PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 548.
#1201 2 years ago

Thank you! Now will probably sell my GOTG pro with 1.06 code/cleland I decked out and just got in August.

#1202 2 years ago

They kind of blew past this slide with calculations for the Godzilla Prem/LE building (weights, force needed to lift, drag, bearing load, etc), but I love this kind of stuff, so I grabbed it.
godzilla building calculations (resized).jpggodzilla building calculations (resized).jpg

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They kind of blew past this slide with calculations for the Godzilla Prem/LE building (weights, force needed to lift, drag, bearing load, etc), but I love this kind of stuff, so I grabbed it.
[quoted image]

Some good old fashioned mechanical engineering…gotta love it. It’s not just ‘throw it together and see if it works’; it’s real engineering.

#1204 2 years ago

Godzilla is the King of pinball. Got my LE and I could not be happier. Game shoots amazing! Congratulations again to Keith and all the folks at Stern pinball.

Dxy6D-_XQAYdvAL (resized).jpgDxy6D-_XQAYdvAL (resized).jpg
#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

This is the best I could do. When I tried to take the picture directly overhead the glare was bad.
[quoted image]

Thanks a lot! I'll share a picture once it's finished

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Godzilla so far…but MM is also incredible. I have no nostalgic attachment to it, didn’t get into pinball until more recently. The theme, rules and flow of MM are top notch…I’ve played a lot of pins and MM deserves it spot to me. It’s easy enough to understand for a casual player to walk up and have fun, but deep enough for hard core enthusiast to enjoy mastering. That’s not taking anything away from Godzilla…I thinks it’s a bit to soon to officially crown it, but definitely think it’s possible for it to be eventually viewed as the pinnacle of pinball.

I hear you. It’s been number 1 for a reason. Just has never really impressed me.

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Godzilla so far…but MM is also incredible. I have no nostalgic attachment to it, didn’t get into pinball until more recently. The theme, rules and flow of MM are top notch…I’ve played a lot of pins and MM deserves it spot to me. It’s easy enough to understand for a casual player to walk up and have fun, but deep enough for hard core enthusiast to enjoy mastering. That’s not taking anything away from Godzilla…I thinks it’s a bit to soon to officially crown it, but definitely think it’s possible for it to be eventually viewed as the pinnacle of pinball.

Isn’t pinball 25 years later so much better??? I would hate to think modern pinball hasn’t done any better than an old game like MM in 25 years, with no new innovations and advancements. Would think MM could be in the top 20, but at the bottom of the top twenty. Code is so shallow, that decent players can literally blow through the game 2 or 3 times in one sitting. Modern games are so much deeper with top notch IPs. I doubt if MM were released today, that it would sell very well at all, with a no name IP, average artwork and such simple code. Remember MM was not aimed at home owners in the olden days, it was for locations where no one invested anything more than a few dollars at a time. The main thing it has going for it, is very strong nostalgia. Remakes might have sold decently, but again, because of strong nostalgia. Godzilla does circles around any old game made a quarter century long ago, with very old tech. Take anyone that knows nothing about pinball ancient lore and they’ll pick modern games with well known IPs over MM, AFM, or MB any day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, all those oldies were good in their day and still play well now, but we have advanced so far beyond the EM/DMD era, its not even close.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Isn’t pinball 25 years later so much better??? I would hate to think modern pinball hasn’t done any better than an old game like MM in 25 years, with no new innovations and advancements. Would think MM could be in the top 20, but at the bottom of the top twenty. Code is so shallow, that decent players can literally blow through the game 2 or 3 times in one sitting. Modern games are so much deeper with top notch IPs. I doubt if MM were released today, that it would sell very well at all, with a no name IP, average artwork and such simple code. Remember MM was not aimed at home owners in the olden days, it was for locations where no one invested anything more than a few dollars at a time. The main thing it has going for it, is very strong nostalgia. Remakes might have sold decently, but again, because of strong nostalgia. Godzilla does circles around any old game made a quarter century long ago, with very old tech. Take anyone that knows nothing about pinball ancient lore and they’ll pick modern games with well known IPs over MM, AFM, CC or MB any day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, all those oldies were good in their day and still play well now, but we have advanced so far beyond the EM/DMD era, its not even close.

I feel like all pinball is inherently shallow to a degree. Yes modern games are more complex and have more modes and scoring nuances… but at the end of the day you will see most a game has to offer after owning it for a few weeks. Yes some games are brutal and make some modes hard to access but that doesn’t mean they are deep, just hard.

