PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 548.
#12951 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I think it looks really good. Tell us how you would do a topper since you think this one sucks. Outside of a Godzilla head like the BKSOR topper, what would you do that would not be redundant or use ANY artwork from the playfield or cabinet? Any use from it would be considered redundant.
Those who can not create art judge art. Just saying.

Someone actually asked for opinions. Then someone gave theirs. And I guess you didn’t like that they did. So weird!

#12952 1 year ago

I just got a Godzilla Premium a month ago. First stern. I like it a lot. How does the JP Premium compare? Worth getting if it comes up?

#12953 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just got a Godzilla Premium a month ago. First stern. I like it a lot. How does the JP Premium compare? Worth getting if it comes up?

Absolutely. I’ve owned a lot of games. JP is near the top for me. Sold it once and had to have it back.

My $.02

#12954 1 year ago

Just jamming out !

15AD82AA-1840-4506-9CE7-662DDC6C35B1 (resized).jpeg15AD82AA-1840-4506-9CE7-662DDC6C35B1 (resized).jpeg
#12955 1 year ago

I had JP for a little while and it was fun, but I think there are better modern games to choose from. If you have an arcade nearby you might want to play a variety of games before you lay down 9k.

#12956 1 year ago

Its usually my first go to when I go to the location near me. And he has most of the new stuff. Its fast and fun.

#12957 1 year ago

Every night I try to level my Godzilla for a few minutes. I use the PinGuy app. All the legs are in the green but something is always just slightly off. Like the right lane by mechagodzilla is supposed to "mostly " shoot out to the left flipper when coming from the top correct? I say it does maybe once in 10 times. the little bumpers by the right outlanes always catch the ball then it just bounces around and whatnot. And I'm not sure about this one so don't kill me but when you fully plunge the ball is it supposed to go to the top left flipper and around to the spinner? If I fully plunge it nails the magnet by the building every time. Just curious.

#12958 1 year ago

Your game is playing properly. The feed from mech is always wild. Perfect speed ones may hit the left flipper, or they may not.

#12959 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You game is playing properly. The feed from mech is always wild. Perfect speed ones may hit the left flipper, or they may not.

Ok, thanks man! Great vids on YouTube BTW! just started watching some.

#12960 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Every night I try to level my Godzilla for a few minutes. I use the PinGuy app. All the legs are in the green but something is always just slightly off. Like the right lane by mechagodzilla is supposed to "mostly " shoot out to the left flipper when coming from the top correct? I say it does maybe once in 10 times. the little bumpers by the right outlanes always catch the ball then it just bounces around and whatnot. And I'm not sure about this one so don't kill me but when you fully plunge the ball is it supposed to go to the top left flipper and around to the spinner? If I fully plunge it nails the magnet by the building every time. Just curious.

To the upper flipper and spinner is a skill shot, so it's not supposed to be a easy to hit plunge.

#12961 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The plunge is a skill shot and varies on both the manual and auto, however, you can tweak the lip of the rail just slightly, I would start by loosening it and then pushing upward while tightening the bolt from below again. You could also give it a slight bend to help the ball, "ski jump" over the bumper a little bit better... It won't clear every time, but with a smooth acceleration down the rail, you should see the ball just clear that bumper to the flipper. This is the dialing in process that makes a good game a great game and a great game an amazing game. Human factors and assembly put the machine together, if it's your machine, I say tweak it to your liking withing steering too far from designer intent

#12962 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

You could also give it a slight bend to help the ball, "ski jump" over the bumper a little bit better... It won't clear every time, but with a smooth acceleration down the rail, you should see the ball just clear that bumper to the flipper.

I was actually thinking about that last night and looking on how to do it. Could it be as simple as using a pair of plyers and adjusting the lip up slightly?

#12963 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139828
For anyone with the pro who wants to upgrade from their flat plastic Godzilla but still keep the stern vibe alive my GZ figure from the premium is available.

IMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpgIMG_20220716_081642108 (resized).jpg
#12964 1 year ago

I replaced the red flasher, seems to fit the GZ theme better I think

20220728_091501 (resized).jpg20220728_091501 (resized).jpg20220728_091546 (resized).jpg20220728_091546 (resized).jpg20220728_091759 (resized).jpg20220728_091759 (resized).jpg20220728_091801 (resized).jpg20220728_091801 (resized).jpg
#12965 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I used a caliper(depth gauge slide) to measure the distance of the plunger at the base and near the tip to the cabinet wall to make sure it’s as straight as possible. It was off by just a few hundredths of an inch. I was able to manually bend it slightly to straighten it out as any shimming would be too much. Now I’m able to fairly consistently get that ball past mecha and towards the left flipper. My pro never had this issue. I think the rotating defense shield spinner creates an additional thing for the ball to catch on.

#12966 1 year ago

I installed the Precision Flip flippers and bushings from 1956PINHEAD over the weekend, so I don't have too many games on them yet, but man these aluminum flippers look pretty sweet on my Godzilla!

Quality and functionality are top notch - I had to turn DOWN the flipper power a little! I like to keep my playfields cleaned and waxed and playing very fast.

