PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 548.
#12651 1 year ago

expect to order the clear pop bodies later tonight... with luck I'll have them mid-next week.

Added 21 months ago:

Expect to have stock of the clear bodies sometime on Thursday 7/28 barring no unforeseen delay by FedEx.

#12652 1 year ago

Made it into the lineup! The building wasn't adjusting to lock balls out of the box but forcing it to re-home during a boot up seemed to fix it fine. Sadly had to go back to work after the delivery but I know what I'll be up to tonight!

20220719_114245 (resized).jpg20220719_114245 (resized).jpg20220719_121714 (resized).jpg20220719_121714 (resized).jpg
#12653 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Unseat and replug the trough pin connections. Had this happen on mine as well and reseating the connections fixed it as it was loose

Thanks. Where do I find that connection?

#12654 1 year ago

Hey all,

figured I'd try my luck here, located in MN, hoping to find a Godzilla Premium near me or get on a list to order a NIB one. Any luck out there? willing to ship or travel if close by. Thanks all.

#12655 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thanks. Where do I find that connection?

It's the white molex plug that connects to the trough opto board. Should be 2 of them. Pull playfield out to service position and it's right on the trough, can't miss it

#12656 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

There's an opto at the bottom of the shaft. You can see it when you pull out the playfield to the service poistion. There is also an opto at the top of the shaft that is contained in the vacuformed building. The opto at the bottom of the shaft triggers the VUK I believe from memory

How would you go about testing this particular opto? I can't find the option in the service menus. You can test the opto when the game is in service position? Appreciate your help on this!

#12657 1 year ago

#12658 1 year ago

#12659 1 year ago

#12660 1 year ago

That's very helpful, I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Thanks a lot!

#12661 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

That's very helpful, I really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Thanks a lot!

Anytime

#12662 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey all,
figured I'd try my luck here, located in MN, hoping to find a Godzilla Premium near me or get on a list to order a NIB one. Any luck out there? willing to ship or travel if close by. Thanks all.

Three options:
1. Pay an extra $1-2000 and buy one today.
2. Call a big distributor and wait 6-12 months
3. Do the leg work and call every distributor in the country and see if anyone happens to have a slot for July. Keep your ear to the ground. you may get lucky. I had one distributor I contacted in may call me recently to offer me a July slot, but I had already gotten lucky and found a other dealer who had one in stock and let it go for MSRP

Posting in a large thread probably isn't going to work, considering many many people have been waiting 6+ months.

#12663 1 year ago

I found and purchased a GZ premium during the last production run in June. Here’s how. As soon as Stern started shipping GZ Premiums, I called every dealer and distributor within about 800 miles of my location. I stated I had cash (literally, cash) and could come pick it up at their locale on a schedule that was most convenient to them. This worked. I paid a bit less than MSRP and no shipping/tax. Had a GZ prem 3 days after I started looking. With another round of GZ prem coming soon, this may work for you. Good luck.

#12664 1 year ago

I’m in! Arrived tonight! One problem though. The service menu buttons don’t work. I looked to see if anything was loose or disconnected but couldn’t find anything. I’ll try again with fresh eyes in the morning. But was just wondering if anyone had similar issues.

7F4EFCBB-B3C3-4C49-A676-99ADD5393BC8 (resized).jpeg7F4EFCBB-B3C3-4C49-A676-99ADD5393BC8 (resized).jpeg
#12665 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The service menu buttons don’t work. I looked to see if anything was loose or disconnected but couldn’t find anything. I’ll try again with fresh eyes in the morning. But was just wondering if anyone had similar issues.

Lots of issues with these lately. Push hard and they will likely work a bit. Request a replacement from your distributor…

#12666 1 year ago

I’m having same problem with service buttons. Found this post. Think I’ll tackle it soon.

9D1869EE-9CDA-4AD7-A21C-1EB525C001F7 (resized).jpeg9D1869EE-9CDA-4AD7-A21C-1EB525C001F7 (resized).jpeg
#12667 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

I’m having same problem with service buttons. Found this post. Think I’ll tackle it soon. [quoted image]

As wonderful as this post is at explaining how to clean your service button; I would avoid all of it, call Stern and have them cover the trouble for this. I received my PIN Brand new and on day 1 these buttons didn't work. I thought it might just be a fluke but I ordered a DP and sure enough same thing. Now I keep seeing the same story on this Forum and it's obvious by the look feel and high failure rate that Stern is simply cutting to many corners on some parts. Have them deal with the returns which will send them a message they cut too deep on this one. It was super annoying buying a new pin and not being able to set it to Free Play because the buttons didn't work. Seriously, what where they thinking trying to save pennies on cheaper parts for this important part.

