IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 547.
#15001 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone having issues with it not shooting ball up to get on top of the building? No issues until 1.0. Tested fine. Did it three times so far and ball search drops it. Few games worked perfectly. Weird.

For me is the inverse, i always had some problems with that, often the ball arrived only at the 2nd or 3rd try, now it goes perfectly.
I imagine they changed the strength of the coil ...

#15002 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

So you select Ebirah. Time runs out before you beat him. You shoot the scoop and it asks you if you want to rematch him. You select to rematch him.
Why does it then still show the screen where you would select your battle, and even have a call out to pick your battle? The decision has already been made.
Is there some reason for this I'm not understanding? I figured it was the kinda thing they would clean up by this update.
Thanks for any input.

I haven't tried it in 1.0 code yet, but you can have a little "Fun" with this if you like, by trying to move to a different foe when it shows the select screen... it just keeps repeating the name of the selected foe, over and over as many times as you try to move to a different foe.

#15003 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

35+6 shipping. You’ll want one for the shooter lane switch too though IMO

I just installed the MRS switch replacements near the saucer and the upper left flipper. Game flows alot better.

#15004 1 year ago

Still ironing out the bugs on my topper. GZ dorsal fin glow and circling monster are switch activated and stay on for 30 seconds. Originally I planned on the flying monsters to be behind the plexi and the shaft hiding behind GZ. Ran out of ceiling height.

#15005 1 year ago

First game on new code and…. finally hit the BILLION!!!

69A6C41C-102F-4ADE-A2BB-788C7484FBD4 (resized).jpeg69A6C41C-102F-4ADE-A2BB-788C7484FBD4 (resized).jpeg
#15006 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I appreciate the new verbal call-out when Battle is lit.
Question for folks: I recently noticed that rejects from left ramp will sometimes pop out just a bit from the lane guide on exit and go SDTM. It never did this before, it would always go to my left flipper. Visually, I can't see anything causing this, and I can't simulate it with the glass off. The only change I can feel anywhere near that spot is the Mylar, but that hasn't changed.
Anyone else experience this or have ideas?

I have had this problem occasionally in the past, not from the left ramp rejects but from loops or shots to the center spinner. I as well inspected the rail and didn't notice any debris or imperfections. I did recently do the fix to bring in the rails that are near the magna grab to make the left ramp entry wider and the number of times that I've had this problem or deflect straight down the middle has definitely gone down and is almost non-existent now.

#15007 1 year ago
Quoted from izzy:

I just installed the MRS switch replacements near the saucer and the upper left flipper. Game flows alot better.

Can you show a pic or two of what the switches looks like?

#15008 1 year ago

Any idea why King of the Monsters didn’t light for me in this game:

I played Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, and Planet X. Played MZ last of the three and then when it ended King of the Monsters insert wasn’t lit. Nothing was lit at the scoop (I’d just played a Tank MB and city select wasn’t lit) and the only bridge light lit was the blue Bash Building one at the left ramp. Nothing was lit at the building either. It didn’t look like I had anything to shoot for.

The inserts for Terror, MZ, and Planet X were all lit. Planet X was solid while Terror and MZ were pulsing.

I controlled all 4 cities, got all ball locks on MZ, and played Terror. Didn’t beat Planet X but based on the release notes it looks like you only have to play Planet X to qualify KOTM. Any idea what I was missing to light King of the Monsters?

#15009 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Any idea why King of the Monsters didn’t light for me in this game:
I played Monster Zero, Terror of Mechagodzilla, and Planet X. Played MZ last of the three and then when it ended King of the Monsters insert wasn’t lit. Nothing was lit at the scoop (I’d just played a Tank MB and city select wasn’t lit) and the only bridge light lit was the blue Bash Building one at the left ramp. Nothing was lit at the building either. It didn’t look like I had anything to shoot for.
The inserts for Terror, MZ, and Planet X were all lit. Planet X was solid while Terror and MZ were pulsing.
I controlled all 4 cities, got all ball locks on MZ, and played Terror. Didn’t beat Planet X but based on the release notes it looks like you only have to play Planet X to qualify KOTM. Any idea what I was missing to light King of the Monsters?

