PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 548.
#13501 1 year ago

I've seen a lot of posts of people who have done @zitt's/pinball-mods.com clear pop bumper w/ @sleal16's UFO.

I loved the clear pop idea, but already had Gov's "flying" UFO which I preferred because of the light-up tractor beam. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod)

Very pleased with the combined effect. Thanks Zitt & @gov!

IMG_4568 (resized).jpegIMG_4568 (resized).jpeg
#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

New Stern Mod
[quoted image]

Nice! Usually that’s a mod installed by a tech using a screw that’s too long!

Wade

#13503 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Nice! Usually that’s a mod installed by a tech using a screw that’s too long!
Wade

They should install it to their forehead.

#13504 1 year ago

Wtf! Do tell. New game?

blockquote cite="#7069671">New Stern Mod
[quoted image]

#13505 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

people that have ordered or are looking to order from me, I'm sorry they are taking as long as they do to make. I can't really argue that, but what I can do is ask for proof of them looking the same or as good when the same people keep bashing me over and over again and claiming you can't tell the difference between the two when the difference is obvious

Doug,

I have no complaint with your product. It's really good and I like it. But whatever superiority you claim, it's not substantial enough, nor worth the wait to me.

In post # 1945 of the GZ mod thread, you admit you can make more money making the other products faster, so basically wait and don't bother me if your'e a flame customer. Why not improve to make customers happy rather than make an excuse?

Your own words said: "I see no reason for this one new product to drag down the delivery times on all of my other items that don't take nearly the time to make."

This is a clear admission of your concern for customers. So is it a surprise that we keep seeing posts from those tired of waiting? You could do better.

Your website also states that your plastic buildings block the light. I just took your word on that. The below quote is from your own website:

"One last note that was pointed out to me by a friend that was using these with the Flamin' Frames light kit. Using these Lower Panel Designs does cut down on the flame effect that you get from the kit. I would suspect that is because the entire lower light strip (where the "flames" originate from) is covered. I don't think that is a big deal or incredibly noticeable but, it is there."

Again Doug, I have no issue with your product. It is good. And I would've bought from you if you didn't come across like the soup nazi requiring customers adapt to you rather than the other way around.

Instead of getting defensive, just improve your service to show you value your customers. You already have a quality product.

And if you need to prove your kit's superiority, go buy a Myth kit yourself. That's not the issue here, and I have nothing to prove.

#13506 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Curious, what are peoples thoughts on the flipper coil fans for this game? Needed, not needed? Experiences before/after?
I’m starting to get to the point of having regular 20-30 minute game times and I believe I’m seeing some flipper fade (hitting the right ramp is increasing difficult unless the ball has some decent momentum or if I’m cradling/shooting) but I’m not entirely sure if the mod is warranted since the shot can still be made.

I play long games and sessions - sometimes 2-3+ hours consecutively. I add flipper coil cooling fans to all of my machines and in my opinion they help.

You can purchase plug and play kits or with a little work go the DIY route.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

#13507 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Curious, what are peoples thoughts on the flipper coil fans for this game? Needed, not needed? Experiences before/after?
I’m starting to get to the point of having regular 20-30 minute game times and I believe I’m seeing some flipper fade (hitting the right ramp is increasing difficult unless the ball has some decent momentum or if I’m cradling/shooting) but I’m not entirely sure if the mod is warranted since the shot can still be made.

I add the pin monk fans to all my games now. They’re not expensive, easy to add (if you’ve never had them before, don’t worry they come with great instructions), you can remove them and move them to your next game and imo they make the biggest difference in game play of any mod if you play for any amount of time.

#13508 1 year ago

Finally in the club. It has been a long wait but one worth it.

IMG_6419 (resized).JPGIMG_6419 (resized).JPG
#13509 1 year ago
Quoted from Hallucinate:

Over the weekend I picked up a digital level and confirmed that my GZ Pro is level left to right and 6.5 degrees front to back. Unfortunately, I still get SDTM drains when I hit the center spinner. In fact, I just played a quick game and it happened twice. Both shots were really nice, strong shots that ripped the spinner and neither touched the touched the upper flipper on the way down. One moment you've got Ebirah in hot water and the next moment - drain. I guess I can deflect the ball with the upper flipper when it comes out of the loop or else just make softball shots to the center spinner. This doesn't happen when I make a gentle shot - only when I crush the spinner.
Any other thoughts or adjustments that I could make to prevent this?