#12668 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Lots of issues with these lately. Push hard and they will likely work a bit. Request a replacement from your distributor…

I emailed stern support. See what happens. I did like you said and pressed really hard and they kinda / sorta work but I feel like I'm going to snap the part off. Ugh!

#12669 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I emailed stern support. See what happens. I did like you said and pressed really hard and they kinda / sorta work but I feel like I'm going to snap the part off. Ugh!

They will likely tell you to contact your distributor. Most will send you a new set and they're super easy to install. Only issue I've found is transplanting the decals over from the original set to the new one.

#12670 1 year ago

In the club!

Game plays great, definitely one the best pins I’ve ever played.

Only issue so far is the pf glass is really tight. I loosened the rails, but that didn’t help much. It seems the plastic glass channels may need to be adjusted. Anyone else have this problem?

E424831B-E933-4992-AE6E-005B759A50FA (resized).jpegE424831B-E933-4992-AE6E-005B759A50FA (resized).jpeg
#12671 1 year ago

Help!
Am adding the convlux and I was doing photos before removing all parts but I forgot to take a photo of this. Can someone make a photo of this part to see how it goes ( the sort of support bolt under the beginning of the ramp after the bride. Thank you so much

2022-07-2014.31.585474087829275452277.jpg2022-07-2014.31.585474087829275452277.jpg2022-07-2014.32.147048488945189469430.jpg2022-07-2014.32.147048488945189469430.jpg
#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

In the club!
Game plays great, definitely one the best pins I’ve ever played.
Only issue so far is the pf glass is really tight. I loosened the rails, but that didn’t help much. It seems the plastic glass channels may need to be adjusted. Anyone else have this problem?[quoted image]

Very common issue now with the new games. If you remove the rails, it will only help a little. The plastic piece that holds the glass in place needs to be stretched out to remove the issue. See my post below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/243#post-7004180

#12673 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Very common issue now with the new games. If you remove the rails, it will only help a little. The plastic piece that holds the glass in place needs to be stretched out to remove the issue. See my post below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/243#post-7004180

Thanks, great tip! I’ll try that today (once I find my snow remover lol)

#12674 1 year ago

Is there a menu option to dim the backglass brightness during play?

#12675 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes

#12676 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Help!
Am adding the convlux and I was doing photos before removing all parts but I forgot to take a photo of this. Can someone make a photo of this part to see how it goes ( the sort of support bolt under the beginning of the ramp after the bride. Thank you so much
[quoted image][quoted image]

Salut! Even on mine, that post just sort of stands there, nothing is screwed into it. Unless I'm missing something, I think you're ok.

16583231550121191778588425591105 (resized).jpg16583231550121191778588425591105 (resized).jpg
#12677 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Salut! Even on mine, that post just sort of stands there, nothing is screwed into it. Unless I'm missing something, I think you're ok.[quoted image]

Can also confirm that nothing is attached to that post on top. It's probably there just to keep out errant balls.

#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Standard adjustment #92. Someone suggested 10% as the setting, haven't tried it yet.

#12679 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Standard adjustment #92. Someone suggested 10% as the setting, haven't tried it yet.

I have mine set to 2%. Works perfect.

While your adjusting, bring down the trough eject power as well, no need for it to be as high as it's set.

#12680 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's the white molex plug that connects to the trough opto board. Should be 2 of them. Pull playfield out to service position and it's right on the trough, can't miss it

I tried the molex. I found two in the front and one small one on the back of the trough board. I removed them all and reseated. Still having the same issue. The trough just keeps shooting balls as long as it has a ball to send. I can't get out of ball one on screen.

PinMonk

#12681 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I tried the molex. I found two in the front and one small one on the back of the trough board. I removed them all and reseated. Still having the same issue. The trough just keeps shooting balls as long as it has a ball to send. I can't get out of ball one on screen.
PinMonk

Did you end up running the switch test from the menu? That nothing was firing while at rest?

#12682 1 year ago

So another one of these is coming to me hopefully by early next week.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html

Any of you ever replace one? how easy is it? From what I can see it looks kinda plug and play. I only see one connection on the bottom.

