Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 547.
#12601 1 year ago

During Destruction Jackpot the audio from my right speaker crackles a little. Is it supposed to sound like that? I never hear it otherwise. I was thinking it was added to give some kind of authenticity to the old air raid siren sound, but am not sure.

#12602 1 year ago

Quick question, after my 3 balls are released from the top of the building for multi ball, all 3 balls drain SDTM unless I nudge hard in which case 1 or 2 still drain.
Is this normal? Or maybe my left to right levelling is off.

Thanks!
Richard

#12603 1 year ago

What triggers the VUK when the ball is sent through the building? Is it an opto? Anyone have a photo of where it might be?

#12604 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Quick question, after my 3 balls are released from the top of the building for multi ball, all 3 balls drain SDTM unless I nudge hard in which case 1 or 2 still drain.
Thanks!
Richard

It’s kind of by design I think Elwin said you supposed to have to save them some people make a mod to have them go off at a slight angle otherwise just give it a solid nudge to save as many as you can. Or just wait for the ball save to kick more out

#12605 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

It’s kind of by design I think Elwin said you supposed to have to save them some people make a mod to have them go off at a slight angle otherwise just give it a solid nudge to save as many as you can. Or just wait for the ball save to kick more out

Ok! Thanks! Just played another game, seemed this time no nudging was best. Anyway, good to know!

Thanks!

Richard

#12606 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

There is no wife mode. Only other option is to divorce her and add more pinball machines.

Me married. Zero pins. Endless shoes, purses etc. Me Divorced. Six pins and counting. Endless vinyl records and no time limit at the brewery. FTW!

Bonus. My girls like pinball better than clothes and shopping!

#12607 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Me married. Zero pins. Endless shoes, purses etc. Me Divorced. Six pins and counting. Endless vinyl records and no time limit at the brewery. FTW!

Woooo, I joined this club 8 years ago Loving it.

#12608 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Poor guy!. Married 40 years, she let's me buy whatever I want ,

#12609 1 year ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

What triggers the VUK when the ball is sent through the building? Is it an opto? Anyone have a photo of where it might be?

There's an opto at the bottom of the shaft. You can see it when you pull out the playfield to the service poistion. There is also an opto at the top of the shaft that is contained in the vacuformed building. The opto at the bottom of the shaft triggers the VUK I believe from memory

#12610 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That box is a ferrite core for EMI. There’s nothing inside to see but 2 magnets. If you do open it up, be sure to loop the wires back exactly as in your pic. ‘cause, physics. How do I know? Inductive reasoning.

This is the best thing I've seen on Pinside in a long.....long....time. Thank you.

#12611 1 year ago

Installed the Real Knocker kit from Pinball Life and have the settings suggested but have not heard it "knock" for a feature I had it set for. For those that are using this what is an easy setting to verify the knocker works in the feature settings? Thanks.

#12612 1 year ago

I just joined the club, my Premium just arrived yesterday and it getting the crap played out of it right now behind me.

So this question is going to reveal the level of obsessive I possess. Unlike others on this thread I like and embrace the Connect system. I have everything setup but the only sticker for folks to scan to join is up on the speaker panel, kind of hard to get to with my lineup. They included a heavy duty vinyl sticker with the QR but my question is, where does it go? Basically, where is the "official" spot to place it? I don't want to cover up any art or words, and I can't see any obvious lined off squares where you would place it? With it being heavy duty, does it get stuck to the playfield glass directly? TIA!

#12613 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

I just joined the club, my Premium just arrived yesterday and it getting the crap played out of it right now behind me.
So this question is going to reveal the level of obsessive I possess. Unlike others on this thread I like and embrace the Connect system. I have everything setup but the only sticker for folks to scan to join is up on the speaker panel, kind of hard to get to with my lineup. They included a heavy duty vinyl sticker with the QR but my question is, where does it go? Basically, where is the "official" spot to place it? I don't want to cover up any art or words, and I can't see any obvious lined off squares where you would place it? With it being heavy duty, does it get stuck to the playfield glass directly? TIA!

I don't think many people hate insider connected as a feature, but the sticker on the speaker panel is ugly, so many want to remove it (peels off easy) and certainly not add a second one.

The only thing that QR code does is save you from typing "insider.stern.com". You then have to register for an account, so just telling new players to go to that website is not much more effort.

For family /frequent players it's easiest to print the personal qr code. Scanning the qr sticker, logging in with phone, and putting phone to game, will get very very tedious. I leave my little credit card sized laminated print right on the apron, and the cards for rest of family near by.

