PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 548.
#15051 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

My NIB GZ Premium doesn't release the balls that are locked on the top of the building at the end of a game...or at the start of a new game...it just keeps cycling over and over 'searching for pinballs' but doesn't release them to the pf...what's up with that?
Read the manual twice and multiple forums but can't find how to fix that issue?
Thanks!

Doesn't release during multiball either.

The building test only tests going up and down to different levels...anyone help me with this fix to the ball release mech???

Thanks

#15052 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Check the building MECH in the diagnostic testing. I've seen the building sometimes stuck on a gear.. Manually turn it a bit and see if it breaks loose.
The way it should work is, after the end of every game the building goes down IF a ball is on the roof. It won't actually let you start a new game. You said it was a new game, ensure you have all the balls installed.

Thanks...yes all 6 balls installed...and the building test only makes it go up and down.. which works fine...but the guard on top doesn't lift up to release the balls?

I don't see a test for that...is there one??

Thanks!

#15053 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

Thanks...yes all 6 balls installed...and the building test only makes it go up and down.. which works fine...but the guard on top doesn't lift up to release the balls?
Thanks!

Have you tried manually moving it up/down? When you lift the playfield up and lean it against the backbox, does it flip to the other side?

If it can be moved manually then it's not "stuck" and that would probably mean there is something up with the mechanic that moves it, versus it being stuck.

#15054 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

Thanks!

I think I saw an earlier post where the building would not go down far enough to make it lift. Not sure what the fix was, but it is in this thread somewhere.

#15055 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:With the door opened, did you have the override button pulled out when doing these attempts?

I think that’s only to disable the 48v circuitry. Everything else should be powered.

#15056 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Have you tried manually moving it up/down? When you lift the playfield up and lean it against the backbox, does it flip to the other side?
If it can be moved manually then it's not "stuck" and that would probably mean there is something up with the mechanic that moves it, versus it being stuck.

It's not stuck...the guard moves freely when I move it...but it doesn't lift when the game ends or during multiball...

#15057 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I think I saw an earlier post where the building would not go down far enough to make it lift. Not sure what the fix was, but it is in this thread somewhere.

Maybe that's it...maybe it's not going low enough to lift the guard and release the balls

Thanks I'll keep reading but haven't seen it mentioned yet

#15058 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

With the door opened, did you have the override button pulled out when doing these attempts?

Yes the buttons do nothing,
Doesn’t register when I press them

#15059 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

Maybe that's it...maybe it's not going low enough to lift the guard and release the balls

The guard gets pushed up when the building lowers, there isn't a solenoid or anything that lifts it.

I'm not at my machine to confirm what it lowers into to raise the guard.

#15060 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

Quoted from awesome1:

The guard gets pushed up when the building lowers, there isn't a solenoid or anything that lifts it.
I'm not at my machine to confirm what it lowers into to raise the guard.

Theres a post/nub/etc that sticks up. When the building lowers, the roof tab will be pressed upon that post as the building goes lower. If the building is perfectly leveled and having issues, I'd check that post area in the building test. If its not going high enough by a small margin, a quick fix might be some washers or something similar to give it the extra height.

Same, not at my game right now to double check the exact post position.

#15061 1 year ago

Best yet since owning early August. Felt pretty good. Had some good jet attack bonuses going .

C41D9380-A93F-43D2-B725-1C80C12F33B6 (resized).jpegC41D9380-A93F-43D2-B725-1C80C12F33B6 (resized).jpeg
#15062 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

Quoted from Sleal16:

Theres a post/nub/etc that sticks up. When the building lowers, the roof tab will be pressed upon that post as the building goes lower. If the building is perfectly leveled and having issues, I'd check that post area in the building test. If its not going high enough by a small margin, a quick fix might be some washers or something similar to give it the extra height.
Same, not at my game right now to double check the exact post position.

Here is a pic of that post circled in red. It is off to the side of building nearest Godzilla. That post hits that little tab you can see on top of the building which then raises the gate. I have seen at least one post where someone did have to raise this and it was not an issue with the building not getting low enough, supposedly.

PXL_20220922_185756525_2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220922_185756525_2 (resized).jpg
#15064 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Here is a pic of that post circled in red. It is off to the side of building nearest Godzilla. That post hits that little tab you can see on top of the building which then raises the gate. I have seen at least one post where someone did have to raise this and it was not an issue with the building not getting low enough, supposedly.[quoted image]

That was probably my post. I added a washer or two under there as occasionally balls weren’t getting released. Very easy fix that worked perfectly.

#15065 1 year ago

Considering joining the club and really trying to avoid the price increase on a premium and get in at MSRP. Anyone got any hot tips on how I can do that?

#15066 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Considering joining the club and really trying to avoid the price increase on a premium and get in at MSRP. Anyone got any hot tips on how I can do that?

Not sure if they are running more this year. Good luck though.

#15067 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Buy one from a show coming up. There should be 1-2 at Pincinnati. Ask tilt if they will have any for sale.

#15068 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Start calling all Stern distributors in the US and hope you get lucky. It worked for me but granted that was August after a fresh run.

