Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 547.
#13401 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Kind of thought so. But thanks for chiming in. I see your advice in many threads so it was good to run it past someone.

Long shot here. Take out the MicroSD card and reformat it while the game is off. Reinsert the MicroSD card and reboot. I had some odd behavior after a software update and a corrupt MicroSD card was the issue.

#13402 1 year ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I know Doug doesn’t want to be bothered but has anyone that purchased the flaming speaker light kit in February received it yet? Just curious when the latest ones to go out we’re ordered. Thanks.

I sent a really polite email asking him about it (also ordered in February) and he said he has some more going out in the next two weeks or so.

#13403 1 year ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

I had the same issue on my premium that was delivered on Friday. It’s was all over the rails, glass and head. Ended up using isopropyl alcohol to clean it all up.
On a side note - how does your lockdown bar look? Mine was shipped with a bar that is obviously powder coated a different black. It is very glossy and the texture is easily twice as thick as normal. It stands out like a sore thumb.

I unboxed my game last week and my lockdown bar also looks bad as you described. Plus I had sticky stuff all over the side rails.

Oh yea, and my game wouldn't turn on.

#13404 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I unboxed my game last week and my lockdown bar also looks bad as you described. Plus I had sticky stuff all over the side rails.
Oh yea, and my game wouldn't turn on.

Same, sticky stuff from the padding and lockdown bar and side rails don’t match at all. It’s not ideal but game plays great which is most important thing.

#13405 1 year ago

Not only does mine not match but it also has an odd imperfection on the right side of the bar. I’ll be emailing my distributor on Monday to request a replacement.

2924F026-826A-44EE-816E-73FA70AAF16A (resized).jpeg2924F026-826A-44EE-816E-73FA70AAF16A (resized).jpeg3481A044-6673-42B4-8802-CC7C1590B754 (resized).jpeg3481A044-6673-42B4-8802-CC7C1590B754 (resized).jpeg5EA56803-802A-4538-B814-B0444FB7D077 (resized).jpeg5EA56803-802A-4538-B814-B0444FB7D077 (resized).jpegEF03911A-2FB1-4D15-8EE5-E840EA3A5AE7 (resized).jpegEF03911A-2FB1-4D15-8EE5-E840EA3A5AE7 (resized).jpeg
#13406 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good old usb update, about 30 minutes to download, and maybe 10 minutes to install. I'll never use the auto download for 2 reasons, 1. It's slower.2. Sometimes the update has more bugs than fixes. Not often, but it's happened. I like to wait a day or 2 to see if it's good to go

I still use the USB update too. It's so much faster.

It's really no big deal. You just put the files on the USB, stick the USB in the port in the backbox, and turn on the machine. The game walks you through the rest.

#13407 1 year ago

Saw other folks having issues with manual plunger alignment. It's probably not an issue with where the playfield is sitting, it's that the manual plunger wasn't positioned correctly from the factory (or got moved in shipment). Basically the triangular hole in the cabinet where that assembly mounts allows for a lot of movement to get it to hit the ball solidly. I emailed Stern tech and they provided this document that shows how to change the alignment of the manual shooter. Hope this helps someone else out.

manual plunger adjustment.pdfmanual plunger adjustment.pdf
#13408 1 year ago

Ok.. is it me or did anyone else laugh at Hedorah and his mouth skills..? I'm painting this up and adding it...

922325019_orig (resized).jpg922325019_orig (resized).jpg
#13409 1 year ago

Also I’ve seen the auto launch prongs are sitting too far forward or are not spread out enough and they are holding the ball too far forward that messes with the manual plunge.

#13410 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

Saw other folks having issues with manual plunger alignment. It's probably not an issue with where the playfield is sitting, it's that the manual plunger wasn't positioned correctly from the factory (or got moved in shipment). Basically the triangular hole in the cabinet where that assembly mounts allows for a lot of movement to get it to hit the ball solidly. I emailed Stern tech and they provided this document that shows how to change the alignment of the manual shooter. Hope this helps someone else out.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this. at the same time its got to be a HUGE pain in the ass for keep lifting the playfield putting it back down to see if its aligned then doing it all over again till its right. I know i know...that's what needs to be done. But still, ugh! Going to attempt this when i get home later.

