PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 548.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from AmericanZen:

Yeah looks to be correct, Gray up and gray red down. I wiggled it and the start light came on and the action button light. But when I opened the coin door and closed it again it turned off again. I guess I’ll be calling Stern tomorrow

Your connector in the backbox is probably wired reversed for the power cutoff switch. Verify it looks like this one.... (I'm thinking yours will be the opposite at this connector)

cutoff-connector (resized).jpgcutoff-connector (resized).jpg

If this IS the case, you can safely swap the connectors on the switch at the coin door and it will work right. But verify yours is REVERSED from what this pic shows in the backbox.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Ajoelson579:

Guessing we’re ordering from the same new dealer. I’m getting the other LE he is getting.

I assume so, yep. Funny, I was going to reach out to you about this based on something I saw you say elsewhere. Hoping we have a shipping notice by the end of the week!

#1403 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1404 2 years ago

Looks the same.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I know it would make more sense if games got made and shipped out the door in sequence, but that's not the way it works.
I do think they are close to the end of the run though. A friend of mine is still waiting on his LE, and was told he might get it by the end of the week.

I meant they are all made and have been shipped out already expect for overseas orders. There are no LE’s currently on the production line, wether or not your friend has received theirs yet or not is another story.

#1406 2 years ago

I'm out of ideas as to the cause now.

I say just unhook the two connectors at the door, pop the switch out and reconnect the connectors so the switch is just inside the cab, unaffected by the door and will play normally with the door closed until you can troubleshoot with Stern.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm out of ideas as to the cause now.
I say just unhook the two connectors at the door, pop the switch out and reconnect the connectors so the switch is just inside the cab, unaffected by the door and will play normally with the door closed until you can troubleshoot with Stern.

You can troubleshoot switch with a meter if you have it out of cab

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Actually I went steeper to 7 and it seems better ? I was low .

steepening it fixed a few SDTM's for me too. A powerful shot to the middle orbit (exiting above the upper flipper) would come off and go SDTM at 6.5 degrees. Steepening fixed it. Assuming this is like the other Elwins, wants to be right around or just under 7.

#1409 2 years ago

Thank y’all for the help. I’ll track it down.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from AmericanZen:

Thank y’all for the help. I’ll track it down.

Report back once you have the fix!

#1411 2 years ago

Anyone got.a list of Titans for this thing ? Wish Stern would just use them

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sweet! Who did he order from?

We both ordered from Korner Pocket in Woodinville.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone got.a list of Titans for this thing ? Wish Stern would just use them

I just went to the Titan website and they have a kit already set up.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thanks for measuring! I don't want to remove just in case if I sell someday, long down the road, the buyer might want it original. And he has come up with 2 designs that look great .

They going to be for sale? I would be interested in one.

#1415 2 years ago

Here's a guess, what if the actual switch was put in upside-down...in other words your wiring is correct but the switch is flipped? That would mean the gray would go on the very bottom instead and the grey red on the 3rd one from the bottom prong

Just thinking out loud

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I just went to the Titan website and they have a kit already set up.

But for pro not premium/Le ?

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I don't think there is a difference, but I could be wrong.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

We both ordered from Korner Pocket in Woodinville.

Nice guys, I've talked to em but never bought. I ordered from nx level so should be on same train comin out

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

They going to be for sale? I would be interested in one.

Yes, he's working on them now. Space coast pinball

#1420 2 years ago

Godzilla LE in the house.
Wow, sure is nice in person.
Cabinet decals really pop.
The wife is the GC on the first game

5F2A7E06-4C72-4D2B-B859-8A7406581E90 (resized).jpeg5F2A7E06-4C72-4D2B-B859-8A7406581E90 (resized).jpeg
#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Godzilla LE in the house.
Wow, sure is nice in person.
Cabinet decals really pop.
The wife is the GC on the first game
[quoted image]

Congrats mate, looking forward to eventually getting mine
Not sure how someone can downvote that but righto…

#1422 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I assume so, yep. Funny, I was going to reach out to you about this based on something I saw you say elsewhere. Hoping we have a shipping notice by the end of the week!

