Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 547.
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The game shouted “take off your shoes!”

You sure it wasn't "Put your shoes back on!". I have heard that one in attract a few times.

#12503 1 year ago

There is also a clear base, if Marcos doesn't have it, Zitt does

#12504 1 year ago

Is there a way to choose who you get for Summon Ally? Tilt Forum says the right flipper button controls it. But when do you select it, and how do you know which you pick?

#12505 1 year ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Is there a way to choose who you get for Summon Ally? Tilt Forum says the right flipper button controls it. But when do you select it, and how do you know which you pick?

There is a Mothra, Anguirus and Rodan insert just outside the scoop and it rotates which is selected when you have Light Ally lit and press the right flipper. So the best way is to cradle the left flipper, choose your Ally with the right and then shoot the scoop.

#12506 1 year ago
Quoted from pluto:

There is a Mothra, Anguirus and Rodan insert just outside the scoop and it rotates which is selected when you have Light Ally lit and press the right flipper. So the best way is to cradle the left flipper, choose your Ally with the right and then shoot the scoop.

I believe I’ve seen it done before if you’re really quick when you hit the scoop you might be able to cycle that once or twice with the right flipper before it registers the ally

#12507 1 year ago

I just won a new Stern Premium from Project Pinball on Sunday! Today, my order is in for Godzilla Premium! It won't arrive until sometime in 2023, but I don't want to miss out on any mods that may get discontinued. What current mods are must haves for Premium owners? Thanks for your feedback in advance!

#12508 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I just won a new Stern Premium from Project Pinball on Sunday! Today, my order is in for Godzilla Premium! It won't arrive until sometime in 2023, but I don't want to miss out on any mods that may get discontinued. What current mods are must haves for Premium owners? Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Tesla towers, flaming frame speaker lights , swap the Godzilla figure. Check out the Godzilla mod thread for all kinds of ideas. Congrats on the win, I won a gottlieb/premier Rock from them in Chicago last year.
A great organization.

#12509 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

if you’re really quick when you hit the scoop you might be able to cycle that once or twice with the right flipper before it registers the ally

I actually noticed this for the first time last night. I was annoyed, and flipped the right flipper a couple times and I was amazed that I got Anguirus for my trouble.

#12510 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Congrats! the neon sign mode i believe is capped at 500, and they're at 450, so check that one out for sure.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod

#12511 1 year ago

So I'm officially in the club today, very fun game! The sound is a little scratchy, especially the subwoofer. I inspected the woofer and it's not damaged, then I tightened down the nuts in case they were loose but no change. Has anyone else came across this? I think I might add a rubber gasket where it meets the cabinet to see if that helps.

IMG_20220712_114609822 (resized).jpgIMG_20220712_114609822 (resized).jpg
#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

There is also a clear base, if Marcos doesn't have it, Zitt does

Afaik, I'm the only one that produces the bases in color. I also beat Marcos pricing.
That said, I understand the desire to order everything from one place.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/PopBumper.php

#12513 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Afaik, I'm the only one that produces the bases in color. I also beat Marcos pricing.

So we just need to order 1 of everything on that page in the color we want?

#12514 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

That's correct, one skirt, one body, one base. Ordered mine last week received them today. Hope to get them in tonight.

#12515 1 year ago

+1 for Zitts parts. They work great, and the clear base is absolutely a must for Godzilla. Looks good on Iron Maiden as well.
5704B2F8-2D56-406C-9E30-83648B114922 (resized).jpeg5704B2F8-2D56-406C-9E30-83648B114922 (resized).jpeg

71AFCDF7-05EC-485F-B703-0562F462AEE3 (resized).jpeg71AFCDF7-05EC-485F-B703-0562F462AEE3 (resized).jpeg
#12516 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Careful! As he mentioned earlier we cleared him out of one of the clear parts, you'll notice even if you select clear it will set red. I believe it'll take a while to get more of those clear parts.

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Careful! As he mentioned earlier we cleared him out of one of the clear parts, you'll notice even if you select clear it will set red. I believe it'll take a while to get more of those clear parts.

Yup just saw that I'll keep checking back, has anyone tried the green? I was thinking just throwing that onto the order as well to see how it looks.

#12518 1 year ago

Does this look correct (see pic) for wrapping the wires around the ferrets as per the shaker motor installation instructions?

GZ shaker motor wires (resized).jpgGZ shaker motor wires (resized).jpg
#12519 1 year ago

Another +1 for Zitt 's pop bumper parts and the clear looks awesome when paired with Sleal16 's UFO Saucer!

One note - there is a slight difference in the pop bumper body (on the Stern body the molding didn't go all the way to the top around the rod holes) so I had to modify Sleal's adapter by filing it down a little. Took only a couple minutes and fit great!

