PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 548.
#12701 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Here's the switch screen. And here's the trough with all balls in. If I hit start it will eject every ball. Once it's empty it will fire the coil to eject one every 3 seconds or so.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wrong test. Not switch test. Go to the ball trough test. It's got a picture of a ball and "CLR" on the diag menu icon.

Also, when you do the trough test be SURE to pull the white peg on the inside left of the coin door frame so your coils have power with the coin door open or it won't work.

#12702 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Yes. I can see all the balls lighting as they pass optos. See my last post. I have 2 pics. When you say "on screen" you mean the board, right? Not the display screen.

display screen. like on your photo it says "right outlane". that section indicates the last switch that was triggered. Try pressing buttons or manually hitting other switches on the field, you'll see that label change according to what you engage. So if you're only doing the trough, and not touching anything else, you should see all the "trough" labels in that corner instead of "right outlane"

#12703 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wrong test. Not switch test. Go to the ball trough test.

Or that as well

but you should still be seeing "trough" labels on that screen when you trigger those optos

#12704 1 year ago

I’m on the waitlist for a HW Deluxe by AP due to come in at end of year. $7300 delivered. I only have room for 1 more machine (I own JP Pro). Im trying to decide if I want to change and splurge for a GZ Prem. My question, is the wait for this going to be well into 2023? And is it still going for msrp around 9k? Should I get a GZ pro instead of HW if I can’t land a Premium? My kids are 8 and 6 and love pinball so thought HW would go good next to JP.
Thanks for any advice

#12705 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I’m on the waitlist for a HW Deluxe by AP due to come in at end of year. $7300 delivered. I only have room for 1 more machine (I own JP Pro). Im trying to decide if I want to change and splurge for a GZ Prem. My question, is the wait for this going to be well into 2023? And is it still going for msrp around 9k? Should I get a GZ pro instead of HW if I can’t land a Premium? My kids are 8 and 6 and love pinball so thought HW would go good next to JP.
Thanks for any advice

Theres a run this month and if they squeeze one in end of year. From what I've seen, if you do the legwork you can find one for MSRP if you call around A LOT (luck may vary). Seen people score one with little to no wait time. Someone I work with just started asking around last week and he found a place that could get him in for end of the month.

#12706 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Theres a run this month and if they squeeze one in end of year. From what I've seen, if you do the legwork you can find one for MSRP if you call around A LOT (luck may vary). Seen people score one with little to no wait time. Someone I work with just started asking around last week and he found a place that could get him in for end of the month.

Ya I’d imagine at this price some people back out

#12707 1 year ago

I finally joined the club! With this and Rush, I’ve now tripled my pinball collection and sadly maxed out space for more. I’ve put a whopping 2 games on my machine so far and I’m loving it! The shots are tough but fair and the whole game is immersive and just plain fun. I’m usually not a fan of shaker motors but it’s perfectly integrated in this game and I’m glad I got it. Can’t wait to play it more!

3D5D7504-3B61-4120-9DC7-08C2B63567CE (resized).jpeg3D5D7504-3B61-4120-9DC7-08C2B63567CE (resized).jpeg
#12708 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wrong test. Not switch test. Go to the ball trough test. It's got a picture of a ball and "CLR" on the diag menu icon.
Also, when you do the trough test be SURE to pull the white peg on the inside left of the coin door frame so your coils have power with the coin door open or it won't work.

So this is the trough test with NO balls in it. If I put a ball in the shooter lane (22) it auto plunges it to the playfield. The white peg was pulled out.

20220720_160857 (resized).jpg20220720_160857 (resized).jpg
#12709 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

display screen. like on your photo it says "right outlane". that section indicates the last switch that was triggered. Try pressing buttons or manually hitting other switches on the field, you'll see that label change according to what you engage. So if you're only doing the trough, and not touching anything else, you should see all the "trough" labels in that corner instead of "right outlane"

During the switch test all switches tested showed up on the display. When I put a ball in the trough the last switch remains on screen as if no ball went in the trough.

#12710 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

So this is the trough test with NO balls in it. If I put a ball in the shooter lane (22) it auto plunges it to the playfield. The white peg was pulled out.
[quoted image]

Well, that's a problem. It thinks all the balls are in the trough. So bad trough board, most likely.

If you leave the balls out and (carefully - the coils have power, don't touch any coil lugs by mistake) wiggle the board connectors, does it change any of the indicators on that screen?

I don't remember - did this happen AFTER you'd been playing a while, or did it come out of the box like this?

EDIT: looking at your picture of the trough board, is the 3 pin connector on all the pins? It's hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like it's shifted off by 1 pin.

