IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 544.
#1301 2 years ago

It's great, but dont sleep on the spinner on the pro. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I also scored a good bit higher on the pro for some reason, although no great scores yet. I havent broken 200M. Was a little tough jumping on and off machines at expo. This time tomorrow should have my LE though. I cant wait.

Quoted from fxdwg:

for those that are wondering, i think the mechzilla mech on the prem/le is so worth it. i love to rip that spinner and then see it rotate around to hit the targets to get mechzilla mb ready... love ripping all three spinners on this thing too.

#1302 2 years ago

I just picked up my LE yesterday from my distributor. The build date was October 28th, and my LE number is 867

Super fun game, so glad I made the LE cut on this, it is a beautiful game , and play is awesome.

#1303 2 years ago

Can anyone inform me on how many balls are in the machine? I assume its 6?

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Can anyone inform me on how many balls are in the machine? I assume its 6?

You are correct. 6 pinballs.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It's great, but dont sleep on the spinner on the pro. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I also scored a good bit higher on the pro for some reason, although no great scores yet. I havent broken 200M. Was a little tough jumping on and off machines at expo. This time tomorrow should have my LE though. I cant wait.

oh no, i agree. i have been playing a pro locally while waiting for my LE, and it was alot of fun as well.

#1306 2 years ago

also, like mentioned prior, my LE#950 also came with the european cord. not a big deal, i have a ton of PC power cords laying around.

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

for those that are wondering, i think the mechzilla mech on the prem/le is so worth it. i love to rip that spinner and then see it rotate around to hit the targets to get mechzilla mb ready... love ripping all three spinners on this thing too.

Good to hear this Troy,
I was debating between the models( played a Pro) and this has helped me decide to upgrade...just can't seem to locate a first run Premium.

#1308 2 years ago

Anyone who says the premium is not a huge upgrade is kidding themselves, this thing is LOADED with fun stuff. Locking balls and cool mechs is what pinball is all about IMO!

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I havent broken 200M. Was a little tough jumping on and off machines at expo. This time tomorrow should have my LE though. I cant wait.

C'mon man, I got 189M on my first ball...... #slacker

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Good to hear this Troy,
I was debating between the models( played a Pro) and this has helped me decide to upgrade...just can't seem to locate a first run Premium.

Some of us who committed in the first day or two for a Premium are not in the first run... still waiting for final confirmation on when I may see mine.

#1311 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Some of us who committed in the first day or two for a Premium are not in the first run... still waiting for final confirmation on when I may see mine.

Yeah same here. Once I found out the LE's were sold out with my distributor, I put my name down for the Premium immediately. Still no confirmation on if I was in the 1st or 2nd run yet.

#1312 2 years ago

It's on starting tomorrow. Happy LE eve

Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

C'mon man, I got 189M on my first ball...... #slacker

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Locking balls and cool mechs is what pinball is all about IMO!

This is what I will miss the most on the Premium is the physical ball lock. the other mechs I don't care for.
Whats super appealing to me on this game more than the theme is the flow. The shot layouts and the wire ramps going through the building are way more appealing then the mechs are, which atm seem to be tied to mb. Honestly, if I just didn't buy a Mando and a Ultraman CE I would probably splurge on the Premium. Saving the 2.2k is nice though.

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Good to hear this Troy,

I am not even making a joke about this for fear I will jinx my order on my 1st run premium.

#1315 2 years ago

I got to play the pro recently, and all I can say is, this game is Amazing!!

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

This is what I will miss the most on the Premium is the physical ball lock. the other mechs I don't care for.
Whats super appealing to me on this game more than the theme is the flow. The shot layouts and the wire ramps going through the building are way more appealing then the mechs are, which atm seem to be tied to mb. Honestly, if I just didn't buy a Mando and a Ultraman CE I would probably splurge on the Premium. Saving the 2.2k is nice though.

I will admit probably the coolest thing is actually the newton ball/magnet which is on both. Very creative.

