Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 547.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Hey Everyone,
If anyone is still looking to buy a Godzilla LE.... I have 1 spot/allication open and for sale. I am selling this LE at MSRP, plus $300.00 for shipping, so $10,800.00 shipped to you. I will need payment all upfront to secure your spot/allication for this Godzilla LE.
Please PM me if you would like this machine and we can work out the details,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery
www.mipinballrefinery.com
[quoted image]

Class act right there. You know you could fleece customers but you don't. That's awesome. If I ever revert to buying NIB again, I'll be coming to you and happily make the drive from Ohio.

#52 2 years ago

Looks like a fun pin. In for an LE, and sad to be letting go of Munsters to make room for it. Re: flipping: I buy to play, but don’t have a problem with the hustle. A market is a market, and things are completely nuts right now due to global conditions.

#53 2 years ago

Got my Premium ordered today, got a premium release for October! I was told not many premiums will land this year.

So Excited !

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Class act right there. You know you could fleece customers but you don't. That's awesome. If I ever revert to buying NIB again, I'll be coming to you and happily make the drive from Ohio.

Agreed. I contacted half the distributors in the US today looking for an LE. Found only two at MSRP, one close-ish. But, it gave me a real nice list of who gouges, who doesn’t, who replies quickly even when sold out, etc.

#55 2 years ago

Premiums in October? When will the LE's ship? We are already mid September. I would not think LE's would be available until late October with first round of Premiums in November. Did anyone get conformation on time-lines?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Could you imagine the money that rolls in today alone. I own a successful business but this is next level. Distributors saying is crazier then Mando launch. Congrats to Elwin and Stern for what looks like another win!

No sorry but nothing was crazier than the mando launch. Loads more hype leading up. We're talking mando and Godzilla here... one of those themes is well not so big.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

No sorry but nothing was crazier than the mando launch.

Its nice that u like that show but in this particular hobby Godzilla is way more appealing, especially considering they went oldschool because u know we are old.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Agreed. I contacted half the distributors in the US today looking for an LE. Found only two at MSRP, one close-ish. But, it gave me a real nice list of who gouges, who doesn’t, who replies quickly even when sold out, etc.

Lets publish this list.

#59 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to secure a LE, I have no intention of flipping it.

#60 2 years ago

I had two le’s at Msrp and let one go to the next person. Don’t need two even though prob could have made money on it. Hear mid October on LE run so that is quick. Have to pay by first.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I was lucky enough to secure a LE, I have no intention of flipping it.

You weren't THAT lucky...there's a thousand of them, FFS.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Premiums in October? When will the LE's ship? We are already mid September. I would not think LE's would be available until late October with first round of Premiums in November. Did anyone get conformation on time-lines?

Purchased 4 machines for my Ohio locations. The operator pro's are already on the line and will be done quickly. The LE's are next and at 80 pins per day will be done quickly as well. Then on to the premiums for October.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You weren't THAT lucky...there's a thousand of them, FFS.

I assume it was 500 for US and 500 for ROW like usual?

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Usually it's 500 or 600 total. 1000 is absurd, and I'm assuming everyone on a wait list was able to get one, especially with so many being pissed off about the price.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What's "ROW" ? overseas?

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's "ROW" ? overseas?

Rest of the World

#67 2 years ago

I'm in for a premium. I wasn't initially excited about this but did a total 180 upon seeing the pictures and promo video. I still can't believe I'm paying as much for a Stern premium as we were for an LE not too long ago (last year?). A couple of years ago, when I picked up a JJP Pirates LE for 10k, I thought I might have been losing my mind; now that's less than a Stern LE. Crazy times.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Rest of the World

Yes, correct. I just realized I mixed a term used in the car community with the pinball community. Based on all the hate I have observed over carguments and car comparisons in general to pinball, I apologize.

#69 2 years ago

I'm in on a Premium. Paid my deposit today. Will be my 2nd pin and first NIB. Of course they raise the prices when I decide to get my first NIB!