#12711 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I finally joined the club! With this and Rush, I’ve now tripled my pinball collection and sadly maxed out space for more. I’ve put a whopping 2 games on my machine so far and I’m loving it! The shots are tough but fair and the whole game is immersive and just plain fun. I’m usually not a fan of shaker motors but it’s perfectly integrated in this game and I’m glad I got it. Can’t wait to play it more!
[quoted image]

From what I can see you can fit one more. Move Ghostbusters against the wall on the right. Close the gap between the back boxes and you can fit one more on the left! LOL

#12712 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that's a problem. It thinks all the balls are in the trough. So bad trough board, most likely.
If you leave the balls out and (carefully - the coils have power, don't touch any coil lugs by mistake) wiggle the board connectors, does it change any of the indicators on that screen?
I don't remember - did this happen AFTER you'd been playing a while, or did it come out of the box like this?
EDIT: looking at your picture of the trough board, is the 3 pin connector on all the pins? It's hard to tell from the angle, but it looks like it's shifted off by 1 pin.

Na. The pins are in. I rechecked. It's just a bad angle. So where would you go from here? Thanks for your effort so far. (And everyone. This is a great forum.)

#12713 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Na. The pins are in. I rechecked. It's just a bad angle. So where would you go from here? Thanks for your effort so far. (And everyone. This is a great forum.)

The board on the OTHER side of the trough just has one 3 pin connector with two leads. If it's not plugged in correctly (make sure the pins line up) OR the pins have lost connection because they've bent a little, the trough will read like yours.

So try re-plugging that connector, making sure the pins line up correctly and it's not shifted.

#12714 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The board on the OTHER side of the trough just has one 3 pin connector with two leads. If it's not plugged in correctly (make sure the pins line up) OR the pins have lost connection because they've bent a little, the trough will read like yours.
So try re-plugging that connector, making sure the pins line up correctly and it's not shifted.

I just looked at mine to compare and the three pin connector is connected on the other side, and the 5 pin plug on the closest side to the door opening. Thus having two plugs, one on each board.

#12715 1 year ago

Is the extra $ worth it for a premium version of Godzilla? Seems like you get A LOT of upgrades for that money.

#12716 1 year ago

No offense to the pro, but the bridge, building and mecha is well with the extra 2 k.

#12717 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is the extra $ worth it for a premium version of Godzilla? Seems like you get A LOT of upgrades for that money.

No brainer. It's why the Prem's are a lot harder to find than the Pros, IMO.

#12718 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just looked at mine to compare and the three pin connector is connected on the other side, and the 5 pin plug on the closest side to the door opening. Thus having two plugs, one on each board.

The trough board facing the coin slot has 2 and the board facing the Blackbox has one. I put it up to service, removed all molex and reseated all. Same problem.

#12719 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The trough board facing the coin slot has 2 and the board facing the Blackbox has one. I put it up to service, removed all molex and reseated all. Same problem.

On the coinbox side, remove the three pin leaving the 5 pin, and leave the three pin on the back box board and see what happens then.

#12720 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

On the coinbox side, remove the three pin leaving the 5 pin, and leave the three pin on the back box board and see what happens then.

The three pin from other side is jumped/linked either from the main 5 pin or the far right 3 pin. Grabs power from either one. Seems it varies from game to game, but as long as its grabbing it from either one. Dont think it should be linked to both sources. But if the backside pin is ONLY connected to the right 3pin, shouldnt be removed.

#12721 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

The three pin from other side is jumped/linked either from the main 5 pin or the far right 3 pin. Grabs power from either one. Seems it varies from game to game, but as long as its grabbing it from either one. Dont think it should be linked to both sources. But if the backside pin is ONLY connected to the right 3pin, shouldnt be removed.

Correct, that's why I asked to pull the front side three pin leaving the rear. Curious if there were two power connections by accident. Worse case the boards just don't power up.

#12722 1 year ago

Correct, that's why I asked to pull the front side three pin leaving the rear. Curious if there were two power connections by accident. Worse case the boards just don't power up.

Well, to be clear. I got the game in April. It was fine out of the box. I cleaned and waxed last week. It was fine for a couple of days. Now this. I am wondering if it took a couple of days for a ball to collect wax I may have missed. Then maybe it smeared on an opto or something in the trough? I cleaned it as best I could but, tbh I don't know what an opto looks like. I didn't touch anything under the playfield when I cleaned the machine.

#12723 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

tbh I don't know what an opto looks like.

