Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 547.
#12801 1 year ago

Anyone else have issues or had with launching the ball ? The shot is NOT smooth at all. Very clunky no matter how much I pull the shooter rod back. Sometimes the ball launches into Mechas left arm. Its just weird. The game is level.

#12802 1 year ago

Yep, I've adjusted mine to no end and still have problems with clunk. Weird.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Anyone else have issues or had with launching the ball ? The shot is NOT smooth at all. Very clunky no matter how much I pull the shooter rod back. Sometimes the ball launches into Mechas left arm. Its just weird. The game is level.

#12803 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Yep, I've adjusted mine to no end and still have problems with clunk. Weird.

Ugh! On top of that when the ball goes into the building and launches up to the top to get locked a lot of times it has to do it 2 or 3 times to finally get the ball up there.

#12804 1 year ago

I understand that with 0.97 Pro, the Godzilla MB is supposed to start by locking 3 balls on the Magna Grab. Mine definitely does not do this - I get one ball locked from the Building, but the other 2 just whiff entirely. Anybody know what settings need to be adjusted to accommodate for this?

Or is it like Thing Flips/Phantom Flip where it has to learn?

#12805 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

When Keith Elwin was on the Loserkid. Podcast he mention some if the movies they could not use in the game.
I think these are the 5 that were not included are:
Godzilla Raid Again (1955)
King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (1971)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
And these are the ones that were included:
Godzilla (1954)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster (1964)
Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (1966)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
All Monsters Attack (1969)
Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)
But they have an animated versions of Hedorah in the game and art if some others (King Cesar) so I'm not sure what "not included" really means.

This is great to know, thank you for this information.

#12806 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I understand that with 0.97 Pro, the Godzilla MB is supposed to start by locking 3 balls on the Magna Grab. Mine definitely does not do this - I get one ball locked from the Building, but the other 2 just whiff entirely. Anybody know what settings need to be adjusted to accommodate for this?

Probably have to adjust the auto plunger power if it’s hitting too high or low adjust accordingly

#12807 1 year ago

Does anybody know what the 100% off coupon code is for collage.com?

#12808 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Either a result of your plunger power being too lower, or pitch being too high. Dial these things in and you will be in business.

#12809 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anyone know the 10 out of 15 films Stern had access to use in the game?

Quoted from docquest:

When Keith Elwin was on the Loserkid. Podcast he mention some if the movies they could not use in the game.
Godzilla (1954)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
But they have an animated versions of Hedorah in the game and art of some others (King Cesar) so I'm not sure what "not included" really means.

Attract mode also shows all of the movies included. You can flipper right to advance past the Movie info and then flipper left to go back to it and it will cycle through the various Godzilla movies by doing this.

#12810 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:When Keith Elwin was on the Loserkid. Podcast he mention some if the movies they could not use in the game.
Godzilla (1954)
Son Of Godzilla(1967)
But they have an animated versions of Hedorah in the game and art of some others (King Cesar) so I'm not sure what "not included" really means.

Well, playfield art is original by zombie yeti. I think it's just film assets that they were limited on.

#12811 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have only had 2 balls lock so far on the Magna Grab

#12812 1 year ago

I’ve installed a shaker motor this afternoon and it’s not doing anything. Default settings for the game are at max. Unplugged it then plugged it back in still nothing . Hmmm

#12813 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Probably have to adjust the auto plunger power if it’s hitting too high or low adjust accordingly

Quoted from mcvetyty:

Either a result of your plunger power being too lower, or pitch being too high. Dial these things in and you will be in business.

Thanks for the responses - will get to this once I figure out what's going on with my Elvira. Much appreciated!

#12814 1 year ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Cleaning the play field realized there was no mylar at the Magna grab. Seems like of all the places on the playfield, this should be one of them. There is however a small patch to the left of the magnet at the entrance to the left ramp. Has anyone added mylar to Magna grab or think it's a good idea to put some there?
[quoted image]

I put cell phone screen protector. Waxable, protective and not permanent.