I heard Karl reference in one of his streams that you had to do either the victory laps in Planet X or …. some other qualifier. I’d have to rewatch the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1595022584

#15010 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone having issues with it not shooting ball up to get on top of the building? No issues until 1.0. Tested fine. Did it three times so far and ball search drops it. Few games worked perfectly. Weird.

I did have this happen once today, after the update.

#15011 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I heard Karl reference in one of his streams that you had to do either the victory laps in Planet X or …. some other qualifier. I’d have to rewatch the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1595022584

I didn’t watch the stream. Don’t want to spoil what the mode is before I play it. I just know the release notes say “ King of the Monsters - added this final wizard mode that is qualified by playing Planet X, Monster Zero, and Terror of Mechagodzilla.”

Maybe you’re confusing this with the new Ultra Wiz mode? The notes say that to play the Ultra Final Wizard Mode you have to complete Planet X, KOTM, MZ, and Terror. I was bummed that I didn’t beat Planet X because it meant I wouldn’t get the Ultra mode, but thought I should still get KOTM.

The order I played them was Terror, Planet X, and then MZ. When I hit the scoop to power up and qualify MZ, the scoop shot was also Tank #10. So Tank MB was lit at the scoop after I finished MZ. I played it but then when it was over nothing was lit to shoot for.

#15012 1 year ago

Powerup 11 actually lights kotm

#15013 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

Ugh. After reading your post I see it in the release notes now under Power Up 11. So I would have still needed to earn 3 more power ups to get it with only multi balls to play. Thanks.

#15014 1 year ago

Started to get my groove going on Super Train Loops and came up just short on the third jackpot and then it was a quick drain!

0.98 code last night...

#15015 1 year ago

Just out of curiosity has anybody really had the need to install the
building air ball protector that's sold?

I haven't really noticed any air balls

Haven't got a lot of play time in, and have been distracted by other issues like a bad ramp I just got a replacement for under warranty

Just trying to figure out if it's something I'll need on my premium

Thanks!

BobC

#15016 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Can you show a pic or two of what the switches looks like?

My posts #14729, 14733 and 14748 in this thread have pictures of the skill shot lane MRS installed.

#15017 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:Just out of curiosity has anybody really had the need to install the
Haven't got a lot of play time in, and have been distracted by other issues like a bad ramp I just got a replacement for under warranty
Thanks!
BobC

the building is made of steel and is made to be beat up by the ball. i've never seen a protector sold for it and it definitely doesn't need one.

#15018 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

the building is made of steel and is made to be beat up by the ball. i've never seen a protector sold for it and it definitely doesn't need one.

Does he mean the one that comes OEM in front of it? I don't think that's to protect the building.

#15019 1 year ago

Front of the building is metal b/c its expected to get his often when its going up/down during play. The sides are normal plastic though, so if anything that can crack with airballs, but already at an awkward angle to get hit often. I've seen photos of balls stuck on the sides, but those instances should be rare

#15020 1 year ago

The Ulek Store makes an enlarged plastic to replace the one that's there (infront / over where the ball rolls in)

It's advertised as a "must have"

But I'm skeptical

It's just that I was going to order something else from them, and thought I could combine shipping if it was really a thing I should get.

Thank you everybody for feedback!

Quoted from Sorokyl:

#15021 1 year ago

Maybe some people got air balls off the stand up targets there?

But I did see somebody selling little wedgie things you can put in your stand-ups to help prevent that.

I think I'll pass on that plastic thing unless something catastrophic happens.

Quoted from BobC:

The Ulek Store makes an enlarged plastic to replace the one that's there (infront / over where the ball rolls in)
But I'm skeptical
It's just that I was going to order something else from them, and thought I could combine shipping if it was really a thing I should get.

#15022 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

I'm not sure if the piece is necessary or not but Ulek is dope. I requested a custom piece for my lord of the rings with lady galadriel on it and he made it quick and didnt charge much at all.