Its a light sensor. In this case the board on each side of the trough has them all on the circuit. One board is the transmitter and the other is the receiver. So on one side the board you're looking at has 6 light emitters and other is detecting the signal. When something passes through it, it breaks the light signal and detects it as an activation, which is where you see the red lightss. So seeing the lights change as you pass the paper, or balls, through it indicates the optos are working and not obstructed (by wax or something). Probably no correlation to your cleaning since you mentioned you didnt go under the playfield. If all the connections are solid, might be pointing to board issue and you would need to contact Stern for a replacement. Was this your only game right now? If you had another spike2 Stern, I'd suggest swapping out the main trough board with one from another game and see if it resolves it. This of course if all the connections/pins/cables/etc are 100%

#12724 1 year ago

Just installed Diddy’s NAEGELE bld.
Wow! Easy install sight forward!
Bld. Is scaled perfectly. Doing lots of test play now! I am enjoying the exit flap on bld cool feature.

081330D7-1F15-47AA-8FB4-61C46B3877C2 (resized).jpeg081330D7-1F15-47AA-8FB4-61C46B3877C2 (resized).jpeg522A58E1-A552-45A0-8D61-BD77DC0C3122 (resized).jpeg522A58E1-A552-45A0-8D61-BD77DC0C3122 (resized).jpeg595D37A5-34C6-4801-ACD6-D7D814DC2851 (resized).jpeg595D37A5-34C6-4801-ACD6-D7D814DC2851 (resized).jpeg59A53E84-BEF9-4689-83CC-38B35D6D3496 (resized).jpeg59A53E84-BEF9-4689-83CC-38B35D6D3496 (resized).jpeg5AD3F0C9-DDE6-4B84-BA68-45C627947C06 (resized).jpeg5AD3F0C9-DDE6-4B84-BA68-45C627947C06 (resized).jpeg5C2F0454-04A4-49D1-8210-A0CB42A1448F (resized).jpeg5C2F0454-04A4-49D1-8210-A0CB42A1448F (resized).jpeg71F886F9-D5F5-412F-9100-06725F4A3079 (resized).jpeg71F886F9-D5F5-412F-9100-06725F4A3079 (resized).jpeg82065CAE-813E-4CA7-B01C-008B039663C0 (resized).jpeg82065CAE-813E-4CA7-B01C-008B039663C0 (resized).jpegBC79C240-1A3C-4414-BB9C-18D95C974C3F (resized).jpegBC79C240-1A3C-4414-BB9C-18D95C974C3F (resized).jpeg
#12725 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:Just installed Diddy’s NAEGELE bld.
Bld. Is scaled perfectly. Doing lots of test play now! I am enjoying the exit flap on bld cool feature.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Can you tell us if the "diddys mod" bits and goat billboard can be removed easily?

#12726 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Looks great. Can you tell us if the "diddys mod" bits and goat billboard can be removed easily?

I wouldn’t want to remove it it looks so cool!
Pictures don’t do this mod justice !!!

#12727 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Is this a pro machine?

#12728 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I’ve now tripled my pinball collection and sadly maxed out space for more.
[quoted image]

I'm not sure what the rest of your house looks like, but I could probably squeeze a couple more pinballs in the space shown.

#12729 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Is this a pro machine?

yes

#12730 1 year ago

Got to play a bunch last night! The "secret combo" shots are a really cool addition to a game. Love it! I have to try out the 1954 soundtrack later on. I miss my Iron Maiden but man I'm loving this game.

#12731 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Be cool if someone could make a mod to play GZ video footage on the billboard.

#12732 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I have the Pro and have played a decent amount on the Premium (thanks to recent SFGE in ATL).

This has been covered to death, but again, here are some of my thoughts (totally subjective).
There are 3 main differences, the bridge, the building, and mechagodzilla.
Besides cosmetic and cooleness factor, there's not any real difference in gameplay other than the mechagodzilla area.

I don't care about the bridge, and the building has the same net effect (although we all enjoy physical ball locks). Now that the Pro code stages the building multiball at the maget before dropping them, there's even less difference here.

I do have to say that I LOVE the Mechagodzilla belly magnet catch on starting that mode in the Premium. Super fun.
I dislike having the targets rotate because they now increase my chance of a SDTM ricochet.

All in all, the "feel" the Premium is a little more complete, and I really enjoyed it. I got such a great deal on my Pro, that it would cost me ALOT to upgrade to the Premium at MSRP or beyond, so it's really not worth it. Maybe at some point down the line if I get a good deal on a Premium I might would upgrade. But it's not something I'm gonna seek out, and I don't think it should affect buying decisions.

