Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 546.
#1251 2 years ago

We need 2 more people to rank Godzilla LE and the result hits top100 in 7 hours. Where will it rest, oh my?

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We need 2 more people to rank Godzilla LE and the result hits top100 in 7 hours. Where will it rest, oh my?

Godzilla has such fun music and callouts!

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m curious how many others feel this way, I think Elwin's games all have amazing layouts and rules, but none thus far to me have had good mechs or a reason to buy the premium/LE.
The building diverters and bridge mech likely won't change the game's flow too much, but I'm curious how the Mechagodzilla mech works for flow/transitions off the jump ramp. On the pro its a quick, satisfying return with the spinner.

Mechzilla wasn’t that interesting to me. Doesn’t help that the multiball for it and bridge seem less interesting. Need more time with those rules i guess.

The building is great tho… if it dropped instead of the slow elevator ride down it would be life changing. Using the different ball returns to help finish gigan etc is sweet.

Pro is an instant hit. Premium is a must have. Le is sexy.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m curious how many others feel this way, I think Elwin's games all have amazing layouts and rules, but none thus far to me have had good mechs or a reason to buy the premium/LE.
The building diverters and bridge mech likely won't change the game's flow too much, but I'm curious how the Mechagodzilla mech works for flow/transitions off the jump ramp. On the pro its a quick, satisfying return with the spinner.

Iron Maiden Premium plays a LOT differently than the Pro. Having had both, I prefer the Premium.

JP and Avengers? Pro is fine IMO.

Godzilla? I have a Pro currently, but I think if you had a choice to make, the Prem would be worth it. That rotating jump ramp, magnetic mechazilla, bridge diverter and collapsing building are all very cool and tightly integrated to gameplay.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Ha...I meant that in a really good way - that you have so many good quality products to offer (from the fans to the deflectors to the gels and more)...not that they are overpriced by any means lol - sorry for the confusion

I knew what you meant. Just having some fun.

Quoted from fooflighter:

P.S. I think your fans should be standard / required on any tournament games...man that new Stern line got overheated fast on tournament row...either that or just the constant banging on those machines...they took a beating

I think as more people get experience with the benefit of Tibetan Breeze kits keeping the coils cool and flippers snappy, you will start to see them bleed into tournaments. Some games need it more than others, but all can benefit from having the cooling in a tournament. It's only a matter of time, IMO. Once you've experienced the benefit, it's hard to go back.

Speaking of which - the green special launch edition kits are shipping starting tomorrow. I got backed up because a restock order of the wiring harnesses ordered months ago got held up in customs and I literally ran completely dry so I couldn't make new kits.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Off work for two weeks and still no shipping info on my LE yet!!! I'll probably get a call for delivery date on first day back to work [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This might anger you even more then…

I just got my invoice and informed my premium will be available for pick up this week!

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I just got my invoice and informed my premium will be available for pick up this week!

wtf.gifwtf.gif
#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6c14147b6c263195cbba88100dda7b313d3e1950-1635720215-1800"};
//]]>

Is this confirmation that prems have been on the line for a few days? Were they shown during the virtual tour? I thought it was all pros and LEs…

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Is this confirmation that prems have been on the line for a few days? Were they shown during the virtual tour? I thought it was all pros and LEs…

I would say that definitely confirms it!

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I heard (which means nothing of course but take it with a grain of salt) LE's are done and two lines are pumping machines out. One Pro's and the other Prems, which would make some sense as weren't there Prems at the Expo?

#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I heard (which means nothing of course but take it with a grain of salt) LE's are done and two lines are pumping machines out. One Pro's and the other Prems, which would make some sense as weren't there Prems at the Expo?

Several

#1262 2 years ago

That's what I thought as well, thanks.

#1263 2 years ago
GZTitanic (resized).jpegGZTitanic (resized).jpeg
#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Getting my LE Monday.
Do you think Zilla is better then JJP POTC?
Price wise could Zilla ever be the king?

Zilla is King. @.80 code this thing is amazing! Wait until the code matures. This thing will be very hard to beat.

Yes Godzilla in my opinion is better then JJP POTC.

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Zilla is King. @.80 code this thing is amazing! Wait until the code matures. This thing will be very hard to beat.
Yes Godzilla in my opinion is better then JJP POTC.

