gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 547.
#12851 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Looks great! From an artist perspective she has done a fine upgrade!

Thank you! She’s a natural. See my post in JP thread she did my T Rex.

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you want Godzilla or any high demand game these days, you have to lose the concept of "my distributor". If your favorite grocery store is out of diapers do you say "oh well I guess I'll just wait".. you just go to the next store...
We don't know how many people are on each list, when/how big runs are or how they're being allocated. What we do know is some people have waited 9 months and some people are getting machines right away. Gotta put in the work and hope to get lucky.

Appreciate the reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't really apply to my situation as I'm in Canada. Basically in Canada we have 2 distributors, one based out of Vancouver, and serves Western Canada, and one based out of Toronto (with offices in Montreal as well) serving the Eastern provinces. I guess imagine if the USA only had a distributor based out of Los Angeles and one based out of NYC, each serving half the country.

My point is, my Distributor isn't my distributor by choice. I have no other option for buying a Stern machine. With that said, I have nothing bad to say about my distributor.

So I guess my question is, of the people just getting games now, how long ago did they order? How long did they have to wait?

#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Cleaning the play field realized there was no mylar at the Magna grab. Seems like of all the places on the playfield, this should be one of them. There is however a small patch to the left of the magnet at the entrance to the left ramp. Has anyone added mylar to Magna grab or think it's a good idea to put some there?
[quoted image]

I'd be willing to give it a shot. The problem is I do not have access to a game to design one.
For the PF right? not the grab itself, correct?

#12855 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd be willing to give it a shot. The problem is I do not have access to a game to design one.
For the PF right? not the grab itself, correct?

Correct for the playfied. The ball gets a lot of repeated rolling back and forth in that arc, and I am not that excited about freehand cutting one. It would be nice and I think well recieved to have one made.

#12856 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

So I guess my question is, of the people just getting games now, how long ago did they order? How long did they have to wait?

I waited two months (April - June) from a small distributor. But I also put my name on the list from a large distributor in October and I still haven’t heard anything.

So, unfortunately, it completely depends on the distributor and where you are in line.

If you want a semi-accurate answer for your particular situation, I would suggest using the pinball map page on pinside and looking just for Godzilla machines on your side of Canada. Message a few people that have it in their collection and ask them how long they waited.

#12857 1 year ago

59B9528F-D4CB-43F3-80FE-5A25393FB113 (resized).jpeg59B9528F-D4CB-43F3-80FE-5A25393FB113 (resized).jpegAA391C8A-B60A-4F0E-BD3D-CE4C509B5049 (resized).jpegAA391C8A-B60A-4F0E-BD3D-CE4C509B5049 (resized).jpeg
Anyone know who made this?

#12858 1 year ago

Double post

#12859 1 year ago

I don’t know who made it but it sure looks great!

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

[quoted image][quoted image]
Anyone know who made this?

Looks neat, but it also looks redundant.

#12861 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Appreciate the reply.
Unfortunately this doesn't really apply to my situation as I'm in Canada. Basically in Canada we have 2 distributors, one based out of Vancouver, and serves Western Canada, and one based out of Toronto (with offices in Montreal as well) serving the Eastern provinces. I guess imagine if the USA only had a distributor based out of Los Angeles and one based out of NYC, each serving half the country.
My point is, my Distributor isn't my distributor by choice. I have no other option for buying a Stern machine. With that said, I have nothing bad to say about my distributor.

I ordered on Sept 22. Paid in full July 5. Hoping for a shipping notice this week.

#12862 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you want Godzilla or any high demand game these days, you have to lose the concept of "my distributor". If your favorite grocery store is out of diapers do you say "oh well I guess I'll just wait".. you just go to the next store...
We don't know how many people are on each list, when/how big runs are or how they're being allocated. What we do know is some people have waited 9 months and some people are getting machines right away. Gotta put in the work and hope to get lucky.

While I get the sentiment, a good distributor that will take care of you is worth something. And finding one that sells for MSRP, no tax in your state and free shipping can save quite a bit.

