IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 544.
#13901 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Installed my precision flip flippers today, with bushings. Wow, what a difference. Plus, they just look bad azz too
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just curious...I still get flipper fade despite trying just about everything. Do these help with that? Would be nice to be able to get the balls to the top of the playfield with a little oomph on them during multiball.

#13902 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just got my pro yesterday loving it so far. One thing I’ve noticed is that the flippers seem louder than the ones on my Deadpool. I don’t know if it’s echo or what but just seems to make more noise just flipping. A

Noisiest flippers in my collection is my IMDN pro by a mile, I can't help but notice how noisy they are. I've noticed it on other IMDNs too although when pointing it out to a friend he said it sounded normal to them.

#13903 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

It's not your imagination. The flipper mechs in Godzilla are fairly unique in that the orientiation of the mech is such that the plunger falls amost exactly downhill on release. This gives more flipper bounce on GZ than any other recent Stern title. I, too, noticed they're a bit louder and have a bit more rebound as a result.

Ok yeah they did seem a little more bouncy too. When the ball comes out of the scoop it hits the left flipper and that thing does bounce around a little more than the would have guessed. I did put in an order for the Precision flip system. But glad to hear in not crazy lol

#13904 1 year ago

The right wire form going to the right flipper, the ball "bounces" back when it hits the end then comes back and drops down. Like it hits the end of it and bounces back about an inch then slowly comes back and drops down. Unlike the left one which just drops right down no matter how fast the ball is going like every other game I have......smh. Any ideas?

#13905 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The right wire form going to the right flipper, the ball "bounces" back when it hits the end then comes back and drops down. Like it hits the end of it and bounces back about an inch then slowly comes back and drops down. Unlike the left one which just drops right down no matter how fast the ball is going like every other game I have......smh. Any ideas?

This happens to mine most of the time as well on the July 26th build date one I received almost 2 weeks ago.

#13906 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Now that home team is a thing, I don't think I'll ever really need the scanner..people coming over to my house to play aren't gonna give a shit about insider connected..
I wish there were more options for apron covers..I know wizardmods had one, but it still has those unnecessary triangles, and also I don't think every piece of artwork needs to be full of Kaiju...cabinet, back box, art blades, playfield... Don't need the same dudes again on apron...maybe some buildings. Or xiliens, I dunno.
Would just love a clean, full cover piece of art for the apron with something not completely redundant

1EBF34A1-2752-4A39-B28C-47605671453C (resized).jpeg1EBF34A1-2752-4A39-B28C-47605671453C (resized).jpeg50202931-24FA-4DA8-8460-2826DBB49F1C (resized).jpeg50202931-24FA-4DA8-8460-2826DBB49F1C (resized).jpeg7B6BB454-819D-4A75-AF6C-9308B2AC5C8D (resized).jpeg7B6BB454-819D-4A75-AF6C-9308B2AC5C8D (resized).jpegAFA920BD-DB01-4559-9C9F-4FE26594D086 (resized).jpegAFA920BD-DB01-4559-9C9F-4FE26594D086 (resized).jpeg
#13907 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Man... Mine didn't do this, and then I took that wireform off last night to put in some new rubbers, and now it does it! I'll let you know if I can figure it out. It's annoying for sure.

#13908 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Ok yeah they did seem a little more bouncy too. When the ball comes out of the scoop it hits the left flipper and that thing does bounce around a little more than the would have guessed. I did put in an order for the Precision flip system. But glad to hear in not crazy lol

For this you should turn down your scoop vuk power. Turn it down to the point where it will dead bounce off left flipper and rolls up right inlane far enough to hit the switch. I like think that's how the designer intended it

#13909 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Noisiest flippers in my collection is my IMDN pro by a mile, I can't help but notice how noisy they are. I've noticed it on other IMDNs too although when pointing it out to a friend he said it sounded normal to them.

Yup. The wife always complained about our IMDN flippers being "crazy loud". No other game, just that one.

#13910 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man... Mine didn't do this, and then I took that wireform off last night to put in some new rubbers, and now it does it! I'll let you know if I can figure it out. It's annoying for sure.

Yeah I don't get it. Ok let us know , it definitely takes the flow out of the game.

#13911 1 year ago

Got THE call yesterday. My Pro will be here tomorrow. Man I can't frickin wait. Been reading and adding to these threads for months, and picking up mods along the way. Finally the day is almost here

#13912 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Mine did this out of the box, a slight bend to the wire form at the very end of it should do the trick. By bending the wire form upwards just a little you give the ball downward momentum, instead of it bouncing square off the end of it.