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Did you end up running the switch test from the menu? That nothing was firing while at rest?

I tried to run a switch test but it says to hit the switch. I tested the outlines and the screen registers that they were tripped. When I drop a ball between the flippers nothing happens. It doesn't register a switch. But I don't know if there is a switch there? How do I hit the trough switch? I actually don't know where it is.

But after I ran the test to see what was on (the one with the boxes) the problem stopped for a game or two. Now it's back.

When I take all the balls out I can hear the coil firing to send balls to the shooter lane.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Please help, you all know what it's like to have a game down and be lost. I thank you for your time. I know we are all busy.

#12684 1 year ago

Just ordered the Stumblor Pinball Scoop sign mod. Looks super cool but, I admit, I find myself scrutinizing how much these mods are going for nowadays. A couple hundo for a lit up sign isn't cheap. Maybe I'm alone in my sentiment but, the increases in the cost of games across the board is making me pause a bit before I just buy up everything. Pinsaditums are $600 now? WTF? Anyone else feel the same?

#12685 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So another one of these is coming to me hopefully by early next week.
https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-4-button-service-button.html
Any of you ever replace one? how easy is it? From what I can see it looks kinda plug and play. I only see one connection on the bottom.

Replaced the one that came on my JP Prem a few weeks ago. Two screws, one plug. Easy. The sticker is the hard part if they don't send you one with a sticker.

#12686 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I tried to run a switch test but it says to hit the switch. I tested the outlines and the screen registers that they were tripped. When I drop a ball between the flippers nothing happens. It doesn't register a switch. But I don't know if there is a switch there? How do I hit the trough switch? I actually don't know where it is.
But after I ran the test to see what was on (the one with the boxes) the problem stopped for a game or two. Now it's back.
When I take all the balls out I can hear the coil firing to send balls to the shooter lane.
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Please help, you all know what it's like to have a game down and be lost. I thank you for your time. I know we are all busy.

When you drop a ball into the trough, you should see all the sensors trigger on the screen really fast as the ball triggers each opto sensor. So something like "trough 6, trough 5, trough 4, etc etc" until it hits the last sensor. This specifically is on the upper right corner of the switch test screen.

#12687 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

When you drop a ball into the trough, you should see all the sensors trigger on the screen really fast as the ball triggers each opto sensor. So something like "trough 6, trough 5, trough 4, etc etc" until it hits the last sensor. This specifically is on the upper right corner of the switch test screen.

When I drop balls during the switch test into the trough nothing happens. I removed the trough and wiped it clean. But I don't know where the opto is to see if it's clean. Is it possible some wax got on an opto in the trough? I did just wax it a few days ago.

#12688 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

When I drop balls during the switch test into the trough nothing happens. I removed the trough and wiped it clean. But I don't know where the opto is to see if it's clean. Is it possible some wax got on an opto in the trough? I did just wax it a few days ago.

So with a little more detail on what you can check at this point. the board you can see from where you open the coin door should have all lights off if theres no balls in it, and as the opto gets triggered, each led indiciator would light up as its active. So in the photo here, all 6 lights were on at game power on, and when i started the game the left most LED powered off since there wasnt a ball there anymore (for point of reference). Lets see if your board is working properly there first. You might even just find a long stick of some form or another you can pass through with an empty trough to see if the optos register something outside of a switch test (or roll a ball in there and see if all the lights blink as they trigger. Unless you lathered in wax, the openings in the trough should not be obstructed to block the sensor...but who knows.

2022-07-20 11.52.14 (resized).jpg2022-07-20 11.52.14 (resized).jpg
#12689 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Replaced the one that came on my JP Prem a few weeks ago. Two screws, one plug. Easy. The sticker is the hard part if they don't send you one with a sticker.

Thanks man. Yeah it " looks" like it comes without the sticker. Ill see if there is somewhere to get those.

#12690 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks man. Yeah it " looks" like it comes without the sticker. Ill see if there is somewhere to get those.

I got a new menu button assembly from Stern under warranty, and it did come with stickers, but un-stuck. I kind of like the unstickered plain black housing, so I didn't bother to put them on. I would have to guess that the ones from PBL also include stickers?