#1317 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone who says the premium is not a huge upgrade is kidding themselves, this thing is LOADED with fun stuff. Locking balls and cool mechs is what pinball is all about IMO!

I don’t think anybody is arguing that it isn’t a big upgrade. I am debating on if it is a $2k+ upgrade.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I don’t think anybody is arguing that it isn’t a big upgrade. I am debating on if it is a $2k+ upgrade.

Yes, I didn't even hesitate. I hate the price hikes. I want upgrades, more upgrades!

#1320 2 years ago

For people who have been told they have a first run premium, when did you order? Just curious as I thought I got in early enough for the first run, but its looking more and more likely that I missed out.

#1321 2 years ago

I put myself on my distributor list way before the game was announced but as I understand it they had a long list of interested folks due to the rumors. But it looks like I am on the edge of first/second run.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

For people who have been told they have a first run premium, when did you order? Just curious as I thought I got in early enough for the first run, but its looking more and more likely that I missed out.

Your Distro should know if you are 1st run or 2nd run.

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

A lot of parallels to my debate when I purchased JP. I didn't see a Premium as being worth the $1,200 when the table first launched, so I went with the Pro. Now, I'm regretting the decision with the additional work and features Stern put into the T-Rex head. The additional interaction in the game, eating the ball, and throwing the ball are awesome. Do the T-Rex motions change the score or rules all that much? No, but they do make for a more memorable experience.

The Raptor gate on JP is another good example. It doesn't add a ton to the Premium, and the Pro certainly has a viable alternative. However, when you start Raptor Capture on a Pro, the ball exits to the Control Room shot and sits idle on a post while the unskippable gate animation plays on the display. It's the same process for the Premium holding the ball on the post in the Raptor pen, except the gate is actually rising out of the playfield.

For Godzilla Pro, when you start Godzilla MB, the ball just hangs out on the Newton magnet while the BOC music starts and a similar unskippable movie plays of Godzilla smashing the building. On the Premium, it's the same animation, except the building toy is collapsing and releasing the physical locked balls off the roof instead of the Pro dropping the one ball off the magnet and auto-launching two more balls into play.

Plus, we're looking at the interaction and how things exist in .80 level code. There might be more coming in later code updates, and the differences in ramp feeds for different building floors becoming a bigger influence. The Mechagodzilla seems to be the biggest impact as it looks to make the standup target shots safer to hit. The Pro is mostly an upper flipper shot where the Prem/LE targets are more accessible from the lower flippers.

At the end of the day, only you can answer how much the additional mechs add to the overall experience in the long run. Living through my JP Pro decision regret, the Premium upgrade is worth it for me. On top of that, Godzilla really doesn't seem like a game that is going to drop significantly in value if/when it's time to sell it, so most of the $2k will likely come back.

Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Your Distro should know if you are 1st run or 2nd run.

Not until distributors get official word/invoices on how many of the machines they ordered from Stern they're getting in the first run. For example, they could request an order of 30, and Stern might only fulfill and ship 8, 14, 22, or all 30 from the first run.

#1324 2 years ago

I got a new GC of 701M last night on my LE (With the glass ON) lol. How does that stack up?

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I got a new GC of 701M last night on my LE (With the glass ON) lol. How does that stack up?

Mine’s only 621M and I’ve had the game a couple weeks. My buddy has over a billion if that helps at all. Both settings are stock.
I managed to nail 10 consecutive upper loops in the event you need an ego check.
: )