#70 2 years ago

In for my first pin. Put deposit on the Premium version. Local distributor here. Got it at MSRP with free delivery.

#71 2 years ago

Premium for me. I wanted LE and asked to be on the list many months ago, so really dissapointed that with a 1000 of them I couldnt crack that list... But the premium looks amazing and Ill enjoy it. Love all Keiths games.

#72 2 years ago

From what I've seen here and on FB, there's still a good bit of folks trying to find one.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Usually it's 500 or 600 total. 1000 is absurd, and I'm assuming everyone on a wait list was able to get one, especially with so many being pissed off about the price.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

From what I've seen here and on FB, there's still a good bit of folks trying to find one.

I was assuming that Stern upped the number of LEs based on what they were hearing from distros about how many people were being put on a list. That's incredible if they're still able to sell them out that fast with that massive price hike.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was assuming that Stern upped the number of LEs based on what they were hearing from distros about how many people were being put on a list. That's incredible if they're still able to sell them out that fast with that massive price hike.

Yep, the demand from the invisible hand of the market is ever increasing. We have been insulated a bit on Pinside since you have to really hit that enthusiast level before your joining this wacky community. In the outside world there's tons of people spending tons of money on tons of hobbies, everything is getting hit.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Likely some people are buying one or more just to flip and some distributers might take some out of their allotment to sell later. This artificially sells out the game. So regular buyers are left without a chair when the music stops.

In past I was able to but STLE several months out because the dealer had left over and same with AFM LE. But that was before scalping of games was so profitable.

#76 2 years ago

In for my first LE (read: paid in full), stoked. It will look great placed between my AIQ and JP2!

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

From my Distro (one of Sterns largest) on his GZ announcement email..
“LE's sold out to our interest list in 90 Seconds.. There are no more Limited's available.”

#78 2 years ago

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.

ClassAct (resized).jpgClassAct (resized).jpg
#79 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.[quoted image]

Don't downvote this guy for his post; any meme with Monty Python in it--no matter how offensive--is worth an upvote.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Likely some people are buying one or more just to flip and some distributers might take some out of their allotment to sell later. This artificially sells out the game. So regular buyers are left without a chair when the music stops.
In past I was able to but STLE several months out because the dealer had left over and same with AFM LE. But that was before scalping of games was so profitable.

Yep, biggest issue if buying new in this environment is you can’t be indecisive - jump in based on pics/video or left paying more/waiting much longer on a pin.
Not exactly an ideal way to spend 8-12k

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.[quoted image]

It's this type of small-minded thinking that gives Pinside a bad rap...

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Know your place Pro buyers....seriously, who would buy the 'shit' version?....poor people it seems.

youre-a-douchebag (resized).jpgyoure-a-douchebag (resized).jpg
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'd hope this was a joke. But here you never know. It's all relative and it is clear many people here are very wealthy, but to own a single pro model stern someone is doing pretty well for the world at large to spend that much on a toy.

If this was a serious post shit like this is what would turn off newcomers and think pinball is a hobby for out of touch entitled rich people

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'd hope this was a joke. But here you never know. It's all relative and it is clear many people here are very wealthy, but to own a single pro model stern someone is doing pretty well for the world at large to spend that much on a toy.
If this was a serious post shit like this is what would turn off newcomers and think pinball is a hobby for out of touch entitled rich people

Also most Stern pros are just as good as the premiums but less bling.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some are better.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ya, the Keith Elwin games especially seem to do a great balance of making the pros a full fledged game, while still making the premiums enticing.

Until recently I had a Kiss pro and a Iron Maiden premium and besides the art package which is highly subjective, I was thinking I really could have gone with a Maiden pro. The Kiss pro seemed basically identical besides a couple one trick pony gimmicks.

The Godzilla premium had a couple cool mechs which pushed me over the edge, but I'm sure the pro will play great also.