#15069 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Hit up Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I contacted a bunch of distros after playing one Memorial Day weekend and he told me he may have some allocation for July run and asked me if I wanted on a list. Then early July he let me know he had one for me if I wanted it, and I had it in my house August 6th.

So basically he put me on a waitlist without even putting any money down. I don't know if there is another run this year or not but doesn't hurt to ask.

And damn, we're neighbors!

#15070 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Supposedly Godzilla wont be on the line again till next year as it just had a run in August

#15071 1 year ago

I'm in the club!

IMG_20220922_200230632.jpgIMG_20220922_200230632.jpg
#15072 1 year ago

Hello Everyone, I made a full install guide for the Advanced Speaker Light Kit from MythMaker "Myth Pinball"

It is an excellent product, and I wanted to help the community by showing how easy it is to install this kit.

I do like to go into detail giving advice on what exactly to do, the guides they sent their customers are really good, but I just feel a video guide is perfect for those newbies PIN players like myself.

Enjoy the video, feedback is always appreciated.

#15073 1 year ago

Bug Report Version 1.0 or did I just notice this?

After the Ver 1.0 update, my 48V coin door interlock switch no longer works.

I've checked the connections and swapped switches with my other games, still nothing.

Performing a diagnostic switch test does not show the coin door interlock switch as working.

Anyone else have this behavior?

I'm sure it was working prior to the update, but it may just be coincidental

Thanks

*edit*

I did find this post and it looks like it may be my PDB (Power Distribution Board)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-not-registering-open-jp-pro#post-6876953

Thanks blujae014

I'll try to get Stern to issue a replacement through support/distro/warranty

#15074 1 year ago

Replacing coil stops. And one of the screws was already broken.
Since this is a US size (and I am in Europe), can someone tell.me what size screw this is? And if you have a link, much appreciated

1FA3C4EE-972E-41AE-B09A-FE1E0410025B (resized).jpeg1FA3C4EE-972E-41AE-B09A-FE1E0410025B (resized).jpeg
#15075 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Hit up Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I contacted a bunch of distros after playing one Memorial Day weekend and he told me he may have some allocation for July run and asked me if I wanted on a list. Then early July he let me know he had one for me if I wanted it, and I had it in my house August 6th.
So basically he put me on a waitlist without even putting any money down. I don't know if there is another run this year or not but doesn't hurt to ask.
And damn, we're neighbors!

I'll give him a call. Thanks to you and the others here for the suggestions. Hopefully I can figure something out.

It's nice to see some local folks here. This community has been really great, especially for folks like me who are newish to the hobby.

#15076 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Bug Report Version 1.0 or did I just notice this?
After the Ver 1.0 update, my 48V coin door interlock switch no longer works.
I've checked the connections and swapped switches with my other games, still nothing.
Performing a diagnostic switch test does not show the coin door interlock switch as working.
Anyone else have this behavior?
I'm sure it was working prior to the update, but it may just be coincidental
Thanks
*edit*
I did find this post and it looks like it may be my PDB (Power Distribution Board)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coin-door-not-registering-open-jp-pro#post-6876953
Thanks blujae014
I'll try to get Stern to issue a replacement through support/distro/warranty

Pretty sure mine is doing this as well. Noticed it a few weeks ago before this update. I need to check this further.

#15077 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

The few games I have played on v1.0 seem like the magnet settings were adjusted and it is not working as well. Building shots have missed the magnet several times. V.98 seemed like it was working near perfect. Curious if others are experiencing the same.

This is happening on mine now after the update.
Worked near perfect before (occasionally wouldn't catch a magna grab)
It catches it for multiballs (GMB, monster zero..) but not for destruction jackpots or tier 2 battles.

#15078 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I'll give him a call. Thanks to you and the others here for the suggestions. Hopefully I can figure something out.
It's nice to see some local folks here. This community has been really great, especially for folks like me who are newish to the hobby.

Yeah I'm new as well. Last November is when I made my first purchase and got a NIB JP. I didn't even have room for JP but I made room.

And I definitely didn't have room for GZ but made room for that one too.

Thankfully I'm now ACTUALLY out of room. Or so I keep telling myself. But the price increase has me pretty sure that I am out of room.

#15079 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Since this is a US size (and I am in Europe), can someone tell.me what size screw this is? And if you have a link, much appreciated [quoted image]

I wonder the same thing. Probably one of those 65/124 of an inch

#15080 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Since this is a US size (and I am in Europe), can someone tell.me what size screw this is? And if you have a link, much appreciated [quoted image]

5/16 inch works

#15081 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

https://www.pinballlife.com/10-32-x-38-serrated-slotted-hex-washer-thread-forming-screw.html

#15082 1 year ago

So when does it say "shoot the wamps"? I have never heard this call out.

#15083 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So when does it say "shoot the wamps"? I have never heard this call out.

It's "ramps" but said with a heavy/thick/fake NY accent.