#12815 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Gotcha, I don’t think I’ve played more than 2 Tier 1’s and a Tier 2, then game over.
Crazy though - today I had a 1.2 billion game and only played TWO battles. Everything else was insane multipliers

i think in one game i did two tier 2, but not more than that....
am still a bit noob on pinball, i played since 1995 but just some plays for fun.
Damn... i think i will make one play with 10 balls so i can do at least one time the Planet X
Hahahah

Quoted from Gavino:

Is the Mothra ball save supposed to activate during multiball?

After the timer of the "ball save" ends, yes it will activate when there is no longer the multiball , ball save.

#12816 1 year ago

After the timer of the "ball save" ends, yes it will activate when there is no longer the multiball , ball save

#12817 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’ve installed a shaker motor this afternoon and it’s not doing anything. Default settings for the game are at max. Unplugged it then plugged it back in still nothing . Hmmm

Is there a Shaker motor - YES - option also maybe

#12818 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If there is I can’t find it.

#12819 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

^*^ THIS

#12820 1 year ago

The only menu I can find is Shaker set to default
“Maximum” which is already set. I can’t find any other menu that says shaker motor YES or anything else.

#12821 1 year ago

I just put a shaker in my Deadpool today and there was definitely a setting to turn the shaker on or off. And a setting for how much the shaker is used. Not sure if Zilla in the same or not. I think it was Deadpool adjustment 1 or 2

#12822 1 year ago

Might be shaker on/off is in standard adjustments whereas shaker level (min/max) is in game adjustments.

#12823 1 year ago

ExSquid mikeflan .... for a lack of a better fix at the moment I took a Small piece of scotch tape and folded It up 3 or 4 times and put it in front of the metal flap piece in the shooter lane that transitions from the wood to the metal trying to eliminate that lip and then took another piece of scotch tape and put it a little bit on the metal flap piece to the wood. That seems to make the ball coming out of the shooter lane much smoother. I don’t know what a permanent fix would be at this moment

#12824 1 year ago
Quoted from bsobie:

ExSquid mikeflan .... for a lack of a better fix at the moment I took a Small piece of scotch tape and folded It up 3 or 4 times and put it in front of the metal flap piece in the shooter lane that transitions from the wood to the metal trying to eliminate that lip and then took another piece of scotch tape and put it a little bit on the metal flap piece to the wood. That seems to make the ball coming out of the shooter lane much smoother. I don’t know what a permanent fix would be at this moment

Is it the manual plunge or the auto plunge or both, causing the issue?

#12825 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Is it the manual plunge or the auto plunge or both, causing the issue?

Manual for me. Auto seems much better.

#12826 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Manual for me. Auto seems much better.

Is the shooter rod straight? If the alignment is off, this cause problems on a manual plunge.

#12827 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Well, playfield art is original by zombie yeti. I think it's just film assets that they were limited on.

If thats the case, then it would be cool to see them do something with Kong in the game that didnt require actual flim clips.

#12828 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anybody know what the 100% off coupon code is for collage.com?

I just tried "GIFT85" and it results in free fleece blanket for 30 x 40 inch.

#12829 1 year ago

Hey guys .. long story short, I ordered a Godzilla Premium back in January (no deposit taken). My distributor still has no eta on it. However I now am informed that my distro will have some Rush premiums in stock. (Another game I really wanted). Getting the Rush will delay my being able to afford the Godzilla (without taking out some debt which I hate doing). So I guess my question to you guys... a Godzilla Premium ordered in January with no ETA on it from my distro. realistically, when would you expect it to show up? My worry is getting the Rush now, and then my distro suddenly getting Godzilla Prem in stock quickly, and me having to either cancel my order or take out debt to buy it. How far backlogged are these Godzilla orders at this point?