To answer your question, there is not on official place for that sticker, or they would have put it there.

#12614 1 year ago

I Protest, heat ray does not trigger the oxygen destroyer. I was down to two seconds left and the ball was nowhere near my flipper so I use the heat ray hoping it would work but it did not.

Also what purpose do those ferrite things serve for the shaker.

#12615 1 year ago

anyone heard about a topper from stern for godzilla?

#12616 1 year ago

I got to Monster Zero for the first time. I didn’t know you could drain! I tilted with two balls locked.

#12617 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

Not yet.

#12618 1 year ago

Karl's been streaming the new 0.97.8 beta code test today. Lots of improvements. He's still streaming...

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
2022-07-16-Karl-stream-sml (resized).jpg2022-07-16-Karl-stream-sml (resized).jpg

#12619 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

I’ve heard rumors of a third party topper coming out soon and I hear it’s pretty badass!

#12620 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Does it do that call out if your in Japanese mode?

The game makes the "how embarrassing" callout in English, if you're in either English or Japanese mode. One curious thing, though, is that this callout isn't always made for every very low scoring ball. It seems a bit random.

#12621 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

The game makes the "how embarrassing" callout in English, if you're in either English or Japanese mode. One curious thing, though, is that this callout isn't always made for every very low scoring ball. It seems a bit random.

Callouts are random so that it doesn't get too repetitive or boring.

I know you can replace video on stern SW, like the 1987 tmnt mod, is it possible to edit audio? Are the individual shout outs replaceable I wonder, or is it a complete package.

#12622 1 year ago

Thanks!
Richard

Mine did that every time regardless of how it was leveled. I bought one of the mods for the top of the building and it funnels them down to the left flipper...no more STDM.

#12623 1 year ago

Thanks!
Richard

I just put a small rubber dot in the middle and it moves the balls fine. Now I have a tiny diamond shape of metal, and double sided taped it there. Works perfect

#12624 1 year ago

Thanks!
Richard

Ok! Thanks! Just played another game, seemed this time no nudging was best. Anyway, good to know!
Thanks!
Richard

The balls are designed to go to the left flipper. There is an aftermarket mod, but you can also adjust the top of the building, see attached photo. Loosen the screws, adjust trajectory of the plates and then while holding in position, tighten back down. Worked perfect for me.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#12625 1 year ago

#12626 1 year ago

Has anybody made a decal that goes over the magnet?

Thanks!

#12627 1 year ago

Good job! The police will never find your ganja disguised as trees in your Godzilla machine!

Quoted from ChipScott:

Wanted to share some progress on my GDZ modding adventure.
Decided to remove the larger piggybank Godzilla and instead go for a 1964 version, which I think really matches well with the whole perspective. Added a burnt, crushed traincar segment into the clutches of his right hand and then added some various size/color model trees for additional perspective. Nice thing with the trees is that it hides the wires I have coming down behind the left ramp/bridge (for two spotlights and the LED flasher mod which is connected to the back of the bridge). Also, the trees mask the transition of the ramp to the bridge nicely, so looks a bit more seamless.
Now I wait for the building facades from Mezels and the side blades and apron decal from Wizard Mods...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#12628 1 year ago

Godzilla Rocks!

#12629 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

During Destruction Jackpot the audio from my right speaker crackles a little. Is it supposed to sound like that? I never hear it otherwise. I was thinking it was added to give some kind of authenticity to the old air raid siren sound, but am not sure.

So my left speaker does similar during mecha multi ball that it never did before. Almost makes me think it's in the code.

#12630 1 year ago

The notable distortion I get is during that change city annimation when the globe lowers into that table top or whatever it is.

#12631 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Mine did that every time regardless of how it was leveled. I bought one of the mods for the top of the building and it funnels them down to the left flipper...no more STDM.

Seems hit or miss. Just got my premium maybe a week ago. Initially without leveling proper sdtm. Used a digital level (not app which may be just as good no idea). From that point on it hits end of left flipper. I understand some have leveled and still sdtm. I thought the one elwin interview he said that the mod should not be necessary and they should not go sdtm but I would have to listen again to confirm..

#12632 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Seems hit or miss. Just got my premium maybe a week ago. Initially without leveling proper sdtm. Used a digital level (not app which may be just as good no idea). From that point on it hits end of left flipper. I understand some have leveled and still sdtm. I thought the one elwin interview he said that the mod should not be necessary and they should not go sdtm but I would have to listen again to confirm..

