IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 548.
#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Isn't this a post for a specific speaker set-up not for the standard speakers the game came with? Thanks.

Yes, it's more for replaced front and cabinet speaker.

#13952 1 year ago

Thank you for clarifying. I was referring to the stock speakers.

Quoted from northerndude:

Yes, it's more for replaced front and cabinet speaker.

#13953 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Isn't this a post for a specific speaker set-up not for the standard speakers the game came with? Thanks.

Try it - works decently for the OOTB speakers. And yes, it is better to replace the stock stuff, but this is a good quick start.

#13954 1 year ago

Are these apron lights ever supposed to light and under what condition? Mine don’t seem to and couldn’t find anything about them in settings. TIA

B0B878D2-9CC7-4E00-80FB-04F11851C770 (resized).jpegB0B878D2-9CC7-4E00-80FB-04F11851C770 (resized).jpeg
#13955 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Are these apron lights ever supposed to light and under what condition? Mine don’t seem to and couldn’t find anything about them in settings. TIA
[quoted image]

They should be on almost all the time, I think they technically function as GI. They're lit in attract mode, and you should be able to see them in the LED tests? Probably a loose / disconnected harness?

#13956 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

[quoted image]

They should be on, check the wires cause mine were loose and sitting in the ball trough area blocking balls on my new machine. I had to move and tape down the wire to stop it from blocking my ball drains

#13957 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone give me the best settings for the sounds as far as music and voice attenuation. Also, how do you turn off the gif awful knocker. Thanks in advance.

The knocker can be turned off in the settings. Can't recall the specific number right now, but it was listed as Knocker Volume
Edit: Found it. #43 under Standard Adjustments.

#13958 1 year ago

I like knockers

#13959 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

They should be on almost all the time, I think they technically function as GI. They're lit in attract mode, and you should be able to see them in the LED tests? Probably a loose / disconnected harness?

So apparently these lights are not in any of the service test modes. Very weird! They're software controlled because they turn off in some gameplay sequences. I wonder if that's a bug or oversight?

#13960 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

I like knockers

"Wow, what knockers!"....."Why, thank you doctor!"

#13961 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

"Wow, what knockers!"....."Why, thank you doctor!"

Gene Wilder was the best!

#13962 1 year ago

I’m frustrated. My upper flipper is acting strangely. The coil seems to hold its charge after I let go of the flipper switch. It will pause and then retract slowly. There is no binding, no issue with the EOS switch. I replaced the coil and it solved the issue for about a week and now the problem has returned. I think I’m having a grounding issue maybe? The standup targets are shocking me when I manually touch them, now I’ve noticed the metal mount under the lockdown bar is also holding voltage.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I don’t know where to start.

#13963 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’m frustrated. My upper flipper is acting strangely. The coil seems to hold its charge after I let go of the flipper switch. It will pause and then retract slowly. There is no binding, no issue with the EOS switch. I replaced the coil and it solved the issue for about a week and now the problem has returned. I think I’m having a grounding issue maybe? The standup targets are shocking me when I manually touch them, now I’ve noticed the metal mount under the lockdown bar is also holding voltage.
Has anyone else had similar issues? I don’t know where to start.

Did you replace the coil or the coil stop? Replace the coil stop and sleeve if you haven't.

As for the grounding, start at the basics and ohm from the ground in the game's plug to the ground in the game and the game's grounding braid strap to insure continuity. Then verify that your outlet is properly grounded.

#13964 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Did you replace the coil or the coil stop? Replace the coil stop and sleeve if you haven't.
As for the grounding, start at the basics and ohm from the ground in the game's plug to the ground in the game and the game's grounding braid strap to insure continuity. Then verify that your outlet is properly grounded.

Replaced the coil (and sleeve). I inspected the coil stop and it looks fine. I have extras but didn’t see the need to replace.

#13965 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

My upper flipper is acting strangely. The coil seems to hold its charge after I let go of the flipper switch. It will pause and then retract slowly.

One of the flipper bats on my JP was not adjusted correctly out of the factory - my flipper acted similarly to what your describing. If you haven't already, maybe try checking the gap between the flipper bat and the top of the flipper bushing compared to your other flippers?

#13966 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Replaced the coil (and sleeve). I inspected the coil stop and it looks fine. I have extras but didn’t see the need to replace.

Could be magnetized, it happens.

#13967 1 year ago

Buddy of mine came by yesterday and adjusted the shooter rod so it was straight and everything was perfectly lined up but I'm still getting messy launches manually and with the auto launch. We just don't know what else to do. We adjusted the power to the auto launch to everything we could think of, it either hits the magnet and goes straight down the middle or it just kind of bounces around and either doesn't make it around the initial "loop" and comes back down into the right inlane? or it makes it is just slow and messy. Sorry I don't know how else to explain it. Extremely frustrating.