#13411 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. is it me or did anyone else laugh at Hedorah and his mouth skills..? I'm painting this up and adding it... [quoted image]

rips from the bong

#13412 1 year ago

USB update wouldn’t work for us. We did Wi-Fi and it took 50 minutes to download and then install after. We then setup all the Insider Connected and Home Team (watched some YouTube videos which helped), and within two hours everything was done. Great to have family stores so we can just input players from the flippers each game. Third day of ownership and our oldest son has gotten scores in the 850 million range (he’s our best player) and battled two tier II battles and Monster Zero. Great game. Tough enough and always begging for that one more play. My personal best is 350,000. It’s got great shots and lots of fun.

#13413 1 year ago

I am the same, usb update is easy and faster. #nopatience

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good old usb update, about 30 minutes to download, and maybe 10 minutes to install. I'll never use the auto download for 2 reasons, 1. It's slower.2. Sometimes the update has more bugs than fixes. Not often, but it's happened. I like to wait a day or 2 to see if it's good to go

#13414 1 year ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I am the same, usb update is easy and faster. #nopatience

I know on gnr there were several updates that caused more bugs, and they came out with another update later . Not sure if Stern has had this issue, but I like to wait at least 1 day to see. LZ had annoying code changes, but no bugs, so I was 2 updates behind when I sold it.

#13415 1 year ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

Not only does mine not match but it also has an odd imperfection on the right side of the bar. I’ll be emailing my distributor on Monday to request a replacement.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine came in the same run and is the exact same. Don’t know if they’ll replace it if the texture is as intended (the little blip mark isn’t a big deal)

#13416 1 year ago

Hey everyone. I was checking on my machine and the trough issue. I posted a couple weeks ago and lots of people chimed in with help. So I just checked and I see this. (See pic.) The purple/orange wire is OUT. I looked at the old pics and it's hard to notice. Can someone please tell me what plug on the molex it goes in, if at all. I can't imagine it's supposed to be hanging.

Looks like good news to me. Fingers crossed. Please post a pic of your molex if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220807-145541_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220807-145541_Photos (resized).jpg
#13417 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey everyone. I was checking on my machine and the trough issue. I posted a couple weeks ago and lots of people chimed in with help. So I just checked and I see this. (See pic.) The purple/orange wire is OUT. I looked at the old pics and it's hard to notice. Can someone please tell me what plug on the molex it goes in, if at all. I can't imagine it's supposed to be hanging.
Looks like good news to me. Fingers crossed. Please post a pic of your molex if you can.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from the angle of the molex, but from the couple of plugs I'm looking at on my games at home from left to right: red, empty, purple/orange, purple/red, purple/black, black. If you have two empty spots to the right of the solid red one, should go in the right empty spot

#13418 1 year ago

You should be able to tell by the metal pin in the connector. The wire came clean out of it.

#13419 1 year ago

Yesterday the wireform that runs to the right flipper inline, my ball kept getting stuck right as it drops down into the inlane.

Turns out that wireform was overlapping the edge of the plastic over the slingshot. I had to basically "pull" it a bit more to the right so that the screw right there was at the edge of the hook it goes through. Before I did that, there was a bit of space between the edge of the hook and where it was screwed down.

Curious if anyone else had this issue.

#13420 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to tell by the metal pin in the connector. The wire came clean out of it.

Yea. I see it now. How to I insert the pin so it stays in the molex?

#13421 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yesterday the wireform that runs to the right flipper inline, my ball kept getting stuck right as it drops down into the inlane.
Turns out that wireform was overlapping the edge of the plastic over the slingshot. I had to basically "pull" it a bit more to the right so that the screw right there was at the edge of the hook it goes through. Before I did that, there was a bit of space between the edge of the hook and where it was screwed down.
Curious if anyone else had this issue.

I had the overlapping issue. Unscrewed stuff, repositioned, rescrewed and tightened to resolve.

#13422 1 year ago

I've done plenty of USB updates before IC came out and several now with IC.
Luckily I've not had any issues like some using IC over WIFI to update. I don't have the fastest internet in the world and the latest Godzilla update took about 30 minutes to download and another 10 minutes to install.
I let AIQ and Deadpool update while I played a game on Godzilla.

#13423 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Yea. I see it now. How to I insert the pin so it stays in the molex?

YouTube repinning pinball molex connectors.

