IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 544.
#13751 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After a bad ball, " so embarrassing " call out reminds me how average I am

I feel your pain

#13752 1 year ago

I think my favorite so far is "This just in - skill shots" or "Today's forecast - jackpots".

It's something along those lines.

#13753 1 year ago

"Our electronic computers indicate you have an achievement. Good for you!"

#13754 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Most of you will not get this but for the few who do...
[quoted image]

Oh god. The GG Allin story is the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life. No way do I want him on my pinball machine! Godzilla would squash him

#13755 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Most of you will not get this but for the few who do...
[quoted image]

One throws fire...the other throws his poop at fans...

#13756 1 year ago

It's interesting to watch all the Showa era movies after having played the pin. Someone clearly spent a lot of time extracting the perfect moments. Even super obscure music cues from some of the weaker films have been put to good use in the game.

#13757 1 year ago

I've noticed lately that many of my skill shots behind the upper flipper aren't registering, which really sucks when I'm up to a 5x or 6x multiplier. Anyone else have this issue?

#13758 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That guys voice though......smh. Takes me out of the game. " hit the ramps...." ugh.

Glad I'm not the only one that hates that voice. So very out of place. Hope there is an update in the future to either change it entirely or give the option for a different voice.

#13759 1 year ago

Look who’s coming home! Is there any better ride than the pick up?

FF765841-7657-4FC9-A807-170EF7F1A6FD (resized).jpegFF765841-7657-4FC9-A807-170EF7F1A6FD (resized).jpeg
#13760 1 year ago

Been having lot of issues with ball drains not registering, game just gets stuck. Seems a wire for some LEDs or such in the apron were left dangling in the drain trough and balls were being stopped from going in.

#13761 1 year ago

We continue to have issues with the building recognizing that a hall has been launched on top of the building. I have removed, inspected and reattached all of the options but continue to have about 20% of the balls not register. Here is a video of what often happens.

Stern and the distributor that I purchased from have not been much help. Any recommendation on how to fix this? Right now the game is no fun to play!

#13762 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That guys voice though......smh. Takes me out of the game. " hit the ramps...." ugh.

i can see that but I think its humor and my family always laughs.

#13763 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

If someone walked up to your game and started shaking the crap out of it, you wouldn't be thinking its doing the game any good.

If you own an Elwin pin and do not shake the shit out of it every time you play it, you need to develop some anger management issues like the rest of us.

#13764 1 year ago

I saw almost earlier with instructions and pics on how to remove the stock Godzilla in a premium and replace with a neca figure. Anyone better at searching than I am?

#13765 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i can see that but I think its humor and my family always laughs.

Yeah it has its moments sometimes but mostly gets on my nerves. I want the main announcer though to follow me around and narrate my life.

#13766 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I saw almost earlier with instructions and pics on how to remove the stock Godzilla in a premium and replace with a neca figure. Anyone better at searching than I am?

Post #972 has photos and everything.

#13767 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We continue to have issues with the building recognizing that a hall has been launched on top of the building. I have removed, inspected and reattached all of the options but continue to have about 20% of the balls not register. Here is a video of what often happens.

Stern and the distributor that I purchased from have not been much help. Any recommendation on how to fix this? Right now the game is no fun to play!

See my post from a few days ago...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/271#post-7070500

The building VUK exit opto had broken a lead on the sensing LED and it stopped working and registering balls going to the top of the building.

Ordered a replacement from Pinball Life, received and installed yesterday and I'm back in action!

#13768 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Sounds exactly like my issue with the building opto. It did not always register fast balls, it got worse quickly and stopped registering at all in game. In switch test i was able to register the opto mostly bit also got worse... i tried taping it like sigested here, didnt help.
I changed the receiver with a new one and everything was fine, catching every ball no matter how fast it is.

Have the same issue with the building opto not registering fast balls on my brand new Premium. Where did you get the new receiver? Is there a part-number for it?

#13769 1 year ago

Dang I thought it was going to take me a long time to hit the 1 billion mark, but I had an amazing game last night and cracked 1.25 billion. Next goal, complete more than 2 monster fights This game has so many goals!