#13968 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Buddy of mine came by yesterday and adjusted the shooter rod so it was straight and everything was perfectly lined up but I'm still getting messy launches manually and with the auto launch. We just don't know what else to do. We adjusted the power to the auto launch to everything we could think of, it either hits the magnet and goes straight down the middle or it just kind of bounces around and either doesn't make it around the initial "loop" and comes back down into the right inlane? or it makes it is just slow and messy. Sorry I don't know how else to explain it. Extremely frustrating.

Post a video, we need to see what is happening.

#13969 1 year ago

Joined the billionaire club last night. I only have like 25 games or so on this. My only other pin is JP and it's crazy how much longer games in GZ last. It's definitely much "easier" than JP is to me. This one game lasted me nearly 30 minutes. I think my longest game in JP is maybe like 10-15 minutes lol. But I constantly am playing games for like 15+ minutes in GZ unless it's a complete dud.

I somehow got the Terror of Mecha Godzilla mode after selecting it from the level 4 power up and then hitting the building shot, and that netted me 255 million and that put me at 999 million. I was nervous I wouldn't get 1 more million afterwards but I did and then a little bit more.

E9oHrcC (resized).jpegE9oHrcC (resized).jpeg
#13970 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Hitting the magnet is basically the expected behavior on "full plunge". and its quite useful. If your auto plunge does this a lot, turn the power down a little bit. It shouldn't STDM here. Make sure your playfield is level, maybe tweak your incline some. That bit doesn't have anything to do with your plunger.

as far as the rattling plunge that doesn't make it around. that happens to me some times. Makes me think this is why he put 3 relatively low-skill "skill shots" right there... so that you don't get too mad at him when it happens.

#13971 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hitting the magnet is basically the expected behavior on "full plunge". and its quite useful. If your auto plunge does this a lot, turn the power down a little bit. It shouldn't STDM here. Make sure your playfield is level, maybe tweak your incline some. That bit doesn't have anything to do with your plunger.
as far as the rattling plunge that doesn't make it around. that happens to me some times. Makes me think this is why he put 3 relatively low-skill "skill shots" right there... so that you don't get too mad at him when it happens.

I wouldn't mind it so much but there is a PRO on location near me that's flawless and the ball goes around the top left flipper every time the ball is launched nice and smooth. My game is level. Ill try and post a video later on tonight.

#13972 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

...there is a PRO on location near me that's flawless and the ball goes around the top left flipper every time the ball is launched nice and smooth.

If this is true (and I question that heavily), then know that this is not expected behavior, so don't try to replicate it at home. That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

If this is true (and I question that heavily), then know that this is not expected behavior, so don't try to replicate it at home. That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

I'm trying to get it " close enough" so as to not have a rattling ball coming out of the initial launch. Running out of ideas. I can deal with everything else. Last night I played and it auto launched the ball to the right and the ball got stuck under mechas arm.

I have all legs the lowest they can go right now. That seems to be the point the ball least has problems. Who knows.

#13974 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm trying to get it " close enough" so as to not have a rattling ball coming out of the initial launch. Running out of ideas. I can deal with everything else. Last night I played and it auto launched the ball to the right and the ball got stuck under mechas arm.
I have all legs the lowest they can go right now. That seems to be the point the ball least has problems. Who knows.

Do you have a cliffy protector in the shooter lane?

If not installed properly, the protector can change the angle at which the ball launches. (the protectors are pointed towards the left or the right of the shooter lane.)

#13975 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you have a cliffy protector in the shooter lane?

Negative, everything is stock right now except the external volume control I put in last week.

#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

That skill shot is supposed to be pretty difficult to hit and certainly not something that should happen regularly on full or auto-plunge.

Agreed, which is why i thought it was weird. Anyway Im not sure whats going on with mine.

#13977 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Negative, everything is stock right now except the external volume control I put in last week.

Can you post a pic of how the ball sits in the shooter lane and where the fork and plunger tip hit the ball?

#13978 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Getting stuck under mecha arm... Hits magnet on auto plunge. Both signs your auto plunge power is too high..you say you're running out of ideas but I've suggested that already. Did you try it? I used to get ball stuck there all the time until I turned plunge power down.

You should also check for left/right leveling with a level, and measure your playfield incline. I seriously doubt all leg levelers being at the same position is perfect for your playfield. It's possible, just unlikely. (Again recommended this already)

And did you have a chance to take a video or pics?

If you come here for help man at least try the suggestions and post the requested info!

#13979 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

[quoted image]

Mine had the cables shifted, does the triangle to the left on the apron light up?
They are connected in parallel with this.