I've gotta do a minor left slap save every time but it almost always keeps all 3 balls in play. If I don't then it's SDTM and mines definitely level

#12633 1 year ago

Isn’t there a ball save implemented during the building ball drop?

#12634 1 year ago

I believe it’s by design so you don’t feed the flipper for a building smash until it’s got time to raise back up. I can usually save 1 or 2 off the drop and the other one just fires back out. Rooftop mods are a solution looking for a problem.

#12635 1 year ago

If its intentional that balls should drain (and Elwin said it was, to prevent building getting bashed or ball traveling through ramps while building moving) then why are the flippers active? Disable them, just like the saucer multiball (why are the flippers disabled at the start of that anyway?). Leaving flippers active, and trying to catch the balls and have them go down the middle, just feels bad. In 400 games i haven't had an issue shooting balls while the building is moving so i feel like it's a pretty weak argument

#12636 1 year ago

I've occasionally had ramp shots that deposit the active ball on top of the building while its raising. This stalls the game, as the building top has no way of knowing ball presence. Full ball search/building drop is then required to keep playing.

#12637 1 year ago

I've had my game for less than a week and I don't want to jinx anything but I haven't noticed any playfield dimples yet...have they upgraded the surface to address this issue finally? The finish doesn't seem to be the usual glassy coating but instead it has a little texture to it. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about it or if it's just my imagination.

#12638 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I've had my game for less than a week and I don't want to jinx anything but I haven't noticed any playfield dimples yet...have they upgraded the surface to address this issue finally? The finish doesn't seem to be the usual glassy coating but instead it has a little texture to it. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about it or if it's just my imagination.

Mines glossy, but has the usual dimpling, in contrast to my new Deadpool Premium which barely has any... It's just a playfield lottery sometimes you get a winner sometimes you don't I'm playing my Godzilla enough to where most of them are evening out and I barely noticed it anyway

#12639 1 year ago

The race is on now! I had my delivery scheduled for later this week but I just received a call that they need to move it to tomorrow morning instead. I hadn't planned for this but I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth here either. Will report back tomorrow when the beautiful kaiju is nestled in with its siblings!

#12640 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

Good job! The police will never find your ganja disguised as trees in your Godzilla machine!

Hahaha.... I was wondering when someone was going to notice that!
Kidding

#12641 1 year ago

Having a bit of trouble.

I was playing a normal game and all of the sudden it starts kicking out all of the balls. I had six on the playfield for no reason. Every time a ball drained it would send them all out again. I restarted the machine after clearing all the balls. On a restart it immediately began ejecting all six balls onto the playfield. This was at the game start. It also would not leave BALL ONE.

It registers when the outlines are tripped but it doesn't end the ball.

Any suggestions?

#12642 1 year ago

Start with the switch matrix. Do you see a row or column with everything active? If so, find the common line and find where's it's potentially grounded or broken. I'd start with the shooter lane switch. Is this working properly?

#12643 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Start with the switch matrix. Do you see a row or column with everything active? If so, find the common line and find where's it's potentially grounded or broken.

Thank you. How would I go about doing that?

#12644 1 year ago

In the menu system. Under diagnostics > switch (sw)

page 17-19 in this manual: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

#12645 1 year ago

hello everyone, a question to those of you who recently received a premium, is the plastic still under the bridge? the one that covers the magnet? or has it been replaced? do you have photos?

#12646 1 year ago
Quoted from dino69:

hello everyone, a question to those of you who recently received a premium, is the plastic still under the bridge? the one that covers the magnet? or has it been replaced? do you have photos?

there is still a plastic but it doesnt cover the magnet core

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12647 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

there is still a plastic but it doesnt cover the magnet core[quoted image]

And no, this is not an adequate chnge..saw wear on that plastic within days. Put a piece of rubber where bridge hits temporarily until you get around to adding a washer in the coil mech (see pinned posts)

#12648 1 year ago

Thanks so much

#12649 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Having a bit of trouble.
I was playing a normal game and all of the sudden it starts kicking out all of the balls. I had six on the playfield for no reason. Every time a ball drained it would send them all out again. I restarted the machine after clearing all the balls. On a restart it immediately began ejecting all six balls onto the playfield. This was at the game start. It also would not leave BALL ONE.
Any suggestions?

Unseat and replug the trough pin connections. Had this happen on mine as well and reseating the connections fixed it as it was loose

#12650 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Having a bit of trouble.
Any suggestions?

Can you confirm that it keeps ejecting balls after the ball save is over?

If so pay attention to the ball trough and jam switches in the switch test.

Also remove and reseat the ball trough opto
connectors and see what happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/253?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.