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

A lot of parallels to my debate when I purchased JP. I didn't see a Premium as being worth the $1,200 when the table first launched, so I went with the Pro. Now, I'm regretting the decision with the additional work and features Stern put into the T-Rex head. The additional interaction in the game, eating the ball, and throwing the ball are awesome. Do the T-Rex motions change the score or rules all that much? No, but they do make for a more memorable experience.
The Raptor gate on JP is another good example. It doesn't add a ton to the Premium, and the Pro certainly has a viable alternative. However, when you start Raptor Capture on a Pro, the ball exits to the Control Room shot and sits idle on a post while the unskippable gate animation plays on the display. It's the same process for the Premium holding the ball on the post in the Raptor pen, except the gate is actually rising out of the playfield.
For Godzilla Pro, when you start Godzilla MB, the ball just hangs out on the Newton magnet while the BOC music starts and a similar unskippable movie plays of Godzilla smashing the building. On the Premium, it's the same animation, except the building toy is collapsing and releasing the physical locked balls off the roof instead of the Pro dropping the one ball off the magnet and auto-launching two more balls into play.
Plus, we're looking at the interaction and how things exist in .80 level code. There might be more coming in later code updates, and the differences in ramp feeds for different building floors becoming a bigger influence. The Mechagodzilla seems to be the biggest impact as it looks to make the standup target shots safer to hit. The Pro is mostly an upper flipper shot where the Prem/LE targets are more accessible from the lower flippers.
At the end of the day, only you can answer how much the additional mechs add to the overall experience in the long run. Living through my JP Pro decision regret, the Premium upgrade is worth it for me. On top of that, Godzilla really doesn't seem like a game that is going to drop significantly in value if/when it's time to sell it, so most of the $2k will likely come back.

Not until distributors get official word/invoices on how many of the machines they ordered from Stern they're getting in the first run. For example, they could request an order of 30, and Stern might only fulfill and ship 8, 14, 22, or all 30 from the first run.

Never heard that before, but I am game for anything in today's world.

#1327 2 years ago

The question of premium vs pro is moot if you need the game before next Summer. That’s right, if you haven’t ordered a premium and want to, you won’t be on either of the first two runs. That means your run should be around June. It sucks but in this case it is actually a win because if you buy the pro instead, you will get 95% of the fun and excitement.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I ordered the day of announce and I'm first on the list for mu local distro, but others before chose the LE model for earlier delivery.

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The question of premium vs pro is moot if you need the game before next Summer. That’s right, if you haven’t ordered a premium and want to, you won’t be on either of the first two runs. That means your run should be around June. It sucks but in this case it is actually a win because if you buy the pro instead, you will get 95% of the fun and excitement.

If you really want a Prem, you might be able to pick up a show model after a pin show IF you know who is going and contact them WELL BEFORE the show to buy it.

MGC is up next this weekend. See who's bringing new Godzilla Prems for the show and contact now. GO!

Pinside calendar is here to plot your early premium acquisition:
https://pinside.com/pinball/events

#1330 2 years ago

Does anyone have an idea of how far into the LE run they are? I'm getting an LE and haven't heard anything yet, so I was just curious.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Does anyone have an idea of how far into the LE run they are? I'm getting an LE and haven't heard anything yet, so I was just curious.

I am pretty sure all LEs are off the line and shipped out, mine was #910/1,000 delivered last week. I believe only Pros and Premiums are on the production line now.

#1332 2 years ago

Still waitin here in WA for our le, but was told they would ship by the 30th so seems to be right on time.

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No ... But none of these machines , or mods etc are worth what we are paying for them . We do it anyway and in this case it's the way to go IMO 3 pretty major gameplay features. I have a turtles LE but a good argument could be made the pro there is fine ... Not in this case IMO.

#1334 2 years ago

I’m still waiting on my LE to ship.

#1335 2 years ago

Has anyone solved the ball going SDTM on a loop shot that enters right of the magnet end exits the building ? Seemed this exit is aimed directly at the middle drain ? On a prem/Le if it matters.

#1336 2 years ago

I got word earlier this afternoon ( ) that mine showed up on the loading bay this morning along with quite few others. I should see it tomorrow, but won't be able to get it out of the box until Friday when a mover can lug it up a flight of stairs.

