PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 548.
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

The situation was (and is) that my game works but will not update.
On May 31 Stern agreed to replace my CPU board. Then a slow grind began between Stern and my distributor. Finally, on June 28, Stern issued a warranty replacement order for a new CPU. That’s where things stand now, a month later. Stern service keeps telling me I’ll hear from their parts department, but it never happens.

their parts dept is...not quick. however, if you've waited more than a month, i'd follow up for an ETA.

#13002 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:their parts dept is...not quick. however, if you've waited more than a month, i'd follow up for an ETA.

if node boards are the production bottleneck as some expect, why would any node boards make their way to the parts dept for a game thats already sold, when it could go into a new $8000 machine??

#13003 1 year ago

I’ve had my premium since may and I really enjoy this pin.
However I have a small issue that became quite noticeable when the « Monster Zero » and « Terror of Mechagodzilla » modes were introduced. Whenever the building is in the 1st floor position (i.e. fully up) and the ball is ejected from the VUK, it stays stuck between the fourth floor building guide and the right edge of the load ramp behind the building (see the pictures from 3 different angles with and without the ball).
As I said, each time either mini wizard mode starts the ball stays stuck there until the ball search lowers the building. It looks like the gap between the ball guide and the edge of the ramp is too narrow.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there an adjustement I can make to resolve this?

4A4CA446-CF1E-45A9-B0C8-7A32D6C487CF (resized).jpeg4A4CA446-CF1E-45A9-B0C8-7A32D6C487CF (resized).jpeg7FEFA7C1-CA0C-4DDF-96AE-2971121AB7B2 (resized).jpeg7FEFA7C1-CA0C-4DDF-96AE-2971121AB7B2 (resized).jpegBFC5D1D5-EDC8-4EDC-A53F-170AD83989BF (resized).jpegBFC5D1D5-EDC8-4EDC-A53F-170AD83989BF (resized).jpeg
#13004 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

if node boards are the production bottleneck as some expect, why would any node boards make their way to the parts dept for a game thats already sold, when it could go into a new $8000 machine??

Perhaps, but you'd think they would say so. The limited communication I've received hasn't mentioned any delays or parts shortages.

#13005 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen this discussed, but in ~1000 games played I've never had this happen - even though that is my goto plunge shot.

Mine has never worked and I don't even try for it anymore. The bail above the upper left flipper isn't wide enough and the ball passes thru the slot without recording it.

#13006 1 year ago

Hello everyone I got to play some Gdz prem today on location while I continue to wait for mine. I set a new PB just a tick under 700 million felt great but it said I qualified monster zero but I couldn't figure out how to start it??? Also got that oxygen destroyer for the first time that was fun choking on too...pun intended..lol! Such a cool game!

#13007 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Hello everyone I got to play some Gdz prem today on location while I continue to wait for mine. I set a new PB just a tick under 700 million felt great but it said I qualified monster zero but I couldn't figure out how to start it??? Also got that oxygen destroyer for the first time that was fun choking on too...pun intended..lol! Such a cool game!

You have to land a clean shot through the center building to start it when it's lit. It won't be open if you have a Kaiju battle, or possibly another mode going on.

#13008 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

You have to land a clean shot through the center building to start it when it's lit. It won't be open if you have a Kaiju battle, or possibly another mode going on.

Yes I figured I shot at the building when in doubt but I probably drained while frantically looking for the insert or like you said I could've had something else running but I'll get it next time with this knowledge I appreciate it!

#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yes I figured I shot at the building when in doubt but I probably drained while frantically looking for the insert or like you said I could've had something else running but I'll get it next time with this knowledge I appreciate it!

You qualify it by getting the super in GZ mb. You still need to get to the level 4 power up and collect. it at the scoop. Did you select “light monster zero” for your level 4 power up? If not, then that is why you didn’t see anything on the playfield.

#13010 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You qualify it by getting the super in GZ mb. You still need to get to the level 4 power up and collect. it at the scoop. Did you select “light monster zero” for your level 4 power up? If not, then that is why you didn’t see anything on the playfield.

Ah OK I'm not even sure I got to level 4 last I remember was level 3. I may have been in a multiball and looked at the screen to read I qualified it. So issentually then I bet all I did was get a super in Gz mb and got all giddy..haha

#13011 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

However I have a small issue that became quite noticeable when the « Monster Zero » and « Terror of Mechagodzilla » modes were introduced. Whenever the building is in the 1st floor position (i.e. fully up) and the ball is ejected from the VUK, it stays stuck between the fourth floor building guide and the right edge of the load ramp behind the building (see the pictures from 3 different angles with and without the ball).
As I said, each time either mini wizard mode starts the ball stays stuck there until the ball search lowers the building. It looks like the gap between the ball guide and the edge of the ramp is too narrow.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there an adjustement I can make to resolve this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m having trouble figuring out how that ball is getting stuck, but you can adjust the exact height of the building in each of its positions. So, perhaps play with that a bit in settings and see if it helps.

