Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 547.
#13351 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

New code new translite ! Let’s go!
[quoted image]

Love the translite

#13352 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Doug, Maybe it is thinner, rather than lighter, or is that the same with foam?

Quoted from purbeast:

You know what, you're right. I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out.
It definitely does have something to do with the lighting, however I still never ever saw that on my JP regardless of the lighting.
When I go into the backbox today, I may take one side off and replace it with my JP foam that I'm no longer using and see if it makes any difference.

I've bought the SPIKE 2 speaker foam from Stern several times. I have noticed it being several different shades of brightness (while always being the same grey / charcoal / black color) sometimes even being different shades in the same order, but I have never notice it being thinner or less dense.

As far as that posted picture goes, I'm not sure if it possibly being a lighter color would make the speaker holes more visible behind the foam or if that may be cause by a change in thickness or density.

#13353 1 year ago

Found a cool deal on the Mezco Destroy all Monsters box set.

Played around with trying to find places these might work on the playfield.

At 7" tall, King Ghidorah is really only clearing the glass in one spot. If you remove tail and legs.

Minilla is 2.75" and fits on the sling plastic without blocking the view.

Screenshot_20220805-181005_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220805-181005_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220805-181046_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220805-181046_Gallery (resized).jpg
#13354 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Of course , shaker and replacing plastic Godzilla and Mecha look great …. But still no moving mechanisms .

You’re not going to notice. The game is so fast and there is SO much going on: multiple battle modes,
Multiballs, a few times where the game holds the ball for effect to start a mode.. TONS of video and animations. Understand the concern but seriously, you won’t notice. The whole game seems like it’s moving because the light shows are THAT good.

#13355 1 year ago

Hey all! I installed the tournament button in Godzilla and am in a life and death match against my husband. Currently the pot is up to $41.50.

I haven’t followed the code updates super closely as I’ve installed them.

What is your current strategy to get a good high score? I’ve been sucking lately, and the code changes make just going through cities much harder.

#13356 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Hey all! I installed the tournament button in Godzilla and am in a life and death match against my husband. Currently the pot is up to $41.50.
What is your current strategy to get a good high score? I’ve been sucking lately, and the code changes make just going through cities much harder.

Read through this thread, it’s fantastic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more

#13357 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Start this video at 32:00. I go through how to play and score in GZ

#13358 1 year ago

So I got my GODZILLA PREMIUM today and the backbox won’t raise enough for me to put the bolts in - it’s about 1/2 inch short. I tried bending the bolt plates on the backbox in to see if they were catching, but it’s just not going all the way down. Any ideas? The backbox is noticeably sagging forward compared to my other machines

849AF110-0059-4319-94AD-71E5872B4669 (resized).jpeg849AF110-0059-4319-94AD-71E5872B4669 (resized).jpeg
#13359 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So I got my GODZILLA PREMIUM today and the backbox won’t raise enough for me to put the bolts in. (snip) Any ideas?

Check the usual stuff. Make sure you're not pinching any cables or there's anything else between the backbox and cabinet. Take off the translite and lower the speaker panel and exam both pass through holes for obstructions. If all that's ok, then consider removing the hinge bolts to see if the backbox will sit flat on the cabinet. Proceed from there.

#13360 1 year ago

Trade: Godzilla Premium for a Cirqus Voltaire , Twilight Zone , or Addams Family. Cash to be added if needed.

#13361 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Check the usual stuff. Make sure you're not pinching any cables or there's anything else between the backbox and cabinet. Take off the translite and lower the speaker panel and exam both pass through holes for obstructions. If all that's ok, then consider removing the hinge bolts to see if the backbox will sit flat on the cabinet. Proceed from there.

Thanks, will do.

Also, my shooting rod is barely making contact with the ball on the plunge, barely making it able to clear the right side pops (autoplunge makes it around alright though). Is this by design? If not, how do I fix it?

Also, all the balls that come off the building for GZ multiball go sdtm.

What do?

#13362 1 year ago

Hi - trying to find where to purchase these flipper bat toppers - checked all the usual suspects, nada.
Anyone?

Screenshot_20220806-040506_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220806-040506_Gallery (resized).jpg
#13363 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Thanks, will do.
Also, my shooting rod is barely making contact with the ball on the plunge, barely making it able to clear the right side pops (autoplunge makes it around alright though). Is this by design? If not, how do I fix it?
What do?

