter and eventual topper, and will add Cliffy’s for the ball eject, shooter lane, and switch slots. That will be the extent of my mods, as I prefer to keep my two pins as close to Elwin's original designs as possible.
I was in attendance for the excellent seminar by Keith and team for Jurassic at Expo 2019, and Saturday evening’s Godzilla presentation was even more remarkable in the detailed descriptions of how each element of this outstanding pin was incorporated into the final design. It was fascinating listening to Harrison describing overcoming challenges related to mech concepts, Rick discussing how he created code for each component, Jerry relating his efforts to incorporate the traditional Toho score within a 70’s rock ambiance, and Jeremy providing background for the conception of the art package. Throughout the discussion Keith offered interesting and often humorous insights into how the game came to fruition, from his initial disappointment in learning that George Gomez would be the designer, to the extended hiatus during the development of AIQ, to reconnecting with the project during the start of the pandemic and watching it come together over the past year.
As I unboxed the game, I was reminded of the contribution each member of the team made to bring this amazing world under glass to life, and all those behind the scenes at Stern who supported licensing, manufacturing, production, and marketing. The spirit of collaboration at that company, coupled with a consistent focus on quality standards and innovation, have produced what I regard as the industry benchmark, and I raise my glass to the creative genius and extraordinary skill sets of Keith and his team. Knowing they are hard at work on their next creation is unbelievably exciting, and I anxiously look forward to seeing their collective talents continue to push the boundaries of this industry.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get those plastic protectors already?

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Where did you get those plastic protectors already?

ulek has them

#1518 2 years ago

I'm unboxing my LE next week and I would like to know if there are any common twweks, issues or anything out of the ordinary I need to look for. I have strong wifi for the new connectivity. Thanks for any advice!

#1519 2 years ago

Any word on code updates?

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This is why the hobby is going to hell. You think $13k is cheap? Ok. So a premium at $8699 must be close out prices/bargain bin to you.

What do you think he thinks is expensive?

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I bought my TMNT from Korner Pocket. It was a bit of a strange experience buying from someone who didn't seem to really know what they were selling. I expressed interest in a Mando LE and they called me with a slot but wanted $2k over list. I explained that it was for my own use and not to flip but that of course made no difference so I passed. I went to Zach at FlipnOut for this one and just paid my invoice, so it should be here soon!

Yeah they are still very new to the pinball game at KPB, but they're nice people and are local! I def would've passed on the $2k over asking for the Mando LE, as well, but am happy to report that Godzilla LE did not have its price hiked through them

#1522 2 years ago

LE arriving Friday here. Might not be able to get it until the weekend though. Can’t wait!

#1523 2 years ago

Slow down? Seriously? Whatever Dude and who cares if you stayed at a freaking holiday inn. I can afford a premium and don’t assume I can’t, but don’t appreciate people saying us who prefer the pro are kidding ourselves that we prefer the pro over the premium. Your reply made no sense. Whatever

I didn't say anything about whether or not you could afford a Premium. I simply said that your assertion that ALL pro owners preferred the pro was wrong. A case of absolutes being wrong absolutely. As a Pro owner myself, I see the value in a Premium and prefer it. Let me refresh your memory...

Glad you are happy with yours but pro owners of GZ are not kidding themselves. For us the extra cost is not justifiable.

You weren't speaking for yourself with this statement (note the absence of "I" or "me"). You were somehow asserting your opinion on the wider pool of "pro owners" with your personal opinion and wrong conclusion. I was just repairing that fault by pointing out that I am a Pro owner and do not agree, and surely there are more like me, just like there are some like you. I wasn't saying you can't have your opinion, just saying you can't put your opinion on other Pro owners and say it's theirs.

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Cross posted: Any place in Southern California have a Godzilla to play? I’d like to try this one to see if I like it.

Ayce Gogi (both the Van Nuys and West Hills locations) appear to have Godzilla Pros!

#1525 2 years ago

It sounds like the arm is putting too much pressure on the switch button, so there's not much room between pressed and not pressed and when the arm relaxes to the home position it can't always get high enough to release pressure on the button. Definitely think bending the arm a little to release some of the pressure when at rest will help the switch fully release so it registers consistently.

If that doesn't work, the switch itself may be bad inside.

#1526 2 years ago

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't necessarily think anyone was implying or assuming anything about what you can or can't afford?

#1527 2 years ago

Just got the phone call.................cue the girl scream...........think I passed out during call with Distro.

Ok, I am back, that should never happen. Premium shipped today from Stern. Family is excited. We have not played one anywhere, so this is going to be very special.

#1528 2 years ago

Glad you are happy with yours but pro owners of GZ are not kidding themselves. For us the extra cost is not justifiable.

No one cares.

#1529 2 years ago

I live in Illinois. Wasn’t to far from expo. I have always been a huge fan of Godzilla. However, this game is a great choice. OMG lots of shots plus Godzilla with a fun twist. (Campy) Stern really not this one out of the park. Could use a few mods. I hope to get mine Friday.

