PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 548.
#15351 1 year ago
Quoted from brian36chambers:

Hi All, I am new to pinball ownership and I am expecting a Godzilla premium sometime this month. I have been reading a ton on this forum but with so much info it is hard to get a feel for what things I should do to my machine. Can you recommend the best things I should do to modify this machine to get the best experience with it? I am looking to make this my own and love projects. Please add purchase links if available. Thanks for your help in advance.

Turn down the trough eject power
Put Mylar down in the shooter lane where the balls are ejected.
Put a silicone cabinet bumper on the mecha Godzilla turntable where the ball gets stuck.

Play on.

#15352 1 year ago

Hi All, I am new to pinball ownership and I am expecting a Godzilla premium sometime this month. I have been reading a ton on this forum but with so much info it is hard to get a feel for what things I should do to my machine. Can you recommend the best things I should do to modify this machine to get the best experience with it? I am looking to make this my own and love projects. Please add purchase links if available. Thanks for your help in advance.

The common issues come up almost every page of this thread. You should read at least the last 10 pages or so. Just play the game for a while. If anything doesn't seem right, search this thread. For aesthetic mods, there's a separate thread. Look at the image gallery, the whole thing. See what speaks to you.

#15353 1 year ago

Just take your time. No need to figure it all out at once. Learn as you go and fix problems as they arise.

#15354 1 year ago

I've started getting a glitch with the building....when I lock a ball up there, a new ball isn't served up to launch. The machine goes through 2 or 3 ball searches before the building finally collapses the ball(s) that are up there and doesn't register them as locked...have to start over again. It happens with 1, 2 , or 3 balls up there probably 50% of the time. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

#15355 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've started getting a glitch with the building....when I lock a ball up there, a new ball isn't served up to launch. The machine goes through 2 or 3 ball searches before the building finally collapses the ball(s) that are up there and doesn't register them as locked...have to start over again. It happens with 1, 2 , or 3 balls up there probably 50% of the time. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Take a look at my earlier post when I had simiar problem and it was the building VUK exit opto (#64). The receiver needed to be replaced.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/271#post-7070500

#15356 1 year ago

#1 when you set up make sure your game is perfectly level. Read posts on this thread for how to do it right. Makes a massive difference in gameplay.

If you’re looking for mods, tons of support and suggestions here and on the mod thread. Personally I think getting rid of the stock crap speakers should be mandatory for any new Stern Premium or Pro.

#15357 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please tell me how to discourage stuck balls like this one. A gentle plunge will sometimes creep back, coming to rest in this pocket formed by the back of the scoop and the turret beside it.
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/304#post-7156862

#15358 1 year ago

My number one recommendation is to just play it for a few weeks and don't change anything. Form your own opinions. It's your game.

#15359 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please tell me how to discourage stuck balls like this one. A gentle plunge will sometimes creep back, coming to rest in this pocket formed by the back of the scoop and the turret beside it.
[quoted image]

I added a 3/4” standoff using a 1 1/2” screw. Solid solution, looks original and Works perfectly!

035B05C9-7910-410B-A58F-18DCB7B9DCDB (resized).jpeg035B05C9-7910-410B-A58F-18DCB7B9DCDB (resized).jpeg487E3629-2A90-4892-BCCE-3992E7CE00F9 (resized).jpeg487E3629-2A90-4892-BCCE-3992E7CE00F9 (resized).jpeg
#15360 1 year ago
Quoted from phs4real:

I added a 3/4” standoff using a 1 1/2” screw. Solid solution, looks original and Works perfectly! [quoted image][quoted image]

Genius! Ideal solution, thanks!

#15361 1 year ago

Had a rough time picking a color with power coating, turned out great though. Has a very nice sparkle flake in the clear

PXL_20220930_215407893 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_215407893 (resized).jpg
#15362 1 year ago

Looks great! Whats the name of the color?

Quoted from Mitoska:

Had a rough time picking a color with power coating, turned out great though. Has a very nice sparkle flake in the clear
[quoted image]

#15363 1 year ago

DeadFlip just posted a fantastic video of Keith and Rick playing 1.0 code on his premium machine.

Keith absolutely destroys the game! I've certainly never seen jackpot or destruction values even close to this on my Pro. KOTM spoilers too. I avoided them, but it should be around the 75min mark. Enjoy.

#15364 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My number one recommendation is to just play it for a few weeks and don't change anything. Form your own opinions. It's your game.

