IMG_9100 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9103 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9102 (resized).jpeg
rub (resized).jpg
IMG_5239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5235 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 552.
#13101 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

For me it’s typically the “extras” that make me go LE. Powdercoat is what around $500 or so but it’s the time to strip the game and then wait for it to get done. And I really like mirrored backglasses and that’s just something not easy to attain with the other models.

I agree that mirrored backglass is pretty sweet, but probably $1000 if you figure powder is $500 (which I feel may be a little high). But man.. grabbing a new GZ premium for under $10k vs buying a GZ LE in the $14-16k makes SO much more sense for me.

#13102 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I was in the middle of a game and the sound went bad. After troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to the woofer. The sound is awful-choppy/cloudy/distorted. I changed the speaker with another one I had on hand in a different game. Same issue. I traced the line back to the white board in the backbox (yellow/black & yellow/white) into CN4 on the board in the backbox. I re-seated the connection…same issue. Did the board go out on me? Anyone experience this on any spike 2’s
Thanks

Yes, my woofer sounded bad right out of the box and I swapped it with a good one like you, but no change. It's got to be on the board since there is nothing else in between. I put in a ticket and I'm waiting for a resolution.

#13103 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

For me it’s typically the “extras” that make me go LE. Powdercoat is what around $500 or so but it’s the time to strip the game and then wait for it to get done. And I really like mirrored backglasses and that’s just something not easy to attain with the other models.

Local guy does it for $250 and turn around is about a week. Plus I get to pick my color!

#13104 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I'm in your boat and while I'm not totally new to pinball I'm relatively new to Pinside. It was bumming me out to watch all these guys breaking 1 billion and I can't crack half that.
Maybe not your issue, but I've come to a better place. I no longer worry about what other people score or can accomplish on their machines. I know my average score thanks to Insider Connected. Any time I can beat my average score (and thus raise my average score) I call it a win. I'm not even gunning for a new high score on my machine. For a short while there I was getting really frustrated playing my new machines (Rush and GZ). Now, I'm much, much happier and have even been playing a bit better.
Probably not your issue, or anybody else's. But your post made me think to share how I've stayed happy playing these games among people who are clearly much better than me at pinball...

I like when people post their scores. Gives me something to shoot for and I find it fun. I mean I SUCK, so it’s going to take a while hahah. I still haven’t defeated any of the monsters yet. I managed to get Tank Multiball for the first time since owning the machine today. That was a huge win for me.
Everyone plays in a way that makes it fun for them. I was always a high score chaser since I was a kid so I get a kick out of it. And I’m jealous you have RUSH. I played the hell out of it on location near me last month. Premium is amazing. One day I’ll own one .

#13105 1 year ago

Sees topic on fire... hopeful for new code update?

Opens thread

Pro/Prem/LE pissing match

Carry on pinball people! I'm hopeful we'll see King of the Monsters soon!

#13106 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Every time I’ve felt that way about a game I’ve owned, I’ve turned around and sold it. If I don’t like it, I don’t want it in my house.

Yeah, it won't be sticking around I'm pretty sure.

Wade

#13107 1 year ago

Happy National Pinball Day!

IMG_3083 (resized).JPGIMG_3083 (resized).JPG
#13108 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I was in the middle of a game and the sound went bad. After troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to the woofer. The sound is awful-choppy/cloudy/distorted. I changed the speaker with another one I had on hand in a different game. Same issue. I traced the line back to the white board in the backbox (yellow/black & yellow/white) into CN4 on the board in the backbox. I re-seated the connection…same issue. Did the board go out on me? Anyone experience this on any spike 2’s
Thanks

Quoted from billsgto:

Yes, my woofer sounded bad right out of the box and I swapped it with a good one like you, but no change. It's got to be on the board since there is nothing else in between. I put in a ticket and I'm waiting for a resolution.

Have you guys tried removing the speaker screen from under the cab speaker?

In some cases it will vibrate and make the speaker sound bad.

#13109 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thingiverse.com has a pretty neat Godzilla stencil, if you're interested...
[quoted image]

The issue with that design is, any small lines or fine detail would be lost and turned to visual clutter when mounted behind the honeycomb grill pattern.

Many people don't think about that and some sellers know that, but choose to deceive potential buyers by not showing their designs that are mounted behind the honeycomb grill. If you see a person selling a design, but they won't post a picture of what they look like actually mounted behind the grill from a player's distance away....assume they are going to look bad when mounted, because they probably will. I've seen unscrupulous sellers post pics of their new cool designs just setting on a table and will get 20+ thumbs ups.....then a buyers picture goes up showing what it actually looks like mounted and it's "crickets", because everyone is too nice to let them know it looks bad.

