IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 544.
#13701 1 year ago

Precision flip in green w/light blue Titan silicone.

IMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2293 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPGIMG_2296 (resized).JPG
#13702 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Precision flip in green w/light blue Titan silicone. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks fantastic!

#13703 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Precision flip in green w/light blue Titan silicone. [quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered silver and had green bats in the cart and chickened out, deleted the green. Looks like I'll have 2 shipping bills now. That really looks good!!!

#13704 1 year ago

n/m, wrong thread lol.

#13705 1 year ago

On my way to Stockholm for a week. Any fellow GZ fanatics want to meet up for a friendly game?

#13706 1 year ago

My new game is having problems with Switch 28 on the left spinner. Doesn't activate, even when I press down on the contact. I'm thinking it is a bad microswitch. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can access it from under the playfield. Do I have to disassemble the whole platform above it on the left to get to it? Thought I'd ask before I blow a day doing it...Thanks!

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Think I just found my next mod purchase. That looks really really good. Fits the artwork perfectly!

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhayven44:

My new game is having problems with Switch 28 on the left spinner. Doesn't activate, even when I press down on the contact. I'm thinking it is a bad microswitch. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can access it from under the playfield. Do I have to disassemble the whole platform above it on the left to get to it? Thought I'd ask before I blow a day doing it...Thanks!

Open circuit under playfield would be more likely than a bad switch. Did you check the connectivity underneath?

Also looks like that switch is attached to the gate which is attached to the ball guide with 2 screws? Could get it out without disassembling anything it so. But I'd definitely check loose connections first.

#13709 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhayven44:

Have you taken a ohm meter and checked the switch? Do you hear or feel a click when you depress the button?

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Have you taken a ohm meter and checked the switch? Do you hear or feel a click when you depress the button?

No ohm meter yet, but it clicks when I press it.

#13711 1 year ago

When the ball comes down behind the saucer it usually hits the top of the right sling. Is that normal or do I have it too steep?

#13712 1 year ago

Men of fate,
Just making it official. Joined the club last week. Born on July 25th. Zero problems out of box. Lucky.

My average scores are around 50 million. A little pathetic but I love this game.

Great forum!!!!

Josh L

16604053002204476122655813585743 (resized).jpg16604053002204476122655813585743 (resized).jpg
#13713 1 year ago

Now where is that overpriced topper at?!?!

#13714 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Open circuit under playfield would be more likely than a bad switch. Did you check the connectivity underneath?
Also looks like that switch is attached to the gate which is attached to the ball guide with 2 screws? Could get it out without disassembling anything it so. But I'd definitely check loose connections first.

Pulled it up and traced the wires, doesn't appear to be any loose connections.

#13715 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhayven44:

Pulled it up and traced the wires, doesn't appear to be any loose connections.

I'd probably pull the connector at the node board just to get the node board out of the picture. Then use the ohm meter, starting at the switch and work towards the node board connector (might be easier said than done).

Does the spinner switch have an inline connector? Or is it hardwired, with the wires going directly to the node board connector?

You mentioned the switch clicked, my first guess would be the switch is OK.

#13716 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'd probably pull the connector at the node board just to get the node board out of the picture. Then use the ohm meter, starting at the switch and work towards the node board connector (might be easier said than done).
Does the spinner switch have an inline connector? Or is it hardwired, with the wires going directly to the node board connector?

Inline connector, which is easy to get to. Let me disconnect that and use the ohm meter on the end attached to the switch.

#13717 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhayven44:

Inline connector, which is easy to get to. Let me disconnect that and use the ohm meter on the end attached to the switch.

Great, makes it easy to test! Might want to eyeball the connector pins to make sure they are seated well (i.e. didn't get pushed out some).

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from Rhayven44:

while you're at it, short the connector to the node board, and make sure it registers during a switch test

#13719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

When the ball comes down behind the saucer it usually hits the top of the right sling. Is that normal or do I have it too steep?

if I hit the right spinner (usually when trying to hit the scoop, I'm that bad) the ball goes down the tail whip path, and gently bounces over to the left flipper somehow which is very convenient, Can get it back under control 90% of the time.

#13720 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if these ball rails look normal? Kind of looks like the finish is coming off. Game is a month and a half old and this is how they looked day 1. If this is just a cosmetic issue then I wouldn’t care because you can’t really see them when playing.

F8CFFFEC-85B0-41A5-BA5C-B496994A52E0 (resized).jpegF8CFFFEC-85B0-41A5-BA5C-B496994A52E0 (resized).jpeg
#13721 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

Can anyone tell me if these ball rails look normal? Kind of looks like the finish is coming off. Game is a month and a half old and this is how they looked day 1. If this is just a cosmetic issue then I wouldn’t care because you can’t really see them when playing.
[quoted image]

I am not a metallurgist, but it looks like white rust(oxidation) Does it wipe off?

#13722 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am not a metallurgist, but it looks like white rust(oxidation) Does it wipe off?

It doesn’t wipe off.

#13723 1 year ago

Finally got around to lighting the Funko Zilla I put in my pro. Took apart a blue fire comet led for the breath, ran it off the red GI so it lights when f' stuff up. Put an ice blue spot on him off the main gi, so it's usually one light or the other...the cartoony Funko may not be everyone's speed but I really dig the way it came out.