MM has great humor, ambiance, call outs, design, art, flow and is fun for all. If Spooky can sell 1750 games in an hour without even showing gameplay I gaurantee you that a game of the quality and polish of MM would sell instantly. There is a reason those new to the hobby that don’t have nostalgia towards MM still gravitate towards and it and love it. The game is a masterpiece.

#1209 2 years ago

New pin comes out. People get all giggly over it and want to pet it and make it theirs. Oh my precious you are the best. Then 6 months later it falls into line with the rest of them. Good game, probably, so are most games on the top 100. Lots of good pinball out there. To call one the “best” is silly.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Godzilla is the King of pinball. Got my LE and I could not be happier. Game shoots amazing! Congratulations again to Keith and all the folks at Stern pinball.
[quoted image]

Long live King Godzilla!!

#1211 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to cycle through all the top records in the game?
ie: GC, and High Scores 1-5 are displayed in attract mode and can be cycled through using the flipper buttons.
What about "Most Consecutive Loops", and other achievements that the game records?

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Got the news my LE shipped. Pretty exciting to say the least. My first nib since Maiden and I thought I was done and on my way out of the hobby. My health returning made me really miss the hobby and even some of you.

I'm so happy you're doing better!

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Will these fit over the armor that comes on an LE?

YES

#1215 2 years ago

I should have asked in my other question, what about over pin stadium magnets?

#1216 2 years ago

Looks like even batman is Looking at The King in Awe.. LOL

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:Decided to go in on a pro. Played an LE today. For me the up-charge for a premium just not worth it. The pro was a blast and my daughters loved it.
The premium is cool and all, it’s just it didn’t add any play value for me. The flow on the pro just felt much better. The price increase on premiums really was the main deciding factor for me. $2300 is a lot more.
I was not thrilled with GZ but after playing it and seeing it in person I love it. Will go great next to my AIQ pro and eventually my JP3 premium when it ever ships.
I have a Godzilla toy ready to go. If anyone is looking for a pro lmk. Have a great distributor. Just message me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I should have asked in my other question, what about over pin stadium magnets?

Yes

#1218 2 years ago

Funny mecha-stucky this morning…

A4BD57EB-B8B2-4C53-9371-829DC4003B9E (resized).jpegA4BD57EB-B8B2-4C53-9371-829DC4003B9E (resized).jpeg
#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

New pin comes out. People get all giggly over it and want to pet it and make it theirs. Oh my precious you are the best. Then 6 months later it falls into line with the rest of them. Good game, probably, so are most games on the top 100. Lots of good pinball out there. To call one the “best” is silly.

Most of Elwin’s other games are regarded as some of the best ever already, so not that crazy to think that about Godzilla.

Many stern games aren’t well received when released but slowly get more fans with better code.

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

[quoted image]

Getting my LE Monday.

Do you think Zilla is better then JJP POTC?

Price wise could Zilla ever be the king?

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Getting my LE Monday.
Do you think Zilla is better then JJP POTC?
Price wise could Zilla ever be the king?

Hard to say as code is early on GZ. JJP POTC is great, but much of the value comes from how little were made. For the first year no one wanted it and LEs and CEs sat in boxes available. Then it became the machine to have.

My hunch is GZ will be a game that is better for me than Pirates, but Pirates will be worth more for resale because of rarity.

For my tastes, GZ will almost certainly have a better shooting layout than Pirates, and probably better code in the long run.

If you have a GZ LE it should hold value for sure, but I wouldn’t bank on it going to the moon. Might go up a few thousand at best. Who knows though, the entire pinball market is crazy right now!

#1222 2 years ago

My wallet was hoping this game would suck.
After whatching game play and reading through this thread I guess my wallet will hate me

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

My wallet was hoping this game would suck.
After whatching game play and reading through this thread I guess my wallet will hate me

probably not as much as my wife is going to hate me

#1224 2 years ago

Found a place for Mechagodzilla I got from Dwight's Feud without the family!!! After the seminars

20211031_110504 (resized).jpg20211031_110504 (resized).jpg
#1225 2 years ago

Just bought Godzilla and Mando LE’s. Hopefully will have in a week or so. Couldn’t resist after seeing Godzilla LE art and playing a ton of games.

I’m not one to be enamored with the latest & greatest, but do feel Godzilla is significantly better than Elwin’s other great games and probably the best, most enjoyable machine I’ve ever played.