#13980 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

On my machines I generally put the front levelers all the way in (or a thread or two out to allow some fine tuning), so they are as short as possible. I then put the rears at least midway out to almost all the way out, to make them taller. This usually gets me in the 6.8° to 7.2° range. I have Godzilla at 7.0° and my ball launches are very good, both manual and auto.

#13981 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You have all four leg leveler’s adjusted all the way down? If this ^^ is correct…… this might be your problem

#13982 1 year ago

Godzilla manual. #13

Screenshot_20220818-123813_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220818-123813_Drive (resized).jpg
#13983 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On my machines I generally put the front levelers all the way in (or a thread or two out to allow some fine tuning), so they are as short as possible. I then put the rears at least midway out to almost all the way out, to make them taller. This usually gets me in the 6.8° to 7.2° range. I have Godzilla at 7.0° and my ball launches are very good, both manual and auto.

My plan when my Pro shows up later today is, fronts all the way in (Shortest), and the rears about 2" out, bottom of leveler to bottom of leg. Maybe a tad more out. Worked well on IMDN. See how it goes on GZ

#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I can honestly say I do a lot less than that. Ill try to go higher in the back than I was before I put them all the way down, I always thought " too much" ruins the flow? Thats why I never did it. Im sure im wrong.

#13985 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I can honestly say I do a lot less than that. Ill try to go higher in the back than I was before I put them all the way down, I always thought " too much" ruins the flow? Thats why I never did it. Im sure im wrong.

It really depends on the game. The balls roll faster at a higher pitch but they don’t roll side-to-side as much, which CAN make a game easier. Godzilla, I’m not sure it matters as much (assuming you’re not getting a lot of middle drains), because there’s more on the playfield to bounce the ball around

#13986 1 year ago

Just to confirm, you are supposed to be able to stage flip the upper flipper correct?

#13987 1 year ago

Could someone please recommend Premium/LE bridge mod options?

Thanks.

#13988 1 year ago
Quoted from Apex:

Just to confirm, you are supposed to be able to stage flip the upper flipper correct?

yeah, you can see the leaf switch inside the cabinet and diagnose any issue with it. should be really easy to see what its doing once you push up the playfield and look at it.

#13991 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Hmmm, I love both of the Chrome Candy options....

They look fantastic. I recommend the other Chrome Candy GZ upgrades as well (Newton ball cover and rotating spinner cover).

IMG_2307 (resized).JPGIMG_2307 (resized).JPG
#13992 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

https://a.co/d/35iYGsJ
Buy a smart level. I use this one. Set all my games to 6.8 to 7°. GZ is the most finicky game I've ever seen on pitch and level. The slightest degree off effects the destruction loop shot. And playing at 6.5 or much above 7° really changes play negatively.

#13993 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Agreed, which is why i thought it was weird. Anyway Im not sure whats going on with mine.

So here's the deal...if you watch a slow mo of your launch, I bet 99.9% you are either coming off the launch ramp with a side bounce or you are hitting the metal ball glide on the playfield and causing a rattled launch.

Here are the fixes as mine had the same:

1. First make sure your game is level side to side and front to back. I've found 6.8-6.9 degrees measured at the flippers to be the sweet spot on my game. Yours may vary. Use a torpedo level with a digital readout preferably.

2. My Godzilla is the first playfield that came without side cabinet switch plates that double as playfield centering stabilizers. Without these in place, my playfield could move left or right about 3-4 millimeters once lowered. I ordered a set of left and right switch plates from Pinball life and they perfectly centered my playfield in the cabinet which also aligned the shooter lane to the auto an manual plunger.

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html

3. Check your manual plunger first. The plunger tip should sit on the ball dead center or as close to it when struck. If you are either left or right, you may need to realign or tighten your shooter rod slightly. You can use small washers to shim the rod one way or the other in extreme circumstances

4. Check the spring on the rod. The custom shooter rod was sent with a red spring, where the one on my game factory was a silver one with no color. Different tension springs will launch the ball differently and your spring may be hitting right on the metal divider. Either shorten your plunge to just miss the metal or increase the plunge to clear the metal. It is a skill shot and does require some finess. I've found using 3 fingers versus a hand grip gives better alignment control to strike the ball clean, providing a better rollout from the shooter lane.