#13012 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m having trouble figuring out how that ball is getting stuck, but you can adjust the exact height of the building in each of its positions. So, perhaps play with that a bit in settings and see if it helps.

I have tried moving the first floor position up and down as much as possible in the service menu but with no positive effect.
If you look at the picture below, the gap between the ball guide on the fourth floor (part #535-2576-00 in the manual) and the edge of the back ramp (part #511-5808-00) is about 2,5cm (slightly less than an inch) which is less than the diameter of the ball. It does look like either the ball guide is too much to the right or the ramp is too much to the left. I’d be curious to see what that area looks like on a working pin and what that gap measures.
AAC4D7BB-2BD1-413C-A605-3C8078E94322 (resized).jpegAAC4D7BB-2BD1-413C-A605-3C8078E94322 (resized).jpeg

#13013 1 year ago

Can someone remind me how to start terror? I've had it lit, and can't remember how to light it and activate. Thx

#13014 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Has anyone experienced this? Is there an adjustement I can make to resolve this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine does this as well. I’ll be diving into solving this next week.

#13015 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can someone remind me how to start terror? I've had it lit, and can't remember how to light it and activate. Thx

Shoot through the building when no other modes that affect the building are active.

#13016 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Is it possible the building is not square to the playfield? Does the building have any adjustment or does it just fit into the game? I have not looked at mine. But maybe I will to help.

#13017 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

1) Adjust leg levelers so the pitch is a minimum of 6.5 degrees
2) Adjust Building so the bottom floor entrance is level with the playfield. Follow instructions in the manual.
3) If both 1 & 2 are adjusted correctly, adjust ramp height.

#13018 1 year ago

Just had my first billion point game. I’m finally feeling like I’m getting into the groove of this game, getting better at the shots and understanding the scoring strategies more. Great fun!

CBD23D27-9E20-4C4A-8294-C8D096603188 (resized).jpegCBD23D27-9E20-4C4A-8294-C8D096603188 (resized).jpeg

#13019 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just had my first billion point game. I’m finally feeling like I’m getting into the groove of this game, getting better at the shots and understanding the scoring strategies more. Great fun!
[quoted image]

Sick! 283M is about as good as i can do right now.

#13020 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Mine does this as well. I’ll be diving into solving this next week.

Lounge I was able to fix the issue. Chances are the same steps might help you fix yours.

Quoted from phs4real:

1) Adjust leg levelers so the pitch is a minimum of 6.5 degrees
2) Adjust Building so the bottom floor entrance is level with the playfield. Follow instructions in the manual.
3) If both 1 & 2 are adjusted correctly, adjust ramp height.

This pitch of the playfield is fine. It turns out as though the first floor was level with the playfield, the building was however ever so slightly leaning on the right (barely noticeable). Looking at the manual on page #66 shows two bolts under the playfield that can be adjusted to correct the building angle. Unscrewing the one corresponding to the bottom left corner of the building made it lean slightly more to the left and forward which in turn had the effect to widen the gap between the fourth floor ball guide and the back ramp. Now the ball can pass through the building when coming from the back ramp.

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Lounge I was able to fix the issue. Chances are the same steps might help you fix yours.

This pitch of the playfield is fine. It turns out as though the first floor was level with the playfield, the building was however ever so slightly leaning on the right (barely noticeable). Looking at the manual on page #66 shows two bolts under the playfield that can be adjusted to correct the building angle. Unscrewing the one corresponding to the bottom left corner of the building made it lean slightly more to the left and forward which in turn had the effect to widen the gap between the fourth floor ball guide and the back ramp. Now the ball can pass through the building when coming from the back ramp.

Nice fix!

#13022 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Here's mine. The lane guide looks to be all one piece.
[quoted image]

Hence my argument for a full Playfield Protector day 1. Its about 145 shipped and a day to install, but so worth it.

#13023 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Quoted from bouvrais:

Well done!
Step one building adjustment is to level with playfield right & left using adjustment nuts under playfield while keeping close to level with playfield surface as possible. Step two use building stepper bias adjustment to fine tune up & down position so ball rolls both into and out of building smoothly.