My birthday was last week. Was hoping for a birthday miracle. Either way, I feel fortunate to have been able to snag one of these. Hopefully ours land in great condition!

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from AmericanZen:

I pull the interlock button out and everything plays fine, when I close the coin door that hinge hits the white interlock?? button and pushes it back in and it won’t play
[quoted image]

Reversed wiring on switch, someone post a pic of their wiring on the actual switch so he can compare his to a working one. His seems Normally Open, instead of Normally Closed.

#1424 2 years ago

Played the LE on location yesterday. Got into my car afterward and immediately ordered a premium. Got lucky and got on the 1st run, should arrive next week

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:Played the LE on location yesterday. Got into my car afterward and immediately ordered a premium. Got lucky and got on the 1st run, should arrive next week

Holy shit, you got lucky!!!!

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

If you do shoot the exit when godzilla MB super jackpot is qualified, you get 2x super jackpot (vs 1x super jackpot shooting the building).
I do hope that they add more use for that shot in future code updates. To have a makeable shot that is mostly useless in the game is a huge waste of playfield potential.

No shit? I did not know that! Thank you!

#1427 2 years ago

I just rolled over 100 plays on my LE that was delivered Friday, Even with its current unfinished code, this game just raises the bar of what pinball can be. Great music, awesome mechs/art, campy callouts and incredible shots/flow. Everything about it is absolutely top notch and the achievements/tracking on insider adds a new element to pinball. I am fortunate enough to have a few of the pinsider top 5…Godzilla is easily at least an equal. This game came out of nowhere for me, but I am just blown away with how much fun it is. I have historically favored my CGC remakes over stern, not anymore.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I just rolled over 100 plays on my LE that was delivered Friday, Even with its current unfinished code, this game just raises the bar of what pinball can be. Great music, awesome mechs/art, campy callouts and incredible shots/flow. Everything about it is absolutely top notch and the achievements/tracking on insider adds a new element to pinball. I am fortunate enough to have a few of the pinsider top 5…Godzilla is easily at least an equal. This game came out of nowhere for me, but I am just blown away with how much fun it is. I have historically favored my CGC remakes over stern, not anymore.

I'm with you on that. I too favored CGC remakes over Sterns but the last two years have changed my mind and Godzilla has got to be one of the best pinball machines ever made. Two years ago would have been all over CCr but now that game just seems old and out of date despite their best efforts to make it look pretty.

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm with you on that. I too favored CGC remakes over Sterns but the last two years have changed my mind and Godzilla has got to be one of the best pinball machines ever made. Two years ago would have been all over CCr but now that game just seems old and out of date despite their best efforts to make it look pretty.

Don’t get me wrong, I am still pumped for CCR and CGC games are so solidly built. Instead of favoring CGC, I now love them both equally (at least Godzilla).

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Played the LE on location yesterday. Got into my car afterward and immediately ordered a premium. Got lucky and got on the 1st run, should arrive next week

Wow, u must have a magic Distro! I don't even have confirmation yet. So jealous.

#1431 2 years ago

Me neither. I have not heard a word. They have made all the LEs. And I thinking they are getting ready to ship?

#1432 2 years ago

Maybe I just don't know where to shoot, but I've been mid-battle with some monsters, and sitting there holding the ball with no lit shots. So it feels like I'm done, but ramp shots don't light the scoop, and I think I can hear him counting down (so I'm still in the battle), but no lit shots to shoot at. Is this a code issue, or am I just not getting creative enough in looking for where to shoot it? Just happened a couple of times.

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Maybe I just don't know where to shoot, but I've been mid-battle with some monsters, and sitting there holding the ball with no lit shots. So it feels like I'm done, but ramp shots don't light the scoop, and I think I can hear him counting down (so I'm still in the battle), but no lit shots to shoot at. Is this a code issue, or am I just not getting creative enough in looking for where to shoot it? Just happened a couple of times.