I liken it to the sellers that advertise their RGB sound controllers as being "interactive with the game".....yet they only show it in action during the shooter groove music or during the jukebox mode. As to not show how the light show is not going along with the music, but going with ALL of the games sounds. Making a chaos light show instead of anything anyone should call "interactive".

Anyway, from what I have seen, any design mounted behind the grill really needs to be bold and low detail as to not get lost in the honeycomb grill.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#13110 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Just need to level the pin, after leveling you will not have that problem.
Two days ago i moved my TOTAN from a place to another, and i didn't leveled it...
All balls grabbed by the genie went all sdtm, and the same for the bazar and one orbit.
Also happened the same to my mandalorian left orbit when it was out of level...

I don't think that's it as I've checked the level, and it did help with failed ramp shots. Not every good shot does it of course, but in particular the path on the right behind the pop bumper. I think they added a large bar there to try to get the ball to roll against the outer edge more consistently, but sometimes the ball has some bounce and it can come out of the side and go perfectly SDTM. So frustrating. So is the Magna Grab that doesn't hold the 3 balls for multiball start, about 50% of the time. There's no such thing as a "soft" plunge behind the pop, the ball just rattles all over the place and rolls onto the playfield unpredictably. I know, the ball is wild, but there are so many random events in this game that every time I play it, I wonder if the game is broken. After playing 4 or more of them... I know now that it's just the way Godzilla is.

Anyway, I'll hopefully trade it out in the near future. Would love to have an Iron Maiden instead!

Wade

#13111 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I did try that with no success, thanks for the recommendation though.

#13112 1 year ago

In the club Premium arrived today! No problems at all everything is working just the way it should. July 21 build date.

#13113 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

Hey guys, I have a problem that seems like a trough problem, but it always looks good whenever I test it. Should the oxygen destroyer ever start when a ball is in play? It keeps starting up and throwing another ball into play. Of course this sucks big time when it forces you to drain both balls and then the game is over. Seems like a malfunction to me.
Thanks,
Wade

Good news - it turns out the right outlane switch was registering once and then sticking. Played a dozen games on it with no issues of the Oxygen Destroyer starting when it shouldn't.

Wade

#13114 1 year ago

Well I got a pro but it's essentially a premium as I 3d printed toys, put in a shaker, subwoofer, and topper. I don't know why ppl are paying double for just a few features...

#13115 1 year ago
Quoted from Wade:

I don't think that's it as I've checked the level, and it did help with failed ramp shots. Not every good shot does it of course, but in particular the path on the right behind the pop bumper. I think they added a large bar there to try to get the ball to roll against the outer edge more consistently, but sometimes the ball has some bounce and it can come out of the side and go perfectly SDTM. So frustrating. So is the Magna Grab that doesn't hold the 3 balls for multiball start, about 50% of the time. There's no such thing as a "soft" plunge behind the pop, the ball just rattles all over the place and rolls onto the playfield unpredictably. I know, the ball is wild, but there are so many random events in this game that every time I play it, I wonder if the game is broken. After playing 4 or more of them... I know now that it's just the way Godzilla is.
Anyway, I'll hopefully trade it out in the near future. Would love to have an Iron Maiden instead!
Wade

So trade it already and stop the posts dissing the game!

#13116 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Got this topper idea from other pinsiders. Just installed mine. I used 4 blue post lights, 1 fire and 1 white underneath the figures. I also have spot lights pointing at the topper from both sides. I included an L bracket on the back to give it support.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!!!!

#13117 1 year ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

In the club Premium arrived today! No problems at all everything is working just the way it should. July 21 build date.

Dang Stern ships them quick once they are done

#13118 1 year ago

You can’t really compare the cost of a NIB LE for $11k versus a Premium for $9k. Realistically the price difference is closer to $6-7k w premiums still readily available. The LE features are not worth that IMO.

#13119 1 year ago

Hey Guys,
just joined the Club yesterday and I love it! Just got one question, more on the IC side. It´s a used GZ Pro with the IC-kit. So it has already a specific gameroom. How can I register the machine to my gameroom? On my NIB Mando it got there more or less automatically, but on this machine I can´t find any option on the machine or the Stern IC-Website where I can register it?
Can anybody help?
Thanks!