As some have said, buy what's available. There is pretty much ZERO difference in gameplay (which can't be said for a lot of Pro vs Prem arguments), it's more aesthetics and feel.

If you buy the Premium, you're gonna be happy. If you buy the Pro, you're gonna be happy.

#12733 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Its a light sensor. In this case the board on each side of the trough has them all on the circuit. One board is the transmitter and the other is the receiver. So on one side the board you're looking at has 6 light emitters and other is detecting the signal. When something passes through it, it breaks the light signal and detects it as an activation, which is where you see the red lightss. So seeing the lights change as you pass the paper, or balls, through it indicates the optos are working and not obstructed (by wax or something). Probably no correlation to your cleaning since you mentioned you didnt go under the playfield. If all the connections are solid, might be pointing to board issue and you would need to contact Stern for a replacement. Was this your only game right now? If you had another spike2 Stern, I'd suggest swapping out the main trough board with one from another game and see if it resolves it. This of course if all the connections/pins/cables/etc are 100%

Thank you. It seems all I have left is to contact stern. Pretty disappointing. Hope they help.

#12734 1 year ago

Have you confirmed your shooter lane switch isn't stuck closed? That would cause this behavior...

#12735 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Be cool if someone could make a mod to play GZ video footage on the billboard.

someone posted on the mod thread a tiny tv that plays old godzilla clips for like 140 i bet would fit right there perfectly

#12736 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Agreed! We played a handful of games after Freddy installed the Diddy mod and it looks fantastic! It's a perfect complement to the bridge and main building and definitely adds a layer of texture to the game. The lighting on the Naegele sign gives it a nice pop. I know I'll be getting one!

#12737 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Have you confirmed your shooter lane switch isn't stuck closed? That would cause this behavior...

Yes. I did a switch test in the service menu as well as manual.

#12738 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

As mentioned a few posts ago, the heat ray is not always active though it may be qualified. Requires certain mode/s to be running to be active.

So glad I found this, I thought something was wrong with my game and was like F!!!! phew! back to breathing easy.

#12739 1 year ago

Update on the trough issue.

Stern responded to me with:

The first thing I would suggest is to disconnect the trough optos, and let's see if the game is still registering the switches with the two boards disconnected.

Anyone know how to do this?

#12740 1 year ago

Quick question, anyone end up with two balls in their shooter lane? Seems to be happening on the regular on my machine, but not sure how to fix this one. All settings are default currently. 1 out of 3 games will end up this way. Thoughts?

#12741 1 year ago
Quoted from tyson171:

Quick question, anyone end up with two balls in their shooter lane? Seems to be happening on the regular on my machine, but not sure how to fix this one. All settings are default currently. 1 out of 3 games will end up this way. Thoughts?

It happened to me when I first got the game. I lowered the power of the trough. It worked.

#12742 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Update on the trough issue.
Stern responded to me with:
The first thing I would suggest is to disconnect the trough optos, and let's see if the game is still registering the switches with the two boards disconnected.
Anyone know how to do this?

Unplug the connectors to the two circuit boards, one on each side of the trough.

#12743 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

It happened to me when I first got the game. I lowered the power of the trough. It worked.

I'll give this a shot, curious, what did you set yours to?

I also noticed one of the connecters wasn't fully seated, might have been as simple as this. (still curious on your trough power)

Thanks for the response!

#12744 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Would this mod work on a Premium? Keen to hear what Premium mods do work best

#12745 1 year ago
Quoted from tyson171:

I'll give this a shot, curious, what did you set yours to?
I also noticed one of the connected wasn't fully seated, might have been as simple as this. (still curious on your trough power)

I put it on 185. Let me know how it turns out.

#12746 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Unplug the connectors to the two circuit boards, one on each side of the trough.

The guy called from Stern. Awesome help. He had me remove the molex from both boards. (I have three.)

Then we did the CLR test and the balls showed empty in the trough. This ruled out the node board. So they are sending me new trough opto boards.

Thanks everyone for the help. I appreciate your time.

#12747 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

The guy called from Stern. Awesome help. He had me remove the molex from both boards. (I have three.)
Then we did the CLR test and the balls showed empty in the trough. This ruled out the node board. So they are sending me new trough opto boards.
Thanks everyone for the help. I appreciate your time.

Let's hope you get yours faster than mine I'm at 3 weeks and waiting

#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Let's hope you get yours faster than mine I'm at 3 weeks and waiting

What are you waiting for?

#12749 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Would this mod work on a Premium? Keen to hear what Premium mods do work best

Yes all three versions pro ,prem, le, will be avalible.

#12750 1 year ago

Any word on a Godzilla topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/255?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.