Which Kaiju battle? For Ebira, it’s the three spinners and then the pop bumper (which I don’t find so obvious looking when scanning for a lit lane!).

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Me neither. I have not heard a word. I am getting worried! They have made all the LEs. And they have shipped?

I think there is a good amount who don’t have their LE. I am still waiting on mine

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

All of the Tier I battles have a set order or shot location except for Megalon. Ebirah is all three spinners finishing with the pop bumper, Titanosaurus is the powerline targets left to right, then maser cannon, then magna-grab, and Gigan is the left and right ramp shots. Megalon is a PITA because shots only stay lit for about 10 seconds, they jump to random new locations, and there are sometimes delays before a shot is lit. So you might not be crazy, there may not have been a shot available.

#1436 2 years ago

Just saw the rule sheet here. Great job!!

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Holy cow!! You are lucky. Ordered mine 5 weeks ago and I'm in the second run.

#1438 2 years ago

Any thought on the ball falling off the building drop straight down the center drain?other than leveling.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any thought on the ball falling off the building drop straight down the center drain?other than leveling.

When the balls drop out of the lock, they hit that piece of plastic before dropping onto the playfield. It seems you could just put a small dimple or tiny post on that plastic shield, then the balls would be diverted around the dimple/post and would no longer go SDTM.

tempFileForShare_20211102-111914 (resized).jpgtempFileForShare_20211102-111914 (resized).jpg
#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I think there is a good amount who don’t have their LE. I am still waiting on mine

Yea a lot of people waiting including myself. From some of biggest distros too.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Wow! That's awesome and frustrating all at the same time... still waiting to see if I'm on first or second run Premiums and I ordered on initial release.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Mando I went ahead and created a rubber kit for the Premium/LE model:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1870

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

When the balls drop out of the lock, they hit that piece of plastic before dropping onto the playfield. It seems you could just put a small dimple or tiny post on that plastic shield, then the balls would be diverted around the dimple/post and would no longer go SDTM

I don’t think I’ve had a single ball drain coming out of the tower. The only drains I commonly get are the brutal shot just to the left of the tower that shoots back at you with a vengeance.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

If it's a recurring issue and you don't want to change the pitch or level of the machine, then I'd say put one or two of these on the plastic to divert the balls:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-Self-Adhesive-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-16-per-Pack-49967/203661150

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If it's a recurring issue and you don't want to change the pitch or level of the machine, then I'd say put one or two of these on the plastic to divert the balls:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-Self-Adhesive-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-16-per-Pack-49967/203661150

Good idea,thanks

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I don’t think I’ve had a single ball drain coming out of the tower. The only drains I commonly get are the brutal shot just to the left of the tower that shoots back at you with a vengeance.

Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to the ball lock on top of the building. I've seen it on video a few times where it will drain SDTM at the start of multiball. I have only played the pro version which doesn't have the collapsing building, so I haven't experienced it yet.
Check out this video at 2:55, it shows what I've seen.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to the ball lock on top of the building. I've seen it on video a few times where it will drain SDTM at the start of multiball. I have only played the pro version which doesn't have the collapsing building, so I haven't experienced it

Ya, that’s never happened to me and I’ve played a ton of games. Not sure what’s different about mine, just commenting that it doesn’t happen on all of them so there’s hope it can be fixed.

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Ya, that’s never happened to me and I’ve played a ton of games. Not sure what’s different about mine, just commenting that it doesn’t happen on all of them so there’s hope it can be fixed.

Never happened to me either - balls fall neatly onto the left flipper every single time.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from mahony:

Sorry for not being clear, I'm referring to the ball lock on top of the building. I've seen it on video a few times where it will drain SDTM at the start of multiball. I have only played the pro version which doesn't have the collapsing building, so I haven't experienced it yet.
Check out this video at 2:55, it shows what I've seen.

Can you loosen the screws for the mech and shift it a bit to the left flipper?

#1450 2 years ago

Awesome thanks! I was going to try and do this tonight but you beat me to it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/29?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.