I think this is an excellent recommendation. There is no shortage of mods to the game, and anything can move/tilt during shipping. Get the game, play it a bunch and then come back and ask "is this normal?" Then spend thousands of dollars on mods LOL! There's almost nothing you need to do to the game out of the box - possibly tighten up the left ramp ball guide, but that's personal preference.

#15365 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Had my best game yet. Got to monster zero first the first time. Like I couldn’t miss.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Good shootin’!

#15366 1 year ago

Unique airball today:

Shot to Mecha-spinner, off Mechagodzilla’s chest, onto the wireform return to left flipper.
(Say *what*???)
Part of the first truly fun game I’ve had since unboxing my pin. Finally got it going; saw the buttery smoothness; hit lots of shots; found the loop at least a few times. Still love the graceful toss from the left spinner to the Tail Whip lane to a bounce pass off the left flipper. That path reminds me of Stern’s POTC.

#15367 1 year ago

We

Quoted from phs4real:

I added a 3/4” standoff using a 1 1/2” screw. Solid solution, looks original and Works perfectly! [quoted image][quoted image]

Curious though, when the shield turret rotates, doesn't that obstruct the tail whip lane, as it would be blocking the lower guide rail. The bottom of that standoff looks like it's already gotten hit by a few balls

#15368 1 year ago

The king of monsters has arrived!

9BE2F4FC-30E9-4B10-B225-DCB16AF2C31A (resized).jpeg9BE2F4FC-30E9-4B10-B225-DCB16AF2C31A (resized).jpeg
#15369 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

We

Curious though, when the shield turret rotates, doesn't that obstruct the tail whip lane, as it would be blocking the lower guide rail. The bottom of that standoff looks like it's already gotten hit by a few balls

Nope, it does not block anything. The only thing it obstructs is the space where the ball can get stuck. I have a similar set up and no issues at all. It's a very elegant solution first proposed here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/154#post-6778485

#15370 1 year ago

The simplest solution to the ball getting stuck along the side, at the back of the ramp in front of MGZ, is to stick on a bumper dot, which is typically used to buffer closing cabinet doors. I installed mine months ago and it solved the getting stuck problem 100%, and is by far the simplest way to solve the problem. It won't be seen unless you're looking for it.

IMG_3795 (resized).jpgIMG_3795 (resized).jpg
#15372 1 year ago

My zilla shield targets stopped moving . Thinking bad motor ? Doesn’t sound good .

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09c3BtFD5bCZH53idsEZGi6cA

#15373 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

We

No, It does't get in the way from a tail whip shot or any other shot. The bumper dot actually sticks out farther than stand off.

F305573A-CC7A-4559-BF40-758E9E9C9A70 (resized).jpegF305573A-CC7A-4559-BF40-758E9E9C9A70 (resized).jpeg
#15374 1 year ago
Quoted from phs4real:

No, It does't get in the way from a tail whip shot or any other shot. The bumper dot actually sticks out farther than stand off.[quoted image]

I can see it's hidden in that position but when the turret rotates it exposes that hex standoff... the flipper doesn't have a direct line towards the standoff.. but theoretically, it could take the random bounce in that lane off the post...from either direction. I just don't want to change the flow in that area.

Screenshot_20221004_005220 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221004_005220 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221004_005438 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221004_005438 (resized).jpg

#15375 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

My zilla shield targets stopped moving . Thinking bad motor ? Doesn’t sound good .

Spinning or binding - not sure which, but it looks easy to pop off for a quick look.

#15376 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Put it in a test mode and check power to the motor?

#15377 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Spinning or binding - not sure which, but it looks easy to pop off for a quick look.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Put it in a test mode and check power to the motor?

Definitely doesn’t spin , I’ll pop it off but not as easy as it looks it’s eclipped to a plastic arm doubt I could get that off without removing the entire mech .

I’ll check voltage it definitely gets power .

#15378 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's almost nothing you need to do to the game out of the box - possibly tighten up the left ramp ball guide

That's all I've done to my game. I also switched all the rubbers to Super-bands and have replaced both of the lower flipper coil stops when they failed.

#15379 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Definitely doesn’t spin , I’ll pop it off but not as easy as it looks it’s eclipped to a plastic arm doubt I could get that off without removing the entire mech .
I’ll check voltage it definitely gets power .

Fixed … motor had a piece of tiny metal jammed in you had to totally disassemble. Might still need. A replacement as I am guess it lost a tooth .