Fairly easy install and if you have ever changed flippers before you know it can be a pain to get them lined up properly. That's an added benefit of these as the flipper is separate from the shaft and alignment is adjustable from the topside.

IMG_3023 (resized).JPGIMG_3023 (resized).JPG
#12967 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

For anyone with the pro who wants to upgrade from their flat plastic Godzilla but still keep the stern vibe alive my GZ figure from the premium is available.
[quoted image]

This could be the best topper I've seen.

#12968 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I installed the Precision Flip flippers and bushings from 1956PINHEAD over the weekend.
[quoted image]

That looks really good.

#12969 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I replaced the red flasher, seems to fit the GZ theme better I think
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nooooooo, Not the red flasher!

Lol, I like it!

#12970 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

[quoted image]

Great minds think alike:

BE2DFD76-1EB0-4409-B66B-A4252045BF1A (resized).jpegBE2DFD76-1EB0-4409-B66B-A4252045BF1A (resized).jpeg
#12971 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Great minds think alike:[quoted image]

Cool sculpts you have, did you hot glue the pinballs or,,?

#12972 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cool sculpts you have, did you hot glue the pinballs or,,?

Might be a 3D printed holder. Mr_Tantrum here on Pinside made the STL file and stuck it up on thingiverse.com

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3269881

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12973 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Might be a 3D printed holder. Mr_Tantrum here on Pinside made the STL file and stuck it up on thingiverse.com
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3269881[quoted image]

Yep it's a 3 d printed holder underneath the balls. No glue. I think it came from shapeways.

#12974 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep it's a 3 d printed holder underneath the balls. No glue. I think it came from shapeways.

I think Titan Pinball also sells the holder. Or at least they had some at TPF this year.

#12975 1 year ago

#12976 1 year ago

I don’t get the delay on stern toppers. Needs done with game design. Sterns leaving money on the table with these custom toppers from people not wanting to wait. Jjp creates the ce topper with the game release.

#12977 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I don’t get the delay on stern toppers. Needs done with game design. Sterns leaving money on the table with these custom toppers from people not wanting to wait. Jjp creates the ce topper with the game release.

i've yet to see a topper NOT sell out, regardless of delay...they know people are going to buy them, no matter what

#12978 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i've yet to see a topper NOT sell out, regardless of delay...they know people are going to buy them, no matter what

And I'm one of those fools

#12979 1 year ago

Here is my Topper.. I don't care what Stern puts out.. I've already made up my mind and I quite like how it looks.

It's fully programmable, works on the same tech as Pinstadium lights even works with the same app. I currently have it cycle breathing between blue and green.

Here is a video of it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgH8EJJDK72pTqEC8

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12980 1 year ago

Ok, that GZ topper is epic. I'll be the first to ask, where did you source this?

#12981 1 year ago

The top of this upcoming pachinko machine would make for a cool topper.

FB_IMG_1658961312743 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1658961312743 (resized).jpg
#12982 1 year ago

The two best pinball machines made IMO.

#12983 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

…I use the PinGuy app…

There’s your first mistake. That app is a piece of crap. You might as well use the bubble level. Spend the $25 measly dollars and get this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NPJGL0

#12984 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Ok, that GZ topper is epic. I'll be the first to ask, where did you source this?

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-kaiju-lezard-king-170534

You can find it all over Etsy, too, in various sizes, and in various stages of completion (unpainted/painted).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1021158463/godzilla-dinosaur-statue-big-3d-printed

It's a cool sculpt, to be sure, but it's not even close to representing anything from the Shōwa era which the pin is based on.

#12985 1 year ago

Another satisfied MRS (Magnetic Reed Switch) replacement customer here. I was having the occasional issue where a slow moving ball over the switches near the pop wasn't registering. I replaced with the MRS switches from Sonic and they work perfectly 100% of the time.

Install was straight-forward and the instructions here detail it step-by-step:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/91#post-6838283

Highly recommended if you're having that issue.

IMG_4387 (resized).jpegIMG_4387 (resized).jpeg
#12986 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

There’s your first mistake. That app is a piece of crap. You might as well use the bubble level. Spend the $25 measly dollars and get this: amazon.com link »

Thanks for the link. Will do. Yeah I’ve been using that app for years and it never really “ felt right”.

#12987 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Absolutely. I’ve owned a lot of games. JP is near the top for me. Sold it once and had to have it back.
My $.02

i just did the same thing. had a JP:LE sold it a year ago, and just rejoined the club last week with a kick ass premium!! love the game and missed it dearly while it was missing from my collection.

#12988 1 year ago

JP will never leave my collection. Its not as smooth a shooter as GZ, but the game is just incredible. And i bet ill never beat the damn thing….

#12989 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks for the link. Will do. Yeah I’ve been using that app for years and it never really “ felt right”.

The app is generally “good enough”, but calibrating it is difficult, and a lot of phones aren’t physically level themselves, which makes things feel a little off. If you’re used to playing on location, you kind of get used to things not being level, but it’s obviously better to play the game the way it was designed

#12990 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I bought it from this Etsy vendor. It came already painted and hooked up with the lighting.. Came all the way from Spain.