Your autoplunge flanges that contact the ball may be pinched together, check for proper separation there first, then look at the shooter rod for the usual... make sure it's secure, sometimes the shooter assembly is installed incorrectly, or the spring, eclips are on the wrong sides etc...just verify the correct installation of these items...

You mention you tried bending the flanges...in the future, always check, double check and recheck from the simple to the complex, don't go straight into bending things to fit, that's how you will mess up, what most likely is a simple fix, very quickly.

#13364 1 year ago

Maybe it was dropped?

Quoted from ticktockman:

Thanks, will do.
What do?

#13365 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Thanks, will do.
What do?

Have you tried moving the playfield left or right? Mine has way more wiggle room then my other games, anytime I lift the playfield when I put it back down I make sure to slide it to the left after it's down before I put the lockdown bar on. If I don't do that my plunger makes contact with the auto plunger fork.
The auto plunge works because that's attached to the play field where the manual plunger is not, it's attached to the cabinet.

#13366 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Have you tried moving the playfield left or right? Mine has way more wiggle room then my other games, anytime I lift the playfield when I put it back down I make sure to slide it to the left after it's down before I put the lockdown bar on. If I don't do that my plunger makes contact with the auto plunger fork.
The auto plunge works because that's attached to the play field where the manual plunger is not, it's attached to the cabinet.

This is exactly what’s going on with mine. I have to shift the play field to the left or I get the same problem. Only game I’ve issues like this with.
I’m also wondering if this is what’s causing my plunger not shooting “ normally” . The ball is a mess when plunged. Goes all over the place. Even hits mechas left arm some times . Smh …

#13367 1 year ago

Thanks, will do.
What do?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#13368 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This is exactly what’s going on with mine. I have to shift the play field to the left or I get the same problem. Only game I’ve issues like this with.
I’m also wondering if this is what’s causing my plunger not shooting “ normally” . The ball is a mess when plunged. Goes all over the place. Even hits mechas left arm some times . Smh …

I had same issue out of box. My shooter rod wasn’t level. I pulled loose the shooter rod bolts and squared it up to the center of where the ball sits. Works great now. Just something to look out for.

#13369 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Quoted from ExSquid:

All my games have the playfield centering brackets (Actually Switch plates) EXCEPT Godzilla. Not sure if this was intentional by Stern or it was just an oversight on the line that day of assembly

I originally marked my lockdown bar bracket positions with a sharpie to ensure I have the proper position, if not put back correctly the ball rattles out of the shooter lane both manually and auto

I just ordered a couple sets of these from Pinball Life. Will install and report back

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html

20220806_080530 (resized).jpg20220806_080530 (resized).jpg

#13370 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

All my games have the playfield centering brackets (Actually Switch plates) EXCEPT Godzilla. Not sure if this was intentional by Stern or it was just an oversight on the line that day of assembly
I originally marked my lockdown bar bracket positions with a sharpie to ensure I have the proper position, if not put back correctly the ball rattles out of the shooter lane both manually and auto
I just ordered a couple sets of these from Pinball Life. Will install and report back
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-right.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/switch-plate-left.html
[quoted image]

Thanks , these easy to install?

#13371 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks , these easy to install?

Yes, the the best way is to use painters tape to place them where you want precisely, then screw into cabinet with 2 wood screws, if you have another machine nearby for reference, it helps determine where they should go

#13372 1 year ago

Needing some help here. Wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

Our GZ Prem (build date April 11, 2022) has played flawlessly since we picked it up, Code .96.

Insider connected registered and utilized. Upgraded wirelessly to .97. Again, played routinely with no issues.

Recently downloaded .98. Seemed fine for the few times played since the download. Here's where things go a bit wonky:

Last night tried to utilize Home Team with my daughters. Followed the Stern setup video and we all scanned our QR and created a home team. Started the first game and the game froze in the middle of game play, first ball, first player.

The game continues to freeze during gameplay after several reboots. Even froze a few times in attract mode. Once frozen, I cannot use the service buttons.