And in his presentation at Expo he said they have something planned for code that's a bit different than anything they've done before. Looking forward to it!!!

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Our distributor is trying to get ours here before Christmas

Lucky for you guys. I was told we won't see anything till some time in January here in Aus!

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

And in his presentation at Expo he said they have something planned for code that's a bit different than anything they've done before. Looking forward to it!!!

Is there any transcript of the talk or anything by chance?
I'd love to hear more details.

Edit: FYI for anyone interested, the reference above is in relation to an alternate play mode that’s planned for Godzilla, like the Escape Nublar mode in Jurassic Park.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is there any transcript of the talk or anything by chance?
I'd love to hear more details.

There's a direct link to video of the session in the pinball expo thread here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-/page/10#post-6578460

#1269 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out if you can start in any other city besides Tokyo?

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Lucky for you guys. I was told we won't see anything till some time in January here in Aus!

Just waiting for the Premiums to be made and then shipping LEs and Premium together. Pro's land in a couple of weeks

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I haven't played a Pro yet but I have about 30 games on my LE so far and have had a few people stop in to play that are pinball regulars. All of them left wanting to buy their own premium and said that the building is the major reason why. The changing ball paths are awesome, and the 1st floor/2nd floor have different width openings making for variable challenge depending on building's state. As for mechagodzilla I think its way more interesting than I originally expected. When it rotates to shield target bank facing the flipper its a much more dangerous area to shoot.

With all of that said I'm very happy I have the mechs but I'm sure the pro is still amazing, especially with today's prices.

#1272 2 years ago

I am sure the Pro is a great game. But I couldn’t own this machine without that building mech after having done so. The ball changing paths on every floor is just next-level good shit.

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just waiting for the Premiums to be made and then shipping LEs and Premium together. Pro's land in a couple of weeks

With sea freight the way it is at the moment i think your Distro is a bit too optimistic. Unless theyre coming Air?

Having said that if you guys are not full containers you may have better chances. Full container bookings are a nightmare.

#1274 2 years ago

I own a pro and got to play many games on a Premium this weekend at Expo. I really like the premium and would love to own one, but have to debate if the $2k price diff is really worth it. I am not sure it is for me. I did like the way the ball paths change but not sure that is worth that much of a difference to me. Combine that with the wait times and lack of availability I am glad I went with a pro for now.

#1275 2 years ago

What really surprised me is how good the pro is without the Prem extras.
It’s definitely not a slouch.

When JP came out I thought it wasn’t worth the extra initially for the prem… once the code matured and they really made use of the Trex I felt it was justified to go prem. I hope to get that same feeling with Godzilla.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With sea freight the way it is at the moment i think your Distro is a bit too optimistic. Unless theyre coming Air?
Having said that if you guys are not full containers you may have better chances. Full container bookings are a nightmare.

Will be a shared container.

#1277 2 years ago

I'd love a pro. The extra toys are cool, but I personally don't think they're an extra $2k cool.
But that's me.

This is one game you can't go wrong with your choice. It's THAT good!

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Which tv show? I love the movies, but never got into the TV shows. Singular Point is good, not great. The old animated stuff I never liked very much. The Showa era movies I love especially Invasion of the Astro Monster which the pinball is heavily based on. The date 19 December 1965 is the day it was released and that date appears when you first start the game. It is also known as Godzilla vs Monster Zero. I think it has a few other titles as well. I am also a big fan of the Terror of Mechagodzilla which is also heavily used in the pinball. I think the new movies are awesome as well. I would have been happy with any era, but I think they made the right choice. Maybe later they do a reskin with another era. Heisei era has some cool stuff. Destroyah is one of the best Godzilla foes.

After checking IMDB, I must have been confused about what I watched on TV 45 years ago. The scenes and costumes shown in the Pinball game looked like what I remember the "TV show" looking like. So I must have wrongly remembered the movies as being a TV show. Everything I'm seeing of Godzilla TV shows from that era - late 60's, early 70's seem animated and not what I remember watching.

https://www.imdb.com/find?q=godzilla&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

From https://www.jioforme.com/godzilla-pinball-machine-unleashed-by-stern/755595/ :
"Godzilla Is the longest movie series produced by Toho, and 32 movies have been produced since 1954. ... This game highlights the video and audio of 10 Toho Showa Godzilla movies * to create a unique immersive Godzilla pinball experience."