Unfortunately I don't see them selling anything atm.. I'd message them and see if they still have plans to sell it.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DreamsFederation?ref=view_receipt

Regardless of the comment that the statue and PIN are from different Era's.. it's cool as fuck and so detailed. I've not had one person that has played it at my home say.. Oh that statue doesn't make sense.. When it's lit and breathing.. it looks super cool. I also got the Godzilla sign from etsy.

#12991 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I bought it from this Etsy vendor. It came already painted and hooked up with the lighting.. Came all the way from Spain.
Unfortunately I don't see them selling anything atm.. I'd message them and see if they still have plans to sell it.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DreamsFederation?ref=view_receipt
Regardless of the comment that the statue and PIN are from different Era's.. it's cool as fuck and so detailed. I've not had one person that has played it at my home say.. Oh that statue doesn't make sense.. When it's lit and breathing.. it looks super cool. I also got the Godzilla sign from etsy.

Cost?

#12992 1 year ago

I think it was $400 or so. Still cheaper than the $600 plastic that Stern will probably sell and this one comes with a very cool light show.

#12993 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Another satisfied MRS (Magnetic Reed Switch) replacement customer here. I was having the occasional issue where a slow moving ball over the switches near the pop wasn't registering. I replaced with the MRS switches from Sonic and they work perfectly 100% of the time.
Install was straight-forward and the instructions here detail it step-by-step:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/91#post-6838283
Highly recommended if you're having that issue.
[quoted image]

So I've noticed recently that when I try to do a soft plunge skill shot.. Sometimes It won't register. I checked the switch however and it seems to work all the time.. so I wondered if the latest update messed up the code or change the rules for the skill shot to register. Did anyone also notice their soft plunges weren't registering? Sometimes when this light is red, and you have to hit it. The ball passes through and it doesn't make the red go away.. I wondered if maybe it needs to be hit twice.. I forgot what mode or feature makes the light turn red to get this activated or points given.. but hoping someone else can chime in.. It's all possible I just have a faulty switch and I'd be willing to install these magnetic switches to fix the problem. Thanks.

#12994 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

So I've noticed recently that when I try to do a soft plunge skill shot.. Sometimes It won't register. I checked the switch however and it seems to work all the time.. so I wondered if the latest update messed up the code or change the rules for the skill shot to register. Did anyone also notice their soft plunges weren't registering? Sometimes when this light is red, and you have to hit it. The ball passes through and it doesn't make the red go away.. I wondered if maybe it needs to be hit twice.. I forgot what mode or feature makes the light turn red to get this activated or points given.. but hoping someone else can chime in.. It's all possible I just have a faulty switch and I'd be willing to install these magnetic switches to fix the problem. Thanks.

This is precisely the issue that the switches solve. It's not the the switch is faulty, per se, just that the ball isn't rolling over it with enough speed to get it to activate.

AFAIK, the rules haven't changed...

#12995 1 year ago

Anyone do anything yet for the skill shot to the "imposter battle" switch? Always pisses me off when i make the shot but it goes below the switch.

In these two posts:
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/122
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/123
It seems like KME is suggesting there's going to be a "fix" but I don't know what that would be code wise, unless the spinner also counts for the shot

that post was a long time ago too, so doesn't seem like they will actually do anything about it.

anyone know how i can source rods of suitable diameter to attempt to bend my own solution into shape? (or some other solution if someone has one)

#12996 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Anyone do anything yet for the skill shot to the "imposter battle" switch? Always pisses me off when i make the shot but it goes below the switch.
In these two posts:
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/122
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210/123
It seems like KME is suggesting there's going to be a "fix" but I don't know what that would be code wise, unless the spinner also counts for the shot
that post was a long time ago too, so doesn't seem like they will actually do anything about it.
anyone know how i can source rods of suitable diameter to attempt to bend my own solution into shape? (or some other solution if someone has one)

I've seen this discussed, but in ~1000 games played I've never had this happen - even though that is my goto plunge shot.

#12997 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen this discussed, but in ~1000 games played I've never had this happen - even though that is my goto plunge shot.

It happens on a slow roll thru on mine. Not often, but a handful of times in 800 game's. Makes me mad, Especially when I do hit the 2nd half of that skill shot.

#12998 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Man. Happens to me at least 1 in 10 times. Happened to me twice today. I have found a lot of times if i hit the upper part of the flipper I can hit the flipper and roll it over. But that's not the only time it happens

#12999 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

It looks like my circuit board is bad. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cant-update-stern-code-got-129-but-recognises-code-on-memory-stick Apparently this is an uncommon issue. I'll take it up with Stern. Thanks to all who responded.

The situation was (and is) that my game works but will not update.

On May 31 Stern agreed to replace my CPU board. Then a slow grind began between Stern and my distributor. Finally, on June 28, Stern issued a warranty replacement order for a new CPU. That’s where things stand now, a month later. Stern service keeps telling me I’ll hear from their parts department, but it never happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/260?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.