Have you checked the ball guide rail behind the building? I had to bend mine backwards because on my machine a hard loop shot to did the same as you describe. Now its working much better.

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

But whatever superiority you claim, it's not substantial enough, nor worth the wait to me.

Well, I claim I sell the superior looking flaming Speaker Light Kit for SPIKE 2 games. I really doubt any of us care if it is worth the wait to you.

No one is complaining about the wait time for one of my light kits more than the guy that hasn't even ordered one.

Quoted from RTS:

take 6 months to receive the kit

Quoted from RTS:

been waiting for months

Quoted from RTS:

for his slow turnaround

Quoted from RTS:

4-5 month delays

Quoted from RTS:

The biggest difference (other than the delay)

Quoted from RTS:

ridiculous wait.

Quoted from RTS:

Doug for his shitty wait time

It's the same guy that keeps making the false claims that the two light kits look exactly the same whenever anyone mentions liking the look of my flaming light kit better.

Quoted from RTS:

Indistinguishable

Quoted from RTS:

look the exact same when installed.

Quoted from RTS:

It's the same.

Quoted from RTS:

You wouldn't be able to distinguish one from the other.

..yet he knows that isn't true, so he won't post a video proving his claim.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#13511 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well, I claim I sell the superior looking flaming Speaker Light Kit for SPIKE 2 games. I really doubt any of us care if it is worth the wait to you.

I'm hesitant to speak up here. I come to this thread for GZ info, and I appreciate everyone that posts on that topic. I think I speak for at least a couple of us when I say, might you consider taking this dispute to an appropriate thread?

And one tiny bit of insight from a customer of yours: it's not a good look to publicly bash potential customers online, excessively so. I'm honestly hesitant to place another order, for fear that should an issue arise, I'll get the same treatment or you'll have the same defensive attitude for solving any problems. It's pinball. An enjoyable hobby. Last thing I want is more drama and grief.

If you product is good, it will speak for itself. The more someone feels a need to denigrate a competing product and customers, the more likely I am to avoid them all together. Maybe I'm alone in this. Under promise, over deliver. Peace.

#13512 1 year ago

I came for GODZILLA and got a face full of speaker lights I dont even want!

#13513 1 year ago

I'm just a lurker who was enjoying this thread... Somebody pm me when the stink is gone.

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm just a lurker who was enjoying this thread... Somebody pm me when the stink is gone.

3AFA06E1-DE0A-40B2-AC4C-AD5673EAA84B.gif3AFA06E1-DE0A-40B2-AC4C-AD5673EAA84B.gif
#13515 1 year ago

Well, I appreciate Doug continuing to make those flamin’ kits after publicly acknowledging that they have a low margin and (as I can personally attest) these type of kits are a pain to build. If a buyer wants their kit sooner than 4-6 months out, buy from Myth.

As I posted up above, there is only a marginal difference between the two kits. I have no skin in the game because I do mine DIY, but there is definitely a sharp learning curve to building and programming these Arduino-driven strips. It just occurred to me that there is probably a $2 board on AliExpress with a chip that runs FastLED; I’m going to look into that.

#13516 1 year ago

Team Elwin, please make the font and tank/bridge/etc. icons larger on the monster monitor! Thx.

#13517 1 year ago

Last week after a 6 month wait I got my Flaming Lights kit from Doug. Part of the delay was my fault in changing my order a bit and part was Doug misreading my order and holding it for a back ordered part which I did not order. When I contacted him about the delay he quickly realized the problem and immediately shipped my order with apologies for his mistake. He was very cordial in his email and not the 'soup Nazi' as one Pinsider claims. He can be a bit cantankerous (just his personality I suppose but nothing I perceived as personal towards me) but he makes a great product which I have on all 5 of my Sterns. The Flaming Lights kit is every bit as great as I had hoped it would be and as others have said, it is worth worth the wait. I don't know a thing about Myth and so I make no claims about which kit is better but I am 100% happy with what I got from Doug. BTW, I also just got my GZ Premium last week also after a 6 month wait. I love it. Funny though that I haven't seen as much vitriol about Stern's delays as I have seen about Doug's. I wonder why that is. Anyway, FWIW.

