PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 548.
#13551 1 year ago

#13552 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Let's end this debate now. Here is a short, unfiltered vid of SpeakerLightKits.com flaming lights. Can someone post a video of cointaker and myth installed on their game? I have no stake in this, have never talked to the owner, just a customer. Let us decide in a head to head comparison which looks better.

He just agreed to take it to the other thread. Let him please.

#13553 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

He just agreed to take it to the other thread. Let him please.

Done

#13554 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the building shot tighter on the premium? I don’t have a ton of time on one, but played in a tournament Sunday, and I would get rejects to the building a lot if my shot wasn’t perfect.

My premium has changed over time. I think it has to do with playfield level, and building level / height.

Quoted from awesome1:

Darn it! Was on first ball last night, start of a good game and the building lost track of the third locked ball, so GZ multiball didn't start and instead went into ball search. Couldn't lock any balls anymore and after ball went to top of building, the game would go into ball search.
Tracked it down to the building VUK exit opto (#64). No light on receiver. If I disconnect and reconnect, the light blinks for a second and goes out.
Removed the opto and the LED receiver just fell off the board. The leads snapped at the led - I tried to solder, but not enough leads left to do anything with.
Had to order a new one. Looks like I'm down for a bit. May have to see if one of my other Sterns has the same opto if it's not here by the weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you can disable the building in the game-specific adjustments, which I assume will basically make it behave like a pro wrt the building. play around with it if you don't want to wait.

#13555 1 year ago

Supposed to get my machine next Tuesday. It was delivered to Tacoma last Friday and should be on the barge heading to Alaska tomorrow.

#13556 1 year ago

First NIB where I can’t get the glass off without force . I did loosen the side rails but it was the same . Anybody have this problem.
(All other NIB never a problem slid right out)

#13557 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

First NIB where I can’t get the glass off without force . I did loosen the side rails but it was the same . Anybody have this problem.
(All other NIB never a problem slid right out)

Pretty much everybody ( did a key post ever get marked?). The plastic guides inside the rails are pinched very tight. You can leave it, or use a hair dryer to SLIGHTLY warm them so they can be opened up a touch. There’s a post in this thread with some basic instructions.

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty much everybody ( did a key post ever get marked?). The plastic guides inside the rails are pinched very tight. You can leave it, or use a hair dryer to SLIGHTLY warm them so they can be opened up a touch. There’s a post in this thread with some basic instructions.

Ok thanks , I’ll try to find it

#13559 1 year ago

I think Stern is doing everything they can to get machines out the door and quality control is suffering more than usual.

#13560 1 year ago

I just unboxed a GZ and noticed the Godzilla magnet doesn't appear to be working correctly (or at all). I went into the settings and did a magnet test and I *think* it's working. The test just seems to be a quick pulse, enough to tell it's energized but not long enough to hold a ball...is that a good test?

But during game play, I've never caught a ball once. The pitch is a little on the high at about 7 degrees, stock balls. Just loaded the newest code (0.98). Magnet Draw Time Slow is 250, Fast is 173 (both default), and the Godzilla magnet is enabled. Visually verified the magnet wires/connectors are OK (including at the node board).

I searched the thread and saw some others having issues but can't say I've seen anything that points me in the right direction.

#13561 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't played a Pro, but my Premium will reject the building shot if not nearly perfect.
Here's an example...

Luckily on my pro not an issue.

#13562 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think Stern is doing everything they can to get machines out the door and quality control is suffering more than usual.

Says the guy who has an extra hole drilled in his playfield.

#13563 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't played a Pro, but my Premium will reject the building shot if not nearly perfect.
Here's an example...

Yes. It's like it should be I think. The building is designed to make the shot tighter or wider depending on the status of the building. It's easier if lock is open. This building and the usage of different ways to give back the ball is so cool over all. It's not just an eye catcher feature, it's a gameplay feature.