#87 2 years ago

I am in on an LE, It will go next to my Ultraman

#88 2 years ago

So, about those magnets…thoughts on Ninja balls vs. carbon balls? Will the magnets in this game magnetize the chrome balls, hmmm? I hope not; magnets are not a problem on my AIQ or JP2, but WOZ, yes, need to run carbon balls there. Where do you think GZ will fall, carbon vs. chrome?

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

So, about those magnets…thoughts on Ninja balls vs. carbon balls? Will the magnets in this game magnetize the chrome balls, hmmm? I hope not; magnets are not a problem on my AIQ or JP2, but WOZ, yes, need to run carbon balls there. Where do you think GZ will fall, carbon vs. chrome?

Whatever you do in WOZ. A lot of magnets in Godzilla

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Ball baron carbon work great in guardians, huge difference from chrome

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Whatever you do in WOZ. A lot of magnets in Godzilla

lots? I thought I only saw 2? One in the bashtoy and one in the captive eh... ball/tube?

#92 2 years ago

I know this sounds like bragging but I'm sure I ordered before anybody here. I placed my order 3 years ago, or whatever the day was that Spooky said Stern got the Toho license. I became one of those 'sight unseen' guys and went to my distributor and said I was ordering the LE or whatever was the top model and I'd pay full retail regardless of whether the game was a hit or miss. When one of the Stern guys came on Pinside last year and said there was mud-fighting over who got the right to make Godzilla I actually dropped off a 1K deposit the next day and have been dropping off money ever since and finished fully paying yesterday. Of course, I was expecting 9500, not 10500, but whatever, I was prepared for 15K in case of a Super LE. As a result, I thankfully didn't have to pay over MSRP.

I was actually prepared to buy a Pro and and LE if there was to be no Super LE. I budgeted 15K. Once I found out that it was Keith Elwin, I figured there would be little chance of me buying both. The game would have to be substantially different, the way Steve Ritchie's games are (ex. Black Knight, Game of Thrones) or the art package on the Pro would have had to be much better and different than the LE (ex. Munsters).

For me, this was the number 1 theme. The only other theme that could appeal to me almost as much would be Pink Floyd... that and a few oddball old science fiction movies from the 50's that will never get made.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm in on a Premium. Paid my deposit today. Will be my 2nd pin and first NIB. Of course they raise the prices when I decide to get my first NIB!

Ditto.
Except I paid my deposit yesterday...

Also adding a shaker. I think a shaker is mandatory for this theme..

#94 2 years ago

Im guessing some folks are basing the sellout was crazy due to godzilla but forgetting the main reason was actually for those keith elwin loyalists like myself... I actually wanted an LE but prem was only thing available from my distro.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

lots? I thought I only saw 2? One in the bashtoy and one in the captive eh... ball/tube?

Okay, just the 2, but I’d definitely do the carbon or whatever is in WOZ

#96 2 years ago

Put my deposit down last night for a premium. First NIB I have bought at launch. Is it November yet?

#97 2 years ago

Thinking of preordering a Premium. Question: Has Stern released what the art blades will look like? The LE's look great, but Stern has disappointed me in the past with art blades, like on Mandalorian. The LE gets great looking ones that fit with the playfield art, but the regular art blades are just a bunch of "floating heads". I'm hoping for no floating heads here.

#98 2 years ago

Meanwhile Back at Stern factory the guys are hard at work making games.

tumblr_399993dee362a6d2fb03ad8c7d943ba6_0208758b_540.giftumblr_399993dee362a6d2fb03ad8c7d943ba6_0208758b_540.gif
#99 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good distributor? Or would it be better to just order/pick up right from Stern? What kind of prices are you guys getting on a Premium?

I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've only bought one NIB pin from the guys in Colorado, don't remember the name, Game Room Guys or something like that...

You're thinking of Game Exchange in Denver.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 210.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/2?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.