Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 547.
#13851 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think we heard the same callout (I just misremembered it being about being barefoot vs. putting on shoes). I only heard it once and it was when I logged into him home team and hit start. So I don't know if it's insider or Godzilla, but didn't involved getting far in the game. I also don't understand the callout (though it caught my attention since I was shoeless at the time)

If you push a flipper button in attract mode it says it often. I don't know the relationship to the game either, and to me , it sounds like Sulu, from star trek

#13852 1 year ago

I heard it tonight it said put your shoes on.
Although I do think there might be a barefoot call out as well, but not sure.

#13853 1 year ago

I just got my game last Friday so it’s still pretty new to me.

35A4D0DA-1708-461D-A15F-FE2801993342 (resized).jpeg35A4D0DA-1708-461D-A15F-FE2801993342 (resized).jpeg
#13854 1 year ago

How do you go about adjusting the height of the building entrance? Sometimes my ball sits between the building and where it meets the pf, if that makes sense...

#13855 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

How do you go about adjusting the height of the building entrance? Sometimes my ball sits between the building and where it meets the pf, if that makes sense...

I noticed there’s a procedure for that in the manual.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#13856 1 year ago

What page did you notice that on?

#13857 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

#13858 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Dude, cmon

#13860 1 year ago

Is it just me or have others experienced a lot of balls jumping over the flippers or over the inlane plastics. I don't mind the air balls that end up in the shooter Lane but just feel cheated when they hop the flippers. Seems to happen at least once every 20 or 30 games. It's not just the chaos during multiple that does it as I've seen it happen from an odd bounce off the slings during single ball play. I've been playing pinball for 35 years and can count on two hands the number of times that's happened on other machines, I've lost count on Godzilla.

#13861 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Is it just me or have others experienced a lot of balls jumping over the flippers or over the inlane plastics. I don't mind the air balls that end up in the shooter Lane but just feel cheated when they hop the flippers. Seems to happen at least once every 20 or 30 games. It's not just the chaos during multiple that does it as I've seen it happen from an odd bounce off the slings during single ball play. I've been playing pinball for 35 years and can count on two hands the number of times that's happened on other machines, I've lost count on Godzilla.

This hasn't happened on my game in 600 plays. FWIW.

#13862 1 year ago

I haven't had a single ball hop the flippers

#13863 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Check your pitch on the game, sounds a bit too steep causing this.

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This hasn't happened on my game in 600 plays. FWIW.

So maybe it is just me.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I haven't had a single ball hop the flippers

And I haven't had a single friend drop his nut sack on the action button.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Check you pitch on the game, sounds a bit too steep causing this.

I will check this, it's pretty steep right now but was doing this when the pitch was lower also.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So maybe it is just me.

I will check this, it's pretty steep right now but was doing this when the pitch was lower also.

I've had a ball here and there hop the flippers as well and mine's not that steep at all, 6.7 or so

#13866 1 year ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I just got my game last Friday so it’s still pretty new to me.[quoted image]

Congrats on owning the hands down best pin of our time as of now!

#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

You need better friends and more alchohol.you should see this guy destroy the TIE fighters on Star Wars.

#13868 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So maybe it is just me.

Only time I've had one jump the flippers was with super bands, on a really steep game. They are a bit more bouncy

#13869 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I've had a ball here and there hop the flippers as well and mine's not that steep at all, 6.7 or so

So maybe not just me.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

You need better friends and more alchohol.you should see this guy destroy the TIE fighters on Star Wars.

LMFAO

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only time I've had one jump the flippers was with super bands, on a really steep game. They are a bit more bouncy

This hadn't occurred to me, I am using Titan replacement rubbers. I replaced them early on so no other gameplay too compare them.

#13870 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So maybe not just me.

LMFAO

This hadn't occurred to me, I am using Titan replacement rubbers. I replaced them early on so no other gameplay too compare them.