#1226 2 years ago

Best callout in the game:

(In a deadpan newscaster voice)

"This just in..... super jackpot!"

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m not one to be enamored with the latest & greatest, but do feel Godzilla is significantly better than Elwin’s other great games and probably the best, most enjoyable machine I’ve ever played.

Exactly how I feel as well. Best game I ever played.

-Paul

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Best callout in the game:
(In a deadpan newscaster voice)
"This just in..... super jackpot!"

Good golly ms Molly…..

That voiceover guy killed it for stern

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good golly ms Molly…..
That voiceover guy killed it for stern

Yeah he did!

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

This blows my mind. Damn.

#1231 2 years ago

My mecha ramp sits slightly higher than the playfield resulting in airballs over mechagodzilla's head and shoulders. Looking at the assembly and lock nuts, I am not sure how to adjust the leveling height. Does anyone have any tips on this? Thank you.

20211031_124052 (resized).jpg20211031_124052 (resized).jpg
#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Isn’t pinball 25 years later so much better??? I would hate to think modern pinball hasn’t done any better than an old game like MM in 25 years, with no new innovations and advancements. Would think MM could be in the top 20, but at the bottom of the top twenty. Code is so shallow, that decent players can literally blow through the game 2 or 3 times in one sitting. Modern games are so much deeper with top notch IPs. I doubt if MM were released today, that it would sell very well at all, with a no name IP, average artwork and such simple code. Remember MM was not aimed at home owners in the olden days, it was for locations where no one invested anything more than a few dollars at a time. The main thing it has going for it, is very strong nostalgia. Remakes might have sold decently, but again, because of strong nostalgia. Godzilla does circles around any old game made a quarter century long ago, with very old tech. Take anyone that knows nothing about pinball ancient lore and they’ll pick modern games with well known IPs over MM, AFM, or MB any day of the week. Don’t get me wrong, all those oldies were good in their day and still play well now, but we have advanced so far beyond the EM/DMD era, its not even close.

Have you played a Godzilla? Or just going off videos and comments here?

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

I saw that too and wanted to ask him to go back but didn't want to seem out of place and stop their cadence thanks for catching the pic I wasn't fast enough on the draw... That panel had a lot of genius talent behind it. Wish I would have seen you there to thank you personally for all your contributions and for emptying my wallet so many times

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I saw that too and wanted to ask him to go back but didn't want to seem out of place and stop their cadence thanks for catching the pic I wasn't fast enough on the draw...

They'd probably lose the audience fast, but I totally wish they'd go deeper into the engineering side of things. I find it much more interesting than the software side of the development. I mean, it's PINBALL. Mechanical action is the name of the game.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Wish I would have seen you there to thank you personally for all your contributions and for emptying my wallet so many times

I appreciate the sentiment, but thank me for emptying your wallet?
animal-house-thank-you.gifanimal-house-thank-you.gif

#1235 2 years ago

Wow, Godzilla is fun. I was not interested in the title at all. I thought the old TV show was too campy for my tastes and the modern movies have been ho-humm at best, never read any related comics, so the theme/game was a strong pass for me. But not liking a theme is probably never going to stop me from playing a game at least once or twice. On the first play I was like, oh man this is fun with great flow. The art work is awesome. The sound package is very nice. Played it a ton at Expo and it did not get old. I feel like the Pro plays almost the same as the Premium - almost as fun, maybe just as fun. The things added to the Premium are pretty cool and make the game look much cooler.

Dang it, now I have to buy one, probably a Premium.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Funny mecha-stucky this morning…[quoted image]

I did the same thing! Cabinet smacks didn't move it, but a good shake got it rolling again.

#1237 2 years ago

Off work for two weeks and still no shipping info on my LE yet!!! I'll probably get a call for delivery date on first day back to work

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gifgiphy (4).gifgiphy (4).gifgiphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif
#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

My mecha ramp sits slightly higher than the playfield resulting in airballs over mechagodzilla's head and shoulders. Looking at the assembly and lock nuts, I am not sure how to adjust the leveling height. Does anyone have any tips on this? Thank you.
[quoted image]

Did you try adding washers from underneath to lower the mech down into the playfield? If that's even possible. I can't tell clearly from the photo if that would be doable.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Off work for two weeks and still no shipping info on my LE yet!!! I'll probably get a call for delivery date on first day back to work

Seems like my life of late. Maybe this week, maybe not, but hopefully someday soon. I feel if I call and bug my vendor again, he may hang up on me.