#15023 1 year ago

I mean if you are ordering something else and the plastic is cheap it doesn't hurt to have a spare just in case. I am waiting for my next order of something from someone who sells mecha plastics/replacements as mine cracked recently from an airball I assume (right side of pic)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15024 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

I'm not sure if the piece is necessary or not but Ulek is dope. I requested a custom piece for my lord of the rings with lady galadriel on it and he made it quick and didnt charge much at all.

+1 for Ulek mods in general

#15025 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

But I'm skeptical

I have a green plastic protector for that same area I’d sell you if you’re interested. I didn’t care for the color in that particular area (loved it everywhere else tho!) so I don’t have any need for it.

#15026 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

Just out of curiosity has anybody really had the need to install the
Thanks!
BobC

No, I've had at least 200-300 plays on Godzilla and not once have I seen a need for an air ball protector. It's not necessary at all. At this section there is already a plastic roof with a metal plate on the front building power targets. As far as I'm concerned if it where ever to fly at this location the game already has a default air ball protector; there is absolutely no need to make it longer.

#15027 1 year ago

I’m glad to hear that random guy with an east coast accent (is it NY or Philly?) seems to have a reduced role in callouts in v1.0. I guess he’s supposed to be the American guy from the Xiliens movie but, even so, I never understood the rhyme or reason to why he has certain call outs vs. the reporter guy. At first I was wondering why Danny DeVito was in my Godzilla game.

#15028 1 year ago

Put a deposit down on a premium for next years release. I'm a little slow to the party, but this will be my second NIB ever, or maybe first depending when I get my Alien LV! haha! Figuring fall 2023 for the GZ. We shall see!

#15029 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Put a deposit down on a premium for next years release. I'm a little slow to the party, but this will be my second NIB ever, or maybe first depending when I get my Alien LV! haha! Figuring fall 2023 for the GZ. We shall see!

My first NIB too. What a great game though. I don't think you will regret it.

#15030 1 year ago

Game has been solid since I got it but recently seems like the magnet is not catching balls as often, with shots whipping out the building loop not grabbed or the grab launching and playing the video for it but the ball is not being grabbed. It's seeming very inconsistent suddenly when it was very rock solid for the first month of ownership. Is there a setting for the magnet that should be tweaked? I just saw to settings for pulses but not sure if anything would improve the catching of the balls.

#15031 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Game has been solid since I got it but recently seems like the magnet is not catching balls as often, with shots whipping out the building loop not grabbed or the grab launching and playing the video for it but the ball is not being grabbed. It's seeming very inconsistent suddenly when it was very rock solid for the first month of ownership. Is there a setting for the magnet that should be tweaked? I just saw to settings for pulses but not sure if anything would improve the catching of the balls.

The few games I have played on v1.0 seem like the magnet settings were adjusted and it is not working as well. Building shots have missed the magnet several times. V.98 seemed like it was working near perfect. Curious if others are experiencing the same.

#15032 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’m glad to hear that random guy with an east coast accent (is it NY or Philly?) seems to have a reduced role in callouts in v1.0. I guess he’s supposed to be the American guy from the Xiliens movie but, even so, I never understood the rhyme or reason to why he has certain call outs vs. the reporter guy. At first I was wondering why Danny DeVito was in my Godzilla game.

Damn...haven't played many games on 1.0 yet but I don't think I heard a "shoot the wamps!" Is it gone?

Flipside...damn I love the "we're going back in time to ball 1"

#15033 1 year ago
Quoted from Cwells3290:

The few games I have played on v1.0 seem like the magnet settings were adjusted and it is not working as well. Building shots have missed the magnet several times. V.98 seemed like it was working near perfect. Curious if others are experiencing the same.

I was kind of wondering that, as suddenly after 1.0 my magnet is not catching as much as before or seems underpowered at times with the sling shot effect

#15034 1 year ago

“Oh no, Jeremys Twipy” happened so quick i think thats what it said. Very funny

#15035 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

Actually it’s after Planet X, terror, and monster zero.

So you can get to power up 11 , but not have it ready yet. Make sure you’ve done Planet X too.