#12830 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:Hey guys .. long story short, I ordered a Godzilla Premium back in January (no deposit taken). My distributor still has no eta on it. However I now am informed that my distro will have some Rush premiums in stock. (Another game I really wanted). Getting the Rush will delay my being able to afford the Godzilla (without taking out some debt which I hate doing). So I guess my question to you guys... a Godzilla Premium ordered in January with no ETA on it from my distro. realistically, when would you expect it to show up? My worry is getting the Rush now, and then my distro suddenly getting Godzilla Prem in stock quickly, and me having to either cancel my order or take out debt to buy it. How far backlogged are these Godzilla orders at this point?

As your distributor where are you in line for their orders. Wait times vary DRAMATICALLY based on who you ordered from and how many people are in front of you.

If you’re high up on the list, maybe wait. If not, buy rush and the sell it (maybe a small loss) when your GZ is ready.

#12831 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Theres a run this month and if they squeeze one in end of year. From what I've seen, if you do the legwork you can find one for MSRP if you call around A LOT (luck may vary). Seen people score one with little to no wait time. Someone I work with just started asking around last week and he found a place that could get him in for end of the month.

I’ve been working hard calling around. One Distributor said he can get me one from this July run for $10,699 delivered ( about $1800 over msrp). Not sure it’s worth doing that. I offered him $9500 we shall see.

#12832 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I’ve been working hard calling around. One Distributor said he can get me one from this July run for $10,699 delivered ( about $1800 over msrp). Not sure it’s worth doing that. I offered him $9500 we shall see.

Yeah, might be in a pocket of waiting where people are not letting go of their spot. If you dont find one around MSRP right now, try again when they start landing. Which should be in a week or so since it seems to be on the line last week.

Really sucks they're charging that much =(

#12833 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Hey guys .. long story short, I ordered a Godzilla Premium back in January (no deposit taken). My distributor still has no eta on it. However I now am informed that my distro will have some Rush premiums in stock. (Another game I really wanted). Getting the Rush will delay my being able to afford the Godzilla (without taking out some debt which I hate doing). So I guess my question to you guys... a Godzilla Premium ordered in January with no ETA on it from my distro. realistically, when would you expect it to show up? My worry is getting the Rush now, and then my distro suddenly getting Godzilla Prem in stock quickly, and me having to either cancel my order or take out debt to buy it. How far backlogged are these Godzilla orders at this point?

If your on a waitlist with no deposit. You should try and get on more lists. Whoever gets you the machine first great. Smaller distributors probably get less machines. Even get on lists that require a $500 deposit. It’s all refundable if you land a machine from somewhere else sooner. This is at least what I’m trying to do! Good Luck!

#12834 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

If you want Godzilla or any high demand game these days, you have to lose the concept of "my distributor". If your favorite grocery store is out of diapers do you say "oh well I guess I'll just wait".. you just go to the next store...

We don't know how many people are on each list, when/how big runs are or how they're being allocated. What we do know is some people have waited 9 months and some people are getting machines right away. Gotta put in the work and hope to get lucky.

#12835 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you want Godzilla or any high demand game these days, you have to lose the concept of "my distributor". If your favorite grocery store is out of diapers do you say "oh well I guess I'll just wait".. you just go to the next store...
We don't know how many people are on each list, when/how big runs are or how they're being allocated. What we do know is some people have waited 9 months and some people are getting machines right away. Gotta put in the work and hope to get lucky.

Dead on! Seems like a lot of distributors are starting to push the price way over msrp. I was just offered one for $10,699 out if the July run. I just can’t pay that much over msrp. But I am willing to pay a maybe $500 extra to land one this year!

#12836 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

That is nuts! Go play a Pro; the Premium is definitely not $4,000 better

#12837 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Dead on! Seems like a lot of distributors are starting to push the price way over msrp. I was just offered one for $10,699 out if the July run. I just can’t pay that much over msrp. But I am willing to pay a maybe $500 extra to land one this year!

Only the real scummy ones. Most distributors don't sell nib for over MSRP.
I paid MSRP plus shipping ($500), cash. Yes I feel like $500 for 6+ months felt fair.

#12838 1 year ago

Got the Mothra shooter rod for $115 shipped on eBay. Got it did not like the paint application at all. Decided to have my daughter Ireland paint it.