The same thing is messing with my head....I havent replaced it on my GZ yet, but on IMDN recently put on perfect-play and went from 1 airball every 100-200 games or so with stock rubbers, to multiple jumps per game now. I've used them before but first time its happened. Maybe they need to be stretched out a bit *shrug. Its annoying for sure

#13871 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

in about 800 games i've had a few times the ball jump over to an outlane. I'm putting in precision flip flippers and perfectplay rubbers on today, will be interesting to see if that changes it at all, but i suppose i might not know for a while!

#13872 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I bought flipper decals with rockets on them (just stickers) - and when the ball is on the tip of the last rocket for the left flipper, I shoot and make it 85% of the time. Before that I had trouble all the time, but those decals randomly had the right placement for a shot alignment on them.

I shoot for the Z in "GODZILLA" on the playfield.

#13873 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The same thing is messing with my head....I havent replaced it on my GZ yet, but on IMDN recently put on perfect-play and went from 1 airball every 100-200 games or so with stock rubbers, to multiple jumps per game now. I've used them before but first time its happened. Maybe they need to be stretched out a bit *shrug. Its annoying for sure

I replaced all my rubbers on Mando with Titans and the game immediately got a lot bouncier. I had been playing that one for a couple months before the swap so the difference was definitely noticeable. Does Titan make a low bounce rubber or is that just for flippers?

Quoted from Sorokyl:

but i suppose i might not know for a while!

Might not know for a while? I've seen your machine, I'm guessing that's because you spend more time modding it than playing it.
I get it, I'm one of you brother.

#13874 1 year ago

Okay I hadn't thought of that, I have standard rubber flippers but I did replace the slings and other rubbers in the game with Titans. Also curious what people have their slings set at as that may affect it as well especially with Titans. Default is 24 mine are set at 22. Also this is not a common occurrence it happens very infrequently.

#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Okay I hadn't thought of that, I have standard rubber flippers but I did replace the slings and other rubbers in the game with Titans. Also curious what people have their slings set at as that may affect it as well especially with Titans. Default is 24 mine are set at 22. Also this is not a common occurrence it happens very infrequently.

Mine have been on the default all along, just turned them down to 22 and we'll see if that makes a noticeable difference. I've been hesitant to turn them down cuz I like the gameplay (except for the air balls).

#13876 1 year ago

The slingshots do feel incredibly aggressive in this. Do folks turn em down?

#13877 1 year ago

I have all stock rubbers and no issues with airballs or jumping.

#13878 1 year ago

Stock post sleeves are tapered to prevent airballs. Not sure if Titans are as well.

#13879 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

Stock post sleeves are tapered to prevent airballs. Not sure if Titans are as well.

Titan sells a tapered post sleeve specifically for stern machines

#13880 1 year ago

Joined the club, the game is a home run for sure. I have a pair of mirror blades that I want to install but I think I lost the screws. Can anyone point me in the direction of replacement screws?

#13881 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Joined the club, the game is a home run for sure. I have a pair of mirror blades that I want to install but I think I lost the screws. Can anyone point me in the direction of replacement screws?

Home Depot or similar store
Find the smallest wood screw with a flat head that does not pull thru hole in blades.
Have at it Johnny!

#13882 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I used 3/8 #4 wood screws for mine, they were perfect. Dunno if that's how they ID screws in the states.

#13883 1 year ago

Finally got my game. July 21 build date, just made its way to Alaska. Ordered sept 22 so almost 11 month's wait.

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Double back tape is how I've done in the past

#13885 1 year ago

Installed my precision flip flippers today, with bushings. Wow, what a difference. Plus, they just look bad azz too

20220816_144312 (resized).jpg20220816_144312 (resized).jpg20220816_144319 (resized).jpg20220816_144319 (resized).jpg20220816_144953 (resized).jpg20220816_144953 (resized).jpg20220816_145002 (resized).jpg20220816_145002 (resized).jpg
#13886 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Installed my precision flip flippers today, with bushings. Wow, what a difference. Plus, they just look bad azz too
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look amazing but one concern I have on these precision flippers:. I'm afraid they'll make the shots too precise or "easy" then when I go play some tournament pin with factory rubber and flippers, my game will really be off from false confidence / muscle memory. Kind of when I first tried superbands, shots are way too easy with those and give an unrealistic expectation in location play with factory rubber and loose flippers...