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

No one is complaining about the wait time for one of my light kits more than the guy that hasn't even ordered one.

It's the same guy that keeps making the false claims that the two light kits look exactly the same whenever anyone mentions liking the look of my flaming light kit better ..yet he knows that isn't true, so he won't post a video proving his claim.

You still miss the point. Attacking me is just another defense tactic.

I could understand it better if you were a hobbyist creating the kits, but you said it's your full time job.

Attacking any potential customer is unprofessional and supports my point that that you come first, not the customer.

A good business person would want to improve.

#13519 1 year ago

Please take this elsewhere.

#13520 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No kidding

#13521 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To the streets?

#13522 1 year ago

Is the building shot tighter on the premium? I don’t have a ton of time on one, but played in a tournament Sunday, and I would get rejects to the building a lot if my shot wasn’t perfect.

#13523 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the building shot tighter on the premium? I don’t have a ton of time on one, but played in a tournament Sunday, and I would get rejects to the building a lot if my shot wasn’t perfect.

I thought the opposite. I played more premium on location before getting a pro. The building shot seemed much tighter on the pro I had. My premium gets here this week if things work out, so I can get a better idea.

#13524 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a PRE at home, I get rejected all the time if its not a straight shot into the building. Any slight shot to either side going in it comes back out.

#13525 1 year ago

I'm curious: at this point, is there anything major missing from the game? I noticed some monsters on the playfield that aren't in the early menu to fight. Are they just deeper in the game, or have they yet to be added?

#13526 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm curious: at this point, is there anything major missing from the game?

The final wizard mode is not in the game. King of monsters.

#13527 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Check the ball guide to the left of the captive ball. If it's sticking out a little bit, you need to adjust this and snug it up to the captive ball (captive ball should still be able to move, doesn't need a big gap) Will give you a little more leeway on the left ramp shot. At least several people have had this issue.

Is there a guide or instructions somewhere in how to "adjust" the ball guide to the left of the captive ball? The left ramp shot is giving a lot of trouble as well.

#13528 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Is there a guide or instructions somewhere in how to "adjust" the ball guide to the left of the captive ball? The left ramp shot is giving a lot of trouble as well.

One nut under the playfield. Loosen, adjust, tighten.

#13529 1 year ago

I'm curious: at this point, is there anything major missing from the game? I noticed some monsters on the playfield that aren't in the early menu to fight. Are they just deeper in the game, or have they yet to be added?

Yeah King Caeser is on the playfield , i would imagine he would be added?

#13530 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah King Caeser is on the playfield , i would imagine he would be added?

There's two more monsters as well that I don't think I've seen in the game. One is on the scoop plastic and one I believe is towards the top right of the playfield. Sorry, not in front of my game now so doing from memory.

#13531 1 year ago

There's two more monsters as well that I don't think I've seen in the game. One is on the scoop plastic and one I believe is towards the top right of the playfield. Sorry, not in front of my game now so doing from memory.

if you mean hedorah in the upper right, he's in the game. king caesar has a cameo, but no defined modes or anything

#13532 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if you mean hedorah in the upper right, he's in the game. king caesar has a cameo, but no defined modes or anything

I don't mean him.

#13533 1 year ago

I think there's a guy by the tail whip insert, to the right of it...

#13534 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One nut under the playfield. Loosen, adjust, tighten.

Super simple, and makes a Huuuuuuuuuuuuge difference in the % of left ramp shots made

#13535 1 year ago

Kumonga (giant spider) is in one of the skill shots - that’s probsbly the only appearance we’ll see.

Kamakura (giant praying mantis) is behind the Mechagodzilla spinner/tail whip insert. Doubt we’ll see him too much. He’s not in the films for very long

King Seesar would most likely be added as an ally, or maybe an alternate extra ball video like Jet Jaguar. Haven’t seen him in the game I don’t think.