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

100% it is and once you’ve played both, you’ll understand why

#1338 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Has anyone solved the ball going SDTM on a loop shot that enters right of the magnet end exits the building ? Seemed this exit is aimed directly at the middle drain ? On a prem/Le if it matters.

I’ve got the same issue, might have to level the game so it tilts a little more to the right. Or be prepared to nudge the game so it doesn’t happen. I had an issue where the magnet was dropping the ball on the top of the flipper, leveling fixed that issue.

Quoted from Mando:

No ... But none of these machines , or mods etc are worth what we are paying for them . We do it anyway and in this case it's the way to go IMO 3 pretty major gameplay features. I have a turtles LE but a good argument could be made the pro there is fine ... Not in this case IMO.

I’m sure le and prem are great, but I love playing my pro. I think it’s the best pro they’ve made so far and I’ve pretty much owned them all. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade like I did for jp, but right now I’m pretty happy with what I have.

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Still waitin here in WA for our le, but was told they would ship by the 30th so seems to be right on time.

A friend of mine here in WA confirmed with the distributor that his LE has shipped.

#1340 2 years ago

On the premiums ans LEs I played it went to the end of the left flipper. They may not have been centered though.

Quoted from Mando:

#1341 2 years ago

Be nice if they updated the code so that the building moved during modes. That would sell me on a premium. Until then, I guess I'll stick with the Pro.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

A friend of mine here in WA confirmed with the distributor that his LE has shipped.

Sweet! Who did he order from?

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from VolitionFlipper:

LE #528 arrives tomorrow for me.... I know of three others already delivered, and two additional arriving tomorrow. They're on the way

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Our distributor is trying to get ours here before Christmas

Lucky for you guys. I was told we won't see anything till some time in January here in Aus!

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just waiting for the Premiums to be made and then shipping LEs and Premium together. Pro's land in a couple of weeks

That's some optimistically fast sea freight man. I don't imagine ours are at any disadvantage to that in shipping time either just quietly.

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

I am pretty sure all LEs are off the line and shipped out, mine was #910/1,000 delivered last week. I believe only Pros and Premiums are on the production line now.

I know it would make more sense if games got made and shipped out the door in sequence, but that's not the way it works.

I do think they are close to the end of the run though. A friend of mine is still waiting on his LE, and was told he might get it by the end of the week.

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Be nice if they updated the code so that the building moved during modes. That would sell me on a premium. Until then, I guess I'll stick with the Pro.

It would have to be during staged events where the ball is trapped or held though... Keith did say they are planning stuff in the new code that no one has ever seen right after talking about the mech and coding after the chip drivers needed to be re written..

I have faith in them... Just like in JP... One day the code made the TREX chomp the ball during multiball start... Subtle but kind of thing the Elwin team has done before

#1347 2 years ago

After about 50 full games (probably 100 “started” games), still freaking amazing. A couple of comments:

-plays way better at 6.9/7 degrees than 6.5.

-only cheap drains (in my humble opinion) are created by the pop bumper. Maybe some sort of ball save if the ball drains up to .25 seconds after a pop hit in the next code? I think R&M had similar feature with its sling pop

-I haven’t gotten all the way through it, but seems like there is a risk/reward system like GnR in that second column of monster fights called fight or flee. I got to it but of course drained as quickly as the pinball gods would allow (every time I’ve gotten there).

Top 5 (maybe top 1) game at .80 code. Can’t wait for the code to develop!

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I know it would make more sense if games got made and shipped out the door in sequence, but that's not the way it works.
I do think they are close to the end of the run though. A friend of mine is still waiting on his LE, and was told he might get it by the end of the week.

I’m waiting too, many are.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

On the premiums ans LEs I played it went to the end of the left flipper. They may not have been centered though.

It does this in a more slow shot but if I nail that shot perfect ar full speed it's down the middle faster than I can ever nudge lol . Reminds me a bit if that star wars shot.

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m waiting too, many are.

I am waiting as well. Looks like tomorrow or Wednesday for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,170 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/27?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.