#12863 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Correct for the playfied. The ball gets a lot of repeated rolling back and forth in that arc, and I am not that excited about freehand cutting one. It would be nice and I think well recieved to have one made.

Can you put some tracing paper down and scan the keyline on your game?
If you can, can scan, and send it to me; I can do an initial mockup.

#12864 1 year ago

Just got a Godzilla, what are the must have or top mods?

#12865 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godzilla is great as is but some nice additions are shaker/ powered subwoofer and ufo pop mod from pinsider in Texas. I also put museum glass in all my pins.

#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

check this thread out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread

Otherwise i'd say shaker is #1 if you don't have it then things like pulling godzilla out and adding a new one and replacing ufo.

#12867 1 year ago

Shaker is the only mod I add. I also install Titan pinball flipper button protectors and mylar on the usual spots on all of my games. Mods are expensive and I'm a cheapass.

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

ufo pop mod from pinsider in Texas.

Do you have a picture of this?

#12869 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

The one I made is a rectangle shape and I cut a half circle out of one long edge to get it close to the magnet. Clean and wax area prior to putting mylar down. Didn't take long to freehand cut it. The mylar I bought on Amazon a few years ago for similar uses on other pins. Can't see it on the playfield once installed, so don't worry about getting it 'perfect'.

#12870 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do you have a picture of this?

Well priced compared to all others also...

20220606_034451 (resized).jpg20220606_034451 (resized).jpg
20220606_034515 (resized).jpg20220606_034515 (resized).jpg

#12871 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well priced compared to all others also...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks good, where do I order it?

#12872 1 year ago

So any idea who made this topper? Kaneda posted pics. It’s at Jackbar in NY.

3714B852-5DF5-4D7C-AD85-3609406D4EF4 (resized).jpeg3714B852-5DF5-4D7C-AD85-3609406D4EF4 (resized).jpeg

#12873 1 year ago

Loving this awesome game.
Two code things that are very minor but bug me none the less.

1. Most shots to the scoop when activating level 4 power up also have a lit Kaiju. I would love an option to skip the Kaiju battle because 9 times out of 10 I can’t survive the timer to start Monster Zero or Terror.

2. Would also love it if during a game the Mothra ball save light was not part of a useless light show. I can’t tell you how many times I think it is lit and let the ball go only to find out it was just blinking for fun. This light should only come on at all when ball save is actually active.

Both minor I know, but would certainly make the game better.
And #2 goes for every game with a ball save light.

#12874 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

1. Most shots to the scoop when activating level 4 power up also have a lit Kaiju. I would love an option to skip the Kaiju battle because 9 times out of 10 I can’t survive the timer to start Monster Zero or Terror.
2. Would also love it if during a game the Mothra ball save light was not part of a useless light show. I can’t tell you how many times I think it is lit and let the ball go only to find out it was just blinking for fun. This light should only come on at all when ball save is actually active.

Totally agree with #2

#12875 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Funny, was thinking same on point # 2 last night, as I watched the ball drain

#12876 1 year ago

Two most important mods for me (on any new Stern) are shaker motor and quiet fan for the power supply. My gameroom is really quiet. Those stock fans must be made by Pratt and Whitney, they’re ridiculously loud when they cycle. Pretty sure you could prime a Rolls Royce turbine with those things…

#12877 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Looks neat, but it also looks redundant.

Still better than no topper like we have from stern right now. Be lucky to see one in 2023.

#12878 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So any idea who made this topper? Kaneda posted pics. It’s at Jackbar in NY.
[quoted image]

I do NOT like that topper. Godzilla is blasting the top of Godzilla's head with a heat ray??? Sheesh. If it is homemade, great. But if an artist looked at that and said "done", they should be doing something else with their career.

#12879 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can find a shaker motor in stock for GZ?

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Looks good, where do I order it?

Sleal16 ufo is pretty cool

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Anyone know where I can find a shaker motor in stock for GZ?

I ordered one from pinball life for my Deadpool last week. It wasn’t the official stern one but many on here have recommended this one and is working fine.

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Sleal16 ufo is pretty cool
[quoted image]

I re used Hayfarmers photo ,too lazy to go turn mine on.