#13564 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I just unboxed a GZ and noticed the Godzilla magnet doesn't appear to be working correctly (or at all). I went into the settings and did a magnet test and I *think* it's working. The test just seems to be a quick pulse, enough to tell it's energized but not long enough to hold a ball...is that a good test?
But during game play, I've never caught a ball once. The pitch is a little on the high at about 7 degrees, stock balls. Just loaded the newest code (0.98). Magnet Draw Time Slow is 250, Fast is 173 (both default), and the Godzilla magnet is enabled. Visually verified the magnet wires/connectors are OK (including at the node board).
I searched the thread and saw some others having issues but can't say I've seen anything that points me in the right direction.

Mine works fine I just received my game last Monday. I just throw away the pinballs stern gives or JJP and replace with new ones. I use Polaris Carbon balls from Ball Baron if a game has magnets. If not then I use Ninja.

#13565 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Mine works fine I just received my game last Monday. I just throw away the pinballs stern gives or JJP and replace with new ones. I use Polaris Carbon balls from Ball Baron if a game has magnets. If not then I use Ninja.

I actually have some Polaris balls (ordered 55 of them not long ago). Figured I'd test drive the pin first before swapping.

#13566 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I actually have some Polaris balls (ordered 55 of them not long ago). Figured I'd test drive the pin first before swapping.

Dude...that's awesome!! Well if that doesn't work then we can troubleshoot.

#13567 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Dude...that's awesome!! Well if that doesn't work then we can troubleshoot.

Well, it should work w/the Stern balls - so they're in there for now. I figured if I emailed Stern, I didn't want to muddy the water with anything other than stock.

I got to the point of keeping track of what pin had what balls in it, and when they were replaced last - I just ordered 55 and replaced then all. Once and done. But the rural mail gal probably hates me, that box was heavy! LOL

#13568 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Well, it should work w/the Stern balls - so they're in there for now. I figured if I emailed Stern, I didn't want to muddy the water with anything other than stock.
I got to the point of keeping track of what pin had what balls in it, and when they were replaced last - I just ordered 55 and replaced then all. Once and done. But the rural mail gal probably hates me, that box was heavy! LOL

Maybe take off the glass and test it out with throwing the ball into it. A few hits should be kinetic with the trapped ball behind it and some should catch once activated.

#13569 1 year ago

So I was playing GZ today and my scoop stopped registering about 90% of the balls. It would have to go through a ball search almost every time. It's weird because it would register about 1/10 balls. Any ideas?

#13570 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So I was playing GZ today and my scoop stopped registering about 90% of the balls. It would have to go through a ball search almost every time. It's weird because it would register about 1/10 balls. Any ideas?

Adjust the switch that is in the scoop. It probably came loose in its bracket or has a broken wire that is just randomly touching sometimes.

#13571 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the switch that is in the scoop. It probably came loose in its bracket or has a broken wire that is just randomly touching sometimes.

What does the switch look like? Do I access it by lifting the playfield?

Sorry, I’m kinda new.

#13572 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Maybe take off the glass and test it out with throwing the ball into it. A few hits should be kinetic with the trapped ball behind it and some should catch once activated.

I've tried to active it prior, but I will give that a try. Being new, I'm not sure what actually activates it. Hasn't caught a ball in maybe a dozen games.

I did find this:

Magna-Grab & Imposter Battle:
Completing all 3 Powerline stand-up targets lights the right inlane. Passing through a lit right inlane will light the Magna-Grab to score points and capture the ball. Release a ball from the Magna-Grab by pressing both flippers at the right time; every loop shot following a Magna-Grab will be doubled.

Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of Imposter Battle awards will be scored in the following order:

15M + Light Ally
20M + +1% Annihilation Bonus
30M + +1x Destruction Jackpot
250M (!)

#13573 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

What does the switch look like? Do I access it by lifting the playfield?
Sorry, I’m kinda new.

Should look like this. Yes. Get to it from under the playfield.

1A5F4D77-F1AA-4F97-92EA-F7A09C1C8D8F (resized).jpeg1A5F4D77-F1AA-4F97-92EA-F7A09C1C8D8F (resized).jpeg
#13574 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should look like this. Yes. Get to it from under the playfield. [quoted image]

Thanks a bunch! This is my 5th pin and the first that I’ve had many out-of-the-box problems with.