5. Check your auto plunger gap. Your prongs may be too close together not allowing the ball to sit low enough in the shooter lane for a manual plunge resulting in less force of the plunger hitting the ball. Use needle nose pliars and insert between the autoplunger prongs to spread them slightly. You should be looking for a 1/4 to 1/2 inch max distance from the plunger tip and the ball when it's at rest. You also want to make sure the prongs are making contact with the ball throughout the balls launch. Use your fingers to move the autolauncher with a ball in the lane and observe if you are making direct contact with both sides of the ball through the launch...if not you may be one sided providing spin or side load on the ball causing the ball to have spin or english right out of the lane providing for a rattled launch. In this case, use the needle nose and bend on prong in the desired direction to make better contact

6. Check your tip. I use the factory Stern black rubber, make sure it is properly positioned and square on the plunger tip. I use Titan silicone everywhere in my new machines except the plunger tip. Rubber takes the abuse and provides the best launching power IMHO.

7. Consider turning down your autolauncher power from default to provide less force and short plunging the ball to miss the magna grab

It's going to be a long process but if you follow the above checklist methodically, there should be no reason you can't have a perfect shooter experience on your machine.

Hope this helps

#13994 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me WHERE I can find settings to reduce power for auto plunge, etc. I looked and can't find them in game settings or standard. Maybe I'm crazy?

#13995 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So here's the deal...if you watch a slow mo of your launch, I bet 99.9% you are either coming off the launch ramp with a side bounce or you are hitting the metal ball glide on the playfield and causing a rattled launch.
Here are the fixes as mine had the same:
1. First make sure your game is level side to side and front to back. I've found 6.8-6.9 degrees measured at the flippers to be the sweet spot on my game. Yours may vary. Use a torpedo level with a digital readout preferably.
2. My Godzilla is the first playfield that came without side cabinet switch plates that double as playfield centering stabilizers. Without these in place, my playfield could move left or right about 3-4 millimeters once lowered. I ordered a set of left and right switch plates from Pinball life and they perfectly centered my playfield in the cabinet which also aligned the shooter lane to the auto an manual plunger.
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html
3. Check your manual plunger first. The plunger tip should sit on the ball dead center or as close to it when struck. If you are either left or right, you may need to realign or tighten your shooter rod slightly. You can use small washers to shim the rod one way or the other in extreme circumstances
4. Check the spring on the rod. The custom shooter rod was sent with a red spring, where the one on my game factory was a silver one with no color. Different tension springs will launch the ball differently and your spring may be hitting right on the metal divider. Either shorten your plunge to just miss the metal or increase the plunge to clear the metal. It is a skill shot and does require some finess. I've found using 3 fingers versus a hand grip gives better alignment control to strike the ball clean, providing a better rollout from the shooter lane.
5. Check your auto plunger gap. Your prongs may be too close together not allowing the ball to sit low enough in the shooter lane for a manual plunge resulting in less force of the plunger hitting the ball. Use needle nose pliars and insert between the autoplunger prongs to spread them slightly. You should be looking for a 1/4 to 1/2 inch max distance from the plunger tip and the ball when it's at rest. You also want to make sure the prongs are making contact with the ball throughout the balls launch. Use your fingers to move the autolauncher with a ball in the lane and observe if you are making direct contact with both sides of the ball through the launch...if not you may be one sided providing spin or side load on the ball causing the ball to have spin or english right out of the lane providing for a rattled launch. In this case, use the needle nose and bend on prong in the desired direction to make better contact
6. Check your tip. I use the factory Stern black rubber, make sure it is properly positioned and square on the plunger tip. I use Titan silicone everywhere in my new machines except the plunger tip. Rubber takes the abuse and provides the best launching power IMHO.
7. Consider turning down your autolauncher power from default to provide less force and short plunging the ball to miss the magna grab
It's going to be a long process but if you follow the above checklist methodically, there should be no reason you can't have a perfect shooter experience on your machine.
Hope this helps

How and where do those switch plates install?
I have a Jurassic Park also so if you give me a general location I can see where they are on Jurassic Park for comparison

#13996 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Can anyone tell me WHERE I can find settings to reduce power for auto plunge, etc. I looked and can't find them in game settings or standard. Maybe I'm crazy?

I believe in feature adjustments

#13997 1 year ago

Ditto, I’d like to see a pic.

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

How and where do those switch plates install?
I have a Jurassic Park also so if you give me a general location I can see where they are on Jurassic Park for comparison

#13998 1 year ago

My machine is level all the way around. Ball plays fine. But I have had the wobbly plunge often as well. I've just gotten used to it. But since the discussion started again I decided to change things a bit.

Whenever I tap the plunger in, instead of pull it out and let go it always rolls fine. Anyone have similar results?

I will say that I am very happy with my premium. I have had a few minor issues but all these machines are complicated. So somethings bound to go wrong.

#13999 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

It's with the settings for all the other coils in game specific adjustments. Go backwards, it's closer to the end .

#14000 1 year ago

Premium should be here in time for Xmas, bloody backlogs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/280?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.