#13024 1 year ago

I printed an image, cut out with scissors and painted black. Can anyone cut a plastic gz image to better match the skyline? Happy to pay

20220730_201634 (resized).jpg20220730_201634 (resized).jpg20220730_201639 (resized).jpg20220730_201639 (resized).jpg
#13025 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I printed an image, cut out with scissors and painted black. Can anyone cut a plastic gz image to better match the skyline? Happy to pay
[quoted image][quoted image]

As fate would have it, I'm working on something that just might work for you. I have a friend that does commercial grade customization and printing. We will be trying black vinyl attached to a clear piece of acetate that can simply be sandwiched between the diffuser and the speaker foam. The design we will be doing is a Godzilla in a similar pose as you have pictured, although a little smaller for left speaker and a King Ghidorah silhouette facing Godzilla for the right. I'll keep you in the loop if they end up working the way I hope they do. Should be simple and inexpensive to reproduce.

#13026 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did similar (printed in black and black sharpie on the rear) just on a much smaller scale.

IMG_2940 (resized).JPGIMG_2940 (resized).JPG
#13027 1 year ago

I installed 1956PINHEAD aluminum flippers and bushings in my Godzilla Premium late last weekend and getting some play on them today. Really liking the setup and think they look great as well! Nice, solid feeling and seem to be a little more powerful than regular plastic flippers.

Here's a couple minutes of play showing the Precision Flip flippers and bushings in action.

7.0° playfield pitch, cleaned and waxed, each flipper power set to 5 LESS than default.

DIY Flipper Coil Fans

Mecha Godzilla Multiball

#13028 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:Thing is this happened like a light switch was suddenly thrown. Played earlier in the afternoon the day the update came out and the magnet was good for all shots including clean shots through from the left flipper. Installed new code and the magnet wasn't catching well in the first game with new code and my first clean shot through from the left flipper had pretty much no magnet effect at all when it should have been swooped into the left ramp lane. It's definitely a code issue.

This is exactly what happened to my game as well. I hope they fix what they changed in the last update.

#13029 1 year ago

Hello, in the battle against titanosaurus after the maser shoot, there is " shot the captive ball" where is the captive ball? Its the magna grab?
thanks

#13030 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello, in the battle against titanosaurus after the maser shoot, there is " shot the captive ball" where is the captive ball? Its the magna grab?
thanks

Yes.

#13031 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

As fate would have it, I'm working on something that just might work for you. I have a friend that does commercial grade customization and printing. We will be trying black vinyl attached to a clear piece of acetate that can simply be sandwiched between the diffuser and the speaker foam. The design we will be doing is a Godzilla in a similar pose as you have pictured, although a little smaller for left speaker and a King Ghidorah silhouette facing Godzilla for the right. I'll keep you in the loop if they end up working the way I hope they do. Should be simple and inexpensive to reproduce.

Please let me know when done

Quoted from awesome1:

I did similar (printed in black and black sharpie on the rear) just on a much smaller scale.
[quoted image]

Looks much better than mine,

#13032 1 year ago
Quoted from bouvrais:

Sweet - thanks for posting this!

#13033 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks awesome!!!!
Both kind of have that "hazy" look and the pics would suggest the building/skyline and GDZ look similar in that haziness....I for one really like that effect, seems more elusive. I vote to leave it be, but wouldn't blame you getting a plastic, but it looks pretty dope as is.

#13034 1 year ago

Cheap, simple and effective... my favorite kind of mod!

Red frosted 10 SMD LED strip from comet placed under the arch, really helps add to the dramatic GI light changing effect on Godzilla!

IMG_3035 (resized).JPGIMG_3035 (resized).JPGScreenshot 2022-07-31 115129 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-31 115129 (resized).jpg
#13035 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Still trying to figure out a good color for powder coating my Godzilla premium. Potentially ice blue with a silver flake, green sparkle or some type of red. Thoughts? My friend mocked this light blue with photo shop. Thoughts?

Bumping this post up! Did you ever get your trim powder coated? Trying to figure out a color as well. The LE's silver and the silver vein others have done looks great, but I tend to prefer colors myself. Considering different shades of blue.

#13036 1 year ago

Anyone can tell me how wide the back box is on the pro? Or are all the models the same width of back box? Trying to figure out space for possibly picking up a Pro locally but I have to make sure I can fit it where I think it would live first. Just got a Halloween recently and was surprised that is was a good 2" wider than alot of my older machines.

#13037 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Anyone can tell me how wide the back box is on the pro? Or are all the models the same width of back box? Trying to figure out space for possibly picking up a Pro locally but I have to make sure I can fit it where I think it would live first. Just got a Halloween recently and was surprised that is was a good 2" wider than alot of my older machines.