#13575 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Thanks a bunch! This is my 5th pin and the first that I’ve had many out-of-the-box problems with.

Depending on the part of town you're in and if you need an assist, lmk.

#13576 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I've tried to active it prior, but I will give that a try. Being new, I'm not sure what actually activates it. Hasn't caught a ball in maybe a dozen games.
I did find this:
Magna-Grab & Imposter Battle:
Completing all 3 Powerline stand-up targets lights the right inlane. Passing through a lit right inlane will light the Magna-Grab to score points and capture the ball. Release a ball from the Magna-Grab by pressing both flippers at the right time; every loop shot following a Magna-Grab will be doubled.
Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of Imposter Battle awards will be scored in the following order:
15M + Light Ally
250M (!)

So adding to my original post, I hit the switches mentioned above manually - no luck.

I did go back into the coil test settings to take a closer look...the Godzilla magnet test can pull a ball towards the post from about an inch away. But it appears the test is a quick pulse.

#13577 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

So adding to original post, I hit the switches manually - no luck.
I did go back into the coil test settings to take a closer look...the Godzilla magnet test can pull a ball towards the post from about an inch away. But it appears the test is a quick pulse.

Just seeing this.

First off, are you confident on how the magnet is supposed to behave during game play? It will only pulse at certain times when the ball goes through the building.

It won’t grab and hold unless it’s the start of MB, a destruction JP or lit for mag grab.

#13578 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just seeing this.
First off, are you confident on how the magnet is supposed to behave during game play? It will only pulse at certain times when the ball goes through the building.
It won’t grab and hold unless it’s the start of MB, a destruction JP or lit for mag grab.

Being a new owner, not really. But at the local pinball arcade, it seemed to happen enough just from just shooting, despite not knowing the shots.

But the pin at home is zippo, zero magnetic grabs...

No doubt it could be us not knowing the rules, but I would think it would have happened by now just by dumb luck.

#13579 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Being a new owner, not really. But at the local pinball arcade, it seemed to happen enough just from just shooting, despite not knowing the shots.
But the pin at home is zippo, zero magnetic grabs...
No doubt it could be us not knowing the rules, but I would think it would have happened by now just by dumb luck.

Edit: Went thru and tested all the switches (good). Decided to shoot a ball...I saw it grab the ball!

So I think it's working now! Just kinda odd tho it took this long...

#13580 1 year ago

#13581 1 year ago

I know, I agree! You guys have been having a blast the past year shooting this pin, while I could only read the thread.

So I played a few more games, no ball grab. Hmmm... I may hit up Wizards World (just down the road from me) and shoot their GZ Prem tomorrow and see how they compare. I did read they calmed the magnet usage down on an earlier code release. Last time I played the pin at Wizards World, the mag grab was fairly often.

#13582 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Clear Pop Bumper bodies are back in stock.
For GZ; it's my understanding you'd need a single body, base, and skirt in clear.
Goto:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/PopBumperCFG?modern
select "Modern" as a pop type
select "Clear" as the color
leave number of pops as 1
and deselect the PopCap (14) as most people won't need a clear popcap.
Then click "Add Selected Items to Cart" button under the parts list.
[quoted image]
Note: I do not sell the GZ specific popcap nor do I sell the flying saucer mod some people seem to have. For those; I'm sure they've been discussed ad-nauseum in this thread.

Ordered. Thanks!

#13583 1 year ago

Need some help or other ideas. I have one stand up target near the building that keeps bending slightly back causing airballs. First I bent the target and it was ok for a few games but repeated hits and it's back to producing airballs. I also bought the little 3d printed anti-airball target wedge. I put one on and then a second. That helps but it seems to keep getting bent back.

It is very stubborn. Would this help any? https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Maybe denser foam in the back of the target?

#13584 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Need some help or other ideas. I have one stand up target near the building that keeps bending slightly back causing airballs. First I bent the target and it was ok for a few games but repeated hits and it's back to producing airballs. I also bought the little 3d printed anti-airball target wedge. I put one on and then a second. That helps but it seems to keep getting bent back.
It is very stubborn. Would this help any? https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
Maybe denser foam in the back of the target?