#13770 1 year ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Have the same issue with the building opto not registering fast balls on my brand new Premium. Where did you get the new receiver? Is there a part-number for it?

See my post above for where I got replacement (Pinball Life) and follow the link to my earlier post that shows the part number...

#13771 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Glad I'm not the only one that hates that voice. So very out of place. Hope there is an update in the future to either change it entirely or give the option for a different voice.

Same, 100%. I thought, what’s that voice doing there? Breaks the theme too much.

Wade

#13772 1 year ago

I think I solved my issue with the building not registering the ball. I don’t really understand why switch 18 (the vuk) falsely triggering was the cause but I hit the transmitter and receiver diode leads with some heat with a soldering iron and now it seems to be working!

I just heated up the through holes and added a little solder. This is what it looked like before reworking it. Of course I did this after ordering replacement optos and not before!

ADEF85D7-88BA-44A1-8E69-CB1297903B49 (resized).jpegADEF85D7-88BA-44A1-8E69-CB1297903B49 (resized).jpeg
#13773 1 year ago

My Godzilla has landed after an 11 month wait. I have the machine setup evenly with a pitch of 6.5 / 6.6. Can anyone provide some advise on any of the below?

1) When hitting the right ramp at a slow ball speed the ball is getting stuck in the building. Even with a good knock you can't roll it out of there
2) I found the right ramp shot from the upper left flipper unobtainable until I corrected the pitch (6.7). This is still a difficult shot to make. How often can you make that shot? Is this more about me not making an ideal shot, flipper strength degrading with heat?
3) I have a Stern shaker motor installed. It vibrates the hell out of the translite as there is a few mm up the top for it to move. I was looking at cutting some carboard or other material to fill the gap.
4) Let me see how I go explaining this one without a picture. Can you make this one shot from the left tank shot behind the upper left flipper to the right orbit (minilla/destruction jackpot) and loop around? Mine always falls short of making it through the orbit. I'm wondering if I'm a bad shot or the machine pitch/level is out.

Thanks

IMG_2449 (resized).jpgIMG_2449 (resized).jpg
#13774 1 year ago

I don't think I've ever gotten the right ramp with an upper flipper shot. Didn't even think it was a shot, to be honest.

#13775 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

I don't think I've ever gotten the right ramp with an upper flipper shot. Didn't even think it was a shot, to be honest.

It happens by luck, but sdtm 95% , so I don't try anymore

#13776 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The speakers suck almost any speaker you can find to replace them will be better and super easy to do. There's a diy sound improvement thread with some good info and reviews. I added 5 1/4" kicker 2way in the head with an adapter plate and a jbl 8" in the cab. I also have a powered 10" sub underneath and this thing shakes my whole house and sounds very clear. There's also a built in 10 band eq you can find in the service menu to fine tune everything.

I looked back through the forum and noticed that people were saying that the premium needs to be set to 4 ohm for the speakers that come in that version. I switched from the default 8 ohms to 4 and it sounds MUCH better. I didn't try changing it earlier because I figured the default would be correct. Stupid me.

#13777 1 year ago

Hey All.
Having issues with building alignment.
*building decal was catching on clear plastic in front of building.
*Tightened nuts on mech under playfield, which solved the rubbing of decal, but raised building so entrance has a lip.
*tried to adjust the building by hand.. stupid, made it worse.
*found out about BIAS in options- it’s now at 300 (should be around 150) but it works.

Would like to get it back to 150.. but I reckon it involves the switches either top or bottom and messing about by hand with the drive shaft.

Have tried several times to position the building a bit below the playfield, and then lowering to back to 150. (Lower the BIAS the building goes UP)

But when testing the building goes back to the lip, and I have to adjust to 300 again.

The building goes up, hits the top switch then stops, goes down, and then back up.. do I need to bend switch arm on top, to activate quicker and then the building will stop shorter.