As far as the movies I was referring to in my original post, I was referring to ones released in the last 20 years, of which I have watched very few because of my negative bias on the franchise. I may have to revisit my stance and research the modern Godzilla movies and work down from the highest rated.

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Game Exchange??
I'm waiting..............

I'm with ya! Gimmie that bill -- let's do this!

#1280 2 years ago

Anyway to shut off the Godzilla song? It’s okay but after a while a little annoying imo.

#1281 2 years ago

Question for you pro owners… is there anywhere onnthe playfield that indicates the ball lock for GZ multiball. I like the Premiums indicator on the backboard…. Trying to figure out a way to mod that in?

C38C7A3B-2FEC-4B80-B62D-467AD614542B (resized).jpegC38C7A3B-2FEC-4B80-B62D-467AD614542B (resized).jpeg
#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just need one more now.

Have you actually played the game?

#1283 2 years ago

New year delivery for the land down under
Can't wait.
That sound can mean only one thing........................................

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyway to shut off the Godzilla song? It’s okay but after a while a little annoying imo.

I don't know this for sure since I didn't get my premium yet, but in the menu is there an alternative soundtrack to select like in BKSOR?

I would take a look and see if there is.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

I don't know this for sure since I didn't get my premium yet, but in the menu is there an alternative soundtrack to select like in BKSOR?
I would take a look and see if there is.

Yes there is. Default is Hybrid, which is a mix of the rock and the symphonic versions.

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes there is. Default is Hybrid, which is a mix of the rock and the symphonic versions.

Thanks for letting me know. That's cool and I was hoping there was.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am sure the Pro is a great game. But I couldn’t own this machine without that building mech after having done so. The ball changing paths on every floor is just next-level good shit.

Agreed. I reached out to my distro and changed my order from a pro to a premium last week. Really looking forward to this one showing up soon. Ordered a speaker upgrade kit for it as well, first machine I’ve done that for in five or six years rather than just use a sub.

#1288 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see what the code updates bring. This game is really something.

#1289 2 years ago

I don't see ball locks for any of the multiballs. They just have percentage indicators, like how much damage the building has taken and when the damage bar hits 0%, next shot into the building starts Godzilla MB.

Quoted from matt68061:

Question for you pro owners… is there anywhere onnthe playfield that indicates the ball lock for GZ multiball. I like the Premiums indicator on the backboard…. Trying to figure out a way to mod that in?[quoted image]

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from APz:

I don't see ball locks for any of the multiballs. They just have percentage indicators, like how much damage the building has taken and when the damage bar hits 0%, next shot into the building starts Godzilla MB.

Yeah they changed the way GZMB works on the pro. No more locks. Only damage percentage until MB is ready.

#1291 2 years ago

The building collapsing is awesome! Fun for everyone.

#1292 2 years ago

My Godzilla LE should be delivered on Thursday.

#1293 2 years ago

Looks like the LE run is finished and Stern has moved on to the Premium Godzilla.
I still have not heard from my Distributer on my LE. Anyone else still waiting on call from their distributor?

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Looks like the LE run is finished and Stern has moved on to the Premium Godzilla.
I still have not heard from my Distributer on my LE. Anyone else still waiting on call from their distributor?

Raises hand.

I was told everything was expected to ship by October 30, so I'm hopeful I'll hear something today.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Raises hand.
I was told everything was expected to ship by October 30, so I'm hopeful I'll hear something today.

Mine looks like it took the long way throughout the state for almost 10 days. Finally made it in town today, so hopefully soon.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Me too. Although I am feeling a bit impatient I understand there is a lot of going on with shipping delays these days. Hopefully we will see it this week or next

#1297 2 years ago

for those that are wondering, i think the mechzilla mech on the prem/le is so worth it. i love to rip that spinner and then see it rotate around to hit the targets to get mechzilla mb ready... love ripping all three spinners on this thing too.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

Still waiting, no shipping notification yet.

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

for those that are wondering, i think the mechzilla mech on the prem/le is so worth it. i love to rip that spinner and then see it rotate around to hit the targets to get mechzilla mb ready... love ripping all three spinners on this thing too.

So jealous, still waiting on my phone call.

#1300 2 years ago

At least I'm not alone. It's good to have others who are just as anxious...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/26?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.