#12883 1 year ago

That white UFO saucer looks great with the white pop bumper parts. I went silver to go with the clear pop bumper upgrade.

IMG_2130 (resized).JPGIMG_2130 (resized).JPG
#12884 1 year ago

Thanks for everyone who was trying to help me sort out my shaker motor problem. As embarrassing as it is to say when I installed it , the wiring got tied up by the ( shaker things) ??? And I didn’t realize it. Scott from pinball life gave me the heads up to check it and what do you know?! It works now! Phew! Crisis averted.

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks for everyone who was trying to help me sort out my shaker motor problem. As embarrassing as it is to say when I installed it , the wiring got tied up by the ( shaker things) ??? And I didn’t realize it. Scott from pinball life gave me the heads up to check it and what do you know?! It works now! Phew! Crisis averted.

Your lucky you didn’t blow board! $$$$$

#12886 1 year ago

About one out of ten times my MechaGodzilla doesn’t rotate and I hear a buzz of the motor trying. I can’t reproduce this issue in test mode Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks!

#12887 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I re used Hayfarmers photo ,too lazy to go turn mine on.

#12888 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That white UFO saucer looks great with the white pop bumper parts. I went silver to go with the clear pop bumper upgrade.[quoted image]

Whose mod is this?

#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Whose mod is this?

pinsider Sleal16

#12890 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Is it the manual plunge or the auto plunge or both, causing the issue?

I was having issues manual plunging. Auto-plunge and full manual plunge worked pretty good

#12891 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I do NOT like that topper. Godzilla is blasting the top of Godzilla's head with a heat ray??? Sheesh. If it is homemade, great. But if an artist looked at that and said "done", they should be doing something else with their career.

I have an alternate translite so it would like fine. It’s not that bad. You don’t have to like it but don’t exaggerate. It still took skill it’s far from crap.

#12892 1 year ago

I have an alternate translite so it would like fine. It’s not that bad. You don’t have to like it but don’t exaggerate. It still took skill it’s far from crap.

That reminds me - where did you get that GZ 1954 alternate translite from? I really want to get that

#12893 1 year ago

What’s the translite?

#12894 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That reminds me - where did you get that GZ 1954 alternate translite from? I really want to get that

Quoted from DK:

What’s the translite?

Screenshot_20220725-221037 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220725-221037 (resized).png
#12895 1 year ago

Skill? Isn't it just hacking together existing zombie yeti artwork? Or did someone just copy it that well?

#12896 1 year ago

Replaced my factory scoop protector with one from Cliffy. Fixed the issue of it rejecting all the time. Here's a pic of them side by side. You can see the split in the original which was causing the problem.

scoop (resized).jpegscoop (resized).jpeg
#12897 1 year ago

I ordered that one last week ! Can’t wait I think it looks fantastic ! I’m also considering the movie side blades from them.

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi, i have a question, that will be easy to answer for people from USA, i want to remove some pieces on the playfield of my godzilla to put a convlux and as normal since is fabricated on the USA the nut screw bolts are in imperial measure and not metrical.
Can you tell me the size of the bolts/nuts so i can buy the good tools to unscrew them. thanks

I'm not sure if anyone posted a reply, so here's an answer.
I've found that stern uses mostly 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", and 7/16" nuts for the bolts on their games. those 4 sizes should allow you to remove/install roughly 99% of the hardware found on the games.

#12899 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've found that stern uses mostly 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", and 7/16" nuts for the bolts on their games. those 4 sizes should allow you to remove/install roughly 99% of the hardware found on the games.

Not quite. 7/16" is quite rare in pins. 11/32" however is very common. The 4 sizes of nut drivers you want to purchase are: 1/4", 5/16", 11/32", and 3/8". I've had this set for almost 30 years, used every time I service a pin.
IMG_2139 (resized).JPGIMG_2139 (resized).JPG

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm not sure if anyone posted a reply, so here's an answer.

Thank you, yes someone had answered, but thank you
And already ordered , so now i have at home for when i need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/258?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.