Hope this makes sense

#13778 1 year ago
Quoted from FullTiltPinball:

My Godzilla has landed after an 11 month wait. I have the machine setup evenly with a pitch of 6.5 / 6.6. Can anyone provide some advise on any of the below?
1) When hitting the right ramp at a slow ball speed the ball is getting stuck in the building. Even with a good knock you can't roll it out of there
2) I found the right ramp shot from the upper left flipper unobtainable until I corrected the pitch (6.7). This is still a difficult shot to make. How often can you make that shot? Is this more about me not making an ideal shot, flipper strength degrading with heat?
3) I have a Stern shaker motor installed. It vibrates the hell out of the translite as there is a few mm up the top for it to move. I was looking at cutting some carboard or other material to fill the gap.
4) Let me see how I go explaining this one without a picture. Can you make this one shot from the left tank shot behind the upper left flipper to the right orbit (minilla/destruction jackpot) and loop around? Mine always falls short of making it through the orbit. I'm wondering if I'm a bad shot or the machine pitch/level is out.
Thanks
[quoted image]

The way the ball is sitting stuck there points to an issue with possibly the alignment of the metal guide. The edge of the guide should meet with the wall preventing the ball to rest on the inside. Here's how that metal piece should look like. Can try loosening the wall screws to see if there's wiggle room to shift that over, else needs to be adjusted maybe disassembled

PXL_20220814_232626318 (resized).jpgPXL_20220814_232626318 (resized).jpg

#13779 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I think I solved my issue with the building not registering the ball. I don’t really understand why switch 18 (the vuk) falsely triggering was the cause but I hit the transmitter and receiver diode leads with some heat with a soldering iron and now it seems to be working!
I just heated up the through holes and added a little solder. This is what it looked like before reworking it. Of course I did this after ordering replacement optos and not before!
[quoted image]

Just a FYI: Some tablets (and maybe phones too), quite often the front facing camera does not have an IR filter, meaning the Tx infrared LED will show up as a bright light. Easy test to try to isolate the issue between the Tx or the Rx opto. Example below.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13780 1 year ago

My Godzilla has landed after an 11 month wait. I have the machine setup evenly with a pitch of 6.5 / 6.6. Can anyone provide some advise on any of the below?...[quoted image]

Did you set your pitch side-to-side?

#13781 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Same, 100%. I thought, what’s that voice doing there? Breaks the theme too much.
Wade

The 2 American voices in the game are literally the only 2 Americans in the series. Reporter Raymond Burr and astronaut Nick Adams. Not sure how that takes you out of the theme other than you don’t know the theme lol.

#13782 1 year ago
Quoted from bocce:

The 2 American voices in the game are literally the only 2 Americans in the series. Reporter Raymond Burr and astronaut Nick Adams. Not sure how that takes you out of the theme other than you don’t know the theme lol.

It sounds out of place. Maybe it’s a voice from Godzilla (?) but I don’t recognize it just like 99% of the other people out there. Not counting those who researched gz after ordering the game. Even if it’s “correct” I find it super annoying.

Wade

#13783 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

Nice! Yeah I tried soldering mine, but the lead had actually broken off flush with the sensing LED and I couldn't get any solder to stick to it.

#13784 1 year ago

Aright my lock isn’t working correctly, just picked this game up and I can’t get the ball to lock on the tower. This is a premium version and went I went into settings it says check switch 64 VUK opto. Any help on how to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

#13785 1 year ago

Thanks
[quoted image]

My thoughts:
1) Check that your game is level left to right. From your picture it looks like the game could be leaning right to left. Worth checking.

2) Right ramp wasn’t designed to be made from upper flipper.

3) reduce shaker intensity or use something to prevent the rattle.

4) A shot going behind the upper flipper and into the orbit isn’t likely to make it around.

#13786 1 year ago

Nevermind it’s working now. I disconnected some connectors under the playfield and reseated them and now everything is working.

#13787 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Did you set your pitch side-to-side?

Sure did.

#13788 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

This lock I don’t believe has ever been hit. This game only has about 100 plays on it.. I check the connector by the opto and nothing. If I unplug the VUK opt it fires the coil. Something is wrong here.. When the green arrows lights the building lock nothing happens it just spits the ball out to the left.
[quoted image]

You say the building lock is ready for GZ MB but it just shoots it out to the side of the building? meaning the building is not moving down to the second floor? If the floor is not moving, then wouldnt be a VUK issue, but a building motor possibly.