#12691 1 year ago
Quoted from wywin:

I got a new menu button assembly from Stern under warranty, and it did come with stickers, but un-stuck. I kind of like the unstickered plain black housing, so I didn't bother to put them on. I would have to guess that the ones from PBL also include stickers?

It doesnt say, hopefully! if not i dont really NEED them. Would be nice though.

#12692 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So with a little more detail on what you can check at this point. the board you can see from where you open the coin door should have all lights off if theres no balls in it, and as the opto gets triggered, each led indiciator would light up as its active. So in the photo here, all 6 lights were on at game power on, and when i started the game the left most LED powered off since there wasnt a ball there anymore (for point of reference). Lets see if your board is working properly there first. You might even just find a long stick of some form or another you can pass through with an empty trough to see if the optos register something outside of a switch test (or roll a ball in there and see if all the lights blink as they trigger. Unless you lathered in wax, the openings in the trough should not be obstructed to block the sensor...but who knows.
[quoted image]

From what you suggested the board seems to be working properly. A folded peice of paper inserted lit the lights. Then I filled the trough with balls one by one and they all lit. I hit start and it just kept sending ball after ball into shooter. Is there something that would make it think it's in multiball? Because when a ball drains it doesn't change the screen to ball 2. It just keeps kicking balls out like it's in multiball. But I don't think there's a switch for that?

#12693 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

From what you suggested the board seems to be working properly. A folded peice of paper inserted lit the lights. Then I filled the trough with balls one by one and they all lit. I hit start and it just kept sending ball after ball into shooter. Is there something that would make it think it's in multiball? Because when a ball drains it doesn't change the screen to ball 2. It just keeps kicking balls out like it's in multiball. But I don't think there's a switch for that?

When I got mine NIB the outlane switches were all in the wrong place. Every time I played and it went down an in lane I would get an extra ball basically had unlimited multi ball... I'd check and make sure they actually put the right switches in the right spots

#12694 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Just ordered the Stumblor Pinball Scoop sign mod. Looks super cool but, I admit, I find myself scrutinizing how much these mods are going for nowadays. A couple hundo for a lit up sign isn't cheap. Maybe I'm alone in my sentiment but, the increases in the cost of games across the board is making me pause a bit before I just buy up everything. Pinsaditums are $600 now? WTF? Anyone else feel the same?

I feel exactly the same way. I saw that sign and said "Gotta have it", and then I went to buy it and said nope (nothing against Stumblor making a living, all a matter of value for me). Almost all mods are out for me now. Of course I if I brought in another SAM game I'd ColorDMD it, but that's an exception that makes the game look more modern right away.

#12695 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

The new Pinstadiums are dope. Pricey but the guy has put a lot of time and effort into his r&d, so I’m willing to pay the premium.

#12696 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Yeah, the part we need to narrow down now is the miscommunication within the game hardware and software. You did mention before that the switch test would not give any results and now with the physical verification, the basis of the sensor is working properly. So at least now with your paper method and in switch test, as you slowly pass the paper all the optos should be triggering as you hit each one. And just to be sure, verify the interlock for the coin door is engaged to provide proper power.

If all the connectors on those boards are in their right place, firmly connected, but nothing on the switch test.... I'd gear on more of a physical issue on the board and not software related. At that point, don't know if you have another game you can swap boards out to verify

#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

As I was already placing an order with Marcos I went ahead and ordered the button block from them. No sticker. I peeled the sticker off of the original button block and put it on the new one. Lost some of the sticky but it's fine. You don't need the sticker but it completes the package.

#12698 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

PinMonk

So on the trough test, is the ball jam opto on or off? Then, if you take all the balls out, then drop them into the trough one at a time, can you see each opto triggering on-screen as the ball rolls past until the trough is full and all the ball optos EXCEPT ball jam are triggered?

#12699 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So on the trough test, is the ball jam opto on or off? Then, if you take all the balls out, then drop them into the trough one at a time, can you see each opto triggering on-screen as the ball rolls past until the trough is full and all the ball optos EXCEPT ball jam are triggered?

Here's the switch screen. And here's the trough with all balls in. If I hit start it will eject every ball. Once it's empty it will fire the coil to eject one every 3 seconds or so.

20220720_150250.jpg20220720_150250.jpg20220720_150426.jpg20220720_150426.jpg
#12700 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. I can see all the balls lighting as they pass optos. See my last post. I have 2 pics. When you say "on screen" you mean the board, right? Not the display screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/254?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.