#15380 1 year ago

Are inserts having "cracks" normal for NIB? Several inserts have them, most noticeably the large MechaGodzilla insert. I might be nitpicking or maybe this is normal, just wanted some opinions.

Also on top of one of the buildings is a pretty obvious scuff but it can't be seen until you get the playfield out a bit. Is it worth bringing up with Stern?

20220927_145000 (resized).jpg20220927_145000 (resized).jpg20220930_145426 (resized).jpg20220930_145426 (resized).jpg
#15381 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The simplest solution to the ball getting stuck along the side, at the back of the ramp in front of MGZ, is to stick on a bumper dot, which is typically used to buffer closing cabinet doors. I installed mine months ago and it solved the getting stuck problem 100%, and is by far the simplest way to solve the problem. It won't be seen unless you're looking for it.
[quoted image]

I think that’s the best solution for this issue, out of sight and doesn’t put any extra nicks or scratches on the ball, there’s enough exposed metal to do that already!

#15382 1 year ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

Are inserts having "cracks" normal for NIB? Several inserts have them, most noticeably the large MechaGodzilla insert. I might be nitpicking or maybe this is normal, just wanted some opinions.
Also on top of one of the buildings is a pretty obvious scuff but it can't be seen until you get the playfield out a bit. Is it worth bringing up with Stern?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe what you are seeing in the inserts is normal, just part of the sanding process they dont always seem to look perfect.

As for the scuff, that is not normal but maybe the its hitting the cabinet when its not pulled out?

#15383 1 year ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has the same scuff on top of the building. Its under the wood part, so not really visible. Getting replaced anyway with other stuff, but if I was to keep it there, wouldnt notice it.

#15384 1 year ago

I could’ve sworn I heard extra ball is lit … maybe I’m wrong …. Where is the shot for the extra ball ?

#15385 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I could’ve sworn I heard extra ball is lit … maybe I’m wrong …. Where is the shot for the extra ball ?

Saucer I think

#15386 1 year ago

shoot the saucer

#15387 1 year ago

#15388 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

There isn’t a specific extra ball shot there are just specific things that award you an EB

3 Saucers, 10 jet fighters, defeating 2 monsters

#15389 1 year ago

Been searching but can’t find this answer - ability to turn up the sound of the spinners??

#15390 1 year ago

My wife said that she doesn't know how the ball got there. I tried to shake it out but it was lodged in there pretty tight.

PXL_20221005_011455883 (resized).jpgPXL_20221005_011455883 (resized).jpg
#15391 1 year ago

hey guys,
do you know what the left slingshot plastic part number is? it's not in the manual online.

#15392 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Been searching but can’t find this answer - ability to turn up the sound of the spinners??

I like where your heads at, but can’t do it.

#15393 1 year ago

Was one of the first things I noticed on my first couple games - I assume it would be a reach to have that as an option. But I want to hear those things RIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPP

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like where your heads at, but can’t do it.

#15394 1 year ago

The supper spinner sound effects when you hit the spinner after using a heat ray are pretty solid, but yeah.

#15395 1 year ago

I've found the shaker motor integrations on some of the spinner-related stuff (Tesla Strike first and foremost) to be very satisfying. If you need more spinner rip energy in your life and don't have a shaker, I recommend it!

#15396 1 year ago

I don’t - sounds like I need to. The spinner sound just a little too quiet I actually thought my volume was at first

Quoted from wywin:

I've found the shaker motor integrations on some of the spinner-related stuff (Tesla Strike first and foremost) to be very satisfying. If you need more spinner rip energy in your life and don't have a shaker, I recommend it!

#15397 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

There isn’t a specific extra ball shot there are just specific things that award you an EB
3 Saucers, 10 jet fighters, defeating 2 monsters

+ City combos iirc

#15398 1 year ago

There was a method that someone posted regarding lifting the playfield up level with the use of clamps on the side of the cabinet. I think they were harbor freight clamps. Anyone happen to know the size of the clamps?

#15399 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

There was a method that someone posted regarding lifting the playfield up level with the use of clamps on the side of the cabinet. I think they were harbor freight clamps. Anyone happen to know the size of the clamps?

yes please post this

#15400 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I've used 6" spring clamps with towels/rags draped over the side cabinet for protection. Works great https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Spring-Clamps-Inches-Heavy/dp/B097PMPT5X/ref=sr_1_29

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/308?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.