#13424 1 year ago

folks who powder coat their games. Is there a certain foam insert I should order as a replacement to the one inside the lockdown bar? Anything perfect on amazon? Ive never powder coated before and just want to be ready

#13425 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

folks who powder coat their games. Is there a certain foam insert I should order as a replacement to the one inside the lockdown bar? Anything perfect on amazon? Ive never powder coated before and just want to be ready

Good 'ol big box store foam window insulation works great

#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good 'ol big box store foam window insulation works great

thanks

#13427 1 year ago

That works great and pinball life sells the same for a few dollars. But shipping will get you unless you have a few things to order or I go in with a friend.

#13428 1 year ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

I had the same issue on my premium that was delivered on Friday. It’s was all over the rails, glass and head. Ended up using isopropyl alcohol to clean it all up.
On a side note - how does your lockdown bar look? Mine was shipped with a bar that is obviously powder coated a different black. It is very glossy and the texture is easily twice as thick as normal. It stands out like a sore thumb.

Wish you hadn't told me this because yes my lockdown bar is definitely a bit different and now I can't unsee it. I didn't even notice before.

#13429 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Is this a bug? Was just on ball 3 and started monster zero, the ball save for monster zero ran out and I drained out the right outlane but oxygen destroyer didn't trigger.

I think I had the same situation happen recently with Planet X (drained right outlane on a game where I don't think I ever used ox, game over).

I intend to pay closer attention to the situation next time to see if a lit ox destroyer is turned off after starting X (or the same if I'm on the last ball when starting monster zero or terror). It wouldn't surprise me if this is the case and that ox is deactivated during mini wizard modes. And if it is the case, I'll ask on tilt forums if the behavior is intentional or not.

#13430 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

That works great and pinball life sells the same for a few dollars. But shipping will get you unless you have a few things to order or I go in with a friend.

what part would it be in pinballlife? I tried searching for foam and padding and not popping up. I have an order I'm about to place and would be good timing to add this.

#13432 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Wish you hadn't told me this because yes my lockdown bar is definitely a bit different and now I can't unsee it. I didn't even notice before.

My apologies - it was the first thing I noticed when unboxing. Mine literally looks like rino lining from a pickup truck bed with a high gloss finish.

#13433 1 year ago

This pin is freaking insane.. we were laughing while playing it today. I hit 8 loops in a row... so satisfying. Hit the right ramp like 7 times. The modes, the shots... even the skill shot that you float it across the playfield behind the other flipper is so butter. Loving it.

#13434 1 year ago
Quoted from aalbertson3:

My apologies - it was the first thing I noticed when unboxing. Mine literally looks like rino lining from a pickup truck bed with a high gloss finish.

I will be curious what your distro says about a replacement. This is only my 2nd pin and I've never contacted a distro about things like this after purchase.

The little keychain things in my goodie bag had also clearly melted a bit. You can see parts of the edge simply aren't smooth at all and they are a bit hazy. I'm guessing it's just because they were sitting in the trucks in the heat.

#13435 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I will be curious what your distro says about a replacement. This is only my 2nd pin and I've never contacted a distro about things like this after purchase.
The little keychain things in my goodie bag had also clearly melted a bit. You can see parts of the edge simply aren't smooth at all and they are a bit hazy. I'm guessing it's just because they were sitting in the trucks in the heat.

The edges are lasers cut and be sure the protective plastic film is not still on the top, that is what probably looks hazy.

#13436 1 year ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

The edges are lasers cut and be sure the protective plastic film is not still on the top, that is what probably looks hazy.

Lol I definitely feel like a dumbass now - that was exactly it. Thanks.

#13437 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Hopefully download will be complete before next update!
Never seen that before, just 5600 minutes or so until complete...lol.
[quoted image]

If you set it to “Install Updates Automatically” under Software Updates you can continue to play the game and it will update in the background. When everything is downloaded, and no one is playing it will automatically unpack and install, only shuts th machine down for 5 min, then reboots with the latest and greatest

#13438 1 year ago

just installed the Neo Tokyo mod. So damn sexy.

20220807_214916685_iOS (resized).jpg20220807_214916685_iOS (resized).jpg
#13439 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just installed the Neo Tokyo mod. So damn sexy. [quoted image]

Very nice!! I'm on the list. This looks like it should have came with it.

#13440 1 year ago

OK, agreed... I'll dial back the flames. That said, I have some valid points that I think are worthy of discussion even among major fans of the game.