Decisions decisions... I think I'm gonna try then on my GnR for sure though, since that isn't really a popular tourney pin

#13887 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Those look amazing but one concern I have on these precision flippers:. I'm afraid they'll make the shots too precise or "easy" then when I go play some tournament pin with factory rubber and flippers, my game will really be off from false confidence / muscle memory. Kind of when I first tried superbands, shots are way too easy with those and give an unrealistic expectation in location play with factory rubber and loose flippers...
Decisions decisions... I think I'm gonna try then on my GnR for sure though, since that isn't really a popular tourney pin

Easy choice for me. I dont play in tournaments, cuz there are none within 150 miles of me. They do work amazing tho, I'll bet it will really wake up gnr

#13888 1 year ago

#13889 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait, wait, wait! How did I miss this? What is the mod in the QR code scanner slot? I want one!

GZ (resized).jpegGZ (resized).jpeg
#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Wait, wait, wait! How did I miss this? What is the mod in the QR code scanner slot? I want one![quoted image]

I just cut an image to fit, and taped it under that ugly scanner. I put a piece of blue plastic sheeting as a filter. Did on rush as well

#13891 1 year ago

Now that home team is a thing, I don't think I'll ever really need the scanner..people coming over to my house to play aren't gonna give a shit about insider connected..

I wish there were more options for apron covers..I know wizardmods had one, but it still has those unnecessary triangles, and also I don't think every piece of artwork needs to be full of Kaiju...cabinet, back box, art blades, playfield... Don't need the same dudes again on apron...maybe some buildings. Or xiliens, I dunno.

Would just love a clean, full cover piece of art for the apron with something not completely redundant

#13892 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

There are already a millions things you need to adjust for in a tournament. This is just another one. I plan to have these in at least one tournament game at Pincinnati. Interested to see feedback from tournament players.

#13893 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Man I feel like an idiot as it seems from vids folks just easily make it, but I can't consistently get the scoop shop from the left flipper. Letting it get super close to the tip and it usually will just go right to the mecha spinners or it just hits the UFO area and bounces right back. It seems like such a hard shot for me yet everyone makes it look so easy, I suck soooo bad

You'll get it. If everything was easy you'd get bored very fast. Enjoy the struggle.

#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are already a millions things you need to adjust for in a tournament. This is just another one. I plan to have these in at least one tournament game at Pincinnati. Interested to see feedback from tournament players.

So am I. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say about them.

#13895 1 year ago

I've been battling a tough tech issue on this game for a long time now.

Pop bumper isn't working. Coil works in coil test.
Switch doesn't work. Stern shipped out a new switch, it worked for a few games and I booted it back up today and it's back to not functioning. Connectors have been checked and soldering job looks fine.

#13896 1 year ago

#13897 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I've been battling a tough tech issue on this game for a long time now.
Pop bumper isn't working. Coil works in coil test.
Switch doesn't work. Stern shipped out a new switch, it worked for a few games and I booted it back up today and it's back to not functioning. Connectors have been checked and soldering job looks fine.

Does the spoon switch register in the switch test?

#13898 1 year ago

I just got my pro yesterday loving it so far. One thing I’ve noticed is that the flippers seem louder than the ones on my Deadpool. I don’t know if it’s echo or what but just seems to make more noise just flipping. A

#13899 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just got my pro yesterday loving it so far. One thing I’ve noticed is that the flippers seem louder than the ones on my Deadpool. I don’t know if it’s echo or what but just seems to make more noise just flipping. A

It's not your imagination. The flipper mechs in Godzilla are fairly unique in that the orientiation of the mech is such that the plunger falls amost exactly downhill on release. This gives more flipper bounce on GZ than any other recent Stern title. I, too, noticed they're a bit louder and have a bit more rebound as a result.

#13900 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I often play long games and playing sessions and I have the Precision Flip flippers and bushings only on my Godzilla so far and jump back and forth between my other machines with no more adjustment to flipper feel than is normal between pins.

The Precision flip flippers and bushings do feel more solid and powerful, even though I have them turned down a little from factory setting to kind of replicate 'factory strength'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/278?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.