We decided to go for a comic look than realistic. Felt it matches the artwork better. Factory paint was so dull and muted. Shooter rod definitely pops now.

02025ECE-1E33-481D-A08E-0A1073DCB9E1 (resized).jpeg02025ECE-1E33-481D-A08E-0A1073DCB9E1 (resized).jpeg8C8D984E-2FB6-4821-9DE9-C0156DA48719 (resized).jpeg8C8D984E-2FB6-4821-9DE9-C0156DA48719 (resized).jpegA64F2D66-5368-4AC5-AC34-A1179241993D (resized).jpegA64F2D66-5368-4AC5-AC34-A1179241993D (resized).jpegAE916CCD-4541-454E-B008-6BA1EE181D24 (resized).jpegAE916CCD-4541-454E-B008-6BA1EE181D24 (resized).jpegAF121580-A7F0-4FEE-A0D6-D576FF4FE034 (resized).jpegAF121580-A7F0-4FEE-A0D6-D576FF4FE034 (resized).jpegB1154409-5CAB-4555-A1FA-8BC8DC92E6B6 (resized).jpegB1154409-5CAB-4555-A1FA-8BC8DC92E6B6 (resized).jpegC4D39D11-92B6-4531-BAB0-61B189B4815E (resized).jpegC4D39D11-92B6-4531-BAB0-61B189B4815E (resized).jpeg
#12839 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got the Mothra shooter rod for $115 shipped on eBay. Got it did not like the paint application at all. Decided to have my daughter Ireland paint it.
We decided to go for a comic look than realistic. Felt it matches the artwork better. Factory paint was so dull and muted. Shooter rod definitely pops now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very pretty.

#12840 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:Is the shooter rod straight? If the alignment is off, this cause problems on a manual plunge.

Looks good to me. I’ve never had to take out a the shooter rod. And I wouldn’t even know how to get it aligned. If that is the problem.

#12841 1 year ago

I found this in my cabinet next to the subwoofer. Any ideas?

20220724_161322 (resized).jpg20220724_161322 (resized).jpg
#12842 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

[quoted image]

Looks like a pop bumper part. Or maybe a drop target lift.

#12843 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 3.45.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-24 at 3.45.15 PM (resized).png
#12845 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Only the real scummy ones. Most distributors don't sell nib for over MSRP.
I paid MSRP plus shipping ($500), cash. Yes I feel like $500 for 6+ months felt fair.

“Scummy” really depends on where they got it from. Most dealers will sell their machines from stern at msrp but the buy/sell/trade machines at market… this should always be making them some profit or why would they be dealers. Kinda like car dealer, you don’t expect them to be losing money on trade-ins only difference is that right now used machines are selling at or over msrp so I would expect dealer selling prices to be at or over market price on machines they didn’t get from stern.

#12846 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:Nice! Thanks guys

Is your pop missing that part? It's pretty important, and they do break eventually (though definitely not THAT fast)

#12847 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I just tried "GIFT85" and it results in free fleece blanket for 30 x 40 inch.

That’s it, thank you!!

#12848 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is nuts! Go play a Pro; the Premium is definitely not $4,000 better</

“Scummy” really depends on where they got it from. Most dealers will sell their machines from stern at msrp but the buy/sell/trade machines at market… this should always be making them some profit or why would they be dealers. Kinda like car dealer, you don’t expect them to be losing money on trade-ins only difference is that right now used machines are selling at or over msrp so I would expect dealer selling prices to be at or over market price on machines they didn’t get from stern.

True but these are official stern dealers that are selling these straight from stern for 11k. Look at the Pinball Company out of MO. They are selling julys production for that price. If I want to pay it he said I could get it by end of July or early August

#12849 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! From an artist perspective she has done a fine upgrade!

#12850 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Looks good to me. I’ve never had to take out a the shooter rod. And I wouldn’t even know how to get it aligned. If that is the problem.

Not that difficult to align. Sure there are earlier posts with pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/257?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.