#15036 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Damn...haven't played many games on 1.0 yet but I don't think I heard a "shoot the wamps!" Is it gone?

I have never heard this callout. I started on .98

#15037 1 year ago

Where do I find the auto plunge settings?

blockquote cite="#7147685">Autoplunge did it, yes? Turn the auto plunge power down. I prefer it to auto plunge just below the bridge switch, that way if I want it to hit the bridge switch, I can override manual plunge.

#15038 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Where do I find the auto plunge settings?

Feature settings near all the other power settings. Click the Godzilla picture in the adjustments menus.

#15039 1 year ago

Anyone catch Keith on Deadflips Twitch stream earlier tonight? …. It’s worth a watch.

#15040 1 year ago

My first game trying out new 1.0 code for Godzilla and PG&E let me down!

***Adult language at the end!

#15041 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually it’s after Planet X, terror, and monster zero.
So you can get to power up 11 , but not have it ready yet. Make sure you’ve done Planet X too.

If you pass power up 11 and haven’t met the requirements for KOTM, what happens? Are you SOL?

#15042 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My first game trying out new 1.0 code for Godzilla and PG&E let me down!
***Adult language at the end!

Lol, and it looks like it happened while you were playing the Tesla Strike mode. Maybe one of your hits to a power line target caused it

#15043 1 year ago

My NIB GZ Premium doesn't release the balls that are locked on the top of the building at the end of a game...or at the start of a new game...it just keeps cycling over and over 'searching for pinballs' but doesn't release them to the pf...what's up with that?

Read the manual twice and multiple forums but can't find how to fix that issue?

Thanks!

#15044 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I heard the wamps call out in 1.0. Fear not.

#15045 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_E:

My NIB GZ Premium doesn't release the balls that are locked on the top of the building at the end of a game...or at the start of a new game...it just keeps cycling over and over 'searching for pinballs' but doesn't release them to the pf...what's up with that?
Read the manual twice and multiple forums but can't find how to fix that issue?
Thanks!

Check the building MECH in the diagnostic testing. I've seen the building sometimes stuck on a gear.. Manually turn it a bit and see if it breaks loose.

The way it should work is, after the end of every game the building goes down IF a ball is on the roof. It won't actually let you start a new game. You said it was a new game, ensure you have all the balls installed.

#15046 1 year ago

I think I bricked my game doing the update
This is showing on the screen and it won’t go past this screen. No service buttons work and I can’t do anything and it doesn’t recognize when I insert the usb thumb drive
I have downloaded the code to a usb stick and unpacked the .spk file and still it won’t boot.

Anyone got any tips?

F619F0EC-19FA-40AD-B489-E5338220A18D (resized).jpegF619F0EC-19FA-40AD-B489-E5338220A18D (resized).jpeg
#15047 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

This is showing on the screen and it won’t go past this screen. No service buttons work and I can’t do anything and it doesn’t recognize when I insert the usb thumb drive
I have downloaded the code to a usb stick and unpacked the .spk file and still it won’t boot.
Anyone got any tips?[quoted image]

Just to clarify, are you putting the USB stick in before you power on your machine?

#15048 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Anyone got any tips?[quoted image]

I would power off the machine remove the USB wifi dongle, put the USB in that port and reboot the machine and see if that helps.

Hopefully its locking up from the software end and not a hardware issue.

#15049 1 year ago

Yup done all that,
Tried booting with and without the stock SD card,
Same.
With and without the wifi dongle,
And with and without the usb thumb drive that I downloaded the new code too (after the screen popped up)

And this crash happened after downloading the new 1.0 code via wifi through insider connect which didn’t have an issue when I updated 0.98

#15050 1 year ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Yup done all that,
Tried booting with and without the stock SD card,
Same.
With and without the wifi dongle,
And with and without the usb thumb drive that I downloaded the new code too (after the screen popped up)
And this crash happened after downloading the new 1.0 code via wifi through insider connect which didn’t have an issue when I updated 0.98

With the door opened, did you have the override button pulled out when doing these attempts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/301?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.