#1240 2 years ago

Got invoiced for my Premium today!

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfatuated:

Wow, Godzilla is fun. I was not interested in the title at all. I thought the old TV show was too campy for my tastes and the modern movies have been ho-humm at best, never read any related comics, so the theme/game was a strong pass for me. But not liking a theme is probably never going to stop me from playing a game at least once or twice. On the first play I was like, oh man this is fun with great flow. The art work is awesome. The sound package is very nice. Played it a ton at Expo and it did not get old. I feel like the Pro plays almost the same as the Premium - almost as fun, maybe just as fun. The things added to the Premium are pretty cool and make the game look much cooler.
Dang it, now I have to buy one, probably a Premium.

Which tv show? I love the movies, but never got into the TV shows. Singular Point is good, not great. The old animated stuff I never liked very much. The Showa era movies I love especially Invasion of the Astro Monster which the pinball is heavily based on. The date 19 December 1965 is the day it was released and that date appears when you first start the game. It is also known as Godzilla vs Monster Zero. I think it has a few other titles as well. I am also a big fan of the Terror of Mechagodzilla which is also heavily used in the pinball. I think the new movies are awesome as well. I would have been happy with any era, but I think they made the right choice. Maybe later they do a reskin with another era. Heisei era has some cool stuff. Destroyah is one of the best Godzilla foes.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Game Exchange??

I'm waiting..............

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

I was flipping through the manual for the LE last night and saw at least for the building they had instructions on how to adjust/level the building. They may have something for this mech in the manual too.

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

It looks very similar to the Avengers disc setup, so adjustment should be similar/same. Here's the relevant page from the Agengers adjustment doc...

Stern_disc-adjust (resized).jpgStern_disc-adjust (resized).jpg
#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'd probably lose the audience fast, but I totally wish they'd go deeper into the engineering side of things. I find it much more interesting than the software side of the development. I mean, it's PINBALL. Mechanical action is the name of the game.

I appreciate the sentiment, but thank me for emptying your wallet?
[quoted image]

Ha...I meant that in a really good way - that you have so many good quality products to offer (from the fans to the deflectors to the gels and more)...not that they are overpriced by any means lol - sorry for the confusion

P.S. I think your fans should be standard / required on any tournament games...man that new Stern line got overheated fast on tournament row...either that or just the constant banging on those machines...they took a beating

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I was flipping through the manual for the LE last night and saw at least for the building they had instructions on how to adjust/level the building. They may have something for this mech in the manual too.

Thank you

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Who is your Distro?

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

The collapsing building adjustment procedure is also gling to be helpful. The floor isn't flush to playfield but looking at the instructions, it looks like a simple fix. I think Pinmonk's avengers adjustment will do the trick for roto assembly. Thanks guys.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Decided to go in on a pro. Played an LE today. For me the up-charge for a premium just not worth it. The pro was a blast and my daughters loved it.
The premium is cool and all, it’s just it didn’t add any play value for me. The flow on the pro just felt much better. The price increase on premiums really was the main deciding factor for me. $2300 is a lot more.

I’m curious how many others feel this way, I think Elwin's games all have amazing layouts and rules, but none thus far to me have had good mechs or a reason to buy the premium/LE.

The building diverters and bridge mech likely won't change the game's flow too much, but I'm curious how the Mechagodzilla mech works for flow/transitions off the jump ramp. On the pro its a quick, satisfying return with the spinner.

#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If Spooky can sell 1750 games in an hour without even showing gameplay I gaurantee you that a game of the quality and polish of MM would sell instantly. There is a reason those new to the hobby that don’t have nostalgia towards MM still gravitate towards and it and love it. The game is a masterpiece.

Would disagree with your assumption here, because Spooky sold out of 1750 games with very popular well known IPs. MM is not in that league at all, with a no name IP, but locations long ago didn’t care if the IP was known or not, nor did the fistful of quarter players. Fast forward spending $10,000.00 in today’s world and people majorly care about buying well known IPs over generic titles.

Take the used resale market for example: list MM for $10k and see how many buyers there would be that don’t know pinball. Zero. List Star Wars for $10k and you’d have newbies coming out of the wood works to buy it. Just because it’s Star Wars or Godzilla, even if they don’t know pinball. I know, it’s happened to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/25?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.