Yeah. But airballs are just gonna happen back there. Not sure they can be completely eliminated.

#13585 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can get one of the Tesla Strikes towers? One of mine broke.

#13586 1 year ago

My premium will be on site at 1pm tomorrow! My first machine ever

#13587 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Anyone know where I can get one of the Tesla Strikes towers? One of mine broke.

tdiddy

#13588 1 year ago
#13589 1 year ago

I sure hope one is added!

Quoted from awesome1:

Pretty sure they will also be adding a stand-alone challenge mini game.

#13590 1 year ago

mbwalker sprinkle some Tenacity On it!
Amazing how it works

#13591 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

mbwalker sprinkle some Tenacity On it!
Amazing how it works

I don't want to wait 2 weeks for results (and maybe a 2nd application)!!

#13592 1 year ago

I'm confused and need help with the thing about "pressing both flippers for left inlane" (or however it is phrased) during the magna grab.

Per rules on Tilt Forum:

"Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of Imposter Battle awards will be scored in the following order:

15M + Light Ally
250M (!)"

I struggle to see how it's physically possible for the ball to move so far left on it's own that it goes through the left spinner? Am I understanding correctly, that the game is saying if I press both flippers, somehow the ball could magically fall through that left spinner, from where the magnet was holding onto the ball?

How? What am I missing...

#13593 1 year ago

Just joined the club today. Having an issue with the building gate not releasing the balls for multiball. Just wondering if this post is supposed to be longer to push the gate up?

198DD45D-DE97-4676-8D69-52A1DC822217 (resized).jpeg198DD45D-DE97-4676-8D69-52A1DC822217 (resized).jpeg
#13594 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm confused and need help with the thing about "pressing both flippers for left inlane" (or however it is phrased) during the magna grab.
Per rules on Tilt Forum:
"Alternatively, time the release of the ball so that it enters the left spinner, and one of a series of Imposter Battle awards will be scored in the following order:
15M + Light Ally
250M (!)"
I struggle to see how it's physically possible for the ball to move so far left on it's own that it goes through the left spinner? Am I understanding correctly, that the game is saying if I press both flippers, somehow the ball could magically fall through that left spinner, from where the magnet was holding onto the ball?

Push the flippers when the ball is swinging on the magnet

#13595 1 year ago

Per rules on Tilt Forum:
15M + Light Ally
250M (!)"

For me ,it's a one out of 50 to hit,

#13596 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Push the flippers when the ball is swinging on the magnet

I get the concept of hitting both flippers. But is the ball supposed to be swinging on the magnet? It just sits there for me on it.

#13597 1 year ago

Per rules on Tilt Forum:
15M + Light Ally
250M (!)"

When the magnet grabs the ball, the ball sways left to right. If you can time it correctly when the ball swings to the left, then the momentum could swing the ball past that upper flipper and into the left spinner. I have not been able to do that yet, but have come close. It seems like there is a delay as to when pressing both flippers will release the ball (on my machine, at least). That delay is what makes it hard for me to time because the optimal time is when the ball has it's greatest swing to the left, which is at the beginning of the magnagrab.

#13598 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

When the magnet grabs the ball, the ball sways left to right. If you can time it correctly when the ball swings to the left, then the momentum could swing the ball past that upper flipper and into the left spinner. I have not been able to do that yet, but have come close. It seems like there is a delay as to when pressing both flippers will release the ball (on my machine, at least). That delay is what makes it hard for me to time because the optimal time is when the ball has it's greatest swing to the left, which is at the beginning of the magnagrab.

Learn something new everyday on here. I didn't even know that was a thing! That's awesome!

#13599 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Learn something new everyday on here. I didn't even know that was a thing! That's awesome!

Called "the imposter" shot

#13600 1 year ago

I get the concept of hitting both flippers. But is the ball supposed to be swinging on the magnet? It just sits there for me on it.

When Magna-grab is lit shoot the left spinner to get maximum swing. On mine I try to release at the 4-5 o'clock position.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/272?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.