#1530 2 years ago

Darn it! Got confirmation I'm in the second run of Premiums even though I got in just before the official reveal. Oh well, not everyone can be in the first run I guess. Hopefully Stern gets them out quicker than expected.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Darn it! Got confirmation I'm in the second run of Premiums even though I got in just before the official reveal. Oh well, not everyone can be in the first run I guess. Hopefully Stern gets them out quicker than expected.

really hope same doesnt happen to me. Was told I just missed Mando LE and would be in first run of Mando Premiums(still waiting on that). Same deal with Godzilla just missed an LE and would be high on list for premium. So hopefully getting mine in first run....

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

LE arriving Friday here. Can’t wait!

Same here. I'm rescheduling my work now to have Friday afternoon off to pick up, set up, and play the shit out of it. I look forward to every new pin that comes through the door but I'm especially stoked for this one.

Speaking of picking up, I assume there's no harm in putting boxed pins on their backs? The "truck this side" side being the back, of course. I don't really want to unbox it at the distro. Normally my NIBs have come upright in box trucks, but I don't remember anything about them that would make this an issue. Heads are strapped down, balls and loose hardware are in the coinbox which is pinned to the coinbox clip, manuals/certificate are bagged and stapled to the inside wall, etc.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is anyone buying GZ Prem from Trent/Tilt in Ohio? I haven’t heard anything yet but I haven’t reached out to him about it either

Yes, I did. Premiums due in March, maybe later. No first run Premiums available.

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Same here. I'm rescheduling my work now to have Friday afternoon off to pick up, set up, and play the shit out of it. I look forward to every new pin that comes through the door but I'm especially stoked for this one.
Speaking of picking up, I assume there's no harm in putting boxed pins on their backs? The "truck this side" side being the back, of course. I don't really want to unbox it at the distro. Normally my NIBs have come upright in box trucks, but I don't remember anything about them that would make this an issue. Heads are strapped down, balls and loose hardware are in the coinbox which is pinned to the coinbox clip, manuals/certificate are bagged and stapled to the inside wall, etc.

Put it on the Truck This Side Only side and it's fine. That's the bottom of the cabinet.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Yes, I did. Premiums due in March, maybe later. No first run Premiums available.

sweet! you will love this machine. i cant get enough of my LE.

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

If you don't mind me asking, are you getting a LE or a premium?

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

If you don't mind me asking, are you getting a LE or a premium?

LE. Seemingly among the last of the LEs since it seems Premiums are starting to trickle out. Are you waiting on an LE?

#1538 2 years ago

It's been a really long day at work knowing that this is sitting at home waiting me for me...

PXL_20211103_145757650 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_145757650 (resized).jpg
#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

It's been a really long day at work knowing that this is sitting at home waiting me for me...
[quoted image]

I feel for ya, FedEx Freight just called me. I have to leave work tomorrow to receive my shipment, make sure it looks good, then go back to work.

#1540 2 years ago

Just got word my premium is on it's way!

I've been looking forward to this release.

#1541 2 years ago

Raining Godzilla’s today!

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Just got word my premium is on it's way!
I've been looking forward to this release.

Whos your distrib?

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I'm actually thinking about powder coating my premium in a metallic gold or even a gold vein.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/EVS-1512/grecian-gold-vein

That's Gidorah skin right there....

Later,
EV

#1544 2 years ago

LE #167 in the house. Just to let y'all know there in nothing
like foam rubber under the playfield you have to remove first like EHOH.

PXL_20211103_181619195 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_181619195 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_190220517 (resized).jpgPXL_20211103_190220517 (resized).jpg
#1545 2 years ago

I can't get my game to read my QR code. I have the game registered, it's connected to WIFI. I have my Stern insider code pulled up on my phone, but the game won't read it. It beeps twice and that's it.

#1546 2 years ago

Le 137 in the house and all you pro owners you cant go wrong on any model on this title I personally love the pro praying im gonna like the le just as much

F5C78D8B-D8A5-47A7-ADD5-67E51EE3ACD4 (resized).jpegF5C78D8B-D8A5-47A7-ADD5-67E51EE3ACD4 (resized).jpeg
#1547 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I can't get my game to read my QR code. I have the game registered, it's connected to WIFI. I have my Stern insider code pulled up on my phone, but the game won't read it. It beeps twice and that's it.

You need to confirm the registration. Stern sent you an email, I believe it has instructions to confirm.

#1548 2 years ago

Just confirming I am definitely on second run premiums, and will be getting my machine by the end of February. I believe they’re into third run preorders now, and that will be early to mid summer.

#1549 2 years ago

Wow this freight company. The pin has been at the warehouse about 3 days so far still waiting on it being dropped off to the dealer. Here's hoping by Friday.

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You need to confirm the registration. Stern sent you an email, I believe it has instructions to confirm.

Thanks, I got it all squared away

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.