IMG_2969 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2969 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2970 (resized).JPGIMG_2970 (resized).JPGIMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2971 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPGIMG_2972 (resized).JPG
#12520 1 year ago

Link for the saucer mod?

#12521 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Another +1 for Zitt 's pop bumper parts and the clear looks awesome when paired with Sleal16 's UFO Saucer!
One note - there is a slight difference in the pop bumper body (on the Stern body the molding didn't go all the way to the top around the rod holes) so I had to modify Sleal's adapter by filing it down a little. Took only a couple minutes and fit great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from awesome1:

This looks so nice, is that his large or small saucer?

#12522 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

HD Glass is awesome
I got some pinstadium fusion atom lights

Zombie yeti artblades

KO 5.25" speaker kit

Stern Mothra egg shooter rod

Stern GZ Banner is cool for your wall art

Also cool add on mods ..

#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

This looks so nice, is that his large or small saucer?

It's the large!

#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Link for the saucer mod?

Didn't see them in his Pinside shop currently - PM Sleal16

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Didn't see them in his Pinside shop currently - PM Sleal16

Thanks, I ordered his large one a couple weeks back,I'm on the list. I have the art of pinball saucer and I like it but sleal's captures the look of the movie versions so much better. Plus I like that the large saucer covers more of the pop mech.

#12526 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks! And I got the clear kit a couple of days ago but havent had a chance to swap things out, so I'll check to see what adjustments might be needed. If its just light sanding, sounds quick.

#12527 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Does this look correct (see pic) for wrapping the wires around the ferrets as per the shaker motor installation instructions?
[quoted image]

This confused me as well. Just got my first shaker last year. Now all 3 of my pins have one. Yes as long as you wrap the wires a couple of times around inside and close it, it should be fine.

#12528 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You sure it wasn't "Put your shoes back on!". I have heard that one in attract a few times.

Hmm, not totally sure now. “Put your shoes back on” would have been even trippier.

#12529 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

This confused me as well. Just got my first shaker last year. Now all 3 of my pins have one. Yes as long as you wrap the wires a couple of times around inside and close it, it should be fine.

Pls look at my pic (post 12518). Does it look like the wires are wrapped enough times?
The shaker motor works, but at any setting other than minimal (the lowest setting), there's annoying rattling that seems to be coming from the back cabinet - I've tried to locate what's rattling but haven't been successful. At the lowest setting I'm satisfied with the shaking effect, as is everyone else who regularly plays, so I'll just leave it that way and not try to solve a problem that only shows up at higher settings.

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Thanks. I wanted to order from you, but as you mentioned, you’re sold out.

That said, I don’t mind waiting. Can/should I order now and then receive later? Or just wait to order?

#12531 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

So I'm officially in the club today, very fun game! The sound is a little scratchy, especially the subwoofer. I inspected the woofer and it's not damaged, then I tightened down the nuts in case they were loose but no change. Has anyone else came across this? I think I might add a rubber gasket where it meets the cabinet to see if that helps.
[quoted image]

On mine I had missing nuts on the speaker panel that cause the small speakers to rattle during deep bass sounds

#12532 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

#1 for Godzilla is a shaker motor

#12533 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Tesla towers, flaming frame speaker lights , swap the Godzilla figure. Check out the Godzilla mod thread for all kinds of ideas.
A great organization.

This and PinMonks Tibetan Breeze Flipper and Coil fans plus new coil stops. If you still have cash, Stremmy's OD mod is killer as is Sleal16's saucer. The GZ Mod thread is excellent.

#12534 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I have a shaker in the way as well.

Do many instal the quiet fan mod as well? For the back box fan, it is pretty loud when just sitting around the game room with the pins on. This is my first Stern.

Richard

#12535 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Shaker motor is a must on this pin. If you don't have one, order it today. Game is not complete without it.
Best $200 and 2 minutes install time you can spend on this game.

#12536 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have a shaker in the way as well.
Do many instal the quiet fan mod as well? For the back box fan, it is pretty loud when just sitting around the game room with the pins on. This is my first Stern.
Richard

I did the back box “booster fan” that works on top of the OEM fan instead of replacing it. Super easy mod, here’s the thingverse address. My loud fan NEVER kicks on, which tells me my PSU is running cooler which makes me happy too. My first Stern pin too, the OEM noise in my home environment was no bueno. Sidebar I run the Noctua fan with their RPM reducer (think 1600RPM?) which seems to provide enough cooling with absolutely zero noise.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4844962

Sleal16 saucer is amazing, I went for the big one zero regrets. I also replaced all of the black rubber with Titan translucent and green “low bounce” flipper rubber. Very happy with that, seems to brighten the playfield a bit as well. Also NECA GZ he’s kinda badass.