Here's what I've attempted:
1) I reseated all the connections on the CPU and removed and reinstalled the Game SD card, even the micro SD for wifi. Starts up, but still freezes.
2) I was able to get into the Service Menu a couple times before the game froze and tried to roll back the code to .97 but was not able to.
3) I even did a Factory Reset in the Service Menu before it froze. Still freezes during next game and needs a reboot. On a few of the reboots, the LCD screen didn't even come on.
4) I downloaded .98 from Stern's website and created a new SD image. There is no longer and Insider Connected (which makes sense). Game boots, then freezes during attract or the first game, once started.

Any thoughts or advice? Bad CPU? Bad Power Distribution board? Sickening that there were no issues until after trying the new Insider Connected Team. Coincidence? I will call Stern on Monday as they have been very helpful to me in the past.

#13373 1 year ago

Completely reflash the SD card. With a new class 10 SD card.

#13374 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Your autoplunge flanges that contact the ball may be pinched together, check for proper separation there first, then look at the shooter rod for the usual... make sure it's secure, sometimes the shooter assembly is installed incorrectly, or the spring, eclips are on the wrong sides etc...just verify the correct installation of these items...
You mention you tried bending the flanges...in the future, always check, double check and recheck from the simple to the complex, don't go straight into bending things to fit, that's how you will mess up, what most likely is a simple fix, very quickly.

Looking at it compared to my other machines the plunger just doesn’t go far enough into the shooter lane to make proper contact with the ball. I’ll push the rod all the way in and it’s just barely enough to strike the ball. Is there a fix for this?

#13375 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Looking at it compared to my other machines the plunger just doesn’t go far enough into the shooter lane to make proper contact with the ball. I’ll push the rod all the way in and it’s just barely enough to strike the ball. Is there a fix for this?

Do you have a stiffer spring to try, In addition how many washers do they have on the manual plunger? I had a machine that had 1 to many and it made a world of difference when I removed it.

#13376 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:I can post pics later, but just got a NIB Premium and I swear to god, this is the thinest clear coat I've seen on a Stern game since purchasing games in the last 10 years. Seriously, it's tough to even say there's clear on this game. I can feel all the artwork lines/grooves and inserts.
This game just came off the recent run. Am I alone here with this issue?

I have had Godzilla for a month and half. First thing I noticed was the clear was different than games like my IM/JP. Not as reflective and presumably thinner.

It is still low play and early, but I will say so far the playfield is holding up well. I checked out my playfied when I was fixing a ball trap and I don't even have any big crater dimples yet like on earlier Stern's with the glossier clear. Overall it might be a good thing, we'll see. You would think a big thick layer of clear would be best, but maybe its not(pooling, chipping, etc).

Thick clear on maiden I noticed I have a crack under a post near the super jackpot target that gets smashed by the upper flipper.

#13377 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Completely reflash the SD card. With a new class 10 SD card.

Downloaded, flashed a brand new image SD card, Sandisk 16g, class 10. Game booted and went into setup. I changed it to Free Play and saved. Watched it scroll through credits in attract mode, lasted about 5 minutes, then froze.

Open to more thoughts? Thanks

#13378 1 year ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Downloaded, flashed a brand new image SD card, Sandisk 16g, class 10. Game booted and went into setup. I changed it to Free Play and saved. Watched it scroll through credits in attract mode, lasted about 5 minutes, then froze.
Open to more thoughts? Thanks

You’re effed. Haha. I would open a ticket with your distro and stern. Sorry. I’m out of ideas.

#13379 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re effed. Haha. I would open a ticket with your distro and stern. Sorry. I’m out of ideas.

Kind of thought so. But thanks for chiming in. I see your advice in many threads so it was good to run it past someone.

#13380 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Do you have a stiffer spring to try, In addition how many washers do they have on the manual plunger? I had a machine that had 1 to many and it made a world of difference when I removed it.

Here is the maximum it goes when I push the plunger all the way

53593052-E3A5-4222-A30D-7FA457158FBE (resized).jpeg53593052-E3A5-4222-A30D-7FA457158FBE (resized).jpeg
#13381 1 year ago

#13382 1 year ago

LOT'S of new Gozilla's being delivered. To all new folks, friendly reminder to check the "Key Posts" on top of thread page to find quick answers to your questions!! HAVE FUN!

#13383 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Here is the maximum it goes when I push the plunger all the way[quoted image]

I just looked at my plunger (pushed all the way in) and it looks the same as your pic. I've got 2 other pins with manual plungers and the ball striking force (spring strength) seems approx. the same with all 3 plungers.