I just find it endlessly frustrating, and every Gz I've played has been the same. Maybe a bunch of tweaking will make a big difference, but I don't think a pin should take endless tweaking to be fun. How could an operator possibly keep it dialed in?

The 3 ball magnet hold isn't strong enough to hold the balls most of the time.

The pop bumper is ruthless. Even a perfect shot to the spinner often results in the ball bouncing into it and shooting into the outlane or SDTM. This is just punishing for regular players.

I think having a pinball wizard design a game might actually be a bad thing, and might result in a game being too difficult. I hit that left ramp shot about 1 in 20 times. I'm not a great player, but I'm a decent player and have been playing at home and on route pretty regularly for 20 years. Regardless of what you think of my skills, someone who plays that much should be able to hit that shot more than 5% of the time.

I've checked the level several times, it's spot on, but I don't have a way to check the playfield grade. Maybe I'll try that next.

I have other reasons for keeping it for now, but under normal circumstances I definitely would have sold or traded it. The route games I've played have been like this too.

Wade

#13441 1 year ago

#13442 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’m almost at the point of calling this game a total loser, but not quite. How many failed magnet flails, spinner shots that then bounce into the pop and then sdtm or straight down the outlane, before someone just swears off this game for good? I know a lot of you love this game, but in my opinion the physical design of this game is just a BAD one. Sounds like a lot of you think all the layers of software make up for the sub par play, not for me.
I absolutely would have traded or sold it by now, but I hear that it’s good on location which is the only reason I keep it. I hope the hype for that isn’t as overstated as the hype is here with collectors.

It sounds like the one you’re playing needs some attention to be set up right. Godzilla is pretty forgiving in terms of missed shots and not bricking shots.

Ignoring the code completely it’s not an extremely difficult shooter and has very long play times compared to the majority of other modern games.

Of course eventually you drain and sometimes it feels unfair but that’s pinball, a game you always lose.

#13443 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’m almost at the point of calling this game a total loser, but not quite. How many failed magnet flails, spinner shots that then bounce into the pop and then sdtm or straight down the outlane, before someone just swears off this game for good? I know a lot of you love this game, but in my opinion the physical design of this game is just a BAD one. Sounds like a lot of you think all the layers of software make up for the sub par play, not for me.
I absolutely would have traded or sold it by now, but I hear that it’s good on location which is the only reason I keep it. I hope the hype for that isn’t as overstated as the hype is here with collectors.

I think considering this exact thread is for Godzilla owners, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say.. Why are you here posting? If you don't like the game that's fine, that's your opinion but given it's the #1 PIN on the top 100 and easily a top seller from Stern, I would say your opinion is of the minority. See ya.

#13444 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just installed the Neo Tokyo mod. So damn sexy. [quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

#13445 1 year ago

Hey guys,
Quick question, does the drake building mech have an anti-trap sensor?
I got a ball stuck at the rear of the building.
Went into ball search and started raising building.
Ball got trapped in area shown in image between the wireform and plastic.
I could see what was happening and killed the power.
The ball was stuck fast in the area and the plastic bent 45 degrees.
I had to undue the wireform screws to release the jammed ball.
To my amazement, plastic never acquired damage or worse snapped!
I thought a sensor may have detected obstruction???

A4DD4621-65B7-4520-BBA1-53D7069D1BAC (resized).jpegA4DD4621-65B7-4520-BBA1-53D7069D1BAC (resized).jpeg
#13446 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Sorry you’re having a bad experience. I think most feel the exact opposite, and I would agree that your game might not be set up properly. Play with the side to side level a bit. Small difference can make a big impact. It takes a bit to dial in the game, but once it is, the layout is one of the best out there.

#13447 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’d sell this game if I were you.

#13448 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

It sounds like the one you’re playing needs some attention to be set up right. Godzilla is pretty forgiving in terms of missed shots and not bricking shots.
Ignoring the code completely it’s not an extremely difficult shooter and has very long play times compared to the majority of other modern games.
Of course eventually you drain and sometimes it feels unfair but that’s pinball, a game you always lose.

I completely agree with all of this. Godzilla is WAYYYY more forgiving than something like Jurassic Park. Sounds like someone needs to spend more time making sure the game is leveled.

#13449 1 year ago

Is there a topper in the works? Stern or other?

#13450 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I use a thin weather stripping foam, maybe 1/4 inch. Works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/269?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.