#13789 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

You say the building lock is ready for GZ MB but it just shoots it out to the side of the building? meaning the building is not moving down to the second floor? If the floor is not moving, then wouldnt be a VUK issue, but a building motor possibly.

Fixed.. problem thanks!

#13790 1 year ago

I've noticed lately that many of my skill shots behind the upper flipper aren't registering, which really sucks when I'm up to a 5x or 6x multiplier. Anyone else have this issue?

I thought the same thing about my machine so I took the glass off and tested the switch to find it works properly. There is a space between the flipper and wire that activates the switch. If you don't hit the wire near the top of the loop, it won't register. I think it's just the way the Playfield is laid out.

#13791 1 year ago

Thanks
[quoted image]

I took a better shot from the top side. where the metal guide ends prevents the ball from resting up against the inside of the front wall like in your photo. Can you take a photo of the way that area looks without the ball?

2022-08-14 20.46.13 (resized).jpg2022-08-14 20.46.13 (resized).jpg
#13792 1 year ago

I found the best way for me to hit the right ramp consistently: aim for the magnet / captive ball.

#13793 1 year ago

My Godzilla is getting power but won’t turn on. The speaker lights power on, but nothing else. Any idea?

5CE9AE54-970A-499F-8A82-0E968CAB84DD (resized).jpeg5CE9AE54-970A-499F-8A82-0E968CAB84DD (resized).jpeg

1276223B-DBD7-4966-B482-569182964735 (resized).jpeg1276223B-DBD7-4966-B482-569182964735 (resized).jpeg

B25AABB1-6114-4A6C-BF9A-A7ADCBD87180 (resized).jpegB25AABB1-6114-4A6C-BF9A-A7ADCBD87180 (resized).jpeg
#13794 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

My Godzilla is getting power but won’t turn on. The speaker lights power on, but nothing else. Any idea?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sometimes if an installed mod is working but the game isn't working, it's worth checking to see if uninstalling the mod makes a difference. That might help determine if there's something about the mod installation that's causing an issue.

#13795 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sometimes if an installed mod is working but the game isn't working, it's worth checking to see if uninstalling the mod makes a difference. That might help determine if there's something about the mod installation that's causing an issue.

I fixed it. Turned the machine off, unplugged, removed battery and put back in. Booted up right away after that.

#13796 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

For starters, you have a couple of power LED's not lit. From the Spike 2 System manual:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Looks like VA and VNB (that's the one that might be causing the PF issue). VA is the 30V for the audio amp. Did you wait long enough before taking this photo? I know VA is delayed some, not sure about VNB.

#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

For starters, you have a couple of power LED's not lit. From the Spike 2 System manual:
[quoted image]
Looks like VA and VNB (that's the one that might be causing the PF issue). VA is the 30V for the audio amp. Did you wait long enough before taking this photo? I know VA is delayed some, not sure about VNB.

Oops - just noticed you fixed it.

#13798 1 year ago

Try it out. It's an awesome shot to get while you combo ramps.

#13799 1 year ago

Thanks
[quoted image]

Quoted from Sleal16:

I took a better shot from the top side. where the metal guide ends prevents the ball from resting up against the inside of the front wall like in your photo. Can you take a photo of the way that area looks without the ball?
[quoted image]

Thanks for that. That makes a lot more sense with that picture. I will check it out.

#13800 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My thoughts:
1) Check that your game is level left to right. From your picture it looks like the game could be leaning right to left. Worth checking.
2) Right ramp wasn’t designed to be made from upper flipper.
3) reduce shaker intensity or use something to prevent the rattle.
4) A shot going behind the upper flipper and into the orbit isn’t likely to make it around.

1) I'm going to get a digital level so hopefully that increases my accuracy.
2) What! I just had a game and made that shot. Its a cool shot. How couldn't they think about that in the design.
3) How do you reduce it? I scrolled through a few of the menus and couldn't find a setting for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/276?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.