#13120 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey Guys,
just joined the Club yesterday and I love it! Just got one question, more on the IC side. It´s a used GZ Pro with the IC-kit. So it has already a specific gameroom. How can I register the machine to my gameroom? On my NIB Mando it got there more or less automatically, but on this machine I can´t find any option on the machine or the Stern IC-Website where I can register it?
Can anybody help?
Thanks!

You need to have the previous owner to un register the pin.

#13121 1 year ago
Quoted from 77CMG77:

Hey Guys,
Can anybody help?
Thanks!

Someone posted back a bit that GZ can be unregistered from the game itself, but you must have one of the more recent code updates as that feature was added and not present from the beginning.

#13122 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can’t really compare the cost of a NIB LE for $11k versus a Premium for $9k. Realistically the price difference is closer to $6-7k w premiums still readily available. The LE features are not worth that IMO.

It’s really three different decisions and your post makes it clear why at msrp an LE is the easy choice if you can get one. It will pretty much always give you more than your 2k back in the future. A market price LE vs an msrp prem is a different decision because it’s a much bigger gap. You’ll probably still get most of your money back on either in the future and for some it’s worth tying up the extra funds for the backglass etc.. When both prem and LE are hot like Godzilla it’s a really tough call if you don’t want to wait… I went with the LE but with how many they made and the high cost it was a tough choice. STh is another game like this where so far I’m sticking with the pro because both the prem and LE prices are very high.

#13123 1 year ago

I just did my first full rage combo (After 750 games or so) Maybe the only one I ever get (considering I am probably less than 1% at getting a tail whip off a loop), so I just wanted to say how fun and exhilarating that was and how rewarding it felt with the 1x DJ and lighting the DJ

#13124 1 year ago

So is it possible/easy to remove the back box on a Stern, especially Godzilla? I'm limited for space so seeing about maybe putting it upstairs which is a pain already. But would be helpful for moving and future too if the backer box can be removed without a huge fuss.

#13125 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So is it possible/easy to remove the back box on a Stern, especially Godzilla? I'm limited for space so seeing about maybe putting it upstairs which is a pain already. But would be helpful for moving and future too if the backer box can be removed without a huge fuss.

Possible sure, advisable no. You'd have to remove the wiring from the back, remove the hinges... you know it folds down, right?

#13126 1 year ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Possible sure, advisable no. You'd have to remove the wiring from the back, remove the hinges... you know it folds down, right?

Hah yea I know, it's the extra weight and also the stairs have a sharp and smaller 90 degree turn which makes moving anything up stairs a minor nightmare. Furniture was bad, but 250lb+ Pinball machines... eek

#13127 1 year ago

Hah yea I know, it's the extra weight and also the stairs have a sharp and smaller 90 degree turn which makes moving anything up stairs a minor nightmare. Furniture was bad, but 250lb+ Pinball machines... eek

New house time.

#13128 1 year ago

Not a Stern but should be a pretty similar process.

#13129 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks! Yes, I removed it from touching and still had the issue. The problem is significant, the sounds going through the line is really bad.

#13130 1 year ago

Yes it's pretty easy on the Spike 2 games. Playfield comes out really easy too if you're just looking to reduce weight.

#13131 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Did you call and make a ticket direct with Stern or did you go through your distributor?

#13132 1 year ago

It's really easy to do - I move all my games with the head off because of a tight staircase with 180 degree turns. Spike 2 are the easiest heads to remove, by far. Total time it takes is under 20 minutes to remove and replace.

#13133 1 year ago

Yes, and it’s super easy. I have to remove the heads on my games to get them into my basement gameroom. I LOVE the new Stern Spike 2 games for this. Takes literally about 5 minutes to remove the head. Roughly 6 plugs to undo and 2 bolts. Presto, ready to move.

4B3E2FBA-EC67-4092-98D5-E7B6DC03370C (resized).jpeg4B3E2FBA-EC67-4092-98D5-E7B6DC03370C (resized).jpeg
#13134 1 year ago

Like others have already stated, super easy 6 to maybe 7 connections and hinge bolts and off you go. Real quick and real easy. Take pictures before doing so of the connections in-case you get stumped which you really shouldn't.

#13135 1 year ago

Yea that could help. Yea it's a sharp tight 90 degree turn as it's a 180 stairs. Downstairs is too tight for more games so my only option is to take it to my office upstairs and trying to figure out making it around the tight corner as it gets smaller towards the upper landing. So smaller profile and less weight would help a ton.