#13913 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Mine did this out of the box, a slight bend to the wire form at the very end of it should do the trick. By bending the wire form upwards just a little you give the ball downward momentum, instead of it bouncing square off the end of it.

Which one did you bend? The top wire above the hole? How did you do it? I've never had to do this before and am afraid of breaking or snapping something.

#13914 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I often play long games and playing sessions and I have the Precision Flip flippers and bushings only on my Godzilla so far and jump back and forth between my other machines with no more adjustment to flipper feel than is normal between pins.
The Precision flip flippers and bushings do feel more solid and powerful, even though I have them turned down a little from factory setting to kind of replicate 'factory strength'.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to order some for my pins

#13915 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Which one did you bend? The top wire above the hole? How did you do it? I've never had to do this before and am afraid of breaking or snapping something.

The curved portion at the very end of the rail, you can bend the top one up a little the bottom one down a little. Basically increase the spread. I used a small vise grip and a large flat head screwdriver to give me some leverage and a good grip. I was fearful of doing some damage also but those wire forms are pretty robust. If you're comfortable removing the wire form altogether that would probably be a better option so as not to accidentally scratch the plastics.

#13916 1 year ago

So just following up with the bouncy flippers, I was installing my titans this morning and messed around with the flippers a little they do seem to move quite a big. Took a video not sure if this is normal for Godzilla or just mine.

#13917 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So just following up with the bouncy flippers, I was installing my titans this morning and messed around with the flippers a little they do seem to move quite a big. Took a video not sure if this is normal for Godzilla or just mine.

That's normal. The Precision Flip flippers and bushing will eliminate that. I've measured this on a dial indicator, btw. Stock setup is about 14 mils of movement; Precision flip is 1 mil.

#13918 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That's normal. The Precision Flip flippers and bushing will eliminate that. I've measured this on a dial indicator, btw. Stock setup is about 14 mils of movement; Precision flip is 1 mil.

14 mils??! that's 1.4cm. no way a flipper has that much looseness? lol, is looseness a word?

#13919 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

14 mils??! that's 1.4cm. no way a flipper has that much looseness? lol, is looseness a word?

talk to any machinist. mil = 0.001" That's the units on the dial indicator, below.

#13920 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

talk to any machinist. mil = 0.001" That's the units on the dial indicator, below.

ok, not like I know or will be talking to a machinist.

a mil in 99% of the world is a millimeter. 1/10 or a centimeter. But I understand your measuring now.

#13921 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

a mil in 99% of the world is a millimeter. 1/10 or a centimeter.

Not to be pedantic, but a mil has always been 1/1000 of an inch. Never, anywhere, was the term "mil" associated with the term "mm".

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/mil

#13922 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Not to be pedantic, but a mil has always been 1/1000 of an inch. Never, anywhere, was the term "mil" associated with the term "mm".

All the metric countries of the world would like a word with you.

It is a crossover term as it is definitely shorthand slang for millimetre.

#13923 1 year ago

Loving the look of those precision flippers. Are they relatively easy to install? I'm slowly modding my GZ but I'm super paranoid about breaking the stock pieces when replacing them.

#13924 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Loving the look of those precision flippers. Are they relatively easy to install? I'm slowly modding my GZ but I'm super paranoid about breaking the stock pieces when replacing them.

If you have a decent Allen wrench shouldn’t be hard at all. Seems like it’s the same process to adjust the angle of the current flippers if you have ever done that.

#13925 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

I provide a full set of instructions with photos to help with the installation. Hardest part is retightening the link arm clamp screw to make sure it's tight.

#13926 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Just curious...I still get flipper fade despite trying just about everything. Do these help with that? Would be nice to be able to get the balls to the top of the playfield with a little oomph on them during multiball.

Are you using flipper coil fans? Just to note: the fans will only help if you can make shots when the game is freshly turned on, but can't make the same shots after playing for usually 30+ minutes or longer.

I often play long games and sessions for several hours straight on a single game and the cooling fans eliminated all fade.

Here's a link to my DIY approach or you can purchase plug and play kits from a few Pinside shops:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

If you do already have cooling fans - something else is going on (have you changed coil stops?) or the fans aren't spinning.