I usually hear it right near the start when I haven't hit either ramp yet (kaiju battle not lit)

#15084 1 year ago

My first experience with a Stern pin updating the code via WiFi (I have 4 JJP pins and all update via WiFi). Anyway, I powered up Godzilla, went to the service menu, network, software update, and realized that the pin had already started downloading the new code as soon as I powered up. once it finished, I went to update software and that was it. No glitches or problems at all which was welcomed news as I just had to replace my water heater that busted in the night

#15085 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

It's "ramps" but said with a heavy/thick/fake NY accent.
I usually hear it right near the start when I haven't hit either ramp yet (kaiju battle not lit)

Oh. Everyone keeps saying wamps and I was confused.

#15086 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Pretty sure mine is doing this as well. Noticed it a few weeks ago before this update. I need to check this further.

Thanks for the response

#15087 1 year ago

Why is it that when changing cities, I get a bonus for base, bridge and tanks, but no multiplier on the carnage bonus? What activates the multiplier, is it completing these modes? A super jackpot?

#15088 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Why is it that when changing cities, I get a bonus for base, bridge and tanks, but no multiplier on the carnage bonus? What activates the multiplier, is it completing these modes? A super jackpot?

You need to activate objectives on the same ball in order to get the multipliers.

Once the player leaves a City, they will score the Carnage Bonus. This is determined by adding up:

The current Destruction Jackpot, excluding the multiplier but including temporary base value
Total points from all three types of Annihilation Bonus
+1x per Annihilation Bonus activated on the same ball (ie. if all three were collected before cashing out the Carnage Bonus, this would be 4x)
+1x if all four Monster Monitor inserts were collected

#15089 1 year ago

On my second game with the 1.00 code installed, I finally joined the billion point club yesterday! I also got to Terror of MechaGodzilla and, I think, Saucer Multiball for the first time. And I fought my first tier 2 battles as well. I had no idea what I was doing! I never read the rules for those modes because I had never even sniffed tier 2 battles or terror before. So happy! But now I gotta go bone up on the rules some more…

6EE8EB15-39A6-4DAD-B66A-58075B148F86 (resized).jpeg6EE8EB15-39A6-4DAD-B66A-58075B148F86 (resized).jpeg
#15090 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

My first experience with a Stern pin updating the code via WiFi (I have 4 JJP pins and all update via WiFi). Anyway, I powered up Godzilla, went to the service menu, network, software update, and realized that the pin had already started downloading the new code as soon as I powered up. once it finished, I went to update software and that was it. No glitches or problems at all which was welcomed news as I just had to replace my water heater that busted in the night

Same here. Worked flawlessly and so nice not having to mess with a computer and USB-sticks. Well done Stern!

#15091 1 year ago

Wifi has just been SUPER slow on mine. Like it said it would take 700 hours. And my GZ is like 10 feet (through the ceiling) away from the wifi extender it connects to. I honestly think it has to do with the wifi dongle. I am constantly having connection issues with it and I even have a USB extender so the dongle is outside of the backbox. The one I bought from MicroCenter that I put in my JP has given me much better results. Next time I stop by MC I think I'm going to just buy another one and replace the one that came with it.

#15092 1 year ago

Did they change the rules or method of getting saucer MB? Never got it before actually but after 1.0 I've gotten it twice

#15093 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Did they change the rules or method of getting saucer MB? Never got it before actually but after 1.0 I've gotten it twice

no but they added in a reward for 9 saucers

#15094 1 year ago
Quoted from Mischa:

Keep an eye on those EOS contacts - they’re getting close.

B2D8EC54-D3FB-4AF7-B750-D220A88C060E (resized).jpegB2D8EC54-D3FB-4AF7-B750-D220A88C060E (resized).jpeg
#15095 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Pay attention to the flashing blue light near the saucer that is activated if you only roll over the lowest switch behind the saucer... it immediately makes the saucer available to collect by hitting the saucer. This can help you reach 6 saucers easier and get to saucer multiball more frequently. This is not new in 1.0 code though.

#15096 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Pay attention to the flashing blue light near the saucer that is activated if you only roll over the lowest switch behind the saucer... it immediately makes the saucer available to collect by hitting the saucer. This can help you reach 6 saucers easier and get to saucer multiball more frequently. This is not new in 1.0 code though.

Also if you can SHATZ the right inlane, shooting from the left flipper up the inlane, then hit the saucer pop bumper it counts for 2 hits. Its a hard shot though REALLY late on that flipper.

#15097 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Keep an eye on those EOS contacts - they’re getting close.[quoted image]

Will keep an eye on it, thanks!

#15098 1 year ago

Did anyone find the Terror of Mechagodzilla values are much higher with the new code? Just scored over 700 million when before I could only score 300 million.

#15099 1 year ago

This isn't GZ specific, but has anyone taken the IC sticker off the right side of the back box? I haven't tried yet but want to and was wondering if taking a hair dryer to it is the best/easiest method to get it off clean.

#15100 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Did anyone find the Terror of Mechagodzilla values are much higher with the new code? Just scored over 700 million when before I could only score 300 million.

My kid felt the same. He thought they changed something. He got over 1b!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.