#13136 1 year ago

I have a very tight 180 on my stairway on the way to my basement. Head removal is the only way to get pins down these stairs and tight hallway with sharp turns.
688A70D9-C21F-40C1-A6B4-0D92CAA2B6A8 (resized).jpeg688A70D9-C21F-40C1-A6B4-0D92CAA2B6A8 (resized).jpeg69E7746D-843A-426A-A808-1701EB02A619 (resized).jpeg69E7746D-843A-426A-A808-1701EB02A619 (resized).jpeg

#13137 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I have a very tight 180 on my stairway on the way to my basement. Head removal is the only way to get pins down these stairs and tight hallway with sharp turns.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yea that looks just like my stairs just going upstairs instead.

#13138 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Did you call and make a ticket direct with Stern or did you go through your distributor?

You have to go through your distributor and have them make the warranty request. I tried going directly to Stern Support first and they directed me back to the distributor. It's been almost three weeks now and I'm still waiting to receive replacement parts.

#13139 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Yes, and it’s super easy. I have to remove the heads on my games to get them into my basement gameroom. I LOVE the new Stern Spike 2 games for this. Takes literally about 5 minutes to remove the head. Roughly 6 plugs to undo and 2 bolts. Presto, ready to move.[quoted image]

So it's really that easy huh? Does it take enough weight off to make it worth the while, even if you DON'T need to take the head off to make clearance etc? My NIB Pro will be here within the week, and i'd like to make the move to the basement as easy as possible. Only taken off wedgehead heads and a few early Bally SS

#13140 1 year ago

Weight reduction for moving couldn’t be easier on the new Sterns. You can remove any or all of the following in just a minute or two: backbox, glass, playfield. If you really want light weight, do all three and move the bare cabinet.

#13141 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Weight reduction for moving couldn’t be easier on the new Sterns. You can remove any or all of the following in just a minute or two: backbox, glass, playfield. If you really want light weight, do all three and move the bare cabinet.

Yup. Pretty easy. Just installed art blades on my Mando Premium and I pulled the playfield in like 2 minutes. Took more time for me to figure out where to put the playfield outside of the game than it did to remove it.

#13142 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

This is good to know. Hell, if I went this route I can probably move it myself without always having to call a buddy over

#13143 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I did this with my Rush in order to get it downstairs by myself. Only thing I noticed is the playfield is still heavy but also awkward to carry as there is no good place on the sides to get a real good grip.

#13144 1 year ago

Super simple. I take apart all my new games and haul them upstairs in 3 pieces by myself. That being said, I also took apart my 1978 Xwing fighter multiple times when I was a kid so I enjoy these types of puzzles...Honestly, new pin take apart mod install day is more fun than the first ball plunge for me. YMMV. I have a curved staircase so I literally drag the empty cab up the stairs one at a time.

Just take pictures and label everything that your unplugging with some electrician number tag tape or just some painters tape...Also makes it easy to install art blades, and other accessories while the cab is on the floor without the playfield
20220517_122631 (resized).jpg20220517_122631 (resized).jpg20220521_121317 (resized).jpg20220521_121317 (resized).jpg20220521_125411 (resized).jpg20220521_125411 (resized).jpg20220521_125448 (resized).jpg20220521_125448 (resized).jpg20220521_135124 (resized).jpg20220521_135124 (resized).jpg

20220802_141539 (resized).jpg20220802_141539 (resized).jpg
#13145 1 year ago

Yea that looks just like my stairs just going upstairs instead.

any chance you could just leave it in the box and have a friend or two help move it and then unbox

#13146 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

any chance you could just leave it in the box and have a friend or two help move it and then unbox

Not a chance. On my stairs, the clearance is about 28”. Stern + backbox is about 30”. Stern box is 31” square. Literally won’t fit. Barely fits with the cabinet (only) on an appliance dolly. I have to slide the dolly around the corner to gain clearance to rotate it 180 degrees to continue moving.

#13147 1 year ago

Does the premium come with a shaker? If not which do I buy?

#13148 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Does the premium come with a shaker? If not which do I buy?

It does not.

Buy one that is manufactured by Stern.

#13149 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It does not.
Buy one that is manufactured by Stern.

All my games have shakers. Both Stern and Pinball Life versions (rev C). I prefer the Pinball Life version. It's not only cheaper, I think the shaker effect is smoother and not as harsh. YMMV. Good luck.

#13150 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

You can remove any or all of the following in just a minute or two: backbox, glass, playfield.

When I pull the playfield for weight, I put the glass back in when I move it. It adds a couple pounds, but keeps the cabinet square.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
The Electric Playground

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Gloucester, VA
$ 210.00
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 552.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.