#13384 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

This is your shooter rod, check all parts against yours.

Screenshot_20220806-135755_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220806-135755_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
#13385 1 year ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Hi - trying to find where to purchase these flipper bat toppers - checked all the usual suspects, nada.
Anyone?[quoted image]

You pic isn't very clear, but see my pic for the toppers I got from Mr_Tantrum. Also, the upper flipper topper has a blue GZ with a blue flame shooting out of his mouth (on red background). Send a PM to Mr_Tantrum for details.

#13386 1 year ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Anyone?[quoted image]

Sorry, here's the pic (that I forgot to include) that goes along with my previous post.

IMG_3618 (resized).jpgIMG_3618 (resized).jpg
#13387 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Here is the maximum it goes when I push the plunger all the way[quoted image]

Take off rubber tip and put a tiny bit of paper inside then put back on. Will push out a bit and work better.

#13388 1 year ago

I know Doug doesn’t want to be bothered but has anyone that purchased the flaming speaker light kit in February received it yet? Just curious when the latest ones to go out we’re ordered. Thanks.

#13389 1 year ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I know Doug doesn’t want to be bothered but has anyone that purchased the flaming speaker light kit in February received it yet? Just curious when the latest ones to go out we’re ordered. Thanks.

I waited patiently and received mine. Wait was completely worth it!

#13390 1 year ago

Oh I’m sure it’s worth it. Ordered something for my wife from a store that we have been waiting on the package for a little while and called them Friday because we haven’t received it. Was told it shipped in April (thankfully they are shipping out a new one) so was just making me antsy if I missed something else from somewhere else.

#13391 1 year ago

Is this a bug? Was just on ball 3 and started monster zero, the ball save for monster zero ran out and I drained out the right outlane but oxygen destroyer didn't trigger.

#13392 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Use a pair of needle nose and put them between the auto plunger, pull with equal force on both sides of the pliar handles and you will pry the auto plunger slightly but equally apart, the ball should now sit lower in the shooter lane, I've done this on a couple pins and it works flawlessly

#13393 1 year ago

Hopefully download will be complete before next update!

Never seen that before, just 5600 minutes or so until complete...lol.

A91BEDE7-3166-47C9-9F61-3DF64A0BA68F (resized).jpegA91BEDE7-3166-47C9-9F61-3DF64A0BA68F (resized).jpeg
#13394 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

s this a bug? Was just on ball 3 and started monster zero, the ball save for monster zero ran out and I drained out the right outlane but oxygen destroyer didn't trigger.

Are you sure you hand't used it already during that game? It is enabled/lit starting on ball 3, but doesn't relight after you use it (even if you get an extra ball).

#13395 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

[quoted image]

Took around 4-5 hours for mine to update.

#13396 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Are you sure you hand't used it already during that game? It is enabled/lit starting on ball 3, but doesn't relight after you use it (even if you get an extra ball).

Yes, I have extra balls turned off and I started monster zero pretty much right at the beginning of ball 3.

#13397 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

[quoted image]

Good old usb update, about 30 minutes to download, and maybe 10 minutes to install. I'll never use the auto download for 2 reasons, 1. It's slower.2. Sometimes the update has more bugs than fixes. Not often, but it's happened. I like to wait a day or 2 to see if it's good to go

#13398 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

1. Some of the plastic on the padding like melted onto the glass and one of the side rails. I got it off the glass but couldn't get it all off of the rail. I used some simple green but I will scrub it a bit more tomorrow. I don't want to scrub so hard it damages the rail.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same issue on my premium that was delivered on Friday. It’s was all over the rails, glass and head. Ended up using isopropyl alcohol to clean it all up.

On a side note - how does your lockdown bar look? Mine was shipped with a bar that is obviously powder coated a different black. It is very glossy and the texture is easily twice as thick as normal. It stands out like a sore thumb.

#13399 1 year ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Anyone?[quoted image]

I believe the fella that runs the ULEK store makes those. He can do them in various color combinations, so I'm sure if you reach out to him and let him know what you're looking for, he would be happy to work with you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1032-ulekstore

#13400 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

You pic isn't very clear, but see my pic for the toppers I got from Mr_Tantrum. Also, the upper flipper topper has a blue GZ with a blue flame shooting out of his mouth (on red background). Send a PM to Mr_Tantrum for details.

Awesome, thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/268 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.