#13724 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

if I hit the right spinner (usually when trying to hit the scoop, I'm that bad) the ball goes down the tail whip path, and gently bounces over to the left flipper somehow which is very convenient, Can get it back under control 90% of the time.

Same here

#13725 1 year ago

For an average player like me its been mentioned before but put it at 6.8 I had mine at 7.4 and couldnt get past 500 million .I broke down and got a digital level also mentioned in earlier posts,My scores nearly doubled.Its a different game.Get a digital level.

#13726 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a set:

ebay.com link: itm

#13727 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

[quoted image]

Just a completely WAG question, but I should probably toss it out there...it's not a protective plastic film that Stern forgot to remove, is it?

#13728 1 year ago

My premium has been doing strange things lately. Sometimes a second ball will fire shortly after starting a ball for no apparent reason, and sometimes it goes dark and the flippers stop responding for no reason, like it does when you fail the oxygen destroyer. It's fine again once the ball drains.

I'm guessing my shaker motor shook something loose, but the plugs on the ball trough seem OK. Anyone run into this and know where to start looking?

#13729 1 year ago

I don't know if this was a Godzilla or insider connected callout, but today after logging into home team and hitting start the game said, "Barefoot again?"

I was in fact barefoot.

Anyone else ever hear this callout?

#13730 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I don't know if this was a Godzilla or insider connected callout, but today after logging into home team and hitting start the game said, "Barefoot again?"
I was in fact barefoot.
Anyone else ever hear this callout?

I've heard" put your shoes on", but not barefoot again

#13731 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh, that must have been it instead (I couldn't recall exactly, just that it was about not wearing shoes).

Pretty odd callout. Is it Godzilla-specific?

#13732 1 year ago

I hear it in attract mode

#13733 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

My premium has been doing strange things lately. Sometimes a second ball will fire shortly after starting a ball for no apparent reason, and sometimes it goes dark and the flippers stop responding for no reason, like it does when you fail the oxygen destroyer. It's fine again once the ball drains.
I'm guessing my shaker motor shook something loose, but the plugs on the ball trough seem OK. Anyone run into this and know where to start looking?

Shaker motors indirectly cause a lot of issues. I stopped using them some time ago. Think about it. If someone walked up to your game and started shaking the crap out of it, you wouldn't be thinking its doing the game any good.

#13734 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Shaker motors indirectly cause a lot of issues. I stopped using them some time ago. Think about it. If someone walked up to your game and started shaking the crap out of it, you wouldn't be thinking its doing the game any good.

Plus the gimmick wears off in no time. I dont feel anything exciting or memorable that is created by the shaker. Dont know how I feel about them. I likw rhe idea but practically speaking they seem… impractical

#13735 1 year ago

Shaker motor is the #1 Stern mod period

#13736 1 year ago

I've never had a single issue after installing a shaker. First thing I do on every single purchase, have always used brand specific .

#13737 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

Sounds like an issue with the trough, the trough is seeing all six balls when your first ball is still in play and kicking out a second and then it is registering again and thinking you are now on the next ball.

I had this same issue on Monster Bash a while ago. In my case I just needed to clean the optos.

You should be able to see what’s going on with a switch test.

#13738 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've never had a single issue after installing a shaker. First thing I do on every single purchase, have always used brand specific .

Ditto^^

#13739 1 year ago
Quoted from fkane:

Yep recently ran into this same issue on my Beatles. As mentioned, go into switch test so you can see if they are registering correctly. Reseat the connectors on the through boards, and also the connector leading to the node board (that's what it would up being on mine.).

#13740 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

while you're at it, short the connector to the node board, and make sure it registers during a switch test

This is what ended up solving it for me. I started shorting the board I was looking at in the center of the playfield and it kept registering the wrong switches. Then I realized, I was looking at the wrong board and the one I needed was up at the top with the playfield up. I grabbed a stool, got to that board, and lo and behold, a connector was loose. Reseated it and the switch works now!

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

#13741 1 year ago

Most of you will not get this but for the few who do...

297333002_3181241835447165_5608774918391773322_n (resized).jpg297333002_3181241835447165_5608774918391773322_n (resized).jpg
#13742 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Most of you will not get this but for the few who do...
[quoted image]

The toughest rock star in the world!

#13743 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good Golly Miss Molly is still my favorite of all time. Still not sure what triggers it but I usually hear that when I'm in Multiball.

#13744 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Good Golly Miss Molly is still my favorite of all time. Still not sure what triggers it but I usually hear that when I'm in Multiball.

"we're gonna super jackpot around the clock" is mine. So good.

#13746 1 year ago

so embarassing

#13747 1 year ago

After a bad ball, " so embarrassing " call out reminds me how average I am

#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After a bad ball, " so embarrassing " call out reminds me how average I am

I never get that one its always player 2

#13749 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I never get that one its always player 2

Uh huh , suuuuuure

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

so embarassing

That guys voice though......smh. Takes me out of the game. " hit the ramps...." ugh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/275?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.