Pro premium or LE , all are the same size
H: 75 1/2 ", W: 27 ", D: 55"
Weight: 250lbs

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Pro premium or LE , all are the same size
H: 75 1/2 ", W: 27 ", D: 55"
Weight: 250lbs

27", excellent, thank you!

#13039 1 year ago

27", excellent, thank you!

the info am giving is the official on the stern site, am not at home to double check it.

#13040 1 year ago

Trying to adjust the building stepper motor upper limit, but when I put the building test into “adjust” mode instead of “move” mode, my flipper buttons don’t do anything (contrary to expectation from the key post on this issue).

The reason to adjust it is my building seems to stop rising before it hits the upper switch (I think). The building stops going up, but (as far as I can diagnose it), because the upper switch doesn’t get triggered, the motor keeps going indefinitely. So basically whenever I have playfield power on, my building motor is grinding away to try to lift the building higher but without moving the building. No good!

This issue just started. I fortunately had no problems for approximately two months / many hundred games. Then this all of a sudden.

Weirdly, even though the building isn’t hitting the upper switch, the building’s “floor” (the metal surface that’s supposed to be flush with the playfield for the ball to roll over, between the rubber pads, to get to the u-turn for the right side of the magnet) is going higher than the playfield.

When I have the playfield open/up fully for under-playfield service, I can trigger the building’s upper switch with my finger, which gets the building motor to lower the building and the motor to stop. So I suspect that the switch isn’t bad. Plus I can see that the building hasn’t gone high enough to contact the switch, and I can get my finger in there to close the switch.

I hope I explained all of this in a way that someone who can help can understand? But maybe the main question is why my flipper buttons don’t adjust the building in adjust mode. The coin door service buttons don’t do it either.

Should I be trying the #98 bias adjustment instead? If so, which direction should I adjust the bias?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

#13041 1 year ago

I guess the other question I would have, is Pro still a solid enough and fun game? The elements of the Prem are too good and important for the game or is it strong enough to stick with a pro unit? The price jump is a lot and just paid big for another machine so kinda need to cut back slightly.

#13042 1 year ago

I guess the other question I would have, is Pro still a solid enough and fun game? The elements of the Prem are too good and important for the game or is it strong enough to stick with a pro unit? The price jump is a lot and just paid big for another machine so kinda need to cut back slightly.

The pro is better than the overwhelming majority of pinball machines ever made.

#13043 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

+100 to this take.

#13044 1 year ago

I think the Godzilla pro is better than any other flipper ever made pro or premium or LE .
I have a premium, but now that i already saw the building going down lot's of times, i honestly would not miss if there was not building moving, and there is an amazing mod for the building for the PRO version.
I don't regret having a premium instead of a pro, but now after one month of having a premium, i would be ok having a pro.

#13045 1 year ago

This is the answer that should be given whenever this question is asked.

#13046 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

This is the answer that should be given whenever this question is asked.

Most people are not asking "is the pro worth getting" but 'hey I know Godzilla is the highest rated pinball out there. Should I get pro or premium"..

Yes the pro is great..but if you can spring for the premium, I think I've only seen like 1 person ever say the was better, and never a premium owner regret their decision..

#13047 1 year ago

Hey guys, I have a problem that seems like a trough problem, but it always looks good whenever I test it. Should the oxygen destroyer ever start when a ball is in play? It keeps starting up and throwing another ball into play. Of course this sucks big time when it forces you to drain both balls and then the game is over. Seems like a malfunction to me.

Thanks,
Wade

#13048 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Most people are not asking "is the pro worth getting" but 'hey I know Godzilla is the highest rated pinball out there. Should I get pro or premium"..
Yes the pro is great..but if you can spring for the premium, I think I've only seen like 1 person ever say the was better, and never a premium owner regret their decision..

Yes. Most Stern Pro are the same fun as premium/LE. Some pros are even better because of flow. Just missing some eye-catcher like Dino eats balls on JP etc...

On godzilla the moving building changes game layout. It's Elwins first pin I think you have to go premium/le and the pro is too much downgraded. Godzilla pro is a very good pin anyway, but...

#13049 1 year ago

I’d skip Godzilla entirely if you haven’t already bought one. I own one and I think it’s seriously overrated. I’ve played several GZ now, and they all have the same issues of rattly launches, SDTM drains after perfectly placed shots, magnet only does what it should about 30% of the time, etc. I spent some time on a friend’s JP the other day and was reminded how much better that game is, there’s no comparison.

Wade

#13050 1 year ago

Anyone with a Premium or LE on location care to chime in with the reliability of the building and MechaGodzilla mechs after thousands and thousands of plays?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.