#13927 1 year ago
Quoted from Gavino:

Easy install with detailed instructions and full size color pics. Once you get the first one done, the next two are super fast install.

#13929 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

In the US. "Mil" is definitely slang for mm (in the UK and Australia at least)

#13930 1 year ago

There’s two kinds of countries in the world. Those that use the metric system. And those that put a man on the moon.

#13931 1 year ago

Those that use the metric system, and those that crash Mars landers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

#13932 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

There’s two kinds of countries in the world. Those that use the metric system. And those that put a man on the moon.

Lol.

#13933 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

In the US. "Mil" is definitely slang for mm (in the UK and Australia at least)

And unfortunately since Americans(and Americans invented the internet, so by extension the internet) have the convention of "mil" being a thousandth of an inch, we have no convenient slang for a thousandth of a meter, gram, or liter. So we have to say millimeters. or milliliters. or milligrams. Words we use all the time, because mil is reserved for a unit of measurement no one outside of very specific professions ever use.

It's quite tragic. Those are awful words.

#13934 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Those that use the metric system, and those that crash Mars landers...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

Soviet Union / Russia win that honor!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_missions_to_Mars

#13935 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

And unfortunately since Americans(and Americans invented the internet, so by extension the internet) have the convention of "mil" being a thousandth of an inch, we have no convenient slang for a thousandth of a meter, gram, or liter. So we have to say millimeters. or milliliters. or milligrams. Words we use all the time, because mil is reserved for a unit of measurement no one outside of very specific professions ever use.
It's quite tragic. Those are awful words.

Cc is the abbreviation we’d commonly use in the us (for milliliters in medicine only). I’d think mil for any metric term would be really confusing because you have no idea what unit you’re talking about …

#13936 1 year ago

Geez, I come here for Godzilla pin stuff and find an argument about the use of "mil"...

Can we get back on track here?

#13937 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Geez, I come here for Godzilla pin stuff and find an argument about the use of "mil"...

Just thinking the same. I'm scheduled to join the club with a Pro on Friday. Coming by Fedex Freight. Wish me luck...

#13938 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Cc is the abbreviation we’d commonly use in the us (for milliliters in medicine only). I’d think mil for any metric term would be really confusing because you have no idea what unit you’re talking about …

Context matters - It's not like you'd be discussing some volume of water, and say "mil" and people would suddenly wonder if you were talking about a unit of length.

#13939 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

How many mils do you think the Godzilla machine is?

#13940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How many mils do you think the Godzilla machine is?

That's better. Carry on...

#13941 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just thinking the same. I'm scheduled to join the club with a Pro on Friday. Coming by Fedex Freight. Wish me luck...

Congrats Quy, mine will be here tomorrow

#13942 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Congrats Quy, mine will be here tomorrow

Nice! Let us know how it goes. Congrats to you too Scott!

#13943 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Nice! Let us know how it goes. Congrats to you too Scott!

Thanks! Hope it goes well too. Cannot wait

#13944 1 year ago

Can anyone give me the best settings for the sounds as far as music and voice attenuation. Also, how do you turn off the gif awful knocker. Thanks in advance.

#13945 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone give me the best settings for the sounds as far as music and voice attenuation. Also, how do you turn off the gif awful knocker. Thanks in advance.

Did you see the EQ settings key post? Not specifically the voice attenuation setting but helps loads

#13946 1 year ago

No, I have not. Can you point me in the right direction?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you see the EQ settings key post? Not specifically the voice attenuation setting but helps loads

#13947 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No, I have not. Can you point me in the right direction?

Sorry, I thought it was in this thread, but it’s actually here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/15#post-6942232

#13948 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

It happened to mine until I adjusted the wire in the screw. What seemed to be happening was the ball would hit the plastic and bounce. The wire was pulling against the screw. Eventually it pulled enough to stop the ball from dropping. I undid the screw and adjusted it. Hasn't been a problem since.

#13949 1 year ago

I have a question about an led (Building Spot 172 Flash lamp) (the spotlight looking one on the left side by the upper left flipper). Is it supposed to be at full brightness most of the time? because when I test it in test mode its barely lit up. It seems like it would brighten the top half of the playfield better if it was lit brighter. Just curious if it's supposed to be dim or if my bulb isn't functioning correctly.

#13950 1 year ago

Isn't this a post for a specific speaker set-up not for the standard speakers the game came with? Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/279?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.