#13536 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Kumonga (giant spider) is in one of the skill shots - that’s probsbly the only appearance we’ll see.
Kamakura (giant praying mantis) is behind the Mechagodzilla spinner/tail whip insert. Doubt we’ll see him too much. He’s not in the films for very long
King Seesar would most likely be added as an ally, or maybe an alternate extra ball video like Jet Jaguar. Haven’t seen him in the game I don’t think.

Id like to see Destroyah down the road at some point.

#13537 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Game is Showa era only

#13538 1 year ago

is there anything major missing from the game?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The final wizard mode is not in the game. King of monsters.

Pretty sure they will also be adding a stand-alone challenge mini game.

#13539 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That would be cool, but not the right era - the Godzilla in this game is pre-1984, where they reset the timeline and ignored all movies after the very first one. I’d like to see Space Godzilla!

#13540 1 year ago

Destroy All Monsters has Gorosaurus (T-Rex Dino), Manda (Serpent), Baragon, and Varan which I don't think we see in the game. Kong was in an early movie. Would be nice to see him, but I doubt we will. I think those where all Toho monsters that may have had movies outside of the Godzilla franchise.

I kind of wish Hedorah was in a main battle. I love that movie (the sludge kitten and baby haha).

#13541 1 year ago

Darn it! Was on first ball last night, start of a good game and the building lost track of the third locked ball, so GZ multiball didn't start and instead went into ball search. Couldn't lock any balls anymore and after ball went to top of building, the game would go into ball search.

Tracked it down to the building VUK exit opto (#64). No light on receiver. If I disconnect and reconnect, the light blinks for a second and goes out.

Removed the opto and the LED receiver just fell off the board. The leads snapped at the led - I tried to solder, but not enough leads left to do anything with.

Had to order a new one. Looks like I'm down for a bit. May have to see if one of my other Sterns has the same opto if it's not here by the weekend.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13542 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Game is Showa era only

I knew that. DOH!

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That would be cool, but not the right era - the Godzilla in this game is pre-1984, where they reset the timeline and ignored all movies after the very first one. I’d like to see Space Godzilla!

I have money on Space Godzilla being the monster King Kong and Godzilla team up against in the next movie .

#13544 1 year ago

Adam Warlock is in the playfield art of AIQ but not in the game. So I’d think it’s possible the same could happen in Godzilla with characters in art and not in the game.

#13545 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have a PRE at home, I get rejected all the time if its not a straight shot into the building. Any slight shot to either side going in it comes back out.

Mines the same,took 3 tries yesterday to lock 1 ball

#13546 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Mines the same,took 3 tries yesterday to lock 1 ball

No issues here,,,, so far

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No issues here,,,, so far

Seems it has to be straight through the middle or it doesnt see it.

#13548 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven't played a Pro, but my Premium will reject the building shot if not nearly perfect.

Here's an example...

#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have money on Space Godzilla being the monster King Kong and Godzilla team up against in the next movie .

You mean in the US movies? That would be cool! They already had Ghidorah, I wouldn’t mind seeing Gigan

#13550 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I'm hesitant to speak up here. I come to this thread for GZ info, and I appreciate everyone that posts on that topic. I think I speak for at least a couple of us when I say, might you consider taking this dispute to an appropriate thread?
And one tiny bit of insight from a customer of yours: it's not a good look to publicly bash potential customers online, excessively so. I'm honestly hesitant to place another order, for fear that should an issue arise, I'll get the same treatment or you'll have the same defensive attitude for solving any problems. It's pinball. An enjoyable hobby. Last thing I want is more drama and grief.
If you product is good, it will speak for itself. The more someone feels a need to denigrate a competing product and customers, the more likely I am to avoid them all together. Maybe I'm alone in this. Under promise, over deliver. Peace.

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I came for GODZILLA and got a face full of speaker lights I dont even want!

Quoted from Sugar:

[quoted image]

Quoted from RTS:

You still miss the point. Attacking me is just another defense tactic.
I could understand it better if you were a hobbyist creating the kits, but you said it's your full time job.
Attacking any potential customer is unprofessional and supports my point that that you come first, not the customer.
A good business person would want to improve.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from VisitorQ:

To the streets?

It's going to the Godzilla mod thread. I won't be back in this thread on this topic unless RTS feels the need to continue to bring it up in this thread as he has been.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/271?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.