Have fun! Love love love my GZ Premium. Next up maybe some MythMaker speaker lights

#12537 1 year ago

here's the list of rings, if you intend to replace them all (recommended): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

#12538 1 year ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

here's the list of rings, if you intend to replace them all (recommended): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

Oh! And if you do replace with Titans don’t be a dumbass like me and actually put the posts in right side up (with the taper narrow at the bottom). Pinside to the rescue for me on that one!

#12539 1 year ago

A question + some updates and potential tips.

Does Stern (or anyone else) make a Godzilla scoop protector replacement? Discovered a split in the metal on one side as the cause of my scoop rejecting so much now. Asking in case Cliffy's backorder list is too long and I'm out of luck for months.

Oh, and the primary problem with my center spinner that wouldn't spin like the others was it ever so slightly clipping the corner of the nearby plastic. Unscrewing, repositioning, and re-screwing that piece into place (along with some additional manual switch adjustments) resolved the issue completely.

Thing for people with magna grab issues to investigate: check to see if the ball guide to the right of it is contacting the captive ball. Mine was. TBD the degree to which that was causing the issue of shots from the left flipper flying past it after passing through and around the building.

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Thing for people with magna grab issues to investigate: check to see if the ball guide to the right of it is contacting the captive ball. Mine was. TBD the degree to which that was causing the issue of shots from the left flipper flying past it after passing through and around the building.

doesn't the captive ball just cradle between the two guides, sitting on top of the magnet? I'm confused why the captive ball contacting the guide is bad (or perhaps, not a necessity). When I tightened my left guide (to make left ramp wider) i felt like i was basically squeezing the two guides together against the ball.

#12541 1 year ago

All this shaker motor talk has me looking for guidance. I've got a shaker motor installed on my pro- it rattles the machine like crazy! I have the shaker settings set to "Minimal". Do any of you shaker motor enthusiasts have any tips for reducing the rattling, and/or tips to improve my situation so I could run the motor on the default setting?

#12542 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

All this shaker motor talk has me looking for guidance. I've got a shaker motor installed on my pro- it rattles the machine like crazy! I have the shaker settings set to "Minimal". Do any of you shaker motor enthusiasts have any tips for reducing the rattling, and/or tips to improve my situation so I could run the motor on the default setting?

The shaker setting in the menu doesn't change the strength or force of the motor but rather effects the timing/usage of it. If you want to change the strength, pop off the top and change the offset of the weights by loosening the set screws, adjust, tighten, test, repeat.

#12543 1 year ago
Quoted from ax014:

Which shaker motor? Stern or 3rd party?

The setting in the game is how often, not how hard to shake. On one game I put a CT Red Tremor in, and had to change the weight orientation to calm it down. At that point I just stopped buying shakers.

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Can/should I order now and then receive later? Or just wait to order?

NO
As a matter of policy; I don't allow backorders. The reasons are obvious... But mainly I don't like holding peoples money.
Please hold your order until I have stock.
I can manually add people to the stick notification list for clear... But you'll need to contact me via pm or email with your email address

#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

NO
As a matter of policy; I don't allow backorders. The reasons are obvious... But mainly I don't like holding peoples money.
Please hold your order until I have stock.
I can manually add people to the stick notification list for clear... But you'll need to contact me via pm or email with your email address

Cool, I must have got one of the last sets. Received them yesterday morning installed them today.

IMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124600508 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_124652660 (resized).jpg
#12546 1 year ago

Another highly recommended GZ mod is Chrome Candy’s various metal parts. If you have the Prem/LE, the metal bridge parts are essential. These plastic parts have a tendency to crack on many machines, especially the covering over the Newton ball that the bridge bashes. Note: install of the bridge panels is one of the more invasive mods. You do a lot of disassembly and should be comfortable as such.

And I second the recommendation to put quiet-fans in the Stern Power supplies. I do this on all my Sterns. The original fan (apparently made by Pratt and Whitney?) is obnoxiously loud in a home environment.

#12547 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

And I second the recommendation to put quiet-fans in the Stern Power supplies. I do this on all my Sterns. The original fan (apparently made by Pratt and Whitney?) is obnoxiously loud in a home environment.

And I third it. I also do this with my Sterns, and it makes a big difference, especially if you are planning on keeping it in the home. I'll be doing this when my GZ Prem arrives at the end of the year, as well as my TBL, which uses the same power supply.

#12548 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

And I third it. I also do this with my Sterns, and it makes a big difference, especially if you are planning on keeping it in the home. I'll be doing this when my GZ Prem arrives at the end of the year, as well as my TBL, which uses the same power supply.

Yup, they're a cheap addition. When I buy one, I usually get one or two spares as shipping is worse than the actual cost!

#12549 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yup, they're a cheap addition. When I buy one, I usually get one or two spares as shipping is worse than the actual cost!

So wait, what's the actual mod you're recommending for the fan? A different fan altogether or an additional fan with an adapter?

#12550 1 year ago

Replace the fan inside the